4.8

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home

4.8

Pros

Cons

Hours of fun for a curious little one!

I knew nothing about this product and just happened to see it at a garage sale for a really great price. I bought it for my 9 month old and she immediatly became attached to it. When she was still crawling and cruising, she went through the door a billion times within a few minutes or would just sit and play with the flower, the dog bowl, the window, doorbell, etc. Once she began actually walking, she was more interested in the clock and numbers and the shapes on the top, but then she'll fall (we're still working on our balance) and rediscover all of the things she first loved about this toy. The fact that it has two sides is great because when she crawls through the door, it is like a totally different toy on the other side and more for her to explore.

The only negative is that the shapes are constantly being taken out and my daughter holds them in her hand while she walks around the house, so they are never with the house.

If I had not picked this up at a garage sale for super cheap, I would have bought it on my own for whatever they ask retail because there is just so much to keep a little one entertained! Also, there is a barn that is very similar to this house that a friend has and it is great as well!

Laugh & Learn Learning Home is okay- if you're in to big toys...

My kids (20 months, 4 years) played with this for a while,  but it simply wasn' t that exciting to them.  Most of Fisher Price toys get well-loved at this house, but this was an exception.

Perhaps it would be more interesting for girls than boys?  They like the mailbox okay, but we have other mailbox toys that have gotten much more use.  They pretended to go in and out the door like it was "their" own house.

I think the thing is so big and bulky, unless you really have a kid that is really interested in playing pretend house and you want to throw some educational fun into that, you should look for something else.  Even then, cardboard boxes can be great playhomes for a few days before heading to the recycle bin.

Also it seems like every kid already has at least one shape sorter.  How many do they need?  And we own a mailbox toy already, but if you didn't, a shoebox would work just fine for a week or so with some tape and scissors.

I think this toy is cute, but its so big it would only look cute in the kid's room or playroom.  We took the batteries out.

It does seem durable and I like how both boys (or more) could probably all play at different parts of it at the same time....would they really?  I don't know- you know how kids always want to play with the toy the OTHER kid has?

One awesome play house for toddlers

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home:

My daughter received this as a gift years ago and loved it. No only did it teach her how to coordinate her shapes but it also teaches them eye hand coordination, such as how to open the door. There is a light switch that will teach them how to turn off and on lights. The sun and moon dial is interactive and when you turn it, it will say whether it is night or day, teaching them how to differentiate between the two. There is a window that when it is opened or closed it will say so: which also teaches your child the difference between the two. On the other side there is a mailbox which is also interactive and it also teaches the process of opening and closing the mailbox as well as how to put the mail in the mailbox. On the side there is a little gutter to where you can drop the ball in and it will spit out at the bottom. Again this also teaches eye and hand coordination. I would recommend this to any parent of toddlers. My child is four now and has a younger sister and they still play with this thing.

Fabulous Toy!

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home:

My children received this toy with they were just under a year old. Even two years later, they still love to play with the Fisher Price Learning Home. There are a variety of activities that allow multiple children to play at the same time. There are several songs that play with catchy tunes that teach numbers, colors and letters. The children loved to open the door and climb through over and over again. The accessories that come with the house add so much play value to the Learning Home. If necessary, you can purchase replacement parts directly from Fisher Price. One thing I love about Fisher Price is the durability of their toys. This is no exception. The house is very sturdy and allowed my children to pull up on it as they were learning to stand and walk. I would highly recommend this toy for babies who are just sitting up all the way through children who are walking and talking. It's just so much fun!

LOVE LOVE LOVE This House!

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home:

This house is fun for all ages. My child has had it since they were little. Now he is 3 years old and he still won't let me get rid of it! He truly plays with it everyday. It's great for imagination play, not to mention it teaches them time, shape sorting, has a fun mailbox, and a ton of fun sounds and songs! Kids seem to really enjoy the doorbell, sliding window, and being able to crawl through the door.

One of the best toys ever!

from Tarentum, PA

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home:

I have been really happy with most of the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn toys. This is by far, the best one though. Though this toy is fading and becoming more and more difficult to find, it is well worth the price you are going to pay. It is a very durable and very well made product. And it has lots to do for your little one. This toy is extremely educational, as it teaches a number of things. It has sing-a-long songs (one being the alphabet to teach letters), your child can drop balls in rain spout to learn counting, you can spin the house numbers and move dials on the clock, it also teaches opposites such as up & down, on & off, open & close, day & nights, and there is a shape sorter on the door to learn shapes and colors. Like I said, it's a very educational toy that provides lots of entertainment for your child. The music is not so annoying either, which is a huge bonus. Now, I don't know if they still offer this, but the Fisher Price website used to offer a replacement package for this product. It wasn't that expensive, but it is basically all the smaller parts of the product. You can order them, if you end up losing pieces some where down the line. Which with children, it is quite common. I really liked that they offered that. I would definitely recommend this toy over any other toy on the market!

Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Home is a favorite toy amongst my t

from Carmel, IN

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home:

My children both love this toy and they are almost 3 years apart. My oldest still loves to play with it with his little brother. My oldest got the toy at first when he was only six months old and when I opened up the window and the dog started barking, he started laughing. The door opens and closes. it comes with shapes. There are numbers on the top that spin. It has a radio that plays music, plays songs. There is a place for a ball to go on the side where the purple is and my children love it when you put a ball down the purple tube and the house plays, "Itsy Bitsy Spider." There is a mailbox with mail and a key for the door that you can turn. There is also a light that you can turn on and off with an actual light that turns on and off when the children flip the switch. There is also a sun/moon that turns on the top of the house. Of all of the Fisher Price toys, this is probably a favorite.

Such a fun toy

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home:

I bought this for my son for his first birthday. I was a little hesitant to spend so much money on one toy, but so glad I did. He loves it and play with it a lot. It teaches letters, numbers, opposites, and shapes. It sings, talks, lights up and is a lot of fun. When ever we have kids over they always want to play with it. Great toy.

robust learning toy.

from Stone Mountain, GA

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home:

We purchased the fisher-price laugh and learn learning home for our first child. He loved it, especially all the songs from the radio. It provides many learning opportunities - counting, colours, telling the time, open and closed, shapes, on and off etc... It is now being played with by our third child and still going strong. Big thumbs up from our family.

Best toy ever for infant to toddler!

from Summerville, SC

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home:

We bought this for my daughter's first Christmas. She was only 3 months old at the time, but by 6 months, she was sitting up and playing with some of the features and never stopped! She's now 2 and STILL plays with this house on a regular basis. It's one of the few toys that she has that she has consistently played with and I recommend it to friends and family with small children all the time.

Perfect for babies and preschoolers.

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home:

This is the best toy EVER. It kept my kids busy from the time they could sit up on their own (6 months) until they were in Kindergarten (5). It is the perfect indoor playhouse. It has many songs, doesn't take up a lot of space, an is educational. The batteries last forever. This toy will last your family a long time.

Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home is a great toy!

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home:

This toy is great because it has so many uses to it. It has a shape sorter, a "tunnel" or door to crawl through, switches, a mail box, a ball that drops down the side, a changeable clock. It provides hours of entertainment. The one thing about it is the flower that you see was broken off of our pretty easily. That is why I only gave it 4 stars. Really, the flower wasn't played with much anyway, so the toy is still going strong for us.