View more baby swings

3.8

Pros

Cons

My Son LOVED This Swing!

I receieved the Fisher Price Take Along Ranforest Swing as a gift for my first child.

My son LOVED this swing.  He slept in it for the first 3...Read complete review

My son LOVED this swing.  He slept in it for the first 3 mos.  I worried that being used to the motion would make it hard for him to transition but he didn't have a problem.  He slept through the night very quickly and part of it was probably just his temperment but the swing sure didn't hurt.

Since we used this constantly until he was too big for it (and after) I know the thing inside out.  It is easy to clean, you just have to take off the fabric part and toss it into the washer.  It is easy to fold up and bring places.  It is balanced well and light weight.

It does eat through batteries, but we bought rechargables and had no problem.

The different settings are kind of pointless but nice to have.  They really aren't that different from each other.

It holds up to abuse very well.  I would know, because after my second son was born, we brought it out again and my first son STILL loved it... but he was 2 years old.  He started constantly swinging in it again.  At first I tried to stop him but soon saw it was not worth the constant battle, so I let him have at it.  It stood up pretty well to a 2-year-old swinging as hard as he could in it... for awhile.  Eventually it did break, but he was way over the weight limit and treating it as roughly as you can imagine.

The little animals on the top do tend to fall out.  Both my sons liked looking at them, so it was kind of annoying to have them fall out but at least they were popular.

bump goes the babies head

We bought the whole Rain Forest line for our newborn and thought the products would be great.  I was so horrified when I put my swaddled newborn in the swing and saw her slowly slide to the left side and almost hit her head on the side bar.  We stopped using the swing and assumed she would do much better when she had head control.  Fast forward a few months, I put my 4 month old into the swing and she seemed fine at first.  After just a few minutes, she leaned forward and ended up slumped over towards her feet.  She was rolled into a ball and stuck.  Thank goodness I had stayed in the same room and had only looked away for a few seconds.  The safety belt on the seat did nothing for her and allowed her to lean forward enough to get into an unsafe position.  Again, we stopped using the swing and thought she wasn't ready for it.  Two more months later, I put my six month old into the seat and she again seemed fine at first.  She then leaned to the left again and bumped her head on the side bar of the swing.  Needless to say, no more Rain Forest swing for us!!!  Fisher Price could greatly improve this product by adding shoulder straps so that the infants don't slide to the left, right, or forward.

Update:  After having a new baby, I pulled out the swing and did a little research online. I found that a different lot # of this swing had been recalled a few years ago, so I contacted Fisher Price to tell them of my experience and ask if this one was also recalled.  It was not recalled, but they had me ship it to them and they refunded my purchase price.  Awesome customer service!!!

cute and portable

from Athens, TN

Comments about Fisher-Price Rain Forest Take-Along Swing:

I bought this swing for my baby girl and actually got a second one at my baby shower.. I wound up giving the other to my mom for when we would visit her. I have to say this is a very impresive swing. It is light weight and when you are carrying a 15 pound baby from room to room it really helps. I loved the music and sounds that it makes, not very annoying at all. It is adorable and small and the design is also great for people who dont have alot of room like and I love the little mobile even though it does not move like one it atleast kept my daughter entertained. and it helped when she started getting fussy , all I had to do was sit her in it and turn it on and she would fall asleep in no time. I would recomend this swing to anyone who s expecting a baby or has a newborn or fussy infant... the only down side to this swing is that it takes alot of batteries, so if you are gonna buy one rechargable batteries are a must!

• Features:

Great Portable Little Swing For Your Baby!

from Denver, CO

Comments about Fisher-Price Rain Forest Take-Along Swing:

We have both a full sized swing, and this Fisher-Price Rain Forest Take-Along Swing for when we are traveling. While my son does prefer the larger swing (The my little lamb cradle 'n swing), this portable swing is perfect for smaller rooms or as a travel swing. It has 5 different swing speeds, and it plays music with 2 different sound level options. I also really like that you can easily take the cover off and throw it in the wash when needed. This is battery operated, and it takes 4 C batteries so make sure to have back-ups on hand or have some rechargeable batteries. This is a great option for parents, just depending on your available space and how you will use it.

Fisher Price Take Along Swing is great if you have little room

from Harrisburg, PA

Comments about Fisher-Price Rain Forest Take-Along Swing:

We purchased the Fisher Price Rainforest Open-Top Take Along Swing because we have a very small living room and knew we wouldn't have room for a full-size swing. We had seen good reviews of this swing, so this is the one we chose.

I like the fact that this product is battery-operated. It is a very small swing that really only works with newborns and young infants, but it worked well for us. Our son didn't particularly like the swing, but it was a good place for him to sleep.

Now that I have seen how much some babies like the full size swings, I think it may have been worth it for us to have one of those, but since we didn't know the difference, it worked for us.

One negative about this product was that once the batteries began to run down at all, you had to turn the swing up MUCH higher to make it swing as much as you wanted. I like the music, but the same three or four songs play over and over, which can get a little annoying, so we usually used it without the music. We also like the little palm leaf with the bird that hangs down for the baby to look at while swinging. Overall, it's a good product for traveling and for small spaces.

