Other Baby Jumpers:
Fisher-Price
Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo

Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo

One of the best baby purchases we've made!

My son is currently 6 1/2 months old and we bought this for him a few weeks ago. He has loved the jumperoo right from the start, and it's one of the few places that he will play on his own without being on the open floor rolling around.

I love that the jumperoo is standalone and doesn't take up a doorway or have to be hung from anything. That being said, the frame is a bit big and takes up some space. However, even in our smallish apartment, it works well. The jumperoo has a height adjustment, which we haven't needed to use yet, but is great to keep infants from growing out of it too fast. Even at my son's height (28 inches, 90th percentile for his age), he is only on the first setting and only touches the ground with his toes. He jumps pretty energetically in it and the frame remains stable. The cloth portion of the seat detaches for cleaning.

The activities on the jumper are more than sufficient - there's plenty for him to do without overstimulating him, and I picked this one over some other jumpers because it was "less busy" with toys. Some of the jumpers and activity centers out there have far too many things for the baby to focus on.

I do wish that the two hanging toys were suspended lower, perhaps adjustable, so that as baby gets taller, you can move the hanging toys up as well. At my son's currently height, he can't reach them. I also wish that the sound center had some way of setting it to play only the animal sounds and not the music, since what he seems to like a lot of the time is the fact that the sounds play when he moves.

Aside from that, the variety of sounds and music that it plays is great. The toys include a whale mirror, with a track over it that has 3 beads that move along it, a spinning toy with a creature inside (and some tiny beads to rattle around), a spinning two-toned ball, a elephant teether toy, a spinning disk, a spinning cylinder, two suspended animal toys, and in the front, a lion that spins when you press a button. There are two lights that blink on and off with the music on the front toy panel.

Good purchase - wish it had different features

"My husband and I purchased this for our friends 5 mo old...overall he loves the jumper and exploring the various features. However, I wish that some of the features were more multi-tasking...i.e. I wish the blue plastic piece over the whale had a couple of beads that could be pushed back and forth across it. It just seems kind of useless as it is...and it's in the way when there son tries to play with the whale. Also, I wish the hanging objects were on bungy cords so that once he grabbed them, he could bring them to his mouth. Lastly, I don't know that it needs the monkey headrest...it is just in the way and I may try to pin it back or cut it off. I do like that it sits on the floor and does not block a doorway...but it is large and can be in the way if you don't have a lot of space. Ultimately, it is a great/safe place for there son to play while his mom can grab a quick shower in the mornings." I love fisher price items, I do feel that they should/could put more activities on the toys like these jumpers that would allow for activity as well as development etc for the babies.

Great Exercise for Baby

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo:

I bought this jumper for my grandson and he LOVES it. It is made of good quality with no sharp edges. It is sturdy and I'm not afraid it will collapse. The material is well sewn to the body of the jumper. It has a lot of different activities to help keep him entertained. Everything is bright and colorful and eye-catching for him. He also gets a lot of exercise from jumping in it. I can put him in it while I am doing an activity with his older brother or when I am fixing them a snack and not have to worry about anything happening to him or him running off. He also loves to play with the hanging things that come over the top him. He tries pulling himself to a standing position with them, giving him more exercise. It's not too huge that it gets in the way or takes up too much space. It is just the right size. He has been using it now for about 6 months and he still enjoys hanging out in it from time to time.

Jumperoo

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo:

I gave birth to my bouncing baby boy about four years ago, and when I say bouncing, I mean BOUNCING off the walls. He's always been really hyper and energetic. This Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo (which I purchased when he was about 6 months) was right up his ally. He loved the toys on the tray, and when he could reach the floor, he would bounce in that thing seemingly all day long.

Best Baby Toy Ever!

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo:

I registered & received this jumperoo for my baby shower & it was by far one of the best gifts I received. My son was a natural jumper- you'd stand him on your stomach & he'd just start going! As soon as he was able to support himself we stacked board games under him so his legs would reach & put blankets around him so that he'd fit in the seat. He seriously used this toy from about 3.5 months old until he was over a year & no longer fit in it- although he tried until I disassembled it & put it away!

There are so many different toys on this jumperoo to keep your little one occupied- lots of different sounds, music, lights & textures. The seat also spins completely around so that your baby can play with everything & see everything. I kept mine in front of the door wall & my little guy loved watching the squirrels while he played.

It's adjustable to several different heights & the seat cover comes off to be thrown in the washer. My only complaint is that due to the way the base is shaped it is not easy to move from one room to another if you have just standard doorways- although it does snap apart easily it is just a slight hassle.

Overall I definitely recommend this product- I had a smaller one I purchased second hand to keep upstairs & my son didn't enjoy it nearly as much as this one.

