View more bouncers

Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Play Time Bouncer

4.1

Pros

Cons

Very soothing, but the straps were too weak.

We bought this bouncer seat second-hand, but it was in great condition. I loved this seat so much, except for one BIG problem. The straps were too flimsy and weak, and my son would continuously flop over of the side of the seat. We had another bouncer and it had better straps, wider and higher. So it was a real conflict of whether or not to use it, because the sounds and motion were great, my son absolutely loved that. But if I wasn't sitting there in front of him every second he was in it, he risked falling out of it because of how low and thin the straps were. And as most moms know, one of the best things about bouncy seats is being able to put the baby down and get a few things done while the baby is calm and distracted. Granted, I rarely leave the room when he's in a boucner seat, but to have to sit right in front of him the whole time totally defeated the point. My son's nana had one that had better straps, though I have no idea where she got it from because I haven't been able to find it. But as for the motion and sounds, I loved this thing. Especially the baby-activated sounds, where if he bounced it would change the song. It was very calming and relaxing, and I wasn't sure if he was going to fall asleep or if I was! Of course, I was not too lucky (or maybe it actually was luck in disguise), as my son never fell asleep outside of his crib (or carseat on long trips).

Good in the beginning, but not worth the money

My in-laws bought us the Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Play Time Bouncer 2 years ago when I had my first son. In the beginning I thought it was going to be another pointless piece of baby gear taking up valuable space in my house. I was VERY wrong! I began using the bouncer when my son was a few months old, and he loved it from the second I put him in it.

The bouncer itself is attractive, and gender neutral which was important for me, and unlike many childrens toys, the sounds made by the Ocean Wonders Bouncer are actually quite plesant! There are various levels of sound, and a number of sound options. You can also decide whether you would like the bouncer to play continuously, or if you would like it to be baby-activated. Meaning, when the baby moves, or kicks one of the dangling toys, the seat with start making noises or flashing soothing lights.

The bouncer also has a vibrating option, which is suppose to soothe most babies, however my son never wanted any part of it.

Overall, the bouncer is pricey compared to others on the market, but it is worth it. The fish inside of the water however did stop rotating towards the end of my sons use, making it only partially usable for my second son, but I have yet to decide if this bothers me or not. The vibration setting and all other features still work fine, so for now, we're sticking with this bouncer!

The fisher price ocean wonders bouncer seat is a great product

from Scottsdale, AZ

Comments about Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Play Time Bouncer:

The Fisher Price Ocean Wonders play time bouncer is a fun bouncer seat that babies love. It is very cute with it's bright colors and "under the sea" theme. It has the traditional bouncer seat action along with a seat vibration that really seems to calm babies. There is a choice of music or ocean sounds to entertain and soothe. Babies also seem to like the "aquarium" scene that is set up in front of them, with moving fish and bubbles. You can set the seat to a "baby activated" mode and if the baby kicks or grabs the little fish that are hanging down, it causes the aquarium to come to life. My children really liked this and it was neat for me to see them "get" this cause and effect relationship. This bouncer seat was the only way I was able to get a shower in those early months of parenthood. I could sit my baby in it, in the bathroom with me and they would happily kick or snooze away while I took a much needed shower.

Good, but not all it was cracked up to be

from Center Barnstead, NH

Comments about Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Play Time Bouncer:

We bought this bouncer for my son just before he was born.  All the reviews said it was wonderful, and could keep a baby happy for hours on end.  He did seem happy when we had to put him in it for a bit, but he was just as happy in any bouncy seat we put him in.  We had a different one for upstairs, and he liked it just as well (and it cost a LOT less).

It runs through batteries pretty quickly.  We replaced them probably about every other week, and he only spent maybe an hour a day in it.  He did like the vibrate part, and that's probably what killed the batteries.  He wasn't at all interested in the fish or the music and bubbles.  He didn't seem to like the toys because they were hard.  He did like the toys on our other bouncy seat, and they were plush ones that I could take off for him to play with.

It was definitely a good bouncy seat, and well-constructed.  However, for the price, there are definitely better options.  You're paying for pretty lights and music.

Love Love the bouncer

from North Clarendon, VT

Comments about Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Play Time Bouncer:

I bought this bouncer for my daughter five years ago. I love love love it. My daughter also loved this bouncer. I have nothing bad to say about ths bouncer. I highly recommend this bouncer for your child. I used it in the bathroom so I could take a shower and it works wonders fo entertainment for your child. The colors and noises are awesome for a child. It is very entertainment for them. My daughter and I loved the fish moving with the noise. I also like how there was fish hanging down. I also used t hang other things from it. It also moves fairly good when she used to kick her legs. It was easy to clean. It still in good shape and the onlly reason my daughter stopped using it was because she got to big. It was still it awesome shape. If you are looking for a awesome bouncer that is going to entertain your child and get your money worth I would buy this. It is totally worth the money you pay for it.

