3.1
H9483
Fisher-Price Fun to Learn Potty

Fisher-Price Fun to Learn Potty

3.1

helped him learn quickly!

I bought this potty for my son when he was starting to show interest in using the toilet. He was a little too scared to use the big toilet. Initially, I had just bought the seat that goes on the big toilet and hoped he would just use that, but it was too scary. I saw this one at walmart, and thought the music would be a great positive reinforcement for him. I had to show him how to use it, and that was a challenge at first. I dumped water in it so that it would set off the sensor and play the song for him, as opposed to me actually peeing in it. Then he just copied me and dumped a bottle of water in there. Anyways, he soon got the idea by me sitting on the big toilet and him sitting on the little one at the same time. He liked that it played music, and it really helped to make him feel excited about what he was doing. The only thing is that the song and lyrics can get annoying after awhile.

Don't do it mom! Put it back on the shelf!

I bought this chair on impulse, because my toddler was showing potty readiness.  Oh how I wished I'd read other parents' reviews, because I never would have plunked down the 34...Read complete review

I bought this chair on impulse, because my toddler was showing potty readiness.  Oh how I wished I'd read other parents' reviews, because I never would have plunked down the 34 bucks for this thing!

Yes, it is cute.  It looks like a little mini potty.  My son enjoyed "flushing" the potty and dancing around to the songs.  He also enjoyed taking the pee shield off and on, opening and closing the lid and looking at his reflection in the silver flush handle.  What he did not enjoy was actually using the item.  First, the lid threw him for a loop.  Though we coached him to lift the lid, it would fall back, and so I think he got kind of scared, and he was reluctant to sit on it.  When we did finally get him to sit on it, his little bum would trigger the infrared light that was supposed to tell when the child potties, but would totally misfire.  The happy voice would say "Way to go! You went potty!" and he would jump right up to look without having done a thing.

The songs are loud and you can't turn them down.  The songs are also annoying as all get out and will grate on you after the first day.  If my son loved the thing, and it really worked to motivate him, I'd deal with the most annoying, loud songs around.  However, the music and sounds just served to distract rather than motivate.

Do not let the cuteness of this item influence you the way it did me.  Stick to the tried and true:  I recently went out and got a very basic (but extremely well reviewed) Baby Bjorn potty seat.  No music, no lid, built in pee shield for boys, an excellent item.  I just wish I'd bought it sooner!

Looks fun but...

Comments about Fisher-Price Fun to Learn Potty:

The Fisher-Price Fun to Learn potty looks like it would be a lot of fun while potty training but for boys trying to sit it can be hard. The little cup in front to catch pee is to close for comfort for them. They have to sit pretty far back to avoid the cup hurting themselves. But once they are so far back it does cover themselves so pee can spray out. For going #2 it was just weird for my son, i had to remove the cup and if he had a pee accident there was no coverage. It was also very low to the ground, not made for kids with long legs. So no win for us. The sounds were fun and he liked to spin the paper roll, but lost interest very fast with the other troubles. Now it just its there looking pretty not being used at all. I think it is made more for small children around 1 or younger. The sounds would make it fun for the younger ones and more comfortable. Their leg length would most likely be prefect for this potty.

Serious need for the company to adjust the "potty sensor"

from Marysville, WA

Comments about Fisher-Price Fun to Learn Potty:

Ok, first things first. Fisher-Price seriously needs to adjust the potty sensor on this. As soon as my son sits on it, the music starts and the voice says "You went potty - way to go!" At first I thought maybe my son had a larger than average bum, but after reading other reviews I realized it's a design flaw. The whole concept behind this potty is to encourage the child to go potty by fun songs and words of praise, however, if the concept doesn't work it just becomes confusing for the child. I do agree with other reviewers that the music is really annoying, so annoying that my toddler sometimes turns it off in the back while he's going potty. He and I look at each other and laugh when the voice says that he went potty when he just sat down. I guess the upside to this potty is that my son finds it amusing enough to want to sit on it and go potty instead of using the "big potty."

My daughter loves this potty.

from Orange Park, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Fun to Learn Potty:

A good friend gave me this "potty" for my daughter who is just starting to show an interest in training (her son refused to use this potty at all as he has an older brother who uses the "real" potty) My daughter LOVES this potty she follows everyone in our house into the bathroom so she can sit on her potty (and listen to the music) while we go. I will say that the songs and music are annoying and loud especially on the tile floor but she loves it. I think you have to have a high tolerence for noise and a child who loves noisy toys to successfully use this potty.

