Other High Chairs:

Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair K2927 / W3066

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Has great features and from a great named company

I am a mother to 6 children and have had many highchairs in the past for my older children and this one has a lot of the features I wish I had then. The Fisher-Price Rain Forest High chair is awesome. I like how it is easy to remove the harness system for easy cleaning as that is one of the things that gets the so dirty on highchairs with babies. This chair also comes with a teether tiger toy, A removable tray that is dishwasher safe, a snap on toy that is also useable without the high chair too. Its not to heavy and easily to move around as it is one wheels that are also lockable. This highchair is a great product for the price and I love how easy it is to clean. The only thing I wish it came with that my older fisher price high chair came with is more then one snap on tray and baby food holder on its side for parents

Fisher Price will not release safety information!

We were given the Fisher Price Rainforest Healthy Chair High chair for our daughter. I called them recently to be sure that it was BPA free, Phalate free and PVC free. They WILL NOT release the information and continue to give the same pat answer. This is leading me to believe that it's unsafe for our children, putting them at risk, and I believe that all consumers should know this about Fisher Price. I called Evenflo and Chicco and they were happy to provide me with honest answers. I urge people to demand more from Fisher Price, or simply not purchase their products.

Fisher Price rainforest high chair

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair K2927 / W3066:

When my son was about six months old and started to venture into eating baby foods we purchased the Fisher Price Rainforest healthy care high chair! We loved the rainforest print on it because it matched the other products we had in this line with the same rainforest design. The colors are very bright and cute!
My son loved the detachable tray toy! It was perfect for entertaining him while I got his food ready and he couldn't pick it up to throw it off because it attached well.
I love this high chair because it's easy to use when I was getting him in and out of the high chair. I also liked the wheels on it made it easy to move the high chair around and the wheels locked to stay in place.
This high chair is also very durable. It lasted me throughout my sons high chair days without breaking.
My only complaint would be I wish this high chair was easier to clean. My son is a very messy eater and would have food everywhere on this chair and it would get into all the creases of this chair and was not easy to clean out.
Overall it was a great high chair although it has been discontinued.

• Safety:

Healthy Care highchair is cute and does its job

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair K2927 / W3066:

I registered for the Fisher Price Healthy Care highchair and received it as a gift. I love it! Like all Fisher Price products I have used, it is very well made, well priced, and long lasting!  It seems comfy for my child and has nice recline options for younger babies. The straps hold the child in well and are easy enough to use. I love the easy to remove tray and the tray insert. The tray insert does NOT fit in my dishwasher, which is a shame. It would be so much easier if I could pop this into the dishwasher for easier cleaning! This could just be my dishwasher, though...  I would also love an extra insert, too. The other thing I wish it had was wheels on the bottom, but this isn't too much of an inconvience for me. Overall, though, it is a nice highchair. The chair pad is cute and wipes clean. Even after a few years of heavy use, my chair still looks brand new and will most likely last beyond my kids' use. It will be perfect to hand down to a lucky cousin or friend!

Sturdiness
LOVED this! Never had to worry about their safety in this chair!

Held up so well!

cute chair

Safety
baby is very safe and secure!

Only regret is that the removable tray didn't fit in my dishwasher!

• Safety:

Sturdy, easy to use high chair

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair K2927 / W3066:

For a full-size high chair, this is a pretty solid one.  My daughter's liked the bright colors and animals on the seat back.  It was nice to have the extra chair-back insert for when she was really tiny and needed some more support sitting to eat.  Glad that was washable because it got dirty often.  The chair back itself wipes clean easily, and the tray & detachable insert wipe easily as well.  The rest of the chair isn't quite as simple to clean.  Lots of nooks and crannies for food to get caught in.

The tray is easy to remove/put on one-handed, which is great.  However, the tray insert is kind of useless to me, since the cupholders have been too small for any of the sippy cups we've owned, and it seems to make stuff easier to knock over.  Main tray is so much better.  The chair itself is pretty stable and solid; I don't worry about it tipping.  The buckles are easy to use and adjust.

The extra toys:  My daughter personally didn't like playing with the tree in the high chair, but loves it separately just playing with it on the floor.  The tiger teether attachment was of no interest to her, and just seemed to get in the way.

• Safety:

Love this Fisher-Price highchair!

from Denver, CO

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair K2927 / W3066:

Loving this high chair! We appreciate that the seat is waterproof--a MUST in a high chair! The tray is also easy to put on and take off. It comes with two cute little tray toys, which is nice to keep baby entertained so that you can actually attempt to eat your dinner while baby is at the table :). I like that the whole thing folds down pretty well. We used it for a while with our first, and it is in such good shape that we are using it again for our second. I also like the wheel locks, and that there are wheels on the chair to move it around with ease. It's great, it reclines also a little bit for your wee young ones starting on rice cereal who can't sit up for too long without toppling over.

I wanted to originally purchase a less expensive high chair, but this one has been so worth the money. It's lasted through two kids and will seriously last through at least two more. It folds down compactly for easy storage, it cleans well, it's great!

The dishwasher-safe try is nice, but it takes up a lot of space in the dishwasher.