The Ocean Wonders Aquarium Bouncer is not good

from Valparaiso, IN

Comments about Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Play Time Bouncer:

When my first son was born, we received the Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium Bouncer.  At first I loved this product.  I loved the aquarium themed print and I loved that the little toys spinned around in the water for the baby to look at.

When I had by twins (3 years later), I have come to the conclusion that I do not like this bouncer at all.  First off, my twins are 6 months old now and when I put them in there, they often fall out of the bouncy seat even though they are belted in.  Because there are no sides to the bouncer, they can just slide right off and because they are belted in, they are hanging half way in the chair and half way off.  Because I have caught both of my twins like this at one time, I have stopped using this bouncy seat.

Another thing is that over the 3 years, all the water in the part that the babies look at, has evaporated.  So I could no longer use this feature of the bouncy seat.  I would not recommend this bouncy seat and would recommend on that has higher sides for safety...

one of the best

from Levittown, PA

Comments about Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Play Time Bouncer:

ive had one of these and it lasted 3 kids ( 7 yrs and going strong) my children couldnt live wit out it. and my newborn is in aw every time she uses it. holds up well, easy to clean. long battery life. i have nothing bad to say.

Cute, but ours stopped vibrating!

from Vancouver, WA

Comments about Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Play Time Bouncer:

We recieved this as a gift at our baby shower. I added this to our registry without reading any reviews on this product. It worked great for awhile, but after about 2 months of use (and our daughter doesn't use this all of the time) it stopped vibrating after turning it on. I thought for awhile that we were just going through a lot of batteries, but even with fresh, new batteries, it would still only turn on after about 3 times of turning it on and off. Lights and sound work everytime, so I don't know whats going on with it. I was going to call customer service, but their hours are really weird and their website to get a number is really hard to navigate. I will have to find a time when my daughter is sleeping I guess to find the number and spend time on hold trying to get a hold on someone.

Good entertainment, keeps baby happy

from Sanibel, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Play Time Bouncer:

I bought this bouncer because it has music and lights, vibrations, and an interactive play mode. My newborn loved watching the lights while listening to the music. Once he reached the ten week-mark, he was learning to hit the fish with his hands and kick his legs to make the music change. A few drawbacks...It was difficult to get him in and out of the bouncer without removing the mobile and sometimes the mobile bar rattles when using the vibrations. Also, I wish the music was a little more upbeat--it has lullaby-type songs and my baby gets bored easily. There are other bouncers with lower price tags that are just as functional. Most babies like the vibration, they usually don't need all the bells and whistles to be happy.

Very useful and entertaining

from Erie, PA

Comments about Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Play Time Bouncer:

This bouncer is one of the most used baby products we have and it has held up very well and are using it on our 3rd child. As a newborn it is great for sleeping in or to put baby down while in the living areas of your house, for us, downstairs. As the baby gets bigger, 2 mos, he starts to get interested in the water bubbles and noise. The vibrations really help to calm the baby down. As our son turned around 4 months and we used the "interaction" button on the top he realized he could use his feet to kick the toys and make the bubbles and music go. There is also an "automatic" button to have it constantly going. Now that he is 5 months and has started solids we are using it to feed him in. This chair is very useful and durable!

Wonderfully Bouncy

from Winnebago, IL

Comments about Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Play Time Bouncer:

I have almost the whole Ocean Wonders collection and I love it!

We have used this bouncer from the day we got home from the hospital and still use it at 10 months old.

It has a strong motor that makes the whole chair vibrate and soothe the baby, even at 22+ pounds.

It is positioned at a great angle for keeping the baby safe and comfortable.

It has a variety of modes for sound and lights that is very soothing. There is a mode that is continual and a mode that changes when the baby moves. This seat often put my son to sleep when I couldn't.

The only issue I have had is that the vibrating part battery connection stopped working perfectly after a few months. Now, to get the vibrator to turn on, I have to life up and drop the bottom to spark the start.

I will still use this with my next child.

This Fisher-Price Bouncer is durable

from Piqua, OH

Comments about Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Play Time Bouncer:

I recieved this Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Play Time Bouncer five years ago for a shower gift. I still have it and it still works! I am currently using it for my fourth child. I like the toys the children can play with and the screen with the bubbles and fish keep my children entertained. I also like the red and green lights that flash as well. When my children grew they did take off the star toy but it is very easy to put back on. The only thing that no longer works now is the fish do not spin. I think because some of the liquid in the toy evaporated. The bubbles come and go but my 4th child still enjoys it (he is 4 months old). All of my children liked to kick the toys and many of them have taken short naps in it as well. I have even taken this on vacation with us. I use rechargeable batteries in it. I haven't seen any new bouncers that have all the features as this one. I would buy it again if they had a new model.