View more baby swings

Fisher-Price Nature's Touch Papasn Cradle 'n Swing

Pros

Cons

• Features:

The Fisher Price Nature's Touch Cradle Swing frees my hands!

I purchased this Fisher Price Nature's Touch Cradle Swing while pregnant with my first daughter who is now 2 years old.  I was looking for a swing that would allow me to give the baby plenty of entertainment while also stimulating them.  At the same time I really needed something that would blend into my living area better as I knew that is where I would use it.  That is when I found the Fisher Price Nature't Tough Cradle Swing.

This swing is so great, first off it is in a natural print with lots of tans so it is very easy on the eyes.  The newer version of this swing has a darker fabric but is still quite wonderful.  My version has a much lighter fabric to it.  Next you add in that the fabric is all completely washable with just a few buckles.  The seat is in theory a bucket effect and it is the best.  It keeps even the most wiggly bottom down.  The seat has two adjustments, so that you can use it for larger babies as well.  I believe the weight limit is 25 pounds but I found my oldest did not want to be in it after that.  My 6 month old though regularly uses it for day time napping.

The mobile on it is just so cute, with little bugs, birds, and leaves that move up and down surrounding a round mirror.  The mirror is curved so that baby can see all around them.  Then there is my ver favorite aspect of the swing which is that the swing can go 2 directions, even the pickiest baby can be please with this feature.  It is really easy to flip, you just press one button and turn with the other hand.  There are 6 different speed settings so its easy to find the one just right for the size and temperment of your baby.  My oldest always had it swinging faster, where my 6 month old can be going pretty slow and be really happy.

I do wish that there where more sound options available as the only song that is available on mine has gotten very old very fast.  There are some nature sounds available but they just seem so boring to my girls.  This model only has a battery option.  I wish that I had a swing that used electricity as battery's get quite expensive.  I also wich the legs didn't take up quite so much room, but at the same time the spreading of the legs allows for greater safety.

Overall I LOVE this swing as other swings of this style.  I recommend the Fisher Price Nature's Cradle Swing to all mom's to be I know.  I do so becuase of its easy use, great look, and moderate price.  It is not super expensive, yet really does help with chores so much.  With a 2 year old and 6 month old with me all the time this really is the only way I can get things done.

My baby was always slumping or falling out of it

I had high hopes for this swing, having heard how its side to side motion helps calm babies. I had another swing, a "regular" chair-type one, and my daughter was too slumpy to use it before she was 4-5 months or so, so I thought I would get this one for my 1-month old son this time around. Even though it looks like a papasan, it's still a chair of sorts that requires a baby to be able to sit up somewhat. My son would slump forward in it all the time. Then we tried putting a pillow under his butt to make him lay more "flat" and that worked better; however, it rendered the seatbelt useless, but the tray still worked to contain him. The headrest never seemed to make him comfortable--in the high position, it made his head lean forward, and in the low position, he ended up slumping sideways. And wouldn't you know it, he didn't like the side to side motion and preferred the regular forward to back motion. At about 2.5 months, I stuck him in our regular swing and found that he did much better in it. He could rest against the sides of the swing chair while he slept and didn't slump any which way. So I know this swing works good for a lot of people, but we did not have a good experience with it.

This swing was a great soother.

Comments about Fisher-Price Nature's Touch Papasn Cradle 'n Swing:

I got this swing from a second hand store. My son loved it at first and would sit in it for ever if I had let him. Then as it wasn't new anymore, he started to lose interest. I was sad because I really loved the swing. Only bad part about it was that it was terrible on batteries. I had to change them (4 D batteries) about once every 2 weeks. It got really Expensive. THe dome mirror above the baby really let them see themselves and a lot going on around them. The swing had many different types of sound and music options. (birds chirping, music ECT.) The swing also could swing from front to back, or side to side. My son only liked the side to side option. The legs folded in if you ever wanted to store it in the closet or whatever. We just kept it out at the end of the couch. It doesn't look tacky or anything like that. If my son was screaming, we could put him in the swing and within a minute is was relaxed and cooing again. The tray had a few toys to play with on there, nothing too special, my little one just slapped the tray around really. Overall this was a good purchase and I would consider getting another if I have another baby one day.

• Features:

love it but eats batteries

Comments about Fisher-Price Nature's Touch Papasn Cradle 'n Swing:

This swing has lasted 6 years and 4 different children and still works good. I originally bought this swing 6 years ago for my son and loved it then, my sister-in-law used it for her 2 kids and now I'm using it for my daughter. Things i love about this swing are that the motor on this swing isn't too loud, it is entertaining to children, and has many features. Things I don't like about this swing is that it eats batteries. I have to change them every 3 weeks. Also my swing had a slight titling problem so i had to get a repair kit from Fisher Price. This swing is also large so is not good for small places.

Versatility
Very vesatile!

I bought it in 2006 and its still working good.

This swing is very simple to use.

Safety
My swing had a tilt problem and I think there should be a 5 point harness seat belt on it.

Features
Theres a good amount of features but I've seems swings with better ones.

Love this swing!

Comments about Fisher-Price Nature's Touch Papasn Cradle 'n Swing:

My baby LOVES this swing. She hated the bouncer we bought and had a hard time napping during the day. The first time we put her in this she napped for 3hrs! She loves looking at the mirror and toys and hearing the music.

Versatility
Swings both forward and back and side to side. We prefer the side to side.

Very simple to use and extremely easy to put together unlike many other baby items.

Features
I love that it swings in two directions. I also love the mirror with the toys - a lot of swings have the toys but rarely the mirrors.

