Other Auto Parts:
Oil filter
Fram
Fram - Oil Filter (PH4967)

Fram - Oil Filter (PH4967)

Good Quality

from Utah

Comments about Fram - Oil Filter (PH4967):

I usually choose Fram oil filters over some of the lesser known off brands, and this one has been good for us. Our vehicle has a computerized system that calculates when the oil needs to be changed based on weather, driving conditions, and general conditions of the oil. We can typically go quite awhile longer than the normal recommendations, and I believe that it is at least partially because of the work of this oil filter. It. Seems to clean the oil quite well, which results in it lasting much longer. I change my own oil, and this filter is also very easy to change. When the gasket is lightly oiled and then the filter is screwed on to a snug fit, it will seal well, and it will stay tight until it needs tone changed. But it will also come loose relatively easily when turned by hand in order to change it the next time. All around, this Fram filter is my first choice for oil filters.

Great oil filter!

Comments about Fram - Oil Filter (PH4967):

I use the FRAM oil filters about every three oil changes in all of my vehicles. This filter is not expensive and does a great job at removing dirt from oil. They are easy to install just remove the old filter and wipe some new oil on the oil filter gasket and twist the new filter on.

Fram PH4967 is a great filter

from Parkersburg, WV

Comments about Fram - Oil Filter (PH4967):

I have used this filter many times on my 1999 Toyota Corolla and can honestly say it is the best I've found. What makes it so great? Not only does it filter the oil better than any other filter, but it has a black rough surface that makes it easy to grip: even with oily rubber gloves on! The absolute dread of any oil changer is that once the oil has been drained from the car, you can't get the filter off. So now you're stuck with a car with no oil so you can't go to the store to get an appropriate filter wrench without putting more oil in the engine to be cycled through the ratty old filter--argh! This filter eliminates this problem--you almost never will need to use a wrench to get it off the car. You just grab it with your hands and unscrew it. It's really as easy as that.

The price is a little more than the average non-grip filter, but less expensive than the top of the line filters all the same.