Other Coffees:
Folgers
Folgers Classic Roast Coffee

Folgers Classic Roast Coffee

A good, basic, everyday coffee.

Ok hold on to your hats folks, you are about to get TWO REVIEWS for the price of one!  You will be treated by my non-coffee-gourmand review and I will include at no extra cost my husband the coffee-afficianado's review as well!  Me first...I drink A LOT of coffee, I hate to say how much, but let's just say that my compost bin looks like rich beautiful soil all the time but its just all coffee grounds, and that even though I have cut back my teenagers will swear there is coffee running through my veins, instead of blood.  But even though I drink a canoe-full every day I am not at all picky about my coffee.  I have tried all kinds, I even have a keurig machine-but the fancy coffees taste pretty much like the cheaper ones, i.e. Folgers.  The important thing here is the CAFFIENE, people!  For me, coffee is merely a tool to deliver the required drug.  So I am a huge fan of this Folgers Classic Roast because they sell it in very large quantities at Sam's Club for a reasonable price.  My husband on the other hand, actually TASTES his coffee, and not just any old bean will do.   He would prefer Starbucks or some fancy stuff in the Keurig, but he will drink this Folgers and not complain, which may not seem like a ringing endorsement but believe me, it is.

Folger's Classic Roast: Flaccid!

If you read me here and elsewhere you know that I've a healthy regard for Folger's Coffee.  Give me their Columbian, Gourmet Supreme or Black Silk and I need nothing more...Read complete review

If you read me here and elsewhere you know that I've a healthy regard for Folger's Coffee.  Give me their Columbian, Gourmet Supreme or Black Silk and I need nothing more exotic.

But, when it comes to their Classic Roast, the word "flaccid" jumps into my head.  Trust me, I know that this is not an adjective generally used with the noun, coffee.  Nonetheless, it's the word that comes to mind.

Weak, limp, it does nothing for me.  It reminds me of Maxwell House Original Blend, another insipid coffee.  That makes sense.  I grew up in the Northeast.  Maxwell House was the popular home blend in that region at the time.

I believe that Folger's had more mid-western roots.  But as time has marched on either brand is available nation-wide.

**Folgers Classic Roast Coffee Description**

No matter how much of this coffee I use when preparing my morning brew, I find it thin.  If I use too much of it, instead of producing a strong cup of coffee, I'm left with a thin bitter pot of coffee.  No, this is not a coffee for me.

I prefer it bold, deep and rich; a brew that stands up to cream.  The other premium blends of Folgers give me what I need.  Classic just doesn't cut it for me.

**My Viewpoint**

A hot cup of bold coffee is the ideal way of starting my morning or capping off a fine meal.  Unfortunately I find **Folgers Classic Roast Coffee **suitable for neither.  Of course individual tastes vary and you may find it otherwise.  But I cannot recommend this Classic Blend.  Sorry.

Rudi

Aromatic and full flavor

Comments about Folgers Classic Roast Coffee:

If you are a coffee lover, Foldgers is the best value for your money. It comes in a nice sealed easy to use container that keeps it fresh. You can adjust the strength of your coffee easily with this product, from weak to strong. If you like European coffee, which is STRONG, Foldgers is the best brand to replicate that flavor without the high cost. Good value for your money comes with rich flavor and aroma for your coffee break anytime.

Drink It Everyday

Comments about Folgers Classic Roast Coffee:

This is amazing coffee. I drink it every morning and I love it. It tastes great and is just what I need. Not to strong, but strong enough. I love the container it comes in because it is easy to open and store. The coffee also smells AMAZING. One of my favorites.

who needs a coffee shop?

from Ridge Spring, SC

Comments about Folgers Classic Roast Coffee:

I have spent my fair share of time trying out all the fancy coffee shops and all the fancy flavors they offer. Along with that time I have spent my fair share of money dolling out the high prices those shops charge. But I have realized that the best coffee of all is the homemade pot of Folgers Classic Roast. This coffee isn't anything fancy, and it does not cost a lot. But it is so full of flavor that my day, or my afternoon, always have a fresh start when I drink my cup of it. I simply follow the directions on the can and end up with a fantastic, aromatic pot of coffee every time. I have had people over to dinner who rave about my after dinner coffee made with Folgers Classic Roast! There is no need to grind my own beans, or pay an outrageous price for coffee, when I can drink this delicious classic that has been around for years. I would recommend Folgers Classic Roast to everyone, even the most discriminating coffee drinker.