• Features:

Gentle swing that baby enjoyed

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Nature's Touch Papasn Cradle 'n Swing:

I used this swing with my son and he seemed to enjoy it.  I liked that you could choose move him back and forth or side to side.  He seemed to like looking at the little toys above his head and especially seemed interested in his reflection in the mirrored surface above his head.  The swing was pretty easy to put together, but took up a bit of space.  The footprint is larger than the swing itself, so we had to clear out a little more room than  anticipated for it.  It is nice that it is battery operated, so you can move it outside or elsewhere easily.  However, I would have liked it to also have an AC adapter option to save on batteries. We seemed to go through rechargeable batteries frequently enough with the use of the swing.  The swing was a little noisy too, but I suppose anything rocking back and forth would be.  It creaked here and there.  But overall, it was a good buy and I will use it again with the next baby.

Fisher Price Papasan swing is great!

from Portage, MI

Comments about Fisher-Price Nature's Touch Papasn Cradle 'n Swing:

The Fisher Price natures Touch papasan swing is the best swing I have ever used for any of my baby's. It is so nice and soft and baby feels nice and comfortable in all the soft cuddley fleece. The music is ok, but we love the nature sounds setting on it. The overhead butterflies and birds that rotate give baby something fun to look at while swinging. It also has a mirror that baby can look up and see their own reflection in which always makes my baby smile.

I have only used this swing in the side to side swinging mode and it does tend to swing fairly high even with it only set on the first setting. I have never cranked this up to above the second setting unless the batteries were getting dull. I put a blanket that drags a little bit over my baby which makes the swing slow down just a little and that seems to work very well.

I would recommend the swing to anyone keeping in mind that you might have to figure out a way toslow it down a little if your baby isn't much for a big huge swinging motion.

Soothing and Comfortable for baby!

from Bryan, OH

Comments about Fisher-Price Nature's Touch Papasn Cradle 'n Swing:

The Fisher Price Natures Touch Papasan Cradle Swing has been a wonderful thing for our family.  We just welcomed our second child in November and the swing has once again been used on a daily basis!  We received this swing from a friend to use on our first child- we had purchased a Boppy travel swing for her, which she did not like.  It positioned her awkwardly and she fussed while in it.  When we first put her in this swing, she loved it!  It was very comfortable for her to lie in and she really enjoyed the mobile to look at.  We have had the same experience with our son now- he loves to swing.  I love the fact that this swing has multiple positions, one for a newborn to lie back completely, then one for when the child is older and wants to sit up a bit, and then a third that will sit the child up even further.  The music is very soothing and the mirror feature on the mobile is nice too.  The only downside is the size- it is not compact and takes up a fair amt of room.  Overall, i would give this high marks and recommend this swing to others!

Fisher Price Cradle Swing saves the sanity of a new mom!

from Round Rock, TX

Comments about Fisher-Price Nature's Touch Papasn Cradle 'n Swing:

The Fisher Price Nature's Touch Papasan Cradle Swing is the single best baby item that I got for our new baby. At first our baby wasn't too impressed with the swing as I think it was too much of a sensory overload, but now he can spend an hour or two swinging blissfully away while I do chores around the house. The colors are very nice and soothing as well, and the little toys that twirl around at the top are cute and captivate my baby. It is still going strong on its first set of batteries (4 D batteries) six weeks later, which was a pleasant surprise as it doesn't have the option to plug into an outlet. The songs are typical baby fare, but the nature sounds are nice to listen to and not quite so annoying when played over and over. The cover is easy to wash (just throw it in the washer) and the fabric is sturdy and soft. Our baby likes the side to side motion the best, which is good as the front to back motion seems to throw his head forward too much for my comfort (has made him bury his face in a blanket before - scary!). All in all it is a fantatic baby item!

Good swing with lots of features

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Fisher-Price Nature's Touch Papasn Cradle 'n Swing:

I bought the Papasan swing for my kid when he was a few months old. He seemed to like swinging in it and it was a good place to keep him entertained for a little while but unfortunately he did not like staying in it for long periods. I had friends who's kids would fall asleep in their swings but not my kid. I guess it depends on the kid.

As for the swing, the side to side as well as forward backward rocking feature was great. It kept it more interesting since you could change things a bit. The toys above and on the tray are pretty standard, held the baby's interest for a little while. The head pillow and the reclining features are great too. Also, you can control the sped but very often at the highest setting I found it to be a bit wobbly and shaky. It was easy enough to assemble and disassemble but you need the special lever that comes with it for the screws, so make sure you save it in a safe place.

• Features:

Great swing for small babies

from Dickson, TN

Comments about Fisher-Price Nature's Touch Papasn Cradle 'n Swing:

I received this swing as a hand-me-down from a friend of mine. I was looking forward to using it with my newborn, since my daughter had loved her swing so much. I'm not sure if it is the swing or just my son but he doesn't like it that much.

It is wonderful for newborns. The swing is very cushiony and has great head support. I like that it can swing several different ways, though I haven't used any but the one. It has a good range of speeds so you can use it as the baby gets bigger and needs a faster speed.

What I don't like is that the base is huge. It's legs spread so far apart that you have a large space to put it in. While I like the sounds it makes, the toys are uninteresting. I feel like my son gets bored looking up at the pastel colors.

The battery life is VERY short. It runs out of batteries very quickly and I wish that there was a plug or something for it.

All in all this is a great first swing, but we will have to invest in another one when my son gets a little bigger.

swinging in the swing

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Fisher-Price Nature's Touch Papasn Cradle 'n Swing:

This is one of the best swings that Grandma could have! It is wonderful. I have used this for two grandchildren and they both just loved it.
It is super nice and the birds go around and around, it plays music, and swings!