Other Early Development Toys:
Fisher-Price
Fisher-Price Corn Popper

Fisher-Price Corn Popper

Classic Toy that Still Satisfies

My household is overflowing with toys and most of them fall into the category of the noisy and the visually stimulating. One toy that has been around for a long time and fits the noisy bill is the **Fisher Price Corn Popper**, a classic toy. **Toy Commentary:** The Fisher Price Corn Popper consists of a handle; a base that rests on two wheels; and a covered dome that contains several small, colored plastic balls. This see- through dome sits on top of the base of the toy and it contains a yellow- colored "popper" on the inside. To activate this toy, all that is necessary is that children grab the plastic handle and push or pull the toy along the floor. There are no batteries. The turning of the wheels causes the popping device to quickly pop up and then back down again, over and over again as the toy is pushed or pulled.  Fisher Price Corn Popper is a great toy for several reasons. First, it doesn't require batteries. The popping action is completely mechanical in nature and is activated by the turning of the wheels. Second, the plastic balls are enclosed inside the dome and cannot be removed. Since they cannot be removed, there is no need to worry about losing them. They are permanently sealed inside the dome where they cannot escape. Yet another great feature of this toy is the fact that it can be used and enjoyed by kids of many ages. The handle is long- about twenty one inches in length- and since it is movable, it can be held at a low position for shorter kids and a high position for taller kids. I have seen the Fisher Price Corn Popper enjoyed by kids as young as nine months and as old as eight years. It's the type of toy that never grows old. For adults, there is one disadvantage that this toy brings: The annoying popping sound. I can tolerate it more than other people, but I can definitely agree that the "pop, pop" sound gets irritating after a while. I can remember torturing my mom and dad with this noisy toy when I was a child and now, my little ones are annoying me in a similar fashion. Fortunately, kids have short attention spans and my little girl will usually stop playing with this toy after about ten minutes. She adores the Fisher Price Corn Popper, but there are other toys she loves just as much and as soon as they catch her attention, she drops this toy and moves on to the next one.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Fisher Price Corn Popper is a true classic and it ranks among the very few toys that is still going strong after fifty years and multiple generations. It is noisy, yes. But it is highly entertaining to children, takes no batteries, and never loses its pieces/parts. This makes it an ideal toy that every household with children should own.

Fun but loud

So this is a classic toy that I thought was a must have for my son then when I actually got it I realized why my parents got rid of mine when I was little, because when you are having a stressful day the popping can easily drive you over the edge.

So the toy is alot of fun for the kids though they enjoy pushing it around and hearing all the balls pop but I would defenitly suggest it for those babies that are seasoned wallkers because there is not enough resistance for kids to be able to balance with. Its great because there are no flashing light or batteries required.

There is no assembly you just pull it out of the box and you are ready to go. I also like that there are no small pieces to be lost or found for that matter. It can get dangerous as times because the toy is very light weight and therefore can be picked up when your children get older and can be used for a weapon or even accidenitaly as a heavy object destined to hit your favorite lamp.

Overall I say buy it but be aware of the amount of noise it will add to your house and watch your children as they get older to make sure that nothing and nobdey gets hurt

Entertaining and annoyingly loud toy

Comments about Fisher-Price Corn Popper:

Grandma bought one of these for my little girls. She pushed it all the way through the store before it was bought. And when she's feeling extra crazy, she will push this toy around and around the house. It is so loud that you cannot carry a conversation or talk on the phone. Good luck if you have a headache. This toy gets put away for little vacations so that my sanity can remain. Both of my children love this toy. It can be played with by a child who is just learning to walk well up to a five or six year old. It is fun and exciting to make the toy pop at different speeds according to how fast you run. This toy is very durable as it has been through a lot of abuse at our house. It has a nice sized handle that is easy to grip for little ones. It has very bright colors and fun design on the handle. It is not a toy that my children play with on a regular basis, but when they do play with it, they play with it hard for about half a day.

POP,POP,POP! Your Corn Popper

from Boondocks the heart of Northern , NY

Comments about Fisher-Price Corn Popper:

Fisher Price has had this toy on the market for many years. It has been updated to give it a better, more appealing look for toddlers. This toy is made for a toddler that is walking and can push this toy across a floor by grasping the handle to push it.
As it is pushed, the enclosed plastic balls begin to pop up inside that plastic bubble creating a popping noise. Children think it is fun to make it make the popping noise.

As your toddler plays with this and pushes it more and more, the balls begin to pop up more rapidly. Parents need to realize this toy makes noise and can get a bit on ones nerves if the child does it non- stop. With that in mind, you know children love to play with this and Fisher Price is a well known brand for producing toys for tots.

This toy lasts well for the money. I do recommend this toy for your little ones or as a gift for a little one as they are fun to play with. I have had these for my own children over the years and they continue to be made today.

Oldie but Goodie

from Fulton, NY

Comments about Fisher-Price Corn Popper:

I love the Corn Popper! Both my kids have had one(ages 9 and 4). I think this is a timeless toy. It is so simple, no batteries, no instructions, no putting it together, and my favorite part- no twisties or other complicated box opening procedures! It's one of those toys I can't stand listening to so my daughter and I have an agreement, she vacuums upstairs in her bedroom and I stay downstairs. Although I must admit that the fact she is 4 and still plays with the "toddler" toy makes up for the annoying pop, pop, pop, pop...