Great buy

from Houston, TX

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair K2927 / W3066:

I love rainforest, lots of my baby's gadget are rainforest theme. bright color. I started using it when she was 4 months old, the recline position is so comfortable for he coz she isn't sitting very well. easy to adjust, easy to move around. My daughter love the toy it came with, music and light. When I prepare for the food, she will sit there play with the toy for about 30 mins and she is very happy with all kinds of fun. The feeding tray is easy to move and easy to clean. The seat cover is easy to clean also. My daughter is petite, the size of seat is conformt for her. But I do have a friend visiting us and her son doesn't seems to sit very well in this highchair, maybe a little more space will be good for his size.

Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair TAKES UP SPACE

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair K2927 / W3066:

I have two kids, from my past experiences, I would not purchase this high chair again. This a great high chair. It's easy to clean. It seems very safe. It's definitely solid and sturdy even when with a strapped-in screaming 36 month year-old who is struggling, kicking, and shaking themselves out. But it's not as convenient as the ikea high chair which is the other high chair I own. However that same 36 month year-old will easily and quickly escape out of, even when strapped-in. The ikea high chair was also much cheaper, but at the same time, I never saw my kid standing up in the seat of the high chair. So it's a give and take. The biggest issue with this high chair is space. It takes up alot of it in the kitchen even when it folded in. When in use, it basically takes up its own region in the kitchen.

Fantastic Highchair

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair K2927 / W3066:

I bought this highchair for my son and he loves it. I fell in love with the Fisher Price highchairs when I had my first child almost nine years ago and I would not buy another brand. This chair is easy to use has straps that will definitly keep your child in place and has the bar in between the legs so that your child does not sink out of the highchair. I like that you can adjust the height of the chair and that you can tilt the seat if need be (not that I have ever used that feature). The removable tray insert is really nice too. It is nice that instead of always having to put the whole tray into the sink to wash and have water get inside the tray to make a mess later when drying you can just put the tray insert in the sink or better yet the dishwasher. If you want an extra insert you can also easily order another from the Fisher price website. I like the bright colors of this highchair and the headrest is nice when your baby is smaller. My son loves the toys that come with this chair. I can put him in the chair and connect the toy and he will play for over an hour and I don't have to worry about the toy falling off the tray or my son throwing it. This highchair is great and I wouldn't have any other brand.

Fisher Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair is easy to clean

from Kalamazoo, MI

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair K2927 / W3066:

Our daughter started using this as soon as she was starting her solids at 6 months. She is now 15 months old and still using this on the same height level setting. (not a very big toddler, obviously)

The chair is easy to clean and easy to adjust. Food gets everywhere with little one throwing everything and trying to use utensils. You just need to wipe it down clean once the meal is done. The chair itself is easy to wipe down but there's a headrest/pillow for smaller kids--and that's made of fabric. You can throw them in the wash along with the straps. Top tray is dishwasher safe.

We've taken the toy out and she plays with it on its own. You can hang the toy on the back of the chair, but we found that it took up too much space. She enjoys the toy (batter operated). We wish there was a tray storage!!

Apparently this high chair was part of the recalls Fisher Price had. We wanted to make sure it was safe so we requested a retrofit safety kit. Even though our part number matched the recalled items, I didn't see how the pegs in the back of the chair could've hurt the baby--so it must be some kind of an error. The kit doesn't fit the legs and the pegs are safely enclosed in blunt plastic so the baby wouldn't trip and fall on it and get lacerations. All in all, we are pleased with this high chair.

good high chair

from Lawrenceville, NJ

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair K2927 / W3066:

We purchased this one for our first kin in 2008. It is quite easy to put together. The fabric of the seat cover doesn't trap food, and it can be cleaned with a moist paper towel. Tray is dish-washable.Size is large and easy to put on and remove. If the food trapped under the seat cover - assuming that happens on every chair, it's nice that it's easy to remove the cover. This highchair has a cute look and came in with a toy that can be installed easily on the tray. This help to attract baby's attension for a while when we are busying making food. The high chair has multiple hight levels which is a really cool function to adjust it to different tables. One problem with this product is that it is not very spacial. Our boy has very chubby legs and soon after he turned 10 months, it is quite tight to fit him in. And it was obvious that he does not want to squeezed in. We took off the seat cover to leave a bit more room for him. This is the only problem we have so far.

Does the Job, Nothing Fancy

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair K2927 / W3066:

My wife and I got this as a hand-me-down, so it wasn't our original choice.  We would have gone with something a little more suddle in pattern that matched our home decor a little more.  This was free, so we didn't feel it was necessary to turn it down in order to find something we liked more style-wise.  The real drawback to this high chair is that its loud.  Since your child will be sitting in it, its not like they see the material behind them, so it provides no real benefit.

I will say this chair is easy to use.  Its easy to raise it up and down to various heights.  Its also not too difficult to clean as the material does not allow food/drink to soak in.  You need to wash by hand however, as machine washing will quickly fade the colors (might not be a bad thing).

It comes with a nice safety restraint over the shoulder belt which is handy, because a child can knock the tray off from underneath on rare occasions.

I'd recommend this if you can get a deal on it.  I'd splurge on baby products in other areas than high chairs.