Other Camcorders:

Flip Video Ultra 4 GB Flash Media Camcorder

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

The Flip mini video recorder is super easy and great fun!

I couldn't help myself. I had to buy the Flip mini camcorder. I have a big, old camcorder, but I don't use it much. Too much work. The Flip sounded like a...Read complete review

I couldn't help myself. I had to buy the Flip mini camcorder. I have a big, old camcorder, but I don't use it much. Too much work. The Flip sounded like a lot more fun.

The Flip is tiny. You can see in my photos. It fits easily in my hand like a cell phone. It's no trouble to tuck the Flip camcorder in my purse.

The Flip video camcorder is advertised as being easy to use, but it was even easier than I expected. I had it out of the box and made some video within five minutes. No kidding.

Just put in the included 2 double AA batteries. Push the on button. Mash the red record button to make video. Press the red button again to stop making video. That's all there is to it.

When making Flip video, you hold the camcorder out in front of you and look at the LCD screen. It's small but easy enough to see. I don't have great vision, and I had no problems centering my images and shooting good footage.

The Flip does not need media cards. No hidden charges there. All the video is held on the camera. The size is 2 gig which translates to around an hour of video. If you're shooting a ball game, shut the Flip on and off, or you'll run out of space. That's one thing I might change though I love that it's all inclusive and no extra parts to keep up with.

Once you've taken your video, you can use the included RCA cables to hook this right to your television. The cables are color coded. Match the colors and see your videos immediately and easily on your TV.

The Flip is called the Flip (I'm thinking), because you slide a button and out flips the USB connector. Just stick the camcorder right in the USB port on your computer. Nothing hard there.

Software loads automatically on your computer. Then you can watch your video, save video to files, send email video or upload to spaces like YouTube. It works basically like a digital camera. There are also some editing options. Put together a string of video clips and add music to make a music video. Or, capture a frame and make that into a still photo.

This is obvisouly not a professional digicam, but it's a handy and easy-to-use camcorder that takes good video. It's a lot more fun than older model video cameras that are heavy and complicated. I just carry the Flip with me and can take videos on the go. Then I can watch them or share them.

I thought the video would be better

We had one of the original Flips and it was pretty good.  Ok to view on the computer, download to Youtube, that kind of stuff.  So when this came out, we decided to try it out, hoping for better resolution.  I mean, I just wanted to be able to watch it clearly on the TV screen.

But I was disappointed.  It does not seem that the video quality is any better than our original Flip.  And the audio is also pretty bad unless you are speaking directly into it.  For instance, at our daughter's baptism, we could hear all the people whispering around us, but nothing that the pastor said.  The video quality is fine for posting on the net, but you are not getting a good quality video product that you could put onto DVD and watch on the TV.

One of the good things about this camera is that like all the Flips, it is very portable.  I keep it in my purse because with kids you never know what is going to happen - and it will stay charged for several weeks if you do not use it - so it usually always has enough of a charge to film what i want to at that impromptu moment.  Download to the computer is very easy, even my 10 year old uses ours and can manipulate it rather easily.

Good overall camera, very portable, but was disappointed with the video/audio quality.  It will work, but don't expect perfect resolution..

Great camera for capturing those little moments

Comments about Flip Video Ultra 4 GB Flash Media Camcorder:

We bought this camera in order to be able to film special moments with our kids. it's maiden voyage was telling my son that his sister had arrived. This is an easy camera to use, the video version of a point and click camera, a great camera for older kids to use and make their own movies as well. The picture is crisp and clear, even in lower lighting. It's compact size makes it convenient for packing and taking it along when traveling. Uploading onto the computer is also a very simple process and we have used this to share videos of our children's events with family who live out of state. There is a limit on how much can be film (1 hr) but we upload our footage and then clear the memory so it has never really become an issue for us.

Battery Life
The camera requires AA batteries and they can get drained pretty quickly depending on use. We use rechargable batteries to help keep cost down.

