Other Musical Toys:
Electronic Toy, interactive, Musical Toys, robot, stuffed animal
Fisher-Price
Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey

Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey

Pretty cool toy, a bit expensive

Dance Star Mickey Mouse has been a fun toy for my 2 year old and my five year old. My older kids liked him at first, but tired of him pretty...Read complete review

Dance Star Mickey Mouse has been a fun toy for my 2 year old and my five year old. My older kids liked him at first, but tired of him pretty quickly.

He is a fun, musical toy that walks and talks.  Mickey has a special dance for each of his songs, which is pretty cool. Our favorite is the moonwalk. He has wheels on his feet which help him move. His movements are funny and somewhat realistic.   My little ones liked trying to dance with Mickey. Mickey also has two interactive activities, which also keeps the little ones busy.

Dance Star Mickey seems well constructed, so hopefully he will be durable enough for the roughness of toddlers. So far so good.

Dance Star Mickey has a funny and unique sense of humor, he is cute when he falls onto his back.

The only downsides are that that there is no volume control. Needless to say, hearing Mickey over and over can get a little old. We also stocked up on batteries for when he runs out. His price was a bit high, but we were able to find him on sale. Overall, a very cute toy.

This is a fun toy, but my daughter has better ones

My daughter got this as a gift from my parents on her 2nd birthday.  Honestly,  I had never even heard of it, but they informed me it was one of the hot items for christmas this year.  I saw an article soon after, and they were referring it to the Tickle me Elmo.  Now this isn't Fisher Prices fault per say, but the first one Dance Star Mickey we got didn't work.  The box was torn up in shipping my parents said, and when we took to tag out of it to play in full mode, he just stopped working.  I even went and bought batteries and nothing.  We did take him back to toys r us and got a new one, and that one works fine thank goodness.  My daughter is only 2, so the games won't come in handy for another few months or so, but she loves dancing to the music.  He doesn't move that much on carpet, but if you put him on a hard surface he does.  The topics of the songs are kid friendly, and fun to dance to.  I don't see all the hupla about this toy, but its a fun toy and entertains for at least 10 min or so, which is good for a 2  year old.

My daughter loves Mickey!

Comments about Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey:

This Mickey is fun and my daughter loves playing with it! The only complaint with the Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey is the price, anywhere over twenty is absolutely ridiculous for a dancing Mickey. If you can find it on sale, I would definitely recommend this product but other than that skip it.

amazing

Comments about Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey:

My little cousin has this toy and she absolutely loves it. Little kids goes crazy over these toys these days lol I'm a person who loves Disney and suggest everyone to buy them(: its a perfect gift for your nieces and nephews or cousins for either Christmas or as a birthday gift.

Love it!!

Comments about Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey:

We love some mickey mouse around here!! This mickey does the hot dog dance and the kids get a real kick out of seeing mickey dance and like to move along to the music also. This is a really nice toy for toddlers who like mickey mouse. Batteries tend to fade quick so be prepared.

5 month old and 5 year old love dance star mickey!

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey:

I have both a  five month old and a five year old.  Dance Star Mickey was purchased for my five month old daughter by her uncle.  At first I thought she'd be too young but she loves it.  She watches it and smiles and laughs.If she is getting restless or cranky, Dance Star Mickey distracts her.  My five year old son loves to press the button for her and he also imitates the dances for her.  He enjoys playing with Mickey and watching his sister be entertained by it.  We received it for Christmas and it is almost February.  This toy is used everyday and has not yet needed the batteries replaced.  For a toy like this, that is exellent.  We have had Tickle Me Elmo's, Cookie Monsters and Ernies and it did far less and the batteries would run out a lot faster.  The only con worth mentioning is that something is off about his appearance.  He looks like Mickey Mouse but a little but different.  The variety of songs is great as well as the duration and dancing.  I'd definitely recommend.

