4.1
J2457
Fisher-Price Private Connection Monitor with Dual Receivers, Grey

Fisher-Price Private Connection Monitor with Dual Receivers, Grey

4.1

Awesome Fisher Price Dual Baby Monitors!

We got this set of fisher price dual recievers baby monitors with my last baby boy Ethan. I really didnt have any particular brand I was loking for because i hadnt actually had time to reaaly research the different types of monitors avaliable at that time before I came accross this set brand new in original box in a local thrift store in my town for a very very reasonable price and they were still brand new in the box! I really didnt care if they were the top of the line or had all the newest features because as long as they worked and would give me a sign from in another seperate room from y baby, that the baby was awake that was all I really needed a baby monitor for. All of the monitors I had ever seen were pretty much basically all the same- a reciever that had lots of static and you could hear your baby cry if it woke up. Thats all I thought a monitor was suppose to be.

But after finding these at such a good price regardless of how good they worked, as long as they powered on and worked at all I had got a great deal. Once Ethan was born and we began using the monitors I realize the high quality that they were made of. They came with 2 monitors instead of just one so I didnt constantly have to tote the 1 monitor around everywhere I went. I could put 1 in the living room and the other outside on the deck and always be able to hear him make a sound without ever having to move the monitors and the monitors had very little static unless u tried to take the monitors way out in the field but the range and the reception was unbeliveable! He could just barely twitch in his bed and u could hear the lite crinkle of his diaper and the lights were awesome espeially if u are like me and every little twitch or tummy rumble your baby made would wake u up causing you to be awake half the time unnecessary because the noise of his leg moving would wake u up. The lights allowed you to turn the volume down so that noises like rolling from side to side or little dream grunts wouldnt cause you to jump straight outta bed for nothing but to continue watching your baby get his beautyrest because the lights would cover more area of the moitor the louder the noise so you could adjust the volume so that only the babys awake crys would wake up up  and not the dream coos. I rested so good with these monitors and and never had to worry that I wuldnt hear my little angel. And they are awesome quality, my son is now 4 yrs old and we still have the monitors working just like brand new. The are very handy now for times that hes taking a nap or watching a movie and I can actually go weed my flower bed or whatever and hear every time he gets up or makes a move so I know if hes consumed by the movie hes watching or if he doesnt care for it and has decided to play instead. these are wonderful monitors for babies, preschoolers, and me and my husband have even used them as communication between us while Im inside and hes in his workshop. I can let him know when I have dinner ready or need his help with something without having to go across the yard to get him! Wonderful Devices! Worth 10 times what I paid for them! A++ Absolutely!

Pricey but it's been reliable so far.

This item was little pricey for our taste, but I liked the features this one has.  Being able to change the channel is nice, but I really don't know if it's helps with anything.  I really like the 'lights for sound' feature, just for those times I 'think' I heard a cry.  I also like the dual receiver because then I can alternate with one on the charger and the other is free to roam.  Having the two receivers has definitely come in handy more than once.

Great monitor, great price!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Fisher-Price Private Connection Monitor with Dual Receivers, Grey:

When we searched for a baby monitor, I wanted one that was realible, had lights and sound, and had rechargable batteries. A bonus would have been two recievers. I wanted to put one in our bed room, and one in our living space so I could hear my son anywhere in the house. I was so happy to have found all of my must haves and my want in the Fisher-Price Private Connection Monitor with Dual Recievers. We love this monitor system. The reception, although sometimes staticy, is great. I works next door and around the whole yard, making it easy to do things around the house, inside and out, without fear of not being able to hear my son. I love that there are lights so that when I think I heard crying, I can see it easily with the lights. The Fisher-Price Private Connection Monitor with Dual Recievers is great for anyone who wants the ease of two monitors to cover a bigger living space. Multiple channel choices was another big plus, especially since several of our neighboors have the same monitor. The Fisher-Price Private Connection Monitor with Dual Recievers would be a perfect gift for any new mom!