• Battery Life:

Convenient and takes excellent footage

Comments about Flip Video Ultra 4 GB Flash Media Camcorder:

The Flip Video Ultra 4 GB Flash Media Camcorder is an excellent addition to any household. It is convenient, easy to use, and takes quality footage. I decided to invest in a Flip camcorder because I have two young children and wanted to capture their milestones and other important events in their lives. I needed a device that was easy to use, small, and portable. The Flip camcorder fit all of these criteria. I am very impressed with how streamlined this device is. It fits nicely into my purse or diaper bag and does not take up a lot of space. I was also impressed with how quickly I was able to learn how to use this device. It was not hard to figure out how to take videos and it was even easier to figure out how to download these videos to my computer and how to charge this camcorder. The quality of the footage is outstanding. Overall, I highly recommend this camcorder. It is affordable, high quality, and very user friendly!

LOVE my flip video

from Austin, TX

Comments about Flip Video Ultra 4 GB Flash Media Camcorder:

I purchased a Flip video camera when I was pregnant with my daughter, who is now four years old. I wanted an easy and light weight video recording device to capture all her first moments. It has been great and is exactly what I was looking for.

This is a great performing iflip camera. It shows the video on the screen and has easy access to play back.

Battery Life
The battery life is GREAT! We have had for four years, with intermittent use and only had to change the batteries once.

The camera has been durable, we have had and used sporadically for four years. It has held up really well.

This is SO easy to use. You just push one of a few button choices and you are in business. The main button is big and red, very easy and functional; even for a novice like me.

I love the design of this video camera. It is small, sleek and fits in my pocket. It has a nice wrist strap so you can carry on your arm without it falling off.

Great Camera, Short Battery Life

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Flip Video Ultra 4 GB Flash Media Camcorder:

I love the quality of the video of my HD Flip cam. It's so easy to use and setup is a breeze. I received this as a gift, and while I wouldn't have purchased this for myself, many of my friends have borrowed it because of the size and quality of the video. It's portable and I can depend on it when I need to take quick video that's not just a phone camera quality.

I have had no issues with performance of this so far.

Battery Life
The battery life on mine right out of the box was right at an hour. It's pretty mighty for a small camera, so this is expected, but make sure you have backup batteries if you take this anywhere. Every so often, I forget the battery is running low and it shuts off while recording.

The ease of use is probably the selling point of this camera.

I love the design of the camera. When plugging in the USB, you have to be careful to prop the camera so it doesn't dangle from the port, but otherwise it's durable and well designed.

Great Compact Option

from Miami, FL

Comments about Flip Video Ultra 4 GB Flash Media Camcorder:

In the era of smart phones it is hard to have a compact camcorder compete, but the Flip dies the job in a very user-friendly fashion!

The resolution and easy integration with your computer makes it a winner.

The durability if the Flip is not universally reliable. I have had two of them and one of them collapsed on a trip to the beach. I don't know if excess exposure to the elements can be the culprit. The second one has provided excellent performance.

• Battery Life:

Great little camera if you are On The Go!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Flip Video Ultra 4 GB Flash Media Camcorder:

My husband purchased a Flip camera for me for Christmas. I was so excited! I love to take videos of just about everything, but I am always taking up too much room on my cell phone. He bought this for me so I can take videos and they will be stored without taking up any space on my phone. The video is clear and is high quality. It has a USB port so the videos are easily transferred to your computer for better viewing. The Flip itself has a fair amount of video time and the battery life is great. I would recommend that you purchase this item with a removable tripod. It makes shooting video with the camera in a non-moving position much easier and nicer. This price is not too bad. He also purchased me a case to keep it safe. It is also durable. I dropped mine (by accident, of course) and there was no external or internal damage to the product. This is a great buy if you are looking for a small handheld camera for short videos.

• Battery Life:

The Flip Videos Camcorders are amazing and perfect!!