Dance Star Mickey is great for all ages!

from Faulkton, SD

Comments about Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey:

Thanks to our daughters grandparents we have a Dance Star Mickey in our house. Our eleven month old loves to play with Mickey, watch him dance, and even just chew on his ears! Mickey is very cute and durable. Our daughter likes to pull on his arms, tip him over, and push him around. Mickey can dance, turn around, clap, and several other interactive things. Mickey is loud enough to be heard when several kids are laughing and dancing with him. Mickey encourages kids as young as nine months old and up to get up and dance. You can play with Mickey by pressing his hand or his foot. The foot offers more songs, but all songs are different. If Mickey gets tipped over he has several different sayings to encourage someone to place him upright so he can keep on dancing. Our eleven month old and another friends five month old son played with Mickey for over an hour and had a blast! Mickey does require six AA batteries and they do not last very long. Since Christmas we have already replaced the batteries twice.

Not That Impressed With Mickey

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey:

My son really wanted Dance Star Mickey for Christmas so my sister got it for him. He makes a lot of clicking noises as he moves, almost like he could break at any second. His arms seem really flimsy. One of Mickey's shoes is coming off already. My some loves it and I guess that is all that matters but I do not thin the hefty price tag refelts the quailty of the product.

Loads of fun!

from Clearwater, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey:

My son turned two in November, then received Dance Star Mickey as a Christmas gift this year from his grandparents. He loves Mickey Mouse and music, so I thought it would be a great gift idea for him.

At first, he wasn't too enthused about the toy. He would watch Mickey sing and dance for a couple of minutes, but did not really interact with him.

After a week or so of playing with the toy, he became more excited about it. Dance Star Mickey sings and dances several different songs in different musical styles. You can also play a fun-filled game of Mickey Says with him. It's easy for the child to start the fun by just pressing Mickey's foot.

One of the coolest features is what Mickey does when he is knocked over. He will ask "A little help here?" and thank the child when they put him back on his feet! It's a fun feature that makes Mickey feel really interactive.

I would recommend Dance Star Mickey as a way to get kids who love the Mouse up and moving and dancing around!

Pretty decent toy

from Champaign, IL

Comments about Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey:

Alright, so when I first purchased this Mickey, I was astounded at how weird he seemed to look.  I had read from others that he looked a little "off", but I must not have taken them that seriously.  His nose turns up into the air, and his mouth just seems odd.  However, he is really cute and pretty entertaining as well.  My toddler neice seemed to love him and really danced along with him.  I am not sure that he really appeals to older kids because I do not know of any that have played with him, but he was fun for the little ones. He seems to have a bunch of different songs and dances as well, so he does not get really obnoxious with limited use.  Of course, it is not something you want to listen to for more than 15 minutes at a time, but I am at a loss to think of a kid's toy that is. Once you get past the odd appearance, he really is a great toy.  I definitely would not pay over retail for him, and if you get can get him on sale, that's all the better!

Dance Star Mickey rocks!

from Middletown, NJ

Comments about Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey:

My youngest daughter got this as a Christmas gift.  She loves it, and I don't mind her playing with it.  Mickey is very interactive, and not one of those "loud, annoying" children's toys.  I would recommend this product to anyone!

Very Cute but...

from Franklin, NJ

Comments about Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey:

My mother-in-law bought this as a Christmas present for my 4 month old. Unfortunately, she didnt read the packaging and my daughter is way too young to fully enjoy it - its more for a 2 or 3 year old child. I think the adults enjoyed watching and playing with it more than my daughter. It has a few different dance moves and songs. He supposedly claps his hands but to me it doesnt look like a clapping hand motion. It looks like he is wildly waving them around. I havent figured out how to get him to play the interactive games yet. My complaints with the toy are the motor is really loud and because of that its hard to hear what Mickey is saying.  And sometimes, its hard to understand what Mickey is even saying. Finally, he's really heavy and clumsy. I dont think a 2 or 3 year old really cares about things like that. They only want to dance around with Mickey. I know this toy normally gets great reviews but as an adult I personally liked the Fisher Price Elmo line much better.