1.6

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Vehicle Selection:

if you're smart you'll be fine

my boyfriend and i rented a 2010 toyota prius for 16 days in august/september.we rented it from seattle and drove it all down the california coast and then left it in LA so we could fly home. the car was clean and comfy and the price was $1000 less then any other rental company that we had priced out.we didn't experience any car issues, and returning the car was so simple and quick. when we researched rental companies we were perplexed because we read so many negative reviews about this company... but it is our opinion that if you are smart, read all the small print, take care of the car, and ensure you have proper insurance coverage in case anything does happen, then you will be fine.everyone we dealt with in the seattle location and the LA location, was friendly and courteous.no weird charges showed up on our credit card, and we would definitely rent from them again.

I would rather steal a car than rent from Fox again

DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY! I booked a car with Fox two weeks in advance to be picked up at the San Francisco airport. When we got there they surprised with an extra $250 fee! We didn't have the money in our account so we had to cancel our trip to Big Sur that day and head back to San Francisco to get things sorted out. We spent all day trying to get things sorted out and had the money wired into our account. They moved our reservation back a day and told us that it would be a day's rate less than our original reservation. We got there and had to wait in line for THREE HOURS! Everyone in line with us and at the counter was having a problem with them and was frustrated. We got up to the counter to get our car and they told us that we have to go across the airport and get our flight itinerary before they could help us. They couldn't have mentioned this before! That took 45 minutes. We got back in line and got back up to the counter and this time they tried to charge us $100 MORE than our original reservation. We got that straightened out and went down to the garage to pick up our car and had to wait another 20 minutes before they brought it around. Remember that $250 surprise fee? They put a hold on it that won't be released for 7 to 14 days. Fox Rent A Car completely ruined 2 days of our 10 day vacation. It was the most awful experience I've ever had with a company. Their prices are cheap for a reason. Anyone who has a good experience with them is the exception not the rule. I hope this company goes out of business.

So bad, rent elsewhere

from Kaneohe Hawaii

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

I will never rent with Fox Rent-a-Car ever again. The service was horrendous, the car was unsafe, and there were many deceptive fees.
At Denver International, I waited 30 minutes to be picked up from the terminal. When I got remote office there was a line of 15 or so people waiting so consequently I waited about two hours to get my car. Then, outside in the parking lot, I then waited another 15 minutes till they brought the car out. When I left, there was a line of 25 people. At no time did I get an apology. This must be business as usual.
The car, though a 2015 Volkswagon Jetta, was dangerous to drive. The brakes did not respond till they were depressed almost half way then they were hyper sensitive and jerked. The car had no torque and I had to floor the accelerator. That's not an exaggeration, I've never floored a car before and I usually drive a 2001 Honda Civic. Highway onramps were a challenge. I told the attendant when I returned the car, but it looked like it was going to be ignored and the car was going right back out.
Additionally, there were so many hidden fees. I expected the $30 gas fee to return the tank less than full, and took that option for convenience although it should cost half that with that car size. They charge an additional rental fee by the hour. The most obscene though was a $15 per incident fee on toll fees. It costed me an additional $75 on a $18 worth of toll fees as the airport is near a toll road so inevitably GPS will rout you that way.
Horrible, just terrible, so bad.

Neverave ever use this company

from Ontario, CA

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

I usually don't leave reviews but my experience was so horrible I felt the need to warn people. Never rent a car from this place you'll regret it. I had only rented a car one time prior to this at a different rental place and after this wished I had went back to the first one. I only rented here because it was the only place that had cars available that day and was cheaper. First off when I got there they took long to get me checked out even though I was the only one there. They gave me the keys to the car and just told me to go find it didn't point out what car it is or do an inspection of the car first. As I was leaving the employee came out and told me I couldn't leave my car in the parking lot while I was gone or it would be towed and suggested I take it to the airport parking lot. So I had to pay more money to park my car over night even though they had spaces available in their lot. The car was a very old model. Was good on gas but other than that I wasn't happy with it. When I brought it back the next day they got me checked out fast and gave me a receipt showing my $150 deposit would be refunded. A week later it still hadn't gone back into my account so I called customer service and they told me it got rejected because they were having trouble with their system processing cards with the new chip in them. The woman told me she would manually do the refund and it would be back in my account later that week. 4 days later it finally went back in. Took a week and a half for my money to go back into my account for a one day rental that's ridiculous. I will never rent from here again I'd rather drive farther and pay more than deal with this company and their horrible customer service. Oh and when you try to call you just get put on hold for a really long time no one ever answers the phone.

