View more bouncers

Fisher-Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer

Pros

Cons

Fisher Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer last a long time

I absolutely love the Fisher Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer!  I recieved this used when my son was born.  She used this bouncer with her daughter two years earlier and loved it that she gave it to me to use.  My son is turning four years old so, this bouncer is over six years old.  My son loved it!!  The lights kept his attention and gave me time to get stuff around the house done.  Although he really didn't care for the music, it worked lovely.  It gave me a kick to watch him because once he figured it out, he would just kick away!  My son enjoyed this well into his eighth month (he was a bit smaller in size compared to other kids).  Soon after I decided to start watching another baby for a friend of mine.  Her son also used the Kick and Play and enjoyed it as well.  I than passed it on to my sisters baby to use and well he didn't really care much for it but, he didn't ever want to be put down.  So, in the 6 years since it has been out of the box, it has gone through 4 children and get this...it still works great and it is still running on the same BATTERIES!!!

The Kick and Play Bouncer is "ok" but could be improved upon

The bouncer part of this toy is great, but the "kick" function and the toy bar are very disappointing. First the "kick" part on ours has not been very functional. When our daughter gets excited and "kicks" her feet nothing happens. I have to push fairly forcible on the kick pad to get a response. The toy bar has three toys that hang down and a brightly colored bar that faces OUT...the speaker is pointed to the baby and is quite loud. Aside from it being loud, it's not entertaining, no bright colors facing the main part of the back side of the bar, just the speaker holes. The toys that hang down are rather dull and do not attract the interest of our daughter. We usually just remove it. I also find the cover of the seat rather difficult to remove for changing batteries (that even without being used to power the toy bar -- it has it's own batteries -- and they are not the same size as the seat takes) run down very quickly. Without the bar the bouncy is just "average" in my opinion. It is not something I would pick for myself, but it was a gift. I do not recommend this particular bouncy, but I do think the bouncy seat is a fantastic toy for babies.

LOVE this bouncer!! A must have for all parents!

from Buffalo, MN

Comments about Fisher-Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer:

I absolutely LOVE this bouncer!!! It has been the favorite for all 3 kids. It is not just a chair but also a toy. The baby is able to kick their feet which sets off lights, sounds, and songs. They can also kick at the toys hanging from above. The chair also has calming vibrations. There is a setting for "play" where the baby can set off the lights, sounds, and songs. There is also a setting that allows the music and lights to go on their own. We have 3 bouncers and this is always the favorite. Can't say enough about this chair. They are also very comfortable, or appear to be as all our kids have spent many hours sleeping in the chair after their playtime. Nice to have an option to put them in a chair while cooking or cleaning and they can entertain themselves for awhile so I can get some things done during the day.

Fisher Price's classic bouncer is a must-have!

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Fisher-Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer:

I registered for the Fisher Price Kick and Play bouncer when I was pregnant with my first child. I used it often when she was little, it was so nice to have a secure, safe, and fun seat for her when I was getting some work done! The seat is very easy to put together and has a cute, removable cover which is easy to wash. As baby kicks and wiggles, lights and sounds can play... or you can turn on a song on its own. My daughter LOVED the hanging toys and her reaction to making the seat play music and make fun sounds was priceless. When she outgrew it we were all sad! I packed it up and later brought it out again when I had my second child. What a lifesaver! As a second child, he had to be more portable and hang out at times when big sister was doing things. He loved the bouncer as much as his sister did! And it became a real lifesaver during his long bout with horrible reflux. Flat naps were rough, so much of his napping was done in this bouncer! I recommend this to every parent, a great value and you will be so happy you have it!!

Versatility
Great bouncer, worked from early days through early toddler-hood.

Lasted well through two kids and passed on to a cousin, too!

Easy peasy!

Safety
baby is very secure.

Features
lots of nice features.

