Other Early Development Toys:
Learning Toys, Musical Toys
Fisher-Price
Fisher Price "The Farmer Says" See 'n' Say

Fisher-PriceFisher Price "The Farmer Says" See 'n' Say

Pass the Excedrin - See 'n' Say is a hit.

If I were a rational person with a consistent behavior pattern, I would despise HRH's See 'n Say. This toy is plastic, noisy, and made by Fisher-Price - a troika of demerits. However, I am a silly person given to unpredictable whims, and I love the See 'n Say. I had one as a child and there is nothing like seeing your own enjoying something you used to play with.

Fisher-Price has made some major improvements - my See 'n Say was huge and operated with a pull string.  If the string broke, it couldn't be fixed. The new See 'n Say is about eight inches square, and vaguely barn-shaped. In the center is the familiar wheel with the animal pictures all around and an arrow in the middle, but this wheel has a faceplate that flips back and forth, creating twice as many animal options. In addition to the animal squares, there is a quiz square and a song square. The best improvement of all is the lever on the right side which has replaced the pull string. This is a much more user-friendly toy for a baby, since the smaller size makes it easier to hold and the lever is easier to pull and sturdier than the string was.

The See 'n Say is excruciatingly loud and screechy, and it has a tendency to land on the same sound over and over again. HRH adores the songs, which are two of the most earwormy snippets of bluegrass-juvenilia I've heard. If it weren't for the nostalgic appeal that has me so infatuated, this toy would have met an untimely end months ago.

Any baby old enough to laugh at funny pictures and sounds will enjoy watching you play with the See 'n Say for them. My daughter was able to hold this on her own at about seven months, but couldn't coordinate holding it with pulling the lever until her first birthday. At sixteen months, she began to purposefully turn the arrow to the pictures and pull the lever to hear what animal makes what sound. At two and a half, she is interested in the quiz and feels proud of herself when she identifies the animals correctly. I foresee the See 'n Say taking quite a beating and continuing to function long after I am so sick of it I wish it would break.

It's okay

We bought this for our daughter for Christmas because of fond memories of growing up and playing with our see n says. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I prefer the vintage style see...Read complete review

We bought this for our daughter for Christmas because of fond memories of growing up and playing with our see n says. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I prefer the vintage style see n' say better.

The things that I dislike about this one, is it is incredibly loud! If I had known there was no volume control and it was going to be so loud, I probably would not have purchased it (it was bought online). Also, my daughter keeps getting her finger pinched when the arrow spins. She tries to grab it, and manages to get it pinched.

I do like that the handle is easy to pull down and the songs are fun too. The game is a bit too advanced for her right now (10 months) but that means that it will take longer for her to grow out of this toy! I also like the flippy part so you can have twice as many animals to listen to. I just hope that it continues to be durable and doesn't break off.

It also seems like the new see 'n say doesn't get the animals mixed up like you could do on the old ones... (The cow says... chirp chirp) this limits confusion (and a little fun too)

I grew up with a toy just like this one!

Comments about Fisher-Price Fisher Price "The Farmer Says" See 'n' Say:

I have no idea how long this toy has been around, but the idea must be really old because I remember playing with a toy just like this one when I was a little kid. It was a hit then, and still is with the little youngsters. I swear that every household that I visit that has kids living there has one of these toys. I see them everywhere; not just in the stores. I was given one of the "Farmer Says" See 'n' Say toys for my one year old daughter a few months ago. She doesn't really pull the lever all the way down by herself yet (she gets half-way, but it doesn't make noise half-way), but she loves listening to the toy tell you what animal the picture is of and what noise each animal makes. It even sings you two different songs. It even sings Old Mac Donald Had a Farm with a different animal and sound each time it sings it. It also sings the Farmer in the Dell, but just the first verse of it. One feature I don't care about is the quiz feature. It quizzes you on which animal makes what sound and if you can find a certain animal. My daughter is too young to figure that out by herself. But it's a great educational tool for maybe a two-year old or older that knows animal names and sounds.

It doesn't match up!

Comments about Fisher-Price Fisher Price "The Farmer Says" See 'n' Say:

My children love this toy and the noise it makes! They love pulling the handle and making the arrow spin. I personally didn't like this See 'n' Say because sometimes the animal noise wouldn't match up with the animal it would land on! I don't like the fact that it can confuse my kids on what sounds animals make!