Fisher Price is still the leader in Baby Swings

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Fisher-Price Rain Forest Take-Along Swing:

Baby swings are the perfect thing to soothe the new baby and the Fisher Price Take Along Sings is the perfect swing to cradle and entertain baby. I had a Fisher Price swing for my own children and while they were great, these new ones are by far much better.  I just gave my granddaughter this swing for her new baby and she loves it. The Fisher Price Take along Swing  is not only easy and convenient but colorful and eyecathing.  It is easy to move around and folds conveniently. The toy bars and mobiles are eye catching and quite entertaining for the baby. The lights and sounds are pleasant sounding and make this swing perfect for entertaining the baby as well as  playing a part in the baby's developement. The Fisher Price baby swings is a convenience they don't want to do without. Fisher price has won its share of awards in the past. JPMA Juvenile Products Manufacturer's Association  is an organization dedicated to enhancing children's procucts safety and Fisher Price bouncers , swings and have been voted products parents can't do without. This is a perfect gift for baby as well as mom and dad.

A Wonderful Baby Shower Gift

Comments about Fisher-Price Rain Forest Take-Along Swing:

I got this as a baby shower gift when I was pregnant with my daughter. She loved swinging in it when she couldn't be in her daddy's arms. I love how easy it was for me to put it together. My mom and her friend couldn't figure out how to put it together even with the insulation book. I then turn around and used it for my son until he got over 20lbs. Now I have given to a neighbor that is expecting his first great grand child.

The Fisher Price Take Along Swing is a must have

from American Canyon, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Rain Forest Take-Along Swing:

Our kids love to relax in a swing and since we travel alot to grandparents homes this swing has been a wonderful addition to our supply of baby gear. This swing does require batteries to run, however it doesn't seem to go through them too fast like our other swing. The swing is brightly colored and has little toys that hang above the swing. My daughter loves to watch the toys as she swings back and forth. The swing colapses easily and fits well into the back of our car. It is somewhat awkward to carry though. I do wish that there was some sort of lock on the swing when it is collapsed so that the swing will not move with trying to carry it and lift it into the car. Despite these few complaints I would recommend this travel swing to my friends.

Fisher Price Swing

from White City, OR

Comments about Fisher-Price Rain Forest Take-Along Swing:

I have 4 children and this is the first time I have used this type of swing. I always used the tall, wind up swings in the past. This swing was given to us at our baby shower and we loved it. The colors are beautiful and bright with a rainforest theme. There is a mobile that can be moved out of the way to get baby in and out easier, or removed completely. The swing moves smoothly back and forth and is battery operated. I thought that the batteries would have to be replaced often but this was not the case. There was relaxing music that could be turned on or off seperately from the swinging switch. My daughter was 9 lbs at birth and we used the swing until she was trying to crawl out of it at about 3 1/2 months, at that point she didn't need to be in the swing anymore anyways as she needed floor time and social interactions. The cute toys that hung from the mobile encouraged her to reach out and use her arms which helped her muscles develop. A great product!

not something i would recommend!!!

from Laconia, NH

Comments about Fisher-Price Rain Forest Take-Along Swing:

I got one of this acctually months before my baby was born , it was a pretty good sale so i decided to go ahead and get one and take advantage of the deal!!! Big mistake , mostly because , not having my baby yet i couldn't try it right away and return it like i would have done!!! By the time my baby was born , i didn't have my receipt anymore and i'm sure it was over the time limit for returns! Maybe it was just the one i had , but the swing just wouldn't work most of the time , the batteries were fine , i would have to push it to make it start moving and it would keep going but much slower then i belive it should!!! One good thing about it was that it had a cute design! They say it a portable swing cause you can colapse it , but really , its still to big to tug around! I never did! luckily my baby was more of a vibrating chair kind of baby and didn't miss a swing! also i hated the seat belt , it was too low in my opinion , i was afraid the baby will manage to fall out!

FP Rain Forest Take Along Swing is JUNK!!

from Lynchburg, VA

Comments about Fisher-Price Rain Forest Take-Along Swing:

I am far from impressed with this swing! I love the Fisher Price brand, but I don't know what went wrong with their swings! We own a full size and a travel swing, both made my Fisher Price, and they are both awful!! This poor little take along swing cannot move the weight of my 15 pound baby! If you turn it on while it is empty, it swings perfectly. As soon as you strap the baby in, however, it stops and even with a little push it will not swing again!! The music is fabulously entertaining. My baby also rather enjoys the little mobile like leaf canopy. The leaf canopy conveniently blocks light from the baby's eyes, but it also collects dust rather easy and it is difficult to clean. The only really positive thing about this swing is that it folds for easy storage and travel. Not a good swing!!!

This swing is great!

from Midlothian, VA

Comments about Fisher-Price Rain Forest Take-Along Swing:

I purchased this swing over 2 years ago for my son and it was a great buy! It lasted many nights of swinging him to sleep and is still going strong and ready to be used for my new son on the way soon. I did a lot of research before buying this swing, and it has lived up to all of my expectations. I love that it is nice and small, very easy to travel with! It folds up very compactly and will fit easily into a small space to store for travel or just to put away out of sight. It has multiple settings for speed, and does not require help to get started like many other swings eventually do. As my son got a little bigger, the swing did not go as fast, but it was because of his weight not the swing itself. Over all, I would highly recommend this to anyone with a newborn who loves to swing!