View more booster seats

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Every parent I know loves the Healthy Care Booster Seat.

The only reason I don't take the Healthy Care Booster everywhere my two-year-old and I go is because most people I know with toddlers in their lives already own one. The booster is perfect for taking to restaurants, friends' and relatives homes, outdoor picnics, and even as an unobtrusive alternative to a high chair in the home. My little HRH uses a Stokke Kinderzeat to eat at the table with me at home, but I wish I'd known about Fisher-Price's excellent booster when she was novice to solids. For children old enough to sit unassisted, virtually any chair with a back can be a high chair if the booster is strapped to it and the tray attached.

For home use, my favorite thing about the booster is if you are short on space (or just refuse to let baby gear take over your house) you can leave this strapped to one of your dining chairs and push it against the table. It disappears and most people won't even notice it's there. When on the go, the light weight and various straps make it easy to tote, and I've yet to find a chair in a home or restaurant that was not workable. This is important to me, because one of the few areas where I am strict is table manners. I don't let HRH walk around with food in her hands or eat in the car; all snacks and meals take place at the table, with utensils, and while sitting like a lady (kind of). Having an easily portable chair with a tray helps me to keep her training consistent. After a meal is done, I can snap the cover over the tray and wash it in the sink or dishwasher when I get home.

Although it will fit on any chair, be careful of attaching this to tall barstools or anything easily tippable. Children eating from the table can push off of it and rock backward. Hook-on chairs are safer in this way, but much less versatile. If you give chairs a push-test and supervise meals, I don't feel it is something to be too anxious about. The lap harness keeps antsy toddlers securely in the chair and sitting on their bottoms.

HRH's grandparents care for her five days a week, and she eats all her meals in this booster seat at their house. It's a great alternative to a high chair, and a good addition to any family looking for a portable feeding chair.

Easy to transport

This high chair is certainly very portable. The tray snaps on backwards when you need to throw it in the car to go someplace. It's very compact. Not really good for a toddler because the seat becomes a little too small. The only problem I had with this seat was the fact that the straps are not easily removeable for cleaning. It not only requires a drill to take the entire seat apart to get at the straps, I actually couldn't get at the strap near the crotch. I had to cut the strap off completely. Thankfully, my children are past the point of needing a strap and the booster sits on a chair that has armrests so they won't fall off. I really like the trays that come with this chair as I can just throw the white tray in the dishwasher. This chair is good for a child up until they are 2- 2 1/2 years old. Locking the chair in place can be a little tricky, but is still doable. Overall, I wouldn't buy this chair again or reccommend it to anyone else.

Basic seat that gets the job done with easy cleanup

Comments about Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat:

There is obviously nothing fancy about this booster seat, so if you're looking for something with style points then this isn't for you. However, we have two of these seats for our toddlers and they've definitely gotten the job done through a lot of abuse. The seat height is adjustable, which is nice to accommodate different table heights. And everything is plastic except the seat straps so clean up is as easy as wiping (or hosing) the seat down. Both the tray and the seat back clip off in case you need to do a deep down clean. The few things I've noticed after over a year of use are that the tray table and waist clips can definitely pinch little fingers since they're kind of hard to fasten. So you definitely want to do those for your little ones or help them. Also, I purchased seat protectors since we have these seats attached to wood chairs and I was noticing the seat straps rubbing on the wood.

• Safety:

One of the best purchases we made for our kid

from Newberg, OR

Comments about Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat:

I have no regrets about this seat. I did not want a large, bulky high chair in our small home when we had our first baby. We didn't have room for another chair and so we bought this since we could just attach it to one of our dining chairs. It was one of my favorite purchases for the baby. We got so much use of this. It was very easy to install, easy to clean and it even travels well. The trays can go through the dishwasher and the seat doesn't have fabric or crevices in it where food can get stuck. A quick wipe down is all it needs.

• Safety:

Great for families on the go

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat:

We got this as a gift at our baby shower well before our little one could use. We've used it countless times and keep it in the trunk of the car so we always have a clean fresh seating option for our daughter while out and about.

It folds out quickly and easily and straps to a chair in seconds. Even easy to accomplish while wrangling a toddler in the other hand. Cleans up quick and easy too!

• Safety:

Skip the high chair this seat is great!

from Lewisville, TX

Comments about Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat:

With our first son (now almost 6) we decided not to spend money on a high chair and try this booster seat instead. We loved it so much and found it to be so flexible and perfect for our needs that we bought one for our second son (now 3) as well. It's the only booster we have tried and the only one I would recommend!

It is flexible - easy to attach to any chair, gives you the freedom to take it to other locations because it does not take up much space.

Both boys say it is very comfortable! My 6 yr old likes sitting in his still but does not use the straps. It allows him to sit higher, a perfect height for our table since it is height adjustable and he can be scooted up close to the table.

I love it for my 3 yr old because he can use the tray to play with toys before a meal is ready or if watching tv at a snack time. Strapped in, I know he is safe and comfortable throughout the meal. It also keeps him in his seat to he will eat!

