Other Building Sets & Blocks:
Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks

Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks

Pros

Cons

Great learning toys for baby and early toddlerhood

I bought these blocks for my oldest daughter when she was a baby.  These were her first blocks and the first ones she began stacking at just over a year old.  They are fun, colorful, and with this set each block has a letter of the alphabet printed on one side.  Inside the block is an interesting little "toy" to peek into, but there is no way to get to it.  Interestingly, with this set, you will notice that each block has something that starts with the letter of the alphabet painted on its side.  For example, "A" has a little airplane, "P" has a couple of penguins with plastic "snow" sprinkles around them that make a gentle rattling sound when shaken and "X" has a xylophone inside!  One of my favorites is the "W" which has a slice of watermelon and all around it are loose plastic watermelon "seeds" that also rattle around when shaken.  There is a little "ant" underneath the watermelon as if he is carrying it away from a picnic setting (the base of the block has the typical red and white picnic blanket pattern painted under the ant and watermelon).  The watermelon rocks back and forth on the ant's back as it is wiggled, as if it is precociously balanced.

These blocks are really neat and cute!  I have had fun peeking inside with my little girl as she got older and identifying with her what the objects inside are.  Now my almost 9-month-old has inherited these blocks and she is ever so curious about the objects and turns the blocks over and over in her little hands examining them.  These blocks have taken a good beating and are still in great condition.  Even the letters on the side of each block have not worn off.  The case it comes with is very handy for keeping them all in one place when they are done being played with.

I Liked Them Better Than The Kids

When I saw the Fisher Price Alphabet Peek A Blocks, I was so completely excited that the price tag didn't matter.  I just had to have this toy.  I imagined all the wonderful learning experiences I could have with my daughter by just playing with these blocks.  I had it all planned out!

They were cute, they had the letter stamped on the front, and there was something on the inside that started with that letter, a lot of the blocks even moved, or made a bit of a sound when you would shake them.  They all had interesting textures on the top/bottom.  I was thrilled!

So, I get home and open the bag of blocks and my daughter wasn't impressed with the fact it had anything to do with the alphabet.  She tried chewing on them (she was only about 10 months old), she tried stacking them (they don't stack as easily as typical alphabet blocks), she tried throwing them (they hurt more than regualr blocks).  Anyway, after just a few short weeks, she was no longer interested in the blocks at all.  The Fisher Price Alphabet Peek A Blocks were a zero for her.

I now have another child, who wasn't too interested in them at all, so we sold them at a garage sale.

Beloved classic toy blocks!!

from Franklin, TN

Comments about Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks:

The Alphabet Blocks are a set of 26 Peek-a-Blocks, 1 block for each letter of the alphabet.The blocks are good, nice-looking, textured and have little characters inside them. They are able to move and stuff and they look very cute!These blocks are lightweight too It's a very simple toy- Each block has clear plastic around the sides and tops with a capital letter written in filled-in bubble font on one side. Inside the plastic exterior there are items that begin with the letter being introduced on the blocks. Often the item shakes or rotates for added sensual experience. For example, the letter G block has a guitar inside it that spins around when the block is turned.

These blocks are travel friendly as they come in a vinyl zip-close carry case which also makes it easier to store them.

These blocks are definitely fun to build with besides being educational, and kids love playing with them.A great set of blocks for kids!!

Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks are multi-educational & fun

from Brandenburg, KY

Comments about Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks:

**Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks are awsome. They are designed to offer many differant ways to play. When we first bought these for our daughter (then4 months old) we held them up to encourage her to look inside to see what was there. As she has gotten older she now likes to look herself. They also offer her a chance to manipulate with her hands as she can shake, turn and push some of the blocks. I have recently started teaching her to stack them. Well I stack and she knocks them down. But it is a start.  I also love the fact that they work with other **Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Block products such as a train we recently purchased for her. It came with some also but she has been fasinated by the other blocks that work in it as well. In the near future I can see using them to learn the alphabet and spelling simple words. I plan to look for other products that will work with these blocks.****

We love the Fisher Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks

from Roanoke Rapids, NC

Comments about Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks:

The Fisher Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks are a must have. We are talking hours of fun and various things to do with them, each child will find a different use. I originally bought them because they were so cute and unique. Each one holds a different item or items and of course your child can see it but not open it so it's not a choking hazard. I have three boys. My 7 year old autistic child likes to line them up and look and tell me about what he sees inside, he has his favorites. This tells me these are great for exceptional children - glad I stumbled across these. My 5 year old likes to build things so he uses them as blocks and of course is also intrigued by the objects inside. Great for motor cordination. My 4 year old uses them for curiosity. He enjoys shaking them and hearing all the different sounds. They are a great introduction into new things. These are a great educational toy for all small children.

nice blocks

from South Pasadena, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks:

The Fisher Price alphabet peek a blocks is a nice way to introduce the alphabet to your kid at home. Chances are though that at the time you introduce these to your children they will not be able to fully understand and learn from the toy blocks. It personally does not matter because these blocks, as long as they are played with, will be worth your money. The blocks are very soft, don't have sharp edges, and can easily be gripped by the child. My child likes to pick up a block and throw it a couple inches away, and likes to repeat this process. My child is not at an age where he can build anything with the blocks, just pick up and throw them. But with this set i am taking baby steps. Right now I am perfectly fine with him just chucking the blocks and experimenting around. Later I imagine he will do some light stacking, and later on I plan on using the blocks to teach the alphabets. The colors on the alphabet blocks are very beautiful and illustrated well. Fisher Price did a great job with these blocks.

