Other Clothes Dryers:
DE62T27GW2
Fisher & Paykel SmartLoad Top-Load Electric Dryer

Fisher & Paykel SmartLoad Top-Load Electric Dryer

• Load Capacity:

Top loading dryers should become the standard in laundry!

Before using Fisher & Paykel, I owned a subpar General Electric dryer that finally crapped out after several years. Front-load dryers had been the norm for many years and, after suffering a neck injury in a car accident, it became burdensome to bend over without placing extra strain on my neck. Maybe the accident was a godsend.

The dryer runs on electricity, not gas, so keep that in mind for gas-powered homes. It has a moderately large capacity inside the drum, but not the largest that I have seen previously. What's nice is that it runs quietly. The user interface is digital, so no more creaky dials to push in/spin/pull out to start.

One issue I had with it was that it slowly began to lose the amount of heat it produced with each load. After looking up solutions for it, we found that there was a reset button under the outer shell near the base. It took a minimal amount of effort to unscrew the case, press the button, then put the case back on. After that, it has worked good as new.

Load Capacity
Large drum can accommodate a largeish quantity of clothes. However, the more clothes stuffed into it, the longer the drying process will take.

Dries clothes using less electricity than traditional dryers. It detects when clothes are at different levels of dryness.

All it takes is loading the clothes in, turning on the power, setting the load size and type of cycle, then hitting start.

The dryer got dropped about 1 foot down from a moving truck when we moved into our new house, The initial "oh crap" was put to rest after starting it up and finding that nothing was damaged inside. It seems to have very solid construction.

Top load = A win for everyone that buys it!

Potential, but has some flaws

Owned this type dryer for nearly 3 years with mixed feelings. Loved the convenience of the easy loading from our top load washer, plus the many choices of how you want the clothes dried and at what temperatures, etc. After about 8 month of use It started to make a loud thumping noise, sort of like leaving a sneaker in the dryer, but nothing was in it except a load of clothes. Unable to figure it out and well within the normal warranty period we found somebody who would provide the repair service. We had to eventually call for service 2 more times for the same problem. Each time when the outer shroud behind the lint cup was removed it exposed a lot of lint sitting there. This was lint which was suppose to be in the lint cup but never made it. I eventually found out what I thought was the noise problem and tried a simple fix to stop the shroud from working loose and causing the problem. The lint build up is a continual problem and I think it's a design flaw. Fisher & Paykel are the only company that offers a top load dryer which says a lot. I worry about the potential hazard with lint build up and I make it a rule every 2 months to remove the shroud and vacuum the lint. Not ideal, but I own it and I will replace it eventually. Bottom line, it dries very nice, but I should not have to vacuum lint from this machine. Would be hard pressed to recommend it, but it does work well. Sort of a good news, bad news review.

Very large tub

Easy to load and just 1 button to select and start the sequence

Always have the feeling that it's going to really break on me

I do not think they really have have solved the lint screen problem which allows so much lint to collect behind the shroud and not in the over sized lint cup

good

from Jordan

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Large Capacity

• Bulky Items
    • Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Sheets & Mattress Covers
    • Towels

Comments about Fisher & Paykel SmartLoad Top-Load Electric Dryer:

It's a very good contains many and varied and has a high, easy to use and load specifications and advantages of the best buys everyone

This dryer is one of the best that I have ever had! It even dries bulky loads evenly with no wrinkles! The lint filter is large, sturdy, and easy to remove and replace. The control panel appears very clear and easy to use

I throw my clothes in, set controls, relax and get my wrinkle-free laundry!! Every time!! I'd also like to point out that the instruction manual that came with it is very thorough and helpful.

I purchased the Samsung Electric Dryer at the same time I purchased the Samsung Washer so that they would match and I really enjoy the combination set
    .................................................................................................................................................
    very nice :) :) :) :) :) :)

I love it

from Mullin, Texas

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
    • Easy To Use
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity

• Delicates
      • Everyday Clothes
      • Sheets & Mattress Covers
      • Towels

Comments about Fisher & Paykel SmartLoad Top-Load Electric Dryer:

I love the dryer. It actually dries the clothing that I put in without dampness or scorching. I have 6 kids and it seems like I'm always doing laundry. My husband did complain about the music though initially. Now, he doesn't notice it anymore. I will say that if you have back problems, this is the dryer for you! My back won't take all the bending with heavier items, so this has been a God send! I like it, 5 stars from me!

