Other Crib Toys:

Fisher-Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano

Pros

Cons

No One Else May Play The Fisher-Price Planet Kick & Play Piano

I bought my Grand Daughter a Fisher-Price Planet Kick & Play Piano and she absolutely adored it.  We had a hard time at first getting her to comprehend the concept of kicking and playing different notes.  It took a while, but she began kicking.  As she would kick, we would direct her feet to different notes, therby making different tones.  She would stop and grin with each kick, which totally warmed everyones heart that was in the room.  We each took different turns directing her feet to different notes and tones.  In the midst of learning, she became tired and went down for a nap.  Being the fun loving adults that we are, we played with the baby's toy.  We each took turns trying to hammer out songs, but none of us are very musical to begin with, so you can guess the rest.  We refused for a long time to allow the other children to play.  Yes, they wanted in on the fun, but we hogged the Fisher-Price Planet Kick and Play Piano until almost time for the baby to awaken.  We decided to take a break and allow the other children a turn at the Fisher-Price Planet Kick and Play Piano.  We were amazed when we heard what appeared an actual song coming from the other room.  We returned to find the eight year old was playing the Fisher-Price Planet Kick and Play Piano with precision.  Wow, we were astonished at her ear for music.  She may be our next piano player for all the events.  I usually handle those things, but I would love to get her involved with such talent.  Too bad, I live sooo far away and do not have the ability to pursue such things with my Grand children.  However, when the baby awoke, we had to take the Fisher-Price Plane Kick and Play Piano from the eight year old and the younger children and give it back to the baby.  We discovered the baby does not believe in sharing her toys.  She did not like anyone playing with it while she was awake whether she was playing with it or not.  If she was not playing with the Fisher-Price Planet Kick and Play Piano, no one was to be playing with it.  If she heard it from another room, she began to cry and wanted it brought to her.   She would hold it for a while, then she would lay it down to play with another toy.  One of the other children would pick it up and begin to play music attempting to make a song.  The baby would hear the tones and start looking for her toy.  If she found the culprit, she would look directly at them and hold her hands out while crying, expecting the return of her toy.  If the child was not quick enough about returning the Fisher-Price Planet Kick and Play Piano, then she would start screaming and crying.  Of course, the child had to return the baby her toy in order to restore peace to the household.  Once she had the toy, she was once again elated with playing on the floor and attempting to make music herself.  The older children even tried taking the Fisher-Price Planet Kick and Play Piano to the garage to play with it, but she can hear much better than we ever assumed.  She looked toward the kitchen which then goes into the garage.  We were in the living room and making lots of noise.  How she ever heard that piano was beyond us.  She can hear better than anyone I have ever met.  She heard those kids playing that Fisher-Price Planet Kick and Play Piano all the way out in the garage, which is two rooms and two doors away.  She heard that piano through walls and doors.  She heard that piano through all the loudness that was going on in the living room.  She heard that piano over the dogs yelping and barking.  She heard that piano over the cats meowing.  Once she heard the piano, she wanted it and she wanted it NOW.  She looked toward the kitchen and moved her little fingers to let us know she wanted to go that way.  We took her into the kitchen.  The baby then waved her little fingers to let us know she wanted to go through the kitchen door into the laundry area.  The baby then waved her little fingers to let us know she wanted to go further, through the laundry doors and into the garage.  As we made our way through the kitchen, the piano became louder.  As we traversed on through the laundry room area, the sound of the piano, grew even louder.  Once the door opened into the garage, the room was definitely filled with the sounds of the piano.  The baby pointed at the older children and waved her little fingers to let them know she wanted her Fisher-Price Planet Kick and Play Piano.  The oldest little boy tried to run past us and into the house with the piano.  The baby wasn't having it.  She wanted her piano and she wanted it NOW.  We retrieved the piano and gave it to the baby.  No one was allowed to play the Fisher-Price Planet Kick and Play Piano from that point, except for the baby.  Talking about a baby best friend, this must be the charmer.

Quiet but fun!

We recieved two Fisher-Price Precious Planet Kick and Play Pianos for our 3 month old twins.  The piano is visually stimulating both in and out of the crib.  Both of our sons were immediatly drawn to the colorful lights and patterns.  They were both quick to kick the piano and were able to engage in the lights.  The volume proposed a problem, as I had difficulty hearing the music especially when the kids were kicking the toy.  Even on th e loudest setting, the volume is way too low.  As the twins grew with the toy, they were unable to make a connecation between kicking the keys and the music being played, as they could barely hear the notes.  Recently the twins began to dimantel the toy from the crib which surprised me, as they're only 6 months. It is top heavy and requires a strong arm to make sure it is secure.  It can be difficult to attached to the crib securely. The ties which are used to attach the toy are way too short and are used as a chewy toy when played with outside of the crib.

