4.1

Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing

4.1

Pros

Cons

The Fisher-Price Precious Planet Swing is fun for the family.

I registered for the Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing, not because of its practicality or because, since I was having my second child, I would need a device that would allow me to have an entertaining place to put my baby for a few moments of having my hands free. No, I registered for this swing because I liked the colors and the design. The bright colors and fun music have captured my baby, now 6 months old, and the big pictures of different animals are a fun alternative to other swing decor. I didn't expect to end up loving the Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing for it's practicality though! The collapsable design is so useful since I work outside of the home part time and bring both of my children to work with me. That has made it easy to transport and set up/take down when I'm on the go. The collapsable design also comes in handy since my family resides in a small downtown apartment where space is extremely limited. I find I can close it up and store it easily when it's not in use. But, at my house, this swing is in use almost constantly! My 3 & 1/2 year old daughter is still light enough to use the swing as well, so I often find her swinging in it, reading her books or singing along to the delightful music. She will even put her baby dolls in the swing! I like that there are several songs that play while the swing is in use and I have noticed my 6 month old will fuss more if the music is turned off or if it has cycled through all the songs. This swing has turned out to be a great gift that has been used time and time again for entertainment and practical use. After my first child grew out of her baby things, I ended up either selling them in a yard sale or giving them to a thrift shop, but I can see us keepign this swing long after our now babies have grown out of it and using it again, or loaning it out to friends. It's that priceless of a baby staple for us!

It entertains, for a while.

While pregnant I heard from several people the wonders of a swing. When it came time to create a registry, this model immediantly drew my interest. It is very cute and appropriate for both girls and boys. It is easy to clean. You can carry baby while in the swing (which is a very nice function for when the little guy is sleeping).

Needless to say, this was one of the first things I received at my baby shower. I have found that although it is useful, it isn't the "life saver" that some other products have turned out to be. It does play music for the baby, but the songs are odd and the pitch might entertain baby but it is quick to annoy mom or dad. It runs only on batteries (4 C) which need replaced about every two months of moderate use. It travels easily, but because of its portability its swing speed relies much more on the position of the baby than of the speed setting. It has no problem gently rocking baby but it doesn't go very high. The toy bar is still completely out of my baby's reach at four months, but the animals are fun and he likes to look at them. The toy bar is a nice extra but it adds little to the overall effectiveness of the swing.

I like this product, but I don't love it. My mother-in-law has her old swing from 16 years ago and my little boy enjoys that much more than he does the one that we own. Although I am happy to have this product, money conscious parents could very easily make do with just a bouncer.

Great swing at an amazing price

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing:

The Fisher-Price precious planet take along swing has been absolutely amazing. This swing is extremely easy to use. The compact size makes it great for travel or just moving it around the house. The durability of the fisher-price take along swing has been unmatched. It has quite a good motor in it considering the small size of the swing. This swing also comes equipped with a wonderful and simple harness to keep your little one in place while swinging. The fisher-price swing also comes with a few really great features such as music to sooth the baby and multiple swing speeds. Another great feature is that you can lock the seat in place and use it as a bouncy seat. I love the shape of the swing and the way it cradles him as he swings. This swing also comes with a really cute mobile for your baby to watch as he swings which can be easily removed if needed. I would definately recommend this swing.

• Versatility:
  • Safety:
  • Features:

Great idea for a swing!

from Placentia, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing:

The precious planet take along swing is such a great idea. We love how small this swing is and so easily portable. We are able to easily move this swing to different rooms in our house and take along to different houses that we visit. Our baby loved this swing because it helped rock her to sleep. The swing's pad is quite soft and cushiony. It provides the perfect body support for our baby. We like the different swing setting speed. What we don't like and didn't care for too much was the music. this swing didn't play good music. We also didn't like the toy that hung on the swing. It was quite boring to have two animals hanging on the top. It didn't really do much for our daughter so we took it off. We just used this product for the swinging aspect of it. We really are glad that we got this swing. It has saved us a on several occassions when our rocking wasn't enough for our baby. We highly recommend this swing.

Take Along Swings are the best!

from Hudson, WI

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing:

I liked this swing a lot. When the baby is very small, you can actually put it on the counter (a no-no, I know!) and have her at eye level while you prepare dinner or clean-up. It really is portable enough to be moved easily from place to place. One detail I wasn't sure about was the little animals hanging from the bar above baby. But my daughter was totally mesmerized by them and some of the first real vocalizations she made were her "talking" to these little animals. One thing I did not like was that the bar came off so easily that it was hard to keep my other young kids from pulling it off and swinging it around. They did end up pulling one of the ends off which wasn't cool. Oh - and the music isn't too annoying which is a huge plus with baby toys! Of course, they outgrow these swings all too soon, but I definitely tell my friends that this swing is a must-have! I would definitely recommend it!

