Other Cloth Diapers:

Flip One-Size Snap Closure DIaper Cover & Insert

Pros

Cons

I Like My Flips!

I hopped on the Flip bandwagon after hearing great things and wanted to try them out for myself. I have been really happy with them so far, after about 4 months of use. The Flip system is basically a glorified prefold/cover system, so if you want to use prefolds and covers there are less expensive options out there (my preference being Green Mountain Diaper prefolds and Thirsties). That being said, if you have more money to spend the Flips with organic inserts are great (NOT the stay-dry inserts - they bunch up and shift around like crazy! So not worth it!) I love that I can use my own prefolds with the Flip cover trifolded in. My favorite things about Flips are that they are snaps (I have grown to dislike velcro) and that yes, they are thin PUL. Believe it or not I think this is a good thing! It makes the fabric much more flexible. It's much less stiff than other PUL and moves with my baby a lot better. And still doesn't leak! I wouldn't recommend these covers for use on babies who haven't started solids. There is only 1 leg gusset (not 2 like with the Thirsties brand) and it's very easy for the poo to leak out. But for older babies it's great! I have not had a single pee leak ever, and haven't had a poo leak ever since my son started solids. I always wash my covers in the washer on a cold rinse/hot wash cycle, and line dry. They have held up wonderfully. The leg elastic has stayed in perfect condition, HOWEVER, it seems to be looser elastic to start with. So if you have a baby with skinny legs, these might not work for you. My son is in the 50th percentile for height and weight and the leg gussets are PERFECT on him - no gaps, and no red marks! He is also still on the smallest setting, even though he is over 7 months old and 19 pounds! These will definitely last him until potty training, which makes them a great buy!

Flip diapers...mixed feelings

We have been using these diapers on our daughter for eight months. At first, I LOVED these diapers. I chose them because I wanted a diaper with a seperate insert and cover so that the insert could be thrown in the diaper pail and the cover could be reused if it was still clean. We ordered ten of the day packs with an additional 30 inserts. We also ordered several bags of the disposable inserts. I have found this to be a good number of diapers to have on hand. The diapers are easily adjustable to size because of the snaps, and the diaper doesn't seem to be too bulky on baby. However, within a few weeks of when we started to use these diapers on our newborn daughter, two of them broke. On one of them, the elastic around one of the legs broke, and on another, one of the snaps fell off. We sent those back and they were replaced...then about two months ago, ALL of our diaper covers started leaking. This was very frustrating as we had been washing them with the correct detergent and everything. They were still under warranty from the company we bought them from, and they replaced them so we not have ten new covers. I am hoping that they last longer than the other ones, but have my doubts and expect them to start leaking again at some point in the future.

Great for first time users or those w little free time

Comments about Flip One-Size Snap Closure DIaper Cover & Insert:

I am a first time user of cloth diapers, and the Flip Cloth Diapers have made it quite a pleasant experience. Its really easy and quick to use, just like a disposable. This is very important or you will be like many moms who end up stop using cloth diapers because it takes up too much time or work.
Another time saving aspect of it, is that the covers dry quickly (in just an hour of air drying...maybe less even).
Unfortunately, the flip diapers do leak. I had read many reviews on flip diapers and I didn't find any reviews on it leaking (thus the top reason why I bought the flip brand diapers), but I have had several leaks when I keep the diaper on to long (so not necessarily the diapers fault). However, they have leaked less than the newborn pampers diapers I used about the first three weeks after my baby was born.
Something helpful to let you know (because I kept looking for info on this), is that a good amount to buy is 4pkg. With this amount, I can wash every other day and sometimes up to 3 days in between. The inserts do take awhile to sun dry (about an entire day), so keep that in mind too.

