Other Pest Control & Pesticides:

Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer, 1-Acre Coverage

Flowtron Electronic Insect Killer: Consistently excellent job

from Boca Raton, FL

Comments about Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer, 1-Acre Coverage:

I've been using Flowtron "bug zappers" for several years now. When I lived in PA, we had several acres of heavily wooded property and we relied on 4 Flowtron units to keep the area around the house bug-free.

Too bad I didn't have my thinking cap on when we moved to South Florida; we sold our units to a neighbor rather than take them (the Flowtrons, not the neighbors) with us.

Down here in Southeast Florida we have mosquitoes large enough to have "kill stickers" stenciled on their bodies! Definitely should have taken the Flowtrons.

So we purchased a **Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer**, sufficient to keep up to one acre clear. Although we have a very small lot, it opens to a reasonably expansive common area. This was the right unit.

The Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer measures approximately 10" x 10" x 17" and uses 40W to power the electric grid that surrounds the black light.

**The Best Way to Use**

With many years of experience under my belt, I find that situating it least 25 - 30 feet away from the house connected by a heavy duty extension cord works best. We have ours attached to a palm tree.

Most people buy bug zappers when they're being annoyed by flying insects. That makes sense. After about a week of ZAPS and impressive fireworks shows you'll definitely see an improvement and start to notice less activity.

But, the very best way to use your Flowtron is to start turning it on in the early Spring before the insects truly invade. By turning your unit on early you have an opportunity to kill the few earliest arriving bugs and effectively disrupt their reproductive cycle. When used this way your Flowtron will ZAP less frequently throughout the season with fewer light shows.

**Clog-free**

Not exactly, but since the unit has an open bottom most insects will crash and burn and then fall to the ground. Your bird population should take care of any accumulation of dead bugs.

Initially, you'll notice an accumulation of insects on the electrified grid after only a few days. I use a blower to clear the grid. Friends use a garden hose. If you hose it, remember to unplug it and give it time to dry before plugging it in again.

**Closing Thought**

I have enough experience with Flowtron to expect this unit to last several seasons. It works well for us. I think it will work for you as well.

Rudi

Works great to get those pesky bugs around our patio area.

from China Spring, TX

Comments about Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer, 1-Acre Coverage:

This product is easy to use and does a good job of killing those pesky insects in our yard , no complaints from me and I have recommended it to others in our neighborhood , they were very impressed . I and others think this is a good product , doesn`t harm the environment and is mobile and can use it anywhere outside where it is needed. We even have more get togethers since we have gotten this product .

Very natural way to kill bugs 24/7

from New City, NY

Comments about Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer, 1-Acre Coverage:

Very natural way to kill bugs 24/7. I leave it on day and night. It uses very little electricity and it keeps my yard pest free. No one has smell or absorb bug poisons.It attractsthe bugs and zaps them dead.

Great for a bug free evening.

from Farmington, NY

Comments about Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer, 1-Acre Coverage:

This product is great. It keeps flying insects away from the deck and patio. We have it hanging in a tree 25 feet away from the sitting area. We have had very little bug activity since we hung it this spring. That is really unusaual due to a bumper crop of bugs from a very mild winter. I would recommend this product for medium sized yards.

tHIS INSECT KILLER IS ONE OF THE BEST I'VE HAD

from Halifax, PA

Comments about Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer, 1-Acre Coverage:

I PLACED THIS IN THE CENTER OF THE SPACE WE WERE OCCUPYING FOR A LARGE PICNIC, ABOUT 24 HRS BEFORE THE EVENT. IT ATTRACTED EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE. I WAS EXTREMELY PLEASED WITH THE PERFORMANCE. IT JUST WASN'T EASY TO CLEAN AFTERWARDS.

No Nasty Sprays and No Waving Hands

Comments about Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer, 1-Acre Coverage:

I go to cookout's at my neighbor's house almost every Sunday. He has the Flowtron Electronic Insect Killer and everyone enjoys his cookout's so much because there are NO BUGS. I don't have to spray the kids with nasty sprays and we don't have to keep waving our hands over the food to keep the bugs off.

A must have for the outdoors during the summer time parties.

from North Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer, 1-Acre Coverage:

They don't stick on the machine. I hate looking at dead insects that just stick on, like fly paper which I hate and its gross to look at. Germs are killed right away with this electronic insect killer. That's good.

Bug Zapper keeps the bugs away and from bugging everyone.

from Schellsburg, PA

Comments about Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer, 1-Acre Coverage:

I have 1 and it works great. Just ordered 2 more. 1 for my front porch and one for our cabin. The one that we have now in on our back porch we have had this one for a couple of years and never had a problem with it and it always works. We leave it on all the time in the summer and we never even replaced a bulb. Have faith the 2 I ordered will work just as good and we'll be bug free.

Great Bug Zapper

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer, 1-Acre Coverage:

This is a very good product. All types of bugs are attracted and zapped away. It is safe to have around children, pets and people. It is weatherproof. No need to spray pesticides or have the unsightly strips of dead bugs hanging around.

does a good job of keeping bugs away

from Spring Valley, CA

Comments about Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer, 1-Acre Coverage:

DOES A GOOD JOB OF KEEPING BUGS AWAY, SO MUCH NICER THE STRIPS, SPRAYS. THE ONLY THING NOTICABLE IS THE LITTLE ZAP WHEN THE BLUG FLYS INTO IT. BUT IT HAS NO ODOR, NO UNAPPEALING,. GROSS SUCH AS STRIPS. DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT LIT CANDLES.