Worst dryer we've ever owned

Comments about Fisher & Paykel SmartLoad Top-Load Electric Dryer:

Even after several service call the drier can't dry a full load of wash in anywhere near a reasonable time. If we split the wash load in half it still takes an hour for each half load.

Load Capacity
      Holds plenty of clothes, just wont' dry them

Wont dry clothes. Even interrupting a load in mid cycle the clothes barely feel warm. We told the repair man and he assured us the heating elements were working

It looked like it would be easy, but having the top of a dryer to put damp or dry clothes on is a convenience that we have become used to. A top loading dryer takes that away

It still wokrs, just very poorly

Design can't be good if it won't do it's primary function

Takes long time to dry

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Fisher & Paykel SmartLoad Top-Load Electric Dryer:

I used the Fisher & Paykel SmartLoad Top-Load Electric Dryer for a little over a month before I decided to return it. The dryer didn't break down, but I felt that it was under performing for something in its price range. The unique top load design is what really attracted me to this dryer initially, but that novelty soon wore off. The low, medium, and high features were straight forward to operate, but I wish that there were more cycle options. This dryer did dry all different types of fabrics adequately, but the problem is the amount of time it took. A medium load of clothes would take several cycles to dry. Large amount of clothes had to be broken in to 2 drying sessions. I would clean the lent trap out twice during each cycle to enure maximum drying, but it didn't seem to help. I even refrained from opening the dryer door to prevent any loss of heat and that did nothing. I can say once my clothes were dry they were extremely fresh and soft beyond comprehension. If time wasn't an option I would have kept the Fisher & Paykel SmartLoad Electric Dryer because I didn't have to use fabric softener or dryer sheets with this dryer.

Excellent Dryer... MOSTLY

from North Little Rock, AR

Comments about Fisher & Paykel SmartLoad Top-Load Electric Dryer:

Great concept, convenient design, and this dryer works very well - when it's working.

Load Capacity
      The dryer will hold and dry loads far larger than what the dryer actually should be loaded to. The manual doesn't state that, the salesman didn't state it, but the repairman informed us on his second visit to replace heating elements.

When it is working.

For those accustomed to the old traditional dial-type dryers, this one may present a bit of a learning curve. Once you figure it out - it is fairly simple to operate, and offers several options.

Top-load is a great feature!

IF this dryer had been trouble-free, it would have been an easy "10". Unfortunately, there are known issues that plague this model. Among those issues - very fragile heating elements, early models had issues with the dry-level sensor, and our latest issue - drum bearing that squeals loud enough to be heard across the house.

Overall, a good design, other than some engineering weaknesses.

Potential, but has some flaws

Very large tub

Easy to load and just 1 button to select and start the sequence

Always have the feeling that it's going to really break on me

Piece of junk!

NUMEROUS REPAIRS on 3 yr old dryer

Load Capacity
      Large drum but can only dry 3-4 items (jeans or large towels) per load and nothing too heavy!

Small loads - dries ok
      Auto - Sensing - NEVER accurate
      Drying Progress - NEVER accurate
      Rating of 3 applies to when it works otherwise - Rating 1

Trash!

Nice compact size w/ topload convenience.

Awesome dryer!

Comments about Fisher & Paykel SmartLoad Top-Load Electric Dryer:

We bought this Dryer used about a year ago it was only 5 years old it has been my best dryer I have ever had. I love how it will dry faster than it takes for thhe washer to wash the clothes. It is suppose to be energy efficient but I really havevnt seen alot different in the electric bill. It gets the clothes super dry and does not crumple them. I Love how they look in my laundry room, very stylish. It is very easy to use has as that is a must for me. I would recomend this brand to anyone the front loading dryers have so many flaws and I have never been so happy with a dryer. It also has a large bin and coming from someone who does alot of laundry that is Awesome!

• Load Capacity:

could not do without this

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about Fisher & Paykel SmartLoad Top-Load Electric Dryer:

I have had this dryer for 4 years now, You dont know how much easier it is to load from the top instead of from the front. It has an automatic lint catcher on the side that you just take out and empty about once every 10 loads. The dryer tumbles around in both directions so your clothes dont get as wrinkled. the heat is not as hot either which also makes for less wrinkles and much easier to take out of the dryer. It also has a wrinkle free setting so you can take the clothes out when its convenient. It will take a short tumble every 5 mins or so until you take them out,. which supposedly does not require much electricity. I could never go back to a regular front load dryer after this one. I love it.

• Load Capacity:

Top loading dryers should become the standard in laundry!

Load Capacity

Top load = A win for everyone that buys it!