Parents Best Friend

from Herriman, UT

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo:

This is such a great toy for babies. It helps them with their hand eye cordination, strengthens legs and core, and teaches them cause and effect. it has kept my baby busy. He just loves to bounce and be able to see what is going on. It also allows me to be able to get more done while he plays. Very happy with this purchase.

My favorite toy.

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo:

This is seriously a must have for moms! I am so glad i found this and bought it. When my son was about 6 months he wanted to be able to be up and see what was going on, but with me holding him I rarely get much done. So this offers the best for baby and mom. The can stand up and see what is going on while working on strengthening their legs and core and neck. Mom and Dad can get a few things done. I also love the sounds and toys to play with. Keeps the babies busy and they love bouncing.

Great playtime fun!

from El Paso, TX

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo:

I went with the Precious Planet theme for son since I was doing his nursery in the Mod Pod Monkey theme and this line totally matched! This jumperoo was probably one of the best things ever invented to keep a little one busy. My son loved all the colors and noises it made when he jumped. The durability of this jumperoo was great as well. It was very easy to wash too. I would highly recommend this jumperoo to anyone :)

My son LOVED this jumperoo!!

from Everett, MA

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo:

I started putting my son in the Precious Planet jumperoo when he was about 4 months old. I had to use a throw pillow underneath it for him to stand on because he wasn't tall enough to reach the floor. He absolutely LOVED it! At first he mostly was amused by the toys on the tray. Once he was big enough to jump in it, he would stay in that thing for hours. I have him on video jumping in it when he got a little older. He would go for 10 minutes at a time, it was so much fun to watch him. The colors on it are so bright they really caught his attention. There is a lot going on, but not too much. He can swivel 360 degrees to play with all of the toys. He liked that too so he could follow me around the room. He played in it until he was almost a year old. I put it away for my next child who I'm expecting in 2 months. I can't wait to see her play and jump in it. I'm sure she's going to love it as much as he did. The only other downside is the tray constantly had to be wiped down because it attracted a lot of dust for some reason, and I wish the seat was removeable so I could throw it in the wash. I would definitely recommend this product!! I love Fisher Price!

Cute toy providing lots of entertainment

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo:

I searched high and low for a Jumper that fit my very picky taste, and finally decided to settle on this one. The Jumper was great for my daughter and she spent quite a few days playing in it when she was between 6-12 months old.  The jumper only plays 2 different songs, so they do tend to get annoying after the millionth time hearing them. The jumper has sat out in our garage since she was 12 months without any use, in almost a brand new condition.  She will jump in it now for 2-3 minutes before she loses complete interest and is on the go again. Looking around later at some of the Jumpers that have come out since I bought this one, I would next time opt for a different jumper.  The price is also a little bit spendy for what you get...I would expect the jumper to do a little bit more. Also, it does take up quite a bit of room, hence the reason it has been spending so much time in the garage recently!

Thank my stars for the Precious Planet Jumperoo!!!

from Kennesaw, GA

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo:

I bought this for my daughter when she was 4 months old. I was willing to try anything at this point because my daughter did not like for me to put her down. I got both a swing and a vibrating bouncy chair at my baby shower. Every mother had told me these two items were a god send and helped them out tremendously with their babies. Well, my daughter hated both her swing and her chair with a passion. Once she got big enough, I decided to try a jumper because she like to stand and bounce on my legs. I decided on the Fisher Price Precious Planet jumperoo based on reviews I read online. I'm glad I did!!! This has been the BEST baby item that I have got for my daughter. She loves to jump in this so much. She gets so excited when I pick her up and take her over to it that she laugh and squeal and starts to kick her legs before she even gets in it. She will entertain herself for a fair amount of time and let me hop in the shower or fold laundry. She is now seven months and still loves it.

This is definitely a baby item that I would recommend to any mother. For me, it was a my saving grace and allowed my daughter to start learning how to entertain herself some and gain some independence. Plus, it's gender neutral and we will be able to keep it and use it for any future babies later down the road.

test it out before buying it

from Cupertino, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Jumperoo:

This jumperoo is definitely one of those toys where you have to test it out at a friend's place or a the toy store before buying it. I'm sure if you're kids love it, they LOVE it but if they don't they really don't. I bought this toy and it was a total waste of money. My kids do not like being placed into the confining seat and always want to get out of it. The toy is huge and the storing ability is pretty lousy. Although they say you can fold it up, it takes time to fold and unfold. We've used this toy more as a cruiser toy now. My kids like to play with the gadgets and little toys that light up on the actual saucer while standing outside of the jumper. The one thing I really like about this toy is that fact that the baby inside can turn from one side to another quite easily- they can explore all sides of the toy without having to get out and reposition themselves. I would still recommend this toy too all of those who know for sure their kid likes to be placed in the jumper. It's a fun idea and I only wished I would have tried it out before shoving out the money.