• Sound/Video Clarity:
  • Interference:
  • Portability:

Bought new batteries rather than buying a different monitor!

from Springfield, MO

I registered for the **Fisher-Price Private Connection Monitor with Dual Recievers **five years ago when I was expecting my first baby.  I didn't really know what I was looking for, so my husband did a little research to find one that wouldn't interfere with various wireless connections like cordless phones.  We have a large home and were just scared to death that we would be able to hear the baby crying, so at first the monitor went with us everywhere.  It picks up every little sound, so if you're one that wants to hear your baby breathing, you could probably hear it with this monitor when it is turned up all the way.  We eventually relaxed away from being so protective, but we still wanted to be able to hear him, so we turned the volume down almost all the way.  You can still hear just fine when the crying starts.  Ultimately we would just set the monitor where we could see it, and the red lights will indicate when there's a sounds.  And you'll learn to recognize what the lights look like when there's crying.  we have never had any problems with the monitor interefering with phone connection or picking up conversations of the neighbors.  And it works from a long ways off--sometimes I'll have it in the yard with me while I'm working and it works just fine.  When the batteries finally went kaput (after 3 years of almost constant use), we tried to buy more.  They aren't available for sale.  Rather than purchasing a different model that we might not like as much, we actually went to a battery store in town and had them build a battery for the thing!

• Sound/Video Clarity:
  • Interference:
  • Portability:

never again

from Cincinnati, OH

We got this as a baby shower gift and thought it was just what we wanted.  The Fisher Price Private Connection Monitor with Dual Recievers, had two receivers wo we were able to put one in our room and one in the livingroom.  We tried to use batteries in it at 1st, but they died after two days.  After about a month of using them, they both became soooo staticy and we were unable to hear our child.  I tried switching channels but nothing seemed to work.  We ended up having to buy a different monitor, so this ended up being a waste of money.  I would not recommend!!!

My brother and sister-in-law also have these monitors.  Although they have not had to buy another one yet, they were using them for about 6 months when one of the Fisher Price Private Connection Monitor with Dual Recievers, receivers stopped working all together.  The other one sounds like there is something rattling around in it all the time.  I am betting that it won't be long before they replace them.

Fischer-Price Connection Monitor

from Schenectady, NY

I have to admit that when my husband and I set up our baby registry, we were a little overwhelmed at all of the options when it came to monitors. We needed one that wasn't so high-tech and also affordable. Although this monitor is both that, not so high-tech and affordable, I have to admit that I think we got what we paid for. We set the monitor up just as directed one night. Needless to say, it didn't last but 15 minutes. The house was silent but the monitor was picking up a radio station. And even if I turned the volume all the way down (inevitably defeating the purpose of a monitor) you could still hear the radio station. To say it was annoying, was an understatement. In the months to follow, we only used the monitor a handfull of times and defintely only during the day. I was really disappointed in this monitor and felt like it was a waste of money. If I could've, I probably would've returned it. My advice would be to invest in one more high-tech.

Awesome Fisher Price Dual Baby Monitors!

from Anderson, SC

3 Years and still going strong

from Richmond, VA

We got this monitor when we had our first baby and have been using it every since for over 3 years.  We have never had a problem with interference and while it may not be fancy it has never disapointed us.  We even take it outside with us and are still in range.  I love the lights on it too so even if the sound is turned down you can tell if the baby is just babbling or really crying.  We keep one monitor upstairs for the bedroom and one downstairs so we aren't always carrying them back and forth.

Great baby monitor

from Irvine, CA

We have been using the Fisher-Price Private Connection monitor for over 3 years now and have yet to have a problem with it.  It was a little pricier than some of the other monitors we looked at, but we have definitely gotten our money's worth out of it.  There are about 10 different channels you can use if you get any interference on one, but I found that for the most part, I didn't have any interference issues and could keep it on the same channel.  Even in a small house I found it very helpful to have 2 receivers, which allowed me to keep one plugged in near my bed and another out in our living area instead of having to constantly move a receiver back and forth.  I also found the lights helpful for times when I wanted to monitor a fussing baby without having to necessarily hear it loud and clear. :)  My in-laws borrow our monitor for other grandkids, as the monitors that their parents have don't seem to work in their house, but our monitor has no problems.  I'd definitely buy this one again!