Easy to clean, everything wips clean right away. Straps are easy to remove if you need to wash them. The trap is great and fits in our washing machine. At younger ages, we used the white insert and put finger food right on it. It is smaller and fits awesome in the dish washer. Since we had two chairs and didn't use the tray for our older boys, we could have one washing while one was used. Pops on and off easily.

Now we just use the blue tray and set plates or food on it. Still fits well in the dish washer for easy cleanup and steralizing. Do be careful to keep fingers and arms away when installing the tray as they can get pinched. Also, be careful that the straps do not get under the tray when attaching. For the most part this tray is easy to attach but can get a little stuck sometime.

This seat has been a great investment for our family and will continue to be used for many years to come!

Sturdiness
This is a great chair! So comfortable that my 6 year old is still using his! That means we have used it for 5 years without any problems. Looks brand new.

As mention above. Ours looks brand new and our son sits in it every day for meals.

very attractive, easy to use and mobile. Well thought out chair that is really great for us

Safety
Never had a problem. Attaches easily and tightly to any chair. Has safety straps to keep your child in.

Everything has always wiped clean without effort. Ours still looks new!

travels well

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat:

I like that this seat has a strap that you can use to carry it with you while traveling. I have taken this seat to grandparents, and inlaws houses. The position of the tray is adjustable so you can use it to fit a variety of children. I also like how this can strap on to a variety of chairs. This seat seems to hold up well as my almost 3 year old toddler is still using it everytime that we go to my parent's house. The tray is easy to wipe clean and not too big. I like that I can easily fit it in the sink to wash unlike with some other high chair trays that are really bulky. The drawback that I see with this high chair is that some plates seem to be too big to fit on the tray. So if your child is really picky about using a particular character plate or the same plate as the parent you might want to find a high chair with a bigger tray. However for everyday or occasional use the tray on this seemed to fit most of my families needs.

Well worth your money!

from Hanover, PA

Comments about Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat:

This booster seat is GREAT for little babies just beginning to eat, all the way up to toddlers who will soon be eating without a booster seat! It works for all ages!

It's durable and the trays are so easy to use and wash!

There's ROOM on the main tray for a cup and children's plate (unlike some other booster seats that have tiny trays and pre-formed cup holders). It folds up really quickly and nicely to stow in the trunk of a car, and it's super-easy to carry hands free! I would highly recommend this to anybody. If I ever need multiple booster seats, you bet this will be the one I'll get!

love how small this is.

from West Bend, WI

Comments about Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat:

we had many other high chairs that we sold in our yearly rummage sales. they were either too big, too hard to clean the crevices or the baby hated sitting in them. We decided to do away with all high chairs and use a booster style seat or is it a chair that sits on your chair and straps down. it has the tray that can attach to it or you can push the child up to the table. we started using this seat from 1 year on and at 2 my son still fits fine in it. It is compact enough that you can take it to the restaurants and carry it by the straps that you use to attach it and there is a cover for the tray so that if it is dirty, you can just cover it and bring the tray home and wash it out at home. or it keeps it clean when you go out to a restaurant. It also kept my son in his seat rather than running around a restaurant and whatnot. he was staying in his seat and would color on paper on the tray. There was also a little area for his sippy to sit in. He no longer uses it with the tray but definately still fits into the chair. It gets him high enough that he doesnt have to stant on a chair to reach the table. i'm glad we went with a booster style high chair rather than a conventional high chair that takes up entirely way to much room. thank you!!

This is an amazing chair worth the money!

from Indian Trail, NC

Comments about Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat:

We love this seat. Have it at my moms house and like it better than the one we have at home. It folds up for easy storage and the tray is dishwasher safe. The tray snaps on easily which is not so on many models. LOVE IT!!

Great alternative to a regular high chair!

from Arlington, WA

Comments about Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat:

If you value space and you have a small living space, this is a wonderful alternative to the standard high chair. We have been using ours for a few years and have not needed a high chair at all. It is also easy to travel with and the tray pops off for easy washing. Of course, with things that buckle and snap, you have to be careful that you do not accidently pinch the skin or fingers of your little one.

Pretty good.

from Youngstown, OH

Comments about Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat:

I liked this product because it is convenient, light-weight, small, and it allows my baby to sit at the table as a part with the family. We had a high chair. It was pretty high-tech. But it was big, and took up a lot of space. He would stuff food down in the seat, and we were constintly changing the mat on it. We got this booster seat and it is very good. Easy storage, and we can fit it into the closet when were done. It is very easy to clean up, and convenient to feed him at the table instead of reaching over the table to get to a high-chair. The only con about this is that you cant put it anywhere but a chair, unless you want to sit on the floor. Also it depends on the weight and the age of the baby, and what kind of baby you have. Sometimes it has a certain age limit, but it all depends on how big the baby is because its not too big and babys grow out of it quick, and if they are hyper they can tip it. I would reccomend it though. It is better than a high chair!