This is a pretty good brand of coffee with a nice flavor.

Comments about Folgers Classic Roast Coffee:

This is one of my favorite brands of coffee. The classic roast blend is one of their best kinds thus far. It a nice taste that's not really bitter but more rich. I usually prefer sugar in my coffee no matter the blend but with this kind I don't really add as much because I like the originally taste. I mean with every sip in the morning you can really taste the high quality of beans they use. It has like a really nice scent to it so that even when it's strong it's not really over powering. It really packs a punch so It definitely gets you up in the morning but it doesn't keep you up all night long if you drink it early. Another thing that I love about it is that it doesn't leave that horrid after taste like other coffee brands and blends do. It just taste like pure coffee. Lastly I love the price you get so much for so little. Overall I think this is a pretty good coffee and that everyone should try it.

Great smell to wake up to

Comments about Folgers Classic Roast Coffee:

Folders classic roast coffee has been around for a long time. I remember my grandmother making this in the morning and as a kid i just loved the smell. We would make me a small little cup on decaf but I didn't drink it because I didn't like the taste just the smell. It wasnt until I was an adult that I started drinking coffee and I knew how much I loved the smell of folders so i bought some. The taste is so good it is a great way to start your day.

run of the mill, but not bad

Comments about Folgers Classic Roast Coffee:

This is the coffee I grew up with. My mother's been a faithful buyer of this product for as long as I can remember. Perhaps it is for that reason that this coffee is sort of the standard by which others are compared. It's what "coffee" tastes like...in a purely neutral form. It tastes like it should be in a plain white can that says just "coffee" in black letters across the front. It's not great; it's not bad. I prefer my coffee to be a bit more memorable and distinctive.

This coffee is awesome!

Comments about Folgers Classic Roast Coffee:

Folgers is best. The Classic Roast is so soothing. I start a part brewing every morning and I love the aroma especially on the weekends while breakfast is cooking. The taste is phenomenal. It has a balanced taste to it. Its not bold and it not boring. I guess that why the call it "classic". This is perfect for the person that just wants to enjoy a nice even taste without to much kick to it. I love it. A nice hot cup is not only relaxing but also gives you the pick up you need to start a busy day. I'm also in college and I make sure I drink a cup before any exam! It works! Great product! I am a true fan of Folgers! Try Classic Roast. You will enjoy it!

Best way to start the day!

Comments about Folgers Classic Roast Coffee:

Every morning I get out of bed and head straight for the kitchen to make my Folgers. I have tried many other brands of coffee, but my favorite is Folgers, hands down! I usually get about 30 minutes of quiet time in the morning to wake up before the rest of my family has to get up, so I make the most of it with some delicious coffee. Sometimes I mix a little of the Hazelnut coffee in with the regular version, just for something different. Thank you for making a great product!

The reason I wake up!

Comments about Folgers Classic Roast Coffee:

I am a serious coffee drinker and Folgers classic roast is the best coffee for the price that I have found. It's bold flavor is what gets me going in the mornings! Also it's available just about anywhere. Whether you drink it black, with cream and sugar or one of the flavored creamers this is the best coffee!

Folgers Classic Roast Coffee has become an inferior product!

from Mckinney, TX

Comments about Folgers Classic Roast Coffee:

Folgers Classic Roast Coffee has become an inferior product!  I brew just 4 cups in the morning and for years 9 scoops of coffee was sufficient for a good tasting coffee.  Not anymore.  I now must use 11 or 12 scoops to have any taste and then it is weak.  I believe the coffee beans and/or roasting process has changed with an adverse effect on the quality of brewed coffee.  P&G sold Folgers to J Smuckers last year so that may be the reason.  During this recession, all companies are cutting corners; maybe Folgers is too.  Very sad!