Other Musical Toys:
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano

Pros

Cons

My husband might just steal this from my nephew!

My nephew is about 1.5 years old and he loves toys that make music... and when he started playing with his new **Baby Grand Piano**, I could tell he would be loving this toy for a long time!  Not only did he play with it for awhile, but so did I before my husband started playing with it too!  It seems this toy is irresistible.

**The Baby Grand Piano is like a miniature piano!**  It has 8 numbered keys that are all different colors.  The only sad part about that is my nephews favorite number is 9!  He keeps looking at the 6 upside down though and saying "NINE" so he seems fine with it :)  The 8 keys represent different notes and go up the scale just like a real piano would.  In the back there are various attachments for the child to play with, because we all know kids get distracted and need variety.  My nephew goes back and forth between the keys at the front and the gadgets at the back.  Finally, the piano has some "sheet music" attached and if you play the songs by following the numbers you'll hear *Row Row Row Your Boat, Itsy Bitsy Spider* and *Twinkle Twinkle Littler Star*.  They only have enough notes displayed to play the first line or so, but it's still recognizable and fun.  My nephew isn't old enough to do play these songs yet, but we are and he enjoys listening to it.

**The Baby Grand Piano has various modes of play.**  My nephew has fun just turning it on and off, but there are 3 different settings he can turn it on to.  All the settings do something different to keep the kid interested and learning all the time.  The first setting is pure learning and depending on what page you have the sheet music turned to it changes the way the keys react.  One page makes the keys so a lady will sing the number as you hit it.  The other page makes her sing the color of the key, and the final page makes her sing Do, Ra, Mi.  I thought it was so cute how she didn't just say the number but actually sang it in the appropriate note going up the scale through the numbers.  My nephew has plenty of things to learn with this one toy.

The other setting is music and all it does is play a song when he hits a key.  This is the simple setting for when he just wants to dance to the music!  The final setting is notes and basically makes the piano work like a piano playing 8 different notes.  That is the setting you need in order to play the sheet music songs.  Of all the settings, my nephew seems to like the notes one the best right now, probably because he is still too young to know all his numbers or colors.  I was slowly introducing him to the learning setting and he stayed interested at least enough to hear 1-8 or all the colors, but as he gets older, I can see him playing with the learning settings more and more.

**This toy says it is for 9-36 months, but I'd say it's for 12months and up.**  the toy is a bit high up so the child should be able to stand in order to play with it, and a 9 month old may not be stable enough.  It depends on your kid though so it wouldn't hurt to get it early!  As I stated, my nephew is almost 1.5 years old and he is really excited about it.  I can see the toy lasting until he is 3 or even older since it has all the learning aspects he can play with later on.  Also, with me and my husband fighting over it, you can see it's a fun distraction no matter how old you are!!  I played the piano growing up and this toy made me wish I would get back into that so I could play more little songs on the Baby Grand.

**The only warning would be to watch your kid around it.**  While we find it super cute when my nephew tries to play the music by sitting on the keys... we worry when he tries to climb up on it.  I don't know why he is always trying to climb on it!  Maybe he wants to play with the piano with his feet.  I just distract him and prevent him from climbing up and he ends up standing there playing for awhile, or turning around and sitting on it with a big smile on his face.  So you can see if you have a younger kid, you should be nearby while he plays with this.

**The Baby Grand Piano is a super cute toy that will entertain everyone for hours.**  So far, my nephew isn't at all bored with it.  He might walk away from it for awhile, but he comes back to it over and over.  It's stable enough to leave in the room standing for him to come back to whenever he wants.  I'd recommend this to any parent who wants there kid to start learning more about music, counting and colors while having fun at the same time.  Who knows, your kid may just be inspired enough to play a real piano when they get older.  Enjoy!!

its fun but hard to use for little ones who don't stand yet

The piano is great and I love that it makes alot of different sounds and songs and when my little one gets older she can follow the song book. My only complaint is that the legs on it might make it look cute but not practicle. I like to sit her in a bumbo seat and let her play since if she sits in the floor its to tall but when in her seat her legs won't fit under the legs so then its to far away. It either needs to have adjustable legs or maybe four legs instead of three to make it easier to put legs underneath.

Great for toddlers!

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano:

While we have other musical toys for more of the baby age, we decided to purchase the Baby Grand Piano after my two children started fighting over the first one! This is great for the toddler in your family. It offers more keys for them to hit and allows them to sit up and play as well. The flip book is nice too because they can change the music.

GREAT TOY!