Classic toy loved by my son

from Londonderry, NH

Comments about Fisher-Price Fisher Price "The Farmer Says" See 'n' Say:

I was told that my son loves this toy at his day care so I bought him one for home. He likes it but doesn't seem to love it yet. He has so many favorite toys at home (some w/ noise, some w/o) so maybe this one just isn't on his "favorite toy" radar yet.

Great for trips

from Tiffin, OH

Comments about Fisher-Price Fisher Price "The Farmer Says" See 'n' Say:

This is such a great toy for baby's and it keeps them extremly occupied. I remember going on a really long trip and my nephew had one.. The whole entire time it kept him quiet. If he had started crying all I had to do was twist it and he would go crazy wuith laughter. Its great for kids and it helps them learn too. It is definatly worth your money.

It's the delight on her face...

from Peru, ME

Comments about Fisher-Price Fisher Price "The Farmer Says" See 'n' Say:

I have a 17 month old daughter and we have had this product for about six months. I had something like this when I was a child and loved it, and my daughter is following suit. She loves looking at the pictures of the animals and dancing to "Old McDonald". I believe that it's really helped her with relating the names of various animals to their appearance. The delight on her face when she hears the animal sounds make me well assured that this product is a good one in my book!

my kids love this

from Enoree, SC

Comments about Fisher-Price Fisher Price "The Farmer Says" See 'n' Say:

My daughter got one of these and she has a blast. She reapats the sounds, so shes learing well she is having fun. It also stands the beating of a toddler, with it getting abnged around it still works. I love this toy and i know both kids love this toy.

Fun for the whole family

from Winter Springs, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Fisher Price "The Farmer Says" See 'n' Say:

My forst daughter was given this toy and she loved it - was able to make the sounds on her own in no time. Had completely forgotten we had it after our second daughter was born but have found it and she loves it just as much. The oldest daughter is helping the other with it so they're both having fun and learning.

Very entertaining, educational and fun for the little ones.

from Chicago Ridge, IL

Comments about Fisher-Price Fisher Price "The Farmer Says" See 'n' Say:

My grandaughter loved this toy. She is very interested in all animals to begin with, but what child doesn't love animals. She goes around around making the animal sounds and pretending to be like the animal. I find it very good toy for a child role playing and also educational. I highly recommended it.

Fisher Price updates the greatest toys!

from Three Rivers, MA

Comments about Fisher-Price Fisher Price "The Farmer Says" See 'n' Say:

Fisher Price has always been a staple in my home!  The Fisher Price See n' Say toys have been in my family for as far back as I can remember.  I introduced it to my baby when she was just an infant!  She wasn't even able to use it herself and she was totally enthralled with each pull.

The toy is so very easy to use. You simply pull the lever on the side with the arrow pointing to the animal of your choice and the sound of that animal will play. This is the same toy my parents played with as infants, however it now has a more compact design as well as more animal sounds than the original. In addition to animal sounds there is an interactive quiz game and two songs that you can choose to play instead of basic animal noises.

The compact design allows this to be a portable toy. It can be easily thrown into my diaper bag and taken anywhere we go.  Now that my little one is a bit older, it keeps her busy in her car seat on our daily outings as she can now operate the toy herself.

There is no need to worry about this toys safety.  There are no small piecces to worry about and the battery is secluded by a covered screw-on panel that's impossible for any child to remove.  it uses two AA batteries that have lastest daily use for more than a year now!

I would most definitely recommend this toy to any [parent][1] with young children. I would even purchase this as a baby shower gift. Every baby needs a See n' Say to call their very own!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Fisher-Price-The-Farmer-Says-See-n-Say-review-d9e13

Fun learning toy

from Fremont, NE

Comments about Fisher-Price Fisher Price "The Farmer Says" See 'n' Say:

My children really enjoy their Fisher Price "See N Say"! I really enjoy how you can take the spinner in the middle, point it at the animal you want to hear about and then pull the trigger. Fisher Price has also taken the See N Say and put in two different sections of animals. You can "flip" the circle and it will show you some additional animals to learn about. Fisher Price is a great company that really produces some quality toys. The handle is very well made. Even after many pulls it is still sturdy and going strong. They are including some quality important animals. You have your traditional cow, cat, dog, chicken and sheep. I love being able to play this toy and watch my daughter try to mimick the some of the animals. When you have a small child they may have a hard time pulling the handle and could possibly need your assistance to get the toy to work. I remember playing with this toy when I was younger so it is fun seeing my children play with it.