This toy is very entertaining, a great idea/concept that needs a few revisions.  I would recommend the contiuous play setting be uncahngable until the song is complete.  If any of the keys are touched during continuos play the song changes.  I like that it can be played with both in and out of the crib without constant supervision. I have found it to be more entertaining now that my babies are able to sit up and play with the piano keys.  Overall, great transitional toy.

Kick and Play piano is lots of fun!

from Placentia, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano:

We bought this item for our baby and are so glad with this purchase. We were searching for a toy that our child could use her feet to play. We found several different piano but decided to buy this one to match all our other precious planet items. This piano was a pretty good price. When we received this toy it was fairly easy to set up. There are two ties on the back that you tie onto the cribs bars. I have to admit that it isn't the safest way to secure this item. We have found that the piano has slipped often and the rope can't be tied too securely. Other than this little thing the kick and play piano is great. There are two settings for play in terms of music, continuous or only when baby kicks piano. Our daught loved kicking this piano and hearing herself play the music. We really love the piano. When she grew older we put the piano on the floor so she could sit and play the music. This toy grew with our child.

entertain for hours!

from Ocean City, MD

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano:

I bought this for our son when he was very young, maybe 8 weeks. He kicked his feet all of the time, all day, all night, So when I put him in front of it, he automatically started kicking, and realized that he was making the piano make noises, this has taught him cause and effect, I think, at a very very early age!. It has two settings, one that plays music continuously and one that plays the notes when he hits the keys and only plays music if there is a pause between notes. every time I go in the nursery to change his diaper, we turn it on the setting that plays music and he starts giggling instantly, he dances to it every time, and after a poopy diaper, I always want to wash my hands, so I put him in the crib and turn on his piano, and he is fine, he loves kicking the piano, gets himself very excited, and laughing. the piano is very colorful, and lights up when it is singing, there are animals on it, and it even makes some animal sounds in between the tunes. there is a lot of learning potential with this toy.

Fisher-Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano - favorite toy

from Burbank, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano:

This piano was one of the best investments we could have made toy-wise for our little one. This toy was a staple in our playtime from early on and the cause-and-effect of kicking to make music has helped our baby to flourish in all areas.

Whenever I noticed my son kicking as an early reflex, I'd hold the piano up to him and he would be delighted as I cheered him on to kick. I loved that he would exercise and practice his kicking skills while encouraging the musical part of his brain.

I love that there are two functions you can set the piano on - direct response (each key plays a different song) or general response (kick the same spot and get a different song that continues to play until you kick again). When my son was really little, he responded better to the general function but as he matured, the direct response function was more fun for him because you could see him beginning to understanding cause and effect of his actions.

Regardless of setting, he thoroughly enjoys this toy and gets hours of enjoyment out of it. I will say that this toy is most enjoyable and effective when the adult actively participates by singing along to the songs and/or cheering the baby on with praise for kicking.

Kick and Play Piano is awesome!

from Covina, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano:

The fisher price precious planet kick and play piano is a great toy. My wife bought this for our son when he first started to move his legs which was when he turned one month. However he did not play with this toy until he was two months old. We were afraid he might hurt himself when he was only one month. At two months he seemed to have tons of fun playing with this toy. He received instant gratification whenever he would kick the piano. There are two settings to this piano. One allowed music to play all the time and the other was when the baby would kick the piano. We mixed it up but our son enjoyed hearing the music everytime he kicked the piano. It was a good workout for his legs. The only thing that we didn't like about this piano was that the music was too low. I think we might have received a defective piano. In the end it was better because it didn't hurt our little guy's ears. We highly recommend this product for baby's learning how to kick.