Quality Covers

Comments about Flip One-Size Snap Closure DIaper Cover & Insert:

These covers are some of my favorites. I have them in 2 colors with the microfiber inserts. Yellow & pink. I use them on my 2 year old. I'm not a huge fan of the velcro and I wish that I would have purchased the snaps instead. But that is not indicative of the quality of the diaper. Velcro will never be as good as the snaps as far as how long it will last. The velcro was on sale and that's why I purchased the velro instead of snaps.

They are easy to use. velcro makes them very easy to size. Although the velcro will probably not last as long as snaps would. Snaps vs velcro would be a personal preference issue though.

Leak Prevention
We have not had ANY leak issues! I would highly recommend these diapers for that reason.

Comfort
Sure...no issues with comfort. my 2 year old seems plenty comfortable.

Absorbency
Absorbency is not the goal for the covers. Microfiber is not the most absorbent fabric. So it's not a quality issue...just purchase bamboo if you want it to be more absorbent.

Flip One-Size Snap Closure Diaper Covers

Comments about Flip One-Size Snap Closure DIaper Cover & Insert:

These are the only cloth diapers that we use on our daughter. They are easy to use and very versatile. We have used them with the organic inserts, the stay dry inserts, and even using the flour sack towel method. They fit very well and can be adjusted as she grows and changes.

These diapers are very easy to use. There are rows of snaps that you can use to adjust size as your baby grows taller and bigger both on the tabs and the body of the diaper.

Leak Prevention
We've never had a leak with the Flip diapers once fitted to our daughter properly.

Comfort
Once again the snaps allow you to fit the diapers to your baby so that she is comfortable.

Absorbency
We have used both the organic and stay dry inserts and both are absorbent enough for our heavy wetter. We like the stay dry inserts the best because they also allow for a much trimmer fit.

• Absorbency:

They work but aren't my favorite

Comments about Flip One-Size Snap Closure DIaper Cover & Insert:

I purchased a Flip diaper after a few months of using Bum Genius 4.0 pocket diapers (which I loved). I bought it because I thought simply laying an insert in the Flip cover would be easier than having to stuff the pocket diapers every time. However, I found them a bit difficult to put on and the insert rarely stayed flat. This was typically fine for wet diapers but if my son had a bowel movement, the cover was a mess inside. I rarely used it because of those frustrations so maybe if I'd given it more time I would have figured out the quirks and enjoyed them more.

I had a hard time keeping the insert in place as I was trying to put it on my child. Maybe if I didn't already have Bum Genuis pocket diapers which were really easy to put on, I would have persevered longer and mastered the tricks to get it on easily.

Leak Prevention
I never had a problem with them leaking.

Comfort
My child never complained about them. However, I can't imagine it was comfortable when the insert got bunched up inside.

Absorbency
The inserts work great! They hold so much you could almost wring them out if you've left the diaper on too long.

• Absorbency:

Good option for cloth diapers.

from florida, USA

Comments about Flip One-Size Snap Closure DIaper Cover & Insert:

Overall, I like the flip diapers. My son had major issues with diaper rash. Even creams would not help. But switching to cloth diapers helped tremendously!
The snap closures were especially handy when my children were a bit older and started to try and take off their diapers. With disposables, children can easily tear it off, but with the snap closure, they are not strong enough. You do need a special detergent to wash the diapers in if you want them to last as long as possible. Detergents such as Tide, All, or other major brands have enzymes that break down the material over time. They are a little pricey up front, but save money in the long term.

As far as cloth diapers go, these are easy. Just lay the insert into the cover and snap around the baby like you would a disposable.

Leak Prevention
With cloth diapers you tend to have to change your child a bit more often, and these are no exception. I did have a few leaks, but it wasn't enough for me to forsake them.

Comfort
Although a bit bulky, they are made of cloth, so there is no harsh plastic that rubs again you child's skin.

Absorbency
They were satisfactorily absorbent during the day, but overnight seemed to be an issue for me, even when doubling up the inserts.

