4.9
Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper
PRODUCT RECALLED

Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper

4.9

My Stepdaughter is loving this for her baby.

I recently purchased the Fisher-Price Newborn Rock & Play Sleeper for my stepdaughter and her husband for their daughter. They live in Denver, Colorado and the store near them did not carry the Fisher-Price Newborn Rock & Play Sleeper so I bought it and sent it them.

Brightly colored packaging displays the Fisher-Price Newborn Rock & Play Sleeper properly and it was as advertised.

They use it as a perfect place for her cranky baby to rock with a gentle push and play during the day, she also uses it as a place for baby to sleep at night and to keep the baby occupied at other times when needed.

It's lightweight, portable, and the baby would fall asleep as soon as I would place him in it. My baby napped and slept at night in this sleeper. It worked like a dream.

If you do get this product, I would pay special attention to your infant's shoulder, neck and head positioning. Run your fingers along the back of the padding and feel where it is hard and angles inward on either side. Is it pushing in on your child's shoulders? Does your child's head lean over to one side? Use your best judgement. Perhaps occasional use as a seat would be ok, but no baby should spend all their sleeping hours in the Fisher-Price Newborn Rock & Play Sleeper.

The design of this product is very simple but it's perfect for what we needed. I don't know why it took so long to come to market. I can't think of a better recommendation than a sleeping baby. A few other points: -it rocks very smoothly and easily -has mesh on the side to allow for air flow -seems comfortable, even for my big boy (he's already 12+ lbs) -is very light -seems very stable -is lower that our bed (a normal queen mattress with frame & boxspring) but its easy to look over and check on the baby from bed

I read the many other reviews and I saw that the negative reviews have to do with "flat spot" issues. They do a lot of tummy time and they don't have her sleep in the sleeper during the day at all anymore, so hopefully they'll avoid this problem. Other than those reviews, I can't think of a single negative about this product. I wish I had this with my firstborn!

For my personal experience Like other parents on here, I had a newborn who just wouldn't sleep flat in his crib when we brought him home. Even after a month he was still fussing after an hour of sleep and waking, and he was formula-fed. Someone on Babycenter recommended this sleeper and I rushed out to buy one. The first night it worked like a charm--my little one slept 4 hours!! We used this in the living room during the day and as his sleeper at night. At about 3 months we transitioned him to his crib and he slept beautifully there, but we still kept the rocker as a daytime bassinet. At about 5 1/2 months he started to sit supported and would use the edges to try and pull himself up--so we stopped using it at that time in case he pushed himself too far. By the way, we never experienced any 'flat head' syndrome. I'm now passing this along to a friend with all the great reviews and I highly recommend this product for newborns.

amazing

the rocker and sleeper  from fisher price has a different look. I am a busy mom and i bought this for my first son. He really enjoyed it. I started using it when he was a month old. It is compact and occupies less space. It weighs less and it is quiet easy for me to carry around where ever i go. It easily fits in my car. The cover is easy to remove and it is easy to clean.It is available in a variety of colors that suits both a baby boy and a baby girl. I is attractive. But I wish it should be still be cushioned and positioned to support baby's especially newborn's back. And i have to rock it myself .If it swings itself then i would say it is worth for money. It is not foldable if it is foldable it would still have consumed less space. It will be more useful once your baby sits by himself. Further it has no toys attached it is plain I wish it had some beautiful toys and wonderful melodies for baby.

I CAN NOT say enough ggod things about this!

Comments about Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper:

My friend encouraged me to register for this when I was pregnant with my daughter and it may have been the best piece of parenting advice I have ever gotten. My daughter had reflux from the day she was born and HATED being put down on her back. Even when we were still in the hospital my husband and I worried that we were going to have a baby who would only sleep in someone's arms. The minute we brought her home we put her down in her new Rock n Play to take a picture. She loved it!! I am not exaggerating when I say that my two day old looked like she relaxed the minute we put her in it. We literally used this every nap and every night for the first four months of her life, at which point she moved to her crib in her own room. The height was just right next to our bed. I could easily peek at her without having to get up and risk waking her. The Rock n Play rocks, of course, and I was able to reach it to rock her from our bed. It is also so easy to transport, from room to room or from house to house. I could easily fold it up and carry it from room to room so that our daughter could always be near me. And when we went to my mom's and she hated the pack n play we had there we just folded this up, tossed it in the car and took it with us. It was also super easy to clean, just pop off the mattress part and toss it in the wash.
There was a recall on the Rock n Play a few months ago and I really hope that doesn't scare people away from it. From what I understand people were not properly cleaning their Rock n Play's after the mattress part got wet for one reason or another. To put it bluntly I think that any liquid associated with a baby that gets on the baby's bed needs to be removed from the bed. I would think that wouldn't be an issue but apparently it was and it meant that mold would grow between the mattress and the firm support part under it. I am sure that the new models have been modified so that this can't happen.

Shocked this was recalled.