Wide Age Range Classic Toy

from Canandaigua, NY

Comments about Fisher-Price Corn Popper:

There is a reason that this is still a classic toy. No small parts, no assembly required!It is durable, entertains a wide range of ages, and has stood the test of time. This will still be around for your grandchildren, and never loses its magical character! I highly recommend this toy, as it will entertain, and has no 'sound-bits'. Yes, the popping is a bit noisy, but that's one of the things children enjoy about it. They can pretend they are vacuuming or mowing a lawn; and isn't childhood all about pretending,anyways?

noisy

from Blanchard, OK

Comments about Fisher-Price Corn Popper:

yes i agree that its durable,you cant break it if you try,and i have,its noisy and a graet weapon for a 3 year old ,he can clobber you with it while you sleep,my advise is to burn it...yes it has lots of audible stimulation, if your child is a moron that likes to hear pop,pop,pop.and great visual stimulation,if they are cross eyed. this toy has been around so long cause you cant kill it, people buy these things for relatives that they dont like, so it can get on their nerves too.it doesnt require batteries but that is not a good thing, if the batteries ran low you wouldnt have to hear it. Your right the parts cannot get lost no matter how much you pray,so unless your the type of person that bought the singing fish and still have it hanging on your wall,do not by this toy for your child,maybe for a relatives kid,but not your own.

Corn Popper is a classic that's still great

from Evanston, IL

Comments about Fisher-Price Corn Popper:

My son received the Fisher Price Corn Popper as a gift several months ago, but he wasn't walking at the time so we put it away. Recently, he started walking so we pulled it out and it has been a smash hit ever since. He loves to walk around pushing it or dragging it behind him. He can literally walk around for 15 minutes, making a huge racket. But it's one of the only toys he will play with for that long.

The major downside to this toy is that it is LOUD. Those balls really make a ton of noise! We actually took it over to a friend's house and they too have one, and the noise made from two of them was literally deafening. I don't mind the noise though because I like that it's not electronic--there's no batteries to replace, no flashing lights, and no crazy music. I think I'll like it even better when we can take it outside, though!

Corn Popper is a perfect example of a classic toy

from Medford, NY

Comments about Fisher-Price Corn Popper:

The Corn Popper toy is one of those classic toys that will be around for a very long time. I was amazed to see how my 3 year old daughter and her same age cousin were entertained by this toy. With all of the battery operated, remote controlled, lights flashing, video playing, talking, and more technologically advanced toys out there, this simple manual toy is still a favorite among young children. And it really is a great toy as it gets kids moving while they play. It is the type of toy that you think of when you think of a kiddie toy. As some of the toys that are being sold lately are a bit much for a toddler. I'm one of those parents that want their child to play with age appropriate and educational toys that do not promote growing up too fast. I am not for video games at young ages. And the best part about this toy is that it can easily be passed down to siblings, relatives and friends and it isn't expensive at all.

The Fisher-Price Corn Popper is a classic.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Fisher-Price Corn Popper:

This toy is fun for kids to push around and make noise. Sure it is loud, but I think everyone knows that when buying this toy. It works well, and we have had no disfunctions with it. It doesn't usually hold their attention for long though.

Amusing product

from South Pasadena, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Corn Popper:

Not sure how Fisher Price stumbled on this concept of the Corn Popper but who is one to complain--it works and it works well. They found out that kids want to push this little toy around and pop some corn insome a little ball. And they knew somehow that the item would be a bestseller. I can examine and look at this thing and never would i conclude that it would be a huge hit with kids. But that's what happens when kids play with this thing. The baby pushes this toy and the little colorful balls pop and bounce all over the little ball. These balls are all confined inside the ball so none of the balls run away when they pop (that would be a disaster). During this age the baby is in exploration mode and is trying to see cause and effect. As it moves the toy it will look at the balls, wondering how it is moving, completely oblivious that it is the baby that is making it move. Quite amusing for the parent to watch in the background while the baby is more confused than ever. But it's ok, the baby will figure it out one day.

Corn popping fun

from South Pasadena, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Corn Popper:

The Fisher price corn popper is one of the most well known classic toys for young kids. This is on par with the donut stand with colorful rings in my opinion. the toy, if you do not know, comes with the traditional blue handle with red wheels. the base is white. the toy is extremely cute and well fit for a children's toy. the trademark feature of the fisher price corn popper is that the "corn" inside the bubble pops as your toddler pushes the corn popper along the floor. as your toddler pushes the corn popper, the little colorful balls start popping all over, simulating a creative corn popping. the corn is enclosed in the plastic bubble so you do not have to worry about any kind of mess! the one drawback of this device is that it can be a bit noisy if your child really wants to pop corn haha. this is a good way to amuse and stimulate your child. he or she will mysteriously look at the balls as they jump around as it is pushed. It is a great stimulator and everyone likes it.