You won't find a more reliable monitor!

from Knoxville, TN

You won't find a more reliable monitor than the Fisher Price Private Connection Monitor with Dual Receivers.  I have used this product every day for three years and it works as well as the day I bought it.  The reception is clear and I have never had neighbor interference.  The lights for sound feature is great for times that you think you heard something but weren't sure.  For example, when I'm in the shower, I can just stick my head out and see the monitor and tell if my child is crying.  This is a great feature when you're a new parent and are constantly sure that your child made a noise!  The dual receivers are great, especially if you want to keep one on each floor of your house.  The range of the monitors is also a plus.  We were able to use ours outside with no problems.  Another feature that I like is that the receivers beep continually if reception is lost, such as during a power outage or when your toddler changes the station on the monitor base.  Because of that, I always know I am getting a signal.  The batteries don't stay charged for very long--I would say 4-5 hours or so, but with two receivers, you don't have to move them around a lot.  We just kept ours plugged up all the time.  For convenience, we just keep our monitor on all day long, and after three straight years of use, it's still going strong.  Yes, there are pricier models out there with other features, but if I had to buy another, I would still pick the Fisher Price Private Connection.

Good for the money but experienced static.

from Annapolis, MD

I recieved this monitor before the birth of my first child.  I didn't really review any monitors but I wanted one that had 2 recievers for convenience.  I also didn't see the need to spend a lot of money for a baby monitor and this one fit those 2 qualifications.

This was a very good monitor for the price.  It was pretty clear and I loved the fact that it had an infinitly adjustable volume control.  I could turn it down low enough that I would only hear if they were loud or crying.  I enjoyed that since I didn't need to get up for every little noise.  Occasionally I would turn it up louder and I could hear him breathing!  This made it easier as a first time parent because instead of going into the room and risking waking the baby I could simply turn up the monitor and hear the breaths.  I used this monitor for 3 years and it worked great.

The 2 recievers meant that I could keep one in our room and one downstairs or in the living room so I didn't have to constantly move it or plug it back in in our room.  The battery life on them was also pretty good, fully charged it would last 2 or 3 nights.  I started just leaving it plugged in because when I would forget it would beep in the middle of the night waking me up.  That was not a product flaw, that was my own.

On occasion I would experience some interference but it wasn't very often.  After we moved the interference was terrible and I would be woken up 3-4 nights a week by it!  I don't know if we live by something that causes it or if it's because of it's age but I couldn't take it anymore.  I did end up getting a new monitor before my daughter was born.

For the price you pay this is a very good monitor but beware you may have some interference.  Very durable monitor however!

Not the fanciest model, but it gets the job done.

from Waukegan, IL

Pros

Cons

My husband picked out the **Fisher-Price Private Connection Monitor with Dual Recievers **four years ago when our oldest was born.  We have used it pretty regularly since then, now with our third child.

The feature that I most like about this model is that it has two receivers.  I keep one on my nightstand.  It allows me to hear the baby as she starts to wake up, rather than waiting for full on crying.  It's easier on me to wake up slowly with her, than to jump out of bed all of a sudden.  The other receiver we keep downstairs in the family room so we can hear her when the older kids are playing, or while we watch TV in the evening.  The base unit picks up sounds well enough that we can also hear the boys in the next room over if one of them wakes up.

There are a few downsides to this monitor.  I have found that over time the batteries didn't charge as fully as they did when new.  This is to be expected from any recargable battery.  Fortunately it also comes with two AC adapters, so I just keep them plugged in now.  It can also be rather static-y.

Overall, I would recommend this.  It has served us well over the years.