Other Food Storages:
Vacuum Sealers
FoodSaver
FoodSaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer

FoodSaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer

The best kitchen gadget ever!

I LOVE the Food-saver!  Actually, LOVE is not a strong enough word. This product changed our lives, and life style.

I bought the product thinking that it would...Read complete review

I bought the product thinking that it would allow me to save money by buying more items in bulk at my local warehouse store.  At first it was merely for keeping frozen chicken more fresh, and bulk blocks of cheese from turning moldy.  Over time I started freezing left overs in the bags, and eventually built up a stock of items in my freezer.  What a difference it has made as we now find our selves turning to frozen meals that taste as good, if not better, than the day we cooked them.  No additives, no processed meat parts, just good home cooked food.

We have now changed our cooking habits completely, and intentionally cook double or more of what we need for each meal.  I now cook an average of 2 times each week, but we manage to eat a different meal every night of the week.

Imagine opening your freezer and finding bags of pre-cooked rice, pasta, and sauces, prepared meats, casseroles, and vegetables.  The best part of which is that I size each bag perfectly for my family's needs so there is no more left-overs going bad at the back of the fridge.  It even solves the problem of having a picky eater in the family, as you can size the bags by individual and let everyone choose their meal.

The bags can be heated in the microwave, or boiled - which is actually my preferred method as it prevents meats from turning to the rubbery consistency that you usually get when microwaved.

We save money buying in bulk, by not wasting food, and virtually eliminating the need for take-out and fast food.  Having the pre-cooked meals in the freezer allows us to heat and eat a home cooked meal faster than we could pick up anything in a drive-through.

If you have a griller in the family they will love you for this gift!  We now devote about four hours of a day, once every three months, to preparing meats.  We buy bulk, marinade, and Food-saver them.  When grill time comes around we thaw the meat in the bag and toss onto the grill (or George Foreman).  The flavor beats any quick fix injector, or overnight solution - you won't believe it until you try it!

There is a slight downside to the product as we found that they really are not designed for heavy use.  The heat strip that actually seals the bag will over heat after repeated use within a 10 minute period, requiring a cool down period before continued use.  As well, there is a foam strip that helps create the vacuum seal that tends to go out pretty quickly (6 months or so) and creates problems in getting a good seal.  However, the downside is merely a nat compared to the overwhelming positive changes this product will have on your lifestyle, diet, and health.

I have the foodsaver machine and am just satisfied with it

We are big gardeners, and put most of our produce in the freezer. We stripped about 400 ears of corn, Green Giant eat your heart out. But to do this takes a lot of time. The machine sealer gets hot and freezes up, so long waits happen till it cools down. Also, we are retired, and the money is not flooding in. The bags themselves are not a cheap item even when bought in bulk. So, Foodsaver manufacturer, if you could solve these few snafu's, you'd really have something!

great food saver

from Oxford, CT

Comments about FoodSaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer:

After many years of wasting food from things being so exposed I decided to finally give in and invest in a good food saver. I purchased this one on-line and it came in pretty fast. I love it! It is so easy to use and so functional! I know someone with an older food saver and I must say the new one is much better and would highly recommend getting a newer one if you have an older model. The newer technology is so much better! It works great on both dry and wet items. And I love the built in bag cutter. . I have only had it for 5 months but find it easy to use and works great. I am saving so much more food and money. I seal everything including chip bags and so much more. It is great to seal freezer items and avoid freezer burned meats and fish! Trust me you will fall in love with it as soon as you start using it! The bags can be kind of expensive so try to utilize them carefully but I highly recommend it.

Works Awesome

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about FoodSaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer:

I just got this a couple of weeks ago. I was not sure if it would really work. However, it works awesome. My boyfriend hunts and we used it this year with the venison that he got. In all we used several rolls of the small and one of the large ones. I liked that you could cut and only use what you really needed vs an ordinary baggie.

Pretty nifty!

from Pasco, WA

Comments about FoodSaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer:

This item is very functional. Great for when buying in bulk. It is a little extra work but at the same time you can make bags in portions you will need in the future. Then you can just pull it out of the freezer and defrost it in the fridge in time for when you will use it. Yeah it is more work for you but it is pretty quick and saves time later.