Fast Learning

from Framingham, MA

Comments about Fisher-Price Fun to Learn Potty:

This fun to learn potty is great, other than the fact that the music says "you pottied" even when they didnt, a lot of times when they move it sets the music off. But I liked it because our daughter likes to flush our toilet so I liked the fact that this potty had the knob to flush.

Fisher-Price Fun to Learn Potty is a great toy and potty

from Seminole, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Fun to Learn Potty:

This potty is a great toy and potty in one! I run an in home daycare and have 2 children of my own. I have potty trained many children. I always find the key is to start using words and experiences as early as possible. I keep this potty out with the toys. No one actually uses it until they are ready to be potty trained. But every young child loves to pretend to be an adult. This toy definitely helps them and they LOVE that they get their own potty. Yes, the songs are semi-annoying but the fact that they are learning early is so much more woth it. I have potty trained all my kids from 19-26 months and this is the potty that doesn't scare them. It is fun and looks like the real thing but not in a scary way. The only downside is that when you sit on it, it says you went potty. But pretend is always good for learning!

Good potty with problems

from Buffalo, MN

Comments about Fisher-Price Fun to Learn Potty:

Loved it at first until it randomly started singing. Potty is supposed to sing when the child goes potty. We'd wake up at 1 am to the potty singing with no one around. It worked properly for about 1 month then started going off for no reason. We made sure it was dry between uses so that wasn't the issue. It also stopped singing when our child did use the potty so there was no consistency. When the singing did work it distracted our son which did not help his training. We finally turned that option off. The music also distracted our son from going potty. Now it's just an overpriced potty chair with no features. Would not purchase again. It's cute but would be better without all the features that malfunction.

Pretty Good

from Manhattan, KS

Comments about Fisher-Price Fun to Learn Potty:

I purchased this potty for my son when he first showed signs of wanting to potty train. After many good experiences with Fisher Price products I chose this potty for him. I have to say that I was completely in love with at first. After a few times using it I have to say that it does have some flaws. First of all the music scared my son at first. As soon as he started to pee it made him jump. Until he got use to it he would never finish because he got nervous when the music came on. I also for some reason every time after I clean it the music starts playing again when I put it back in. The other thing that I would say is very annoying is that the toilet handle doesn't do anything. For the price of the chair I feel like they could have made it make more noise or something. I'm trying to teach him the importance of flushing and I wish there was a nosie or something that would sound as a reward. My son does love the little toilet paper holder. Over all I like this toilet. I don't think that it is worth the money but it is doing its job.

Good ... but could have gone cheaper.

from Columbia, MO

Comments about Fisher-Price Fun to Learn Potty:

As first time parents we always want to go all out for our little girl and get her "the best" of everything. We bought this training potty chair because it looked the most like a regular potty, and had the added bonus of a handle for pretend flushing and sings songs whenever your child uses it correctly. The thing is ... the handle doesn't make a "flushing" noise or anything like that, it just kind of clicks. And if you keep this potty chair in the bathroom it will mysteriously start singing songs our of the middle of no where and make you think it is possessed (we figured out it only does this when there's humidity in the air from a hot shower and the moisture collects in the bottom of the potty chair -- still creepy when you hear a woman start singing from your bathroom after you're in bed at night). In the long run we could have saved ourselves a lot of money and just gotten a padded ring for the regular toilet, because she'd rather use the "big potty" anyways.

Do not buy this

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Fisher-Price Fun to Learn Potty:

May daughter 21 month old daughter actually started to turn this off before she goes to the bathroom. It starts sing as soon as they pee so she will not finish. When I go and empty  it she will sit back down on it a pee, and then it goes all over the floor. There are 2 metal thing in the bottom of it, one of them is sharp and she cut her finger on it.  It also falls apart all of the time.

This is a really cute toilet, but I am now going to buy a different one.

Fun to learn potty is fun

from Ocean Springs, MS

Pros

Cons

Comments about Fisher-Price Fun to Learn Potty:

I like this potty chair, however now after a month of use it is not playing songs till after she dumps the container and puts it back.  My granddaughter really likes the music.  If I had it to do over again I probably wouldn't have paid the money for it and would have bought a cheaper one.