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano:

my baby loves this piano! I got it as a gift, she is now 6 months but started playing with it when she was 3 months old. she loves the colorful lights on the keys. I love it because it has 3 different settings with i believe 4 options. one setting she can learn to count! you turn the page and she can learn the colors, you turn again and she can learn " ro re me fa so" when you change that setting she can play on her own, and another setting plays, twinkle little star, turn the page, itsy bitsy spider, turn again and another song! I LOVE IT< She entertains her self so much I wish I could upload a video of her playing! I would have bought this myself since its such a great toy, and it will surely last her a few years! not only the piano keys have music but the green music note also has sounds and more music! it plays slow and fast music! BUY IT! You wont be disappointed your baby will have so much fun, and you will get some free time after she/he has played and used up so much energy

great little music table

from Stone Mountain, GA

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano:

our two year old son received the fisher-price laugh and learn baby grand piano as a birthday present. it was very easy to put together and is very sturdy and robust (it has been upside down several times already). the toy has many different functions. we love that not only does it play music but also helps with counting and colours. our son loves this and likes to pretend he is playing music and singing into the microphone. our four year old also enjoys playing with this especially since he can actually sing along with the well-know songs that the piano plays. we will hopefully be able to reuse this toy for our new baby too.

Fun and Functional!

from Saint Cloud, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano:

Our kid got this for her 1st birthday as a present. The quality quality and the games are remarkable. This is one toy any child should have for them to enjoy and be more exposed to music and sound. When it comes to toys like this, look around to find good deals. She has been playing with this for more than 2 years now and still loving it. The stand are very sturdy that it can take the babies weight without waddling. We love fisher-price toys and games and they surely think of the usefulness and durability with their toys. The colors are neutral. The battery last long with this toy too.
This is one piano that can be pass on to new babies in the family. Enjoy!

One of the best toys we ever bought!

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano:

We bought this piano when my oldest daughter was about nine months old. She had baby toys, but she was getting tot the point where she could do more than just chew on toys. She loved the piano instantly, and so did we! I love that there is a full scale on the keyboard, so you can actually play many fill songs (some toy pianos only have a few keys). I also love all the different settings ... each setting has different features when you press all the buttons, so we were constantly discovering new things this piano could do. It shows kids about tempo and volume and notes. We also loved that it taught not just music, but numbers and colors. What's better, my daughter is now 5 and she STILL plays on the piano. She now reads the music on the pages of the book and plays the songs, and has practiced enough that she can play full songs on her own! I think this is one of the only toys we own that has lasted us this long, and that still gets constant use in our house.

Music is Fun!

from Davenport, WA

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano:

My 1 year old daughter received this toy from you grandparents and loves it.  We had to travel quite a ways after she opened it and we left the legs off for the trip home.  She was happy to have such a fun toy to play with in the car.  Now that we have it set up at home she goes back to it time after time during the day.  The sound quality is very good.  Plus she can work on her ABC's.  Another fun feature is the top of the piano has many fun activities.

Your little Mozart will love this

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano:

My little girl is a musician at heart she adores music, likes to dance and loves this piano! And I love that it's not that loud, when you adjust the volume.I am a number one fan of educational toys and this one does everything but the alphabet while incorporting her favorite pasttime!

Sweet toy with lots to do.

from Robertsdale, AL

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano:

My toddler plays with this toy daily. With different levels of interaction it always seems like something new. We've had it for several months and it's never gotten old.  The music is not annoying as with some toys, and the sound effects are complimentary.

Keeps my 18-month-old engaged for longer than any other toy!

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano:

This toy was a gift that I had seen but not really considered for my son.  As soon as he saw it, however, it became his favorite toy.  The lights are attractive, and the music is simple and engaging.  On the "music" setting, the piano starts to play a nursery rhyme as soon as the baby presses a key - but it stops a few notes in unless the baby continues to play.  My son figured this out easily, and stands beside the piano so he can dance to the music but still be close enough to press the keys to keep it going.  There are a myriad of effects for kids to explore - one toddler-hand-friendly switch changes the octave of the song being sung from high to low, even in mid-song.  Another lever produces a drum riff or orchestral snippet depending on the toy's mode.  I was astounded at how much fun he had with this toy, and at how long it has remained a favorite of his.  Highly, highly recommended.

Perfect for our budding Mozart!

from Shawnee, OK

Comments about Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano:

The Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Piano is wonderful!  It was given to us as a hand-me-down when my daughter was only six months old.  Even at such a young age, she loved it!  She would happily sit, pounding her hands on the keys.  Now, at nearly a year, it's still a hit!  When I pull it out, she'll try every button, flip the pages of the "song book" on her own, experimenting with the different songs it plays, she sings along, dances, bobs her head.  It's the one toy I can pull out and know it will entertain her for at least an hour.  I also enjoy sitting with her, changing the modes from music to education to free play.

I'm hoping, as she gets older, the educational aspect of it will be something that helps her.  It has the option for learning numbers, colors or notes on the musical scale.  Right now these don't mean much to my daughter, but it is fun for me to watch her try to match the colors (she loves to match things!).

There is only one very minor issue I have with this toy.  Being the nature of the toy, it is somewhat bulky and, thus, difficult to store.  Thus, if you don't have much extra space, it might not be something you would want sitting in the middle of the floor all the time.

Overall, I would most definitely reccommend this as a very entertaining toy for any toddler.