Good Basic Bouncer

from Vero Beach, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer:

The Fisher-Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer was our choice for a bouncer seat for our first son, and then was passed on to our second.  It is a pretty basic model but worked really well.  It is not really made for newborns, but we started using it around 2 months.  There are other Fisher Price models that seem made for newborns - the main difference being more padding for the little ones.  This model is easily transportable, so you can take it from room to room...I would put my son in the bouncer and place it just outside the shower door while I took a shower.  The vibration function came in very handy - definitely seemed to work for soothing/distraction.  I don't think the foot operation for the lights and music ever worked for our sons...by the time they were old enough to hit those spots hard enough, they had outgrown the seat.  The lights and toys are a nice addition, but again by the time they were old enough to play with them, they were too big for the seat.  The toy bar is removable, and we kept it off most of the time.

The Fisher Price Kick and Play Bouncer combines safety and fun

from Hanover, PA

Comments about Fisher-Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer:

I really liked the Fisher Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer.  It had the ability to change and different times according to what features were wanted.  The seatbelt system was good for little babies.  It has a belt that goes between the legs and across the waist.  When baby is able to push up with his or her legs it is time to use something else because it is possible to push themselves out through the top (my son was about 10 months old).  The vibration feature is nice because it can be turned on or off depending on what baby likes.  When baby kicks the bottom there are lights and sounds on the arch to reward his actions.  I also liked that the arch can easily be removed if the situation warrants.  For example when we started jar foods I would put him in this seat next to me on the couch and it made for easy feeding and provided an extra step between fed in my arms and moving to the highchair.  The quality of this chair is great, very sturdy.  Definitely would recommend this one.

Versatility
Really didn't offer much versatility. Would have been nicer if toys could have moved from leg to head level.

It held up very well.

For the correct window. At first legs are too short to reach then before you know it they can climb out the top.

Safety
As stated in my review my son was able to push himself out the top by 10 months. A five point harness option would have allowed for longer use of product.

Features
Liked what was there but could have had more.

The best bouncer I've ever used!

from Morton, IL

Comments about Fisher-Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer:

The Fisher Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer is the best bouncer and activity seat for infants that I've had the pleasure of using.  It can be used simply as a bouncer, or with the activity bar to keep baby happy.  Has music and also makes a wonderful first feeding seat.  It folds down easily and doesn't take up much space to store or travel with.  Wonderful bouncer for first time or experienced parents.

Keeps Baby Occupied

from Ramseur, NC

Comments about Fisher-Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer:

I actually bought this as a used item but it was still in great condition.  My son has used this since he was 1 week old and he has loved it the whole time.  He's 6 months now so he's kind of growing out of it but when he was younger I was able to put him in it and he would play while I worked around the house.  He loved the lights and music, but the vibration option really did not do too much.  Overall, I really am pleased with this bouncer.

both kids loved the bouncer

from Albany, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer:

We bought one of these (used) for my daughter.  She absolutely loved it...especially that when she kicked she could make the noise and lights go.  When we were done we passed it on to my sister and her kids loved it.  We ended up not getting that one back, so bought about one used.  Our second one is pretty noisy when it vibrates if the batteries are brand new...but it's been well loved by now, so I don't think that's a big problem in general.  Our son loves it.  He's a tall kid, so he has no trouble reaching the toys and he's only 4 months.

kickin' fun for babies

from Muskego, WI

Comments about Fisher-Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer:

Both my boys loved this toy.  They loved the kicking activated noises and music. I loved the vibrate option, as it soothed both my boys instantly if they were fussy when nothing else worked. Two things I didn't like --- the toys can't be reached or removed and my BIG boys grew out of this toy quickly.

after 5 years, still works great!

from Sioux Falls, SD

Comments about Fisher-Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer:

I recently had another baby, after 5 years (my first child) this bouncer still works great!!!  Once he moves his legs, the music/lights fun begin!  He love it!  The toys are very hard to reach. If he is not strapped in, he will slide down and out the bouncer. I do like that it's not very bouncy b/c his sister tries to sling-shot him out!  The fabric is easy to clean, although it's faded a little!

This chair was a lifesaver!

from Cookstown, NJ

Comments about Fisher-Price Kick and Play Baby Bouncer:

This was the only thing my daughter would sit in from birth to about 7 months!! No swings, no saucers, nothing! only this chair. as a matter of fact she slept in it too! My husband was in and out of the hospital with cancer for about 4 months and being a new mom at home with a new baby, i wanted her close to me but she was too big for a bassinet so i let her sleep in this chair. she loved it! and i got some sleep!