• Absorbency:

Nice cover, good price, but not my favorite

from Monticello, MN

Comments about Flip One-Size Snap Closure DIaper Cover & Insert:

The Flip cover is very easy to use and will fit over most any diaper style including prefolds, the Flip insert, most fitteds, and anything else you want to throw in there. It is a very large diaper cover but because it is so thin it can pretty easily scrunch up and fit smaller babies without looking too massive. It's nice that the inside is just PUL and so it is easy to wipe if you want to do that and it dries quickly. My main thing that I do not like about this cover is how wide it is across the crotch. I'd prefer to use a diaper that isn't so wide since I just think it isn't that necessary to have all that extra stuff between my children's legs. I prefer the Fuzzibunz, Charlie Banana, and Softbums in that aspect. I do like that the Flip diaper covers are affordable and that it's still a great product. I've used the product for over a year and I've had no problems with wear to the covers and they look as good as the day I got them which I love.

• Absorbency:

I like the Flip brand of diapers okay.

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Flip One-Size Snap Closure DIaper Cover & Insert:

I am a proud cloth diaper mommy and currently have two flip covers and inserts in my collection. They do have fun colors! I like the inserts fine and they seem to come clean very easily and I haven't had a problem with them stinking like I do a couple of the other brands that I have. The Flip one-size snap is a great diaper cover and really works well to hold in anything that might otherwise try to leak out! I also have the disposable inserts but have not had a chance to use them yet. The flip covers are very durable and well made. I have not had any problems out of mine yet. They seem comfortable on my baby girl, and they are very easy to use. I would recommend the Flip if you are interested in cloth diapering!

So easy to use. With the Flip, cloth diapering is a breeze!

Leak Prevention
They help hold the leaks in very well!

Absorbency
The inserts seem to absorb very well. I like that they are double side and can also be folded down to fit either a smaller or bigger baby.

• Absorbency:

This is all I use now!!!

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Flip One-Size Snap Closure DIaper Cover & Insert:

I used to do pocket cloth diapers and enjoyed the experience but after a bit of time they started to retain smells and they just started to wear down as well. The sad thing was it was a package deal so although I could save the inserts I had to get rid of the pocket. So I decided to try the Flip covers and just use prefolds and some of the microfiber inserts from my pockets!!! I can't go back, they are wonderful, they are one size so I use them with my two year old and my infant. They are snaps and wonderfully adjustable. They have these wonderful little tabs to tuck your prefold in so it doesn't pop out of the end. The other nice thing is that if they baby just wets you can pull out the insert and put a new one in using the same cover and making less laundry and less covers you need. However you can change the whole thing each time if you wish as well. I find them so easy to use and I LOVE them!!! I have a growing stash....shhh don't tell anyone!

• Absorbency:

Best cloth diaper out there.

Comments about Flip One-Size Snap Closure DIaper Cover & Insert:

We tried many a cloth diapers for my now 20month old girl and were blown away by the Flip line of diapers. We have the organic inserts as well as the stay dry inserts. We also use regular prefolds with the Flip covers. The stay dry inserts are good for wicking away moisture, but aren't quite as absorbent as the organic inserts. Our favorite thing to do is put the prefolds in, and line with a stay dry on top during naps and night time.

These diapers fit starting at 8 lbs, so they are not appropriate for most newborns. Honestly I wouldn't start an all-in-one diaper until around 10 lbs because leaking happens when their little legs aren't fat enough.

• Absorbency:

Simple to use and easy to clean

Comments about Flip One-Size Snap Closure DIaper Cover & Insert:

It took a long time for me to come around to cloth diapering because it sounded so complicated. Well it is definitly not complicated to use the flips. I love that you can just swap inserts and use the same cover (rinsed out) for lightly soiled diapers. That really saves on the number of laundry loads.

Leak Prevention
We've only had leaks at night on occasiona and adding a doubler to the insert has eliminated that.

Absorbency
This is somewhat dependant on the type of insert you choose, but I love the flip all in one inserts as they can hold a lot of moisture without being bulky.