Other Baby Gyms & Playmats:
Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym

Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym

Pros

Cons

Nap time is easy time with the Fisher Price Rainforest.

I am not a new mum, but I am on my way to becoming a new grand-mum. Some time ago my daughter left the nest and is starting a new life with hubby. Sure I went through the empty nest syndrome but with the new baby on the way I have found something to distract me. I have decided to turn her old bedroom into a nursery for the new arrival and am painting, remodelling and filling the room with all the magical things that will make it look like Fairyland for my grand daughter. Fisher Price has been around for ages and I trust their products. When my daughter was a wee thing this is the name brand that I trusted with her and it will be the brand that I trust with my new grand baby.The Fisher Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights is one amongst quite a few of the activity toys that I have purchased for her. You really have to see this thing, it has all of the eye catching little creatures to keep baby busy for a long time. I actually got on the floor and stuck my head in the middle of this activity set in order to get a birds eye view of what my grand baby will see from her angle. At the very top of the gym is a button where you can turn on all of the soothing nature sounds.There is a cozy little quilt that acts as the pallet for baby to rest her tiny little body on. You have lights and colorful little butterflys hanging from the ceiling just within baby's touch. And there's a plush little garaff on one corner of the quilt that holds a mirror for baby to peek at herself. Monkeys, birds and other fun little plush animals are within reach so that baby can excersize those little arms by reaching.This is a kid friendly toy, very safely made so as not to give baby anything to swallow and very soft so baby won't scratch herself.I must get out of her room now before I wear her toy out before she has a chance to play with it. Baby sitting is really going to be fun this year.....LOL

Expensive toy that was barely played with

The Fisher-Price Rainforest Deluxe Gym is the most expensive toy I have ever purchased for my children while they were babies. The gym itself is visually pretty, but its huge and cumbersome to put together. The gym does not collapse. It folds up, but takes up a lot of space even when folded. If I had to guess, I would say that both my children collectively used the gym for less than six months total. By the time they were old and strong enough to hold their heads up and roll, they were busy rolling *away* from the Rainforest Deluxe Gym. In my opinion, there is way too much going on with this gym. There are lights, music, different hanging animals, a mirror and different textured fabrics, all within inches of your baby's face. I usually had to remove most of the hanging toys so that it wouldn't be visually overwhelming. If you receive the baby gym as a gift, then its an ok baby item, but definitely not a must-have. If you are considering spending money to buy it yourself, then I highly suggest purchasing a cheaper type with a lot less distractions attached. Or you could simply have tummy time on a blanket on the floor.

Must Have

from Fort Lauderdale Fl

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Easy to Assemble
  • Easy to Clean
  • Entertaining
  • Grows With Baby
  • Holds Baby's Attention
  • Promotes Sensory Development
  • Visually Stimulating

Cons

• None

• Crawlers
  • Infants
  • Playtime
  • Tummy Time

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym:

This Has to be the best playmat ever My son had this when he was a baby. Great for tummy time and fun play time also good for learning

Babies love this pattern

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym:

One of the most entertaining mats around. My son loved all the colors and soft animals. The lights turn on and off to entertain them and the music is soothing and not overstimulating. Great product for tummy time too with the printed mat. The silky board is a lovely touch for sensory too.

Quality Play Gym

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym:

First, I have to say that I am a big believer in the importance of having a play gym. I bought this one before my first son was born almost four years ago. I felt it was a great buy when by his two week appointment the doctor told us that we should have him on a play gym to encourage him to develop new skills. That night he used it for the first time and by two months he was able to roll over. I like this play gym and it held up fairly well for my first two kids, although with frequent use by them and their cousins I did end up replacing it this year when my third child was born, but I bought a different brand and these are the reasons. My first issue is the toys and their placement. When I first put my two week old on it, he couldn't reach a single toy. I feel like part of the problem is the rings are too high up, but also that the toys are too small. I quickly replaced them with larger toys. My other issue is that once you put it together you can't take it apart and it doesn't get any smaller. You can twist it so it lies flatter, but it still just takes up a lot of space. I think four years ago when I bought this, it was definitely one of the best on the market, but it hasn't improved since then and there are now better products available.

Pain in the you know what

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym:

Yes, the rainforest gym is cute, it has a lot of things to grab a baby's attention. I love all the attatchable toys, and I love that it plays music. But the thing is not easy to put together. I can never get mine to stand up straight. If you have stored it at all, it gets twisted, and will not stand up properly. And the music will only play if it's actually been tapped. My son has never actually been able to play in it.

Amazing!

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym:

The fisher price rainforest melodies and lights deluxe gym is worth the price! My baby loves this play gym! Her big brother loves it too, he is three! He gets under it and plays with her. The moving mobile at the top is my favorite part, so pretty and just entrances a little baby. It was not a priority for me but if you want it is nice that fisher price has many items that match. Baby items do tend to take over the house... :) At least they can match if that is something you want.
The mobile is my favorite feature but the mirror is my baby's favorite. She loves looking at herself in it. So cute! It is also very nice that some toys detach. I can take her favorite toys with us when we go out or even just around the house. The mat is nicely padded too. I have hard wood floors. The pad is soft enough to protect her. I did put a quilt under it when she was still learning to hold her head & sit up. I wanted a little extra protection for when she fell but I have no complaints over the thickness of the pad!

Fantastic

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym:

We received this as a gift at our baby shower and my son loves it. There is so much for him to do and look at that he never wants to leave. He will play and play until he falls asleep. Awesome fun for baby. There is lots for them to chew on, make move, make noises, and it is bright and colorful for them to look at.

Awesome play mat!

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym:

Both of my children have loved playing on this play mat. It provides fun and interesting perspective for children as they reach various milestones. It lights up and plays music. It also allows you to wash the mat which I love because as a mom I know how important it is to keep things clean for my babies.

3 Kids give 6 thumbs up

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym:

Great play mat! The music lasts for a while, and the lights and toys are entertaining. We've used this through three children, and it's been great. For tummy time, you can take the arches off, and the leaves and tail on the mat also entertain. It's easy to wash as well.

hours of stimulation

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym:

We are really happy with this product. Our daughter is entertained by it for good amounts of time, and it is pretty high quality. It encourages kids to explore and play with new things, and there are lots of things to stimulate the senses. It is also still in great shape after a long time of use, which is great.

Cute & Easy to clean

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym:

This play gym is cute, gender neutral and very easy to clean, store and transport. There are lights in the top to encourage children to do tummy time and try to roll over to strengthen their neck mussels and core mussels. And the hanging toys encourage the babies to reach. Most of the toys come off for easy cleaning and the mat removes easily for cleaning in the washer/dryer.