Lots of fun, and many ways to play!

from Riverside, AL

Comments about Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks:

I bought these for my son when he was about 16 months old. He immediately took to them, and we enjoyed looking at the things inside of them together.

They were a great learning tool for teaching his new words, because the objects inside are so varied. "What is this, Henry?" "Cat" And I would say, "what does the cat say?" and he would meow. These were probably the best learning tool for new words and talking to a very young toddler about how the things in our world work together.

As he got older, in addition to stacking them, he would create elaborate scenes and stories about them.

He is 4 now, and we still ocassionally bring these out to play with for something different, and have fun making up stories with them. These are great for imaginative play, and friendly on one's wallet.

However, they are not the most durable, long lasting toy. I haven't found anything comparable to these other than the Haba peek a boo blocks, but those are much more expensive and do not have as much variety. I am saving these for the next baby, but they don't look wonderful anymore and I have doubts as to whether my next child will get as much use out of them. The plastic is very scratched up just from normal play in carpeted rooms, and the plastic has turned dark and is not as see through as they once were.

These may last through my next child, but then they will be ready for the trash can. Don't buy these hoping to use them though many children, much less generations.

Great way to learn letters

from South Pasadena, CA

Comments about Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks:

This is a great way for young kids to tinker with the twenty six alphabets. Fisher Price does a great job with this Alphabet Peek-A-Block set as it is an all around great set. At the very basic level, this item from Fisher Price can be explained as individual blocks with alphabets labeled on each one. There is an accompanying picture with each letter. Each letter and picture are matched appropriately and your toddler can guess the connection. For example, the "O" block has an octopus and the "Z" block has a zebra while the "C" block features a car. You can ask your toddler and quick him or her on the alphabets. If your toddler is too young for any kind of quizzing, you can simply allow the baby to build and destroy towers of blocks. The beauty of this set is that it does not necessarily have to be about alphabets. It can be used simply for construction purposes such as building a tower or building a home. The blocks are very colorful and look beautiul, I recommend this set from Fisher Price.

Blocks are fun!

from Downers Grove, IL

Comments about Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks:

We got these for our daughter's first birthday and she loves them! The blocks are great on multiple levels. They can be used to work on motor skills, counting, the alphabet, colors, etc. I would definitely recommend these as a toy purchase for little ones. blocks are a simple, classic toy that can be enjoyed for a long time!

Peek-a-blocks are so much fun!

from Aurora, CO

Comments about Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks:

So we started a collection for my son because he likes to built towers. He loves to build with these, "crash them down" and then build with them again! He will also spend hours gazing into them, shaking them and talking about the letters and what is inside. Not only do they help with letter recognition, but also create interest in what starts with that letter, because it corresponds to the animal or item inside. I find myself checking out what is inside too. I love toys that don't require batteries and flashing lights to be entertaining and educational, and this is one of those toys. A very modern twist on the classic block, makes it a new toy that will still work with the older version. My son combines these with the older wooden style to make unique buildings and towers. I find he always puts the peekablocks on top, I think they must be his favorite because they are so colorful, and I don't blame him at all!

good toy for learning

from Lancaster, NY

Comments about Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks:

Fisher Price never ceases to amaze me in their creation of innovative learning products for infants, toddlers, and kids. For decades they have been producing high quality products meant to keep your curious little ones entertained for hours while offering them the opportunity to explore and develop their creative sides.Their wide variety of toys are affordably priced even though they are a little higher than no name brands. Their products are widely available.The Fisher Price toy line is well constructed and are meant to last  and be passed from one generation to another. Toys that I had played with were also played with by my children and are now being passed to my oldest son's children.The Fisher Price alphabet Peek-a-Boo Blocks are a cute way to entertain your child. They are colorful and made of plastic. They help develop motor coordination as the little one ones can stack them. They are a fun  and educational toy and just the right thing to spark curiosity in your tot!

Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks are a great beginner block

from Tarpon Springs, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Alphabet Peek-A-Blocks:

I am pretty sure these were the first blocks that I purchased for my daughter when she was a baby. She absolutely adored them. The little things inside the blocks entertained her for much longer than many of her other toys. Her favorite was always a little baby chick hatching from an egg. I think that one had a little button you could press and it would make a little chirp sound.

This was a great way for me to introduce her to the alphabet early on, which I am a firm believer of. I think any early exposure to letters sets a great tone to teaching them to read and write. These blocks were great for her first stacking skills. Don't expect large towers of blocks though, these have a slippery plastic shell, so it makes it very difficult to stack more than two or three.

This product is made out of a sturdy material, and is a large size block making it easy for babies to hold, and safe for them. The bright colors draw and keep their attention easily. I think this is a great toy, and I have used it for many gifts to my friends children over the years.