O My God!! What did I do before this?!

from Colonia, NJ

Comments about FoodSaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer:

I love this. I mean I absolutely love this. I just got married so it's only two of us. But no one sells beef and other products in small enough servings and when they do, the prices are outrageous. This helps me buy bulk paks and freeze smaller servings so that I can take them out and use them without freezer burn. Yes, you got it, NO MORE FREEZER BURN. YAY! The only bad part is that since it's just the two of us and I haven't gotten the containers yet, I don't buy enough to use it every week....someday :o)

No freezer burn

from Norwalk, CA

Comments about FoodSaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer:

I recieved the Foodsaver Vacuum Food Sealer as a Christmas gift and it is an awesome addition to my kitchen. It does the job well in removing all the air and sealing foods for better storage. It increases the shelf life to many foods that would normally spoil quickly such as cheeses. It also freezes meats and meals without freezer burn. I honestly don't use it as often as I should mostly because it is bulky and takes up precious counter space. Currently, it sits on top of our refridgerator. However, when it is in use I always wonder why I don't use it more often. I wish the extra bags were more affordable. I also use the sealing function to seal bags of potato chips so they don't go stale. Its also great to marinate meats by removing the air and infusing flavors quickly.

Great food saver!

from Silverton, OR

Comments about FoodSaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer:

Our family buys organic, locally raised beef on a regular basis so we end up filling our freezer twice a year. This is a great way to ensure that we're eating healthy, hormone-free beef, but definitely creates a challenge as to how to preserve the meet from freezer burn. The FoodSaver has solved that problem! It's so easy to use and works really well. We individually package steaks, hamburger, even roasts and it keeps them fresh and frost free for months! The bags are a little on the spendy side, but it is really worth it if you think about the value of the products your preserving. We haven't used it on much else other than meat, but I'm sure it would be great for other items as well. It has definitely been a great tool to use in our family. The device is small and easy to store as well so you don't end up with a huge contraption on your countertop all the time.

Great Food Sealing Vacuum

from Washington, DC

Comments about FoodSaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer:

The Foodsaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer is an excellent product and a great food vacuum. Generally speaking, this thing saves a ton of money by helping you keep your products fresh longer. It minimizes stale products and eliminates the freezer burn problem. This has literally saved me a ton of money since I've purchased it. The biggest downside is that the bags can be pricey to replace and you cannot really reuse them. I guess you have to live with that considering how much money it saves otherwise. Overall, I would recommend the Foodsaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer to anyone who is in the market for a product of this type or anyone who has had problems with a lot of food going bad, stale, or getting freezer burn. You won't regret purchasing this product because it will do so much for you!

Great Money Saver

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about FoodSaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer:

I bought the first one for my daughter, then she bought one for my son and two years ago I bought one for myself which now my daughter owns. She used her's so much that it finally wore out after ten years. I think that I got my money's worth.

Good sealer

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about FoodSaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer:

This product is lovely. I absolutely ove being able to freeze leftovers and break up my purchases to freeze or refrigerate in portion sizes, or just be able to retain things for future use such as cranberries, nuts etc, all of which take up less space and store flat in my freezer when done in my foodsaver. I have found that one doesn't have to be as picky with some of theliquids as one might think. I have put wet items in bags andclosed them with great success and then frozen them. I also have frozen small liquids in ice cube trays as I wanted to portion them beforefreezing, and then zapped them in the bags. I think the main thing is not having things really hot. If you are in the market for a food sealer and would like to protect and preserve your food, then this unit works well.

The FoodSaver Saves Me Money!

from Canyon Country, CA

Comments about FoodSaver V2840 Advanced Design Vacuum Food Sealer:

We bought the FoodSaver a year ago because we got into using coupons and buying in bulk to save money. This was an investment, but we hoped that with this small investment up front we would end up saving a lot in the long run. Already this has proved to do just that. I love that everything I put in here I can freeze with confidence that when I defrost it, it will be as if I had just bought it.

As much as I love this machine, there are some reasons it does not get 5 stars from me. For one thing, you have to be careful about what you freeze because anything with sauces or anything that is not solid will squish easily. Sometimes I will put something in the bag, not seal it, and put it in the freezer for a bit to firm up, and then I will seal it. The biggest reason it doesn't get 5 stars is because how pricey the bags are, and how often you may go through them. Other than that, I love this!