Not sure if I would take it along

from Pleasant Hill, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing:

I received the fisher price precious planet take along swing as a baby shower gift, along with the fisher price rocker.  I have to say I had high expectations for it.  A seat that is comfy, that makes stimulating songs when the baby wants to play, and recedes into gentle swinging movement when it's time to sleep, AND that you can fold up and take with you to places unlike those full-size swings- what a genius idea!  It wasn't long before we discovered that our boy much preferred the rocker to the swing.  First of all, the take-along design has the seat set at a really low position.  Baby is barely hovering above the floor and has to strive to see anything around him.  Secondly, the curvature of the seat is somewhat awkwardly shaped and it feels uncomfortable just to watch him sit in it.  After a while he just slipped into a slouchy position which could not be good for his back and neck.  Fisher Price could do a lot better on a swing.

low swing power.

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing:

I watch kids in my home, and I bought this so that I could put it away after they went home. I love the size and the fact it was so portable.  I did not love that it wasnt very strong. The batteries were fine, but the swing didnt have much gusto. Not sure how to get the same swing power as the big ones in a more compact size.

Our baby loves the Precious Planet Swing

from Castle Hayne, NC

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing:

We received the Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing as a baby shower present for our second child.  We had a regular swing with our first child and it was so big that we barely ever used it.  This Fisher-Price swing has many great features about it.  My favorite feature is that it is easily portable.  It takes no time to fold it up and throw it in the trunk of my car to travel to grandma's house or an overnight trip.  This swing also has several speed settings too, so as the baby get heavier you can adjust the settings higher to compensate for the extra weight.  It takes C batteries, so my reccomedation would be to keep plenty on hand so you never run out.  It does not have an AC adaptor to plug into the wall, that is my only complaint about this swing.  Another nice feature is that there is a switch that you can turn on to play music.  Very nice when you are trying to get baby to fall asleep.  This swing also has a removeable arch that has colorful rattles that baby can look at while swinging.

Perfect for traveling and grandma's house

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing:

The Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing is one of the best swings for traveling. This swing folds up so nicely and compact that it is perfect for on the go. We have had mutiples of this swing; we used them for traveling and also a few to keep at the grandmas houses. They are very easy to put together. They don't take up much space at all. You hardly notice they are there. These swings are very easy to clean up. The toy bar is great at helping to keep the little ones entertained. One of the best uses for this swing would be for families of multiples; especially with all the extra baby stuff that you need. this swing is very well made and has held up quite well through lots of use. I love the conveince of this swing when I am traveling. It very easily fits in the back of the van and takes up no extra room. This swing has been one of our best investments and I highly recommend this to all parents.

Needed it this time around

from Escanaba, MI

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing:

I never thought I would need or have room for a travel swing.  We just had our 3rd child and I found myself needed another swing.  We have one at home.  I always thought it would have been nice to travel with one while the babies are small.  But we didn't have room in the car and thought "Oh we could go without a swing for a few days".  Our parents live several hours away, so we go visit for a few days.  Well baby #3 came and we bought a cabin at the same time.  While we were working on the cabin there was no where to put the little guy and we couldn't haul the swing from home back and forth.  So we bought a travel swing.  It was a good buy.  The swing looks very comfortable for baby.  There are little toys and lots of colors that keep baby entertained and something to look at.  We like the music that comes from ours.  It folds up rather compact and is easy to open and set up.  Would be great to leave at a Grandparent's house or another place that baby visits frequently.

This FP PP take along swing is a space-saver.

from Milton, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing:

The Fisher-Price Precious Planet take along swing is a space saver. I love in a small apartment so space is everything to me. The swing is also colorful and engaging to a small baby. Its convenient to carry around. Especially, for the working mom.. The only down-side to the swing is that I was constantly buying batteries; Which can get expensive. In conclusion, I would recommend the swing to the busy , working Mom. The positives outweigh the negatives.

Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing is great.

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Take Along Swing:

I was invited to my daughter-in-laws baby shower. I thought about when my son was little. He used to love the baby swing that I had. He would laugh when I put him in it. He would fall asleep. My swing was not easily foldable so it was not possible to carry anywhere or put it away easily. I decided to get Marianna the swing for my coming grandson. I went to the store and found the Fischer Price Prescious Planet take along swing. It was colorful. The swing was easy to fold and take along. The legs locked into place. It was the perfect gift. I bought it and took it to the baby shower. Mari loved it. Since then my grandson Leo has come into the world. He is a happy baby and loves his swing very much.