I got great service

from Indiana

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

I have rented twice in the last two months from Fox. I have been treated beautifully both times. I wanted a particular car because I drive one at home, and they offered to wash it while I waited as it had just come in. This trip I had to swap for a van for two days of my trip, then return and get my original. They understood, and treated me like family. I'm from Indiana, supposedly a place with great hospitality, but this experience in Guadalajara was astonishing. I had expected to argue about insurance (because of other reviews) but they were straightforward and explained everything in excellent English for me. DO NOT rent from a aite like Expedia as their insurance requires a HUGE deposit here. Just rent from Fox directly. I suggest you call the Guadalajara office and speak directly with them for your reservation. I will be making a lot of trips here, and I will always rent from this company. I noticed Budget next door never had a customer the whole time I waited for my car to be washed. Thanks to the staff for making things easy.

Bait and switch, cost a LOT more than quoted

from Santa Cruz, ca

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

Second experience with Fox car rentals. First one, there was like 1 person working when our flight got in. Took like an hour to get our car. Bad staffing and customer service.
Second experience, my husband booked the car, not knowing it was the same company that we had a bad experice with. Was told our car in Mexico cost was $11.00, they needed up charging up $177.00 ( 16 times as much as they said) because of "mandatory insurance" we had to pay to rent their car. If they charge mandatory insurance, just post that. No one likes to be surprised at the counter. There are hundreds of reviews of this happening to people with Fox, in Mexico and inside the US. Really disreputable. I would not use again or recommend them.

Scam run by Fox rent company

from Long Beach

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

I made reservation . with Fox rent company . When I come do Fox rent company to pick up car . Person behind desk told me that he can't fine my name in computer .Also he can't find my reservation . Finally he refuse rent me car .Then few weeks later I receive. bill for car which I never rent .No explanation .from Fox .They charge me for car which I never rent .325$. Hope I will got this money back

Never again .... !!!

from Medford, Oregon

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

Got to the Phoenix Airport at 11pm and then stood in line for 45 minutes! Of course, they didn't have the vehicle I had chosen so I got a mini SUV which was fine. In examining my credit card statement, they have charged me $150 extra for the "deposit". I would never recommend this outfit to anyone nor will I ever use them again.

Steer Clear

from Las Vegas

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

Las Vegas location takes two shuttles to get to from the airport. Lines are long, service is poor. Took two hours to pick up car once insight. I will not rent from them again.

Worst Experience

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

The car was nice, that's it.
My major complaint about my experience is simply that I got charged more than double my original quote. I was on my honeymoon, and had prepaid, thinking that would be the majority of the expense, maybe a little extra for insurance or something insignificant. We stayed in Orlando for 7 nights, had the car the whole time. I was originally quoted ~$300. In the end I paid ~$650.
I will do everything I can to ensure that nobody I know uses Fox to rent cars from in the future.

The sh*tty-it's place ever

from Las Vegas

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

This place sucks. It's off site, takes 2 extra hours to get back to the airport, the check in and out takes over an hour and they are rude. If I could give less than a 1 I would!

No show

from NJ

Comments about Fox Rent a Car:

Arrived at Ft Lauderdale airport at 11:45 pm to find that Fox car rental didn't have a car available for my reservation, not any kind not any size and the shuttle driver said go to another car rental counter and rent a car where you can find one and gave me a letter from Fox saying that they would pay the difference to me, between what I was going to pay Fox and what it would cost to rent another car. Well its five months since than and more letters and still no payment for the difference. Avoid them like a plague.