Fisher Price Precious Planet Piano hits the right note!

from Dunnellon, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano:

My husband and I purchased the Fisher Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano before our son was even born and now at 15 months of age, he still takes enjoyment from it. This really is a neat toy because it is so versatile. First, it comes with fabric ties so it can fit in the crib and baby's kicks can trigger the music and flashing lights. It can also be used for "tummy time." Once baby is older, like our son, we simply place the piano on the floor and he practices pushing the keys. There are two musical play modes. One provides a continuous medley of upbeat songs, the other allows our son to sort of build his own songs by tapping the keys one at a time, which after they are pressed, provide a short series of tunes and animal sounds. The songs are actually fun and not at all annoying (unlike some other toys). Our son likes to imitate each of the animals. This is one of those "grow with your child" toys, which I just love. It certainly gets a lot of use in our household. I would definitely recommend the Fisher Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano to other parents.

what an amazing toy!

from Manassas, VA

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano:

This is by far one of the coolest toys that I have found in stores recently.  I just had a baby a couple of months ago and was thinking of what to get him for Christmas and this popped up at a store online.  He loves to kick his feet all the time so I thought what a perfect way to use his energy. It also is a great way to teach your baby cause and effect.  You attach it to the side of the crib and the baby kicks the piano and it makes noise in return.  Our baby just loves it and can't get enough of it!  The only downside is that if you are trying to get your baby to sleep they might be more entertained by this little mechanism than willing to close their eyes.  It always seems like a new experience for our baby each time he plays with/kicks this toy and it is probably one of the better toy investments (that is reasonably priced) one can get if you want to promote exercise and learning.

Precious Planet Kick&Play Priceless

from Ennis, TX

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano:

The Fisher Price Precious Plant Kick & Play was an awesome investment, the baby plays with it constantly never trying of it.  I would recommend this toy to any parent it is a great learning tool as well.  There are so many features the play hours are endless.  It is a very safe product and easy to keep clean.

fisher price precious planet kick and play piano

from Sullivan, OH

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano:

The fisher price precious planet kick and play piano!!  Now this is a wonderful product! My son absolutely loves it.  This product is Great for a baby that loves to move his or her legs and kick!!  My son is just now turning five months old and he was given this as a "birthday present"  I was a little concerned at first because it just attatched to the crib and I wondered how often he would actually get to use or play with it.  I dont like to leave him just laying in the crib all alone if he is awake.  However, he loves this and it is wonderful for him to play while I hop in the shower or get some vacuuming done or sometimes even fold laundry in his room.  It gives him another thing to play with and a change of senery from a swing or bouncer chair, I know that he is safe and he is entertained at the same time.  The colors are amazing and they keep his busy mind content for more then just a few minutes.  My only complaint if you can even call it that is that I wish it was more portable. Although I suppose that when he is older and sitting uassisted that he will be able to play with this with his hands if we set it one the floor!  All in all a wonderful item, and worth the cost!!

Lots of fun for baby!

from Mineral Point, WI

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano:

We love Fisher Price toys at our house and this one is no exception. Not only is adorable, it provides lots of entertainment for baby. It's part of the expansive Precious Planet line, which means that there is matching bedding and many matching accessories. We don't have the Precious Planet bedding but thought that they colors and design were still neutral enough to go with our nursery.

This toy provided lots of entertainment after naptime and gave us a few extra minutes to get to his crib in the mornings after he had woken up. We no longer use it in his crib, as he is 11 months old now, but he still plays with it on the floor from time to time.

The music settings are a bit quiet, but I prefer it this way since it was originally intended to be in his crib. We have found that many kids toys are much too loud, the noise level on this one is perfect. I also like the fact that you can adjust the sound.

This toy has been one of the few that have lasted him this long, he was only 3 months old when we bought it. I would definitely recommend this toy for any new parent!

Perfect Fisher-Price Planet Kick & Play Piano For Your Kids

from New York, NY

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Kick & Play Piano:

This Fisher-Price Precious PLanet Kick And Play Piano Is Perfect For Your Little Ones. Your Kids Will Have Fun And Enjoy Playing With This Toy. They Get To Make Their Own Music And Be As Creative As Can Be! It Also Lets Them Hear A Variety Of Different Sounds, So They Will Laugh While They Make Their Music. This Item Is Great If You Are A Music Kind Of Family! It Can And Will Influence Your Little One To Start Being Creative With Sounds And Music. You WOn't Hear Any Fussing While Yoour Little One Is Playing With This Wonderful Toy. All You Have To Do Is Turn It On. It Comes With The Battery, So You Dont Have to Put some In! You WOnt Regret Buying This Wonderful Fisher-Price Precious Planet & Play Piano. It Is Easy, Un-Harmful, And Fun To PLay With! And We Guaruntee You That No Person Has Made Anything As Best as This Fun Toy, So Hurry They Are In Fisher-Price Stores Now, And Dont Come Late!