Comments about Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper:

I must say, I'm very shocked that this sleeper was recalled. I bought one with my first child and this item was a blessing. It was able to move it around the entire house. When I wasn't using it, I could fold it flat and put it in the closet or under our bed. He slept so comfortably. I loved that the sides were mesh so if he moved his head he could breath. The top piece came out so it could be washed and I always put a small thing of wipes and a diaper in the pocket on the back so I could change him in the middle of the night. I bought another one of these when I found out I was pregnant again. I now have a 6 month old baby now who is still only 10-12 lbs (because of his heart defects he doesn't gain much weight.) and he still is able to sleep in this. He is also delayed with body movements (before anyone says he will fall out of it.) When my first son was born we didn't have a carrier car seat so we would take this with us when we went out to eat and he slept the entire time. I'm bummed this is recalled, I would have recommended it to moms.

Great product for a new baby

Comments about Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper:

This is one of my favorite products for a baby between the age of 0-6 months. This is great to use as a cosleeper and folds up nice and compactly for on the go. I love that if we need to spend the night somewhere other than our home with our baby that she will still have her own bed that she is used to sleeping in. It really isn't a play toy, much more of a sleeping space for our use, but it is very useful for that purpose. Those this was recalled, it was recalled not for injury to babies, but for owners not letting the seat dry properly when washed. So take care of this seat and you should have no problems at all. This is our fourth child and it would have been so nice to have with our first 3. I debated a long time about purchasing it and I am so glad I made the decision to buy it. Our child loves it and sleeps really well in it. I love that I can easily move it to whichever room I am in so she can be sleeping near me even if I am working in the kitchen or in the office. I highly recommend this product!

The best way to get some sleep!

Comments about Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper:

My baby loved this - slept the best he ever has. Would highly recommend!! I couldn't find any bassinet that my son would use - this did the trick til he was able to sleep in crib. Also helped with acid reflux- I wouldn't have gotten half the sleep I did without it. Definitely an essential for any family with an infant

Best product ever!

Comments about Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper:

This is the best baby product ever made. I love the portability of it and I honestly never used a pack n play because of this. This is a great product for when your baby has a cold and needs to be elevated. I also took it with me when we traveled and my baby slept in it until about 10 months old. It has now been through two friends who desparately needed it and is still going strong 2 years later. This is the best value for your money.

Oh and it was only "recalled" to notify parents to check for mold in between the cushion and the frame. The cushion is removable and washable so if something is spilled out in, it can be easily clean, preventing mold from forming in the first place!

Rock n play made things so much easier!

Comments about Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper:

At the suggestion of two friends, we purchased a rock n play before our little one was born. It made things so much easier! When she stirred at night, it wiggled the rock n play just enough to sooth her back to sleep. It was so easy to move from the bedroom to the living room or just fold up and take to my in-laws. Super easy to wash, when needed. Overall, I can't say enough good things about this!

Moms BEST device

Comments about Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper:

The fisher price rock and sleeper. This product is hands down the best thing for moms today. My daughter slept in it till she was 6 months old. It gives the mom the ability to rock a child to sleep and not have to be holding the child. Its hammock shape holds the child and gives them a almost swaddled feeling. If there was one adjustment i would make with the product would be to have an attached vibration device. Thankfully some of the pack and play vibration devices fit on it which is a big help with fussy babies. Its easy to clean if the child spits up and folds up great for storage. I love this product and cant wait to use it again.

If you have a newborn, you need this!

Comments about Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper:

We received a rock n play sleeper at our baby shower and it has been an amazing thing to have around the house. Our baby slept in it from day one until around 5 months when he started rolling over. Had we not received it as a gift, we would have definitely purchased it. It is worth every penny!! Super easy to travel with as well!

Ridiculous recall

from Central Jersey

Comments about Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper:

I absolutely love this item! I wish I had had one with my first two children! It would have been a lifesaver. This allows baby to feel secure while sleeping in an upright position. Makes me feel comfortable as well since they are less likely to choke on their spit up this way. It is compact and folds for storage.
The recall was due to mold growing on it. Ridiculous. As with anything else, if your baby spits up, pees, or poops on something, it isn't rocket science, you need to clean it!
This is my number one suggestion for new moms to put on their registry. It is a lifesaver! Best baby product by far. (Now if only it would rock by itself...)
As for the flat head issue that I have seen complaints about. Your baby will get a flat head by laying on ANY surface for too long. This is why we hold our babies...I have used this the first 3 months with two kids and their heads are just fine. So what are you waiting for? Go get one ASAP!

Became a sleep saver

Comments about Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper:

When my son was born he just wanted to be held close but hated being swaddled up in a blanket. He would scream in the crib because it was too big. I received one of these for the baby shower and at first wasn't sure how much I would use it. Well, to my surprise.. I used it A LOT. He would sleep through the night in this. It was also very handy when we traveled because of space in the vehicle. The portability is great. I have since passed it to a friend who is also making great use of it. I suggest all moms to be and new moms add this to a gift registry.