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Flip Video Ultra 4 GB Flash Media Camcorder:

I have had my flip video for almost a year now.  It is one of THE most awesome little gadgets I own.  Rather than having to carry around a bulky camcorder OR having to use the low-quality recording device on your cell phone (or similar), you can fit this gadget in your pocket or purse so much easier and it gives you crstal clear videos as well.  The one I have only records up to one hour but is STILL better than again a bulky camcorder that won't fit in your pocket OR only being able to record like 30 seconds on your cell phone which turns out all out of focus or what not.

I have recommended this product to many, many people.  What I REALLY like about the Flip Video is that fact that they do not all look the same.  You can select from a number of designs on the website and there's also a feature on the website to be able to create your own pattern then select which part of it to use.  This makes eveyone flips unique to fit their personality.  For instance a guy can have skulls or chains or blaks and blues while a girl can have pinks and purple or kittens or butterflies.  You can choose what ever you want from solid colors to patterns to actual pictures.

Antoher great feature about his is the built in USB, hense the term Flip Video.  You don't hav to worry about trying to keep up with yet another cable/cord like you do with almost every other electronic gadget out there.

Another great thing is the software that come pre=installed on the Flip Video.  Once you plug it into your computer a window will guide you through installing it on your computer (no CD required to put in your computer or keep up with either).  This software allows you to do many things from uploading to and from your computer/flip (back and forth), lets you upload directly to an email or a website (like Facebook), it lets you edit your pictures, and so much more.

I hope this helps you decide to get one for youeself.  I would not have it any other way other than maybe to have gotten the two hour recording one.  One hour is definitly a long time to record something but two hours is obviously better to have the option to use if want or needed.

• Battery Life:

Easy to use, store and upload videos

from Little Falls, NJ

Comments about Flip Video Ultra 4 GB Flash Media Camcorder:

I bought the Flip because it's easy to use and carry with me. A couple of drawbacks are that the screen is small and the resolution isn't always perfect. But for taking in the moment videos it's great. It has ample storage and the usb connection makes videos and photos quick to view and save. No need for batteries here.

Perfect for my family

from Corona, CA

Comments about Flip Video Ultra 4 GB Flash Media Camcorder:

This is the perfect camcorder if you want to get a lot of use out of your camcorder. Since it's small, I carry it everywhere and since it is durable I even let my son take videos with it. There are so many times when I used to think "I wish I had my camcorder!" Now, with the Flip, I always have it with me and I have a lot of special memories on video. Inexpensive, durable and easy to use.

Video recording as easy as 1 2 3 flip

from Houston, TX

Comments about Flip Video Ultra 4 GB Flash Media Camcorder:

My HP digital camera takes videos, but just not very good quality. I recently got the **Flip Video Camcorder Ultra Series **for home, business and for play and now can see what it is so very popular.

What do I like about the **Flip Video Camcorder Ultra Series? **

- lightweight

- fairly easy to use

- charges fast

- handy carrying case and wrist band

- no software to install

- great picture quality

- good sound

- easy share via Facebook, You Tube and other methods

What don't I like about the **Flip Video Camcorder Ultra Series? **

- I couldn't figure out how to be able to use the videos using the Flip software until I went online and downloaded another version of the user's manual.

- I still have problems with loading it to my computer and getting it exactly where I need it to make movies or use the Flip software.

- arm for the USB port = I feel like it's going to fall out of the hook up.

Overall, the **Flip Video Camcorder Ultra Series **is fun and easy. Even my 6 year old daughter has been able to take video with it. I can see it rapidly becoming almost as important to us as our cell phone especially when wanting to share video with family far away. **Flip Video Camcorder Ultra Series** **Flip Video Camcorder Ultra Series**

The videos and images are good quality.

Battery Life
The battery life could be so much better, but I think it never really gets a full charge because the only way to charge it is to put it into your USB port on your PC and the arm doesn't stay inserted all the time.

The kids have dropped it and used it and they are 6 and 5 and it still works.

Did I mention it's EASY?

It would be nice if it also had a "flip" screen to record yourself.