3.8
IWL16
Fisher & Paykel Intuitive Eco Top Load Washer

Fisher & Paykel Intuitive Eco Top Load Washer

3.8

I am in love with this washing machine,

When my Maytag bit the dust at only 3 years old...I went searching for a new machine. I looked at top loaders, side loaders, & any other loader that was out there. I came across this machine but wrote it off early because it just didn't look impressive in the pictures. However, when my husband & I actually went to the store, the saleperson was a big fan. He gave us a full demonstration (including kicking it & dragging it across the floor) I was very impressed and did a little more research. Decided to purchase the machine. I have never regretted it. It has a spin cycle that wrings EVERY DROP of water out of your clothes. The up side...way less time in the dryer, the down side...wrinkles if you don't put them in dryer immediantly. It has a function that chooses the water lever best suited for your load and will balance itself 99% of the time. While a little noise is involved, it is not overly noisy. It is deceptive in that it appears to be a small machine. It isn't. It can handle very large loads. It has different settings to choose from including being able to set a Favorites and time delayed start. I cannot say enough good things about the machine. I recommend it to anyone looking for a new machine.

Buy yourself xtra circuit boards

Purchased this machine in November of 2004. Was absolutely wonderful for about 2 years.

At first I noticed that after loading clothes in the washer and going back upstairs, I would hear this little beeping tone. I would go downstairs and find that the clothes in the machine were slowly spinning around and not doing anything else, ( as in NOT washing). The only way I could get the machine to finish the cycle was to unplug the machine and let the circuit board clear itself. Most of the time it worked sometimes it did'nt. Last summer I had a repairman out. I was told that the solenoid that handles the hot water, went out. This in turn put to much pressure on the circuit board and it had to be replaced also. The machine ran fine for about 3 months then the same thing started happening again. Only for the past 3 months I have only used cold water.
This machine was rated very highly in Consumer Reports. After the 200.00 repair bill a few months ago and what I will have to spend for another repair....kindof looks like there is a KENMORE in our future. The dryer was not rated very well but have had no problems.

Not inexpensive but great value

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Fisher & Paykel Intuitive Eco Top Load Washer:

I almost purchased an LG which is one of the most popular brands but we had a space issue and instead purchased the Fisher and Paykel. The machine is less expensive than the LG and better and is a top loader which makes it easier on the back.There are few machines with this power and capacity in this small footprint which makes it great for urban laundry closets.  There are so many features on the machine but it is not hard to learn to use.

warranty doesn't do much good when parts are backordered!!!

from Ewing, MO

Comments about Fisher & Paykel Intuitive Eco Top Load Washer:

My Fisher-Paykel is only 9 months old....still under warranty.  The repairman says the motor 'froze' and motors have been on backorder for about 6 weeks.....My ex- in-laws are already tired of letting me do laundry at their house......guess I'd better stock up on quarters!

On a positive note, I do like the way it works when it's working!

great but load

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Fisher & Paykel Intuitive Eco Top Load Washer:

We bought this washer several years ago because it conserves water, extra fast spinand cleans well but its extremely loud. I can't wash cloths while my kids are sleeping because it sounds like a jet engine in my house. It expensive to replace parts and its hard to find a person to come fix it in my area.

My Fisher and Paykel washer rocks!

from Northampton, PA

Comments about Fisher & Paykel Intuitive Eco Top Load Washer:

When we moved to a rental property that didn't have a washer or dryer, we set out to find the perfect one for us. We're budget conscious, but we also care about our water-usage and also wanted to be sure it was a good washer on clothing. We settled on the Fisher & Paykel Intuitive Eco Top Load Washer IWL16, and we love it. The best thing about it is it determines how much water you need based on your load size. It doesn't just do "small", "medium", or "large" load options. I also love the delayed start feature. I have 2 boys under 2, so LOTS of laundry. I find it's a large capacity washer, and it gets my clothing super clean. I also use it to wash my cloth diapers, and they come out of the washer spotless and smelling awesome. It's small enough to fit into a small space, which is great for apartments or if you just don't want to take up a ton of space. It's quiet-I can run it while the kids are sleeping!

A Clever Machine That Makes Washing Easy - Albeit Lengthy

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Fisher & Paykel Intuitive Eco Top Load Washer:

The Fischer & Paykel Intuitive Eco washing machine is easy to use. It holds a lot, and it does what I ask it to. More importantly, it is a versatile machine. It can handle different types of stains, different types of loads, and doesn't miss a beat. I love the fact that it gets the water out in the spin much better than the previous machines that I have owned. It also seems to be pretty reliable - I haven't had any major problems with the machine in all the time that I've owned it, and I have yet to call for service.

There is one drawback with this machine - it takes up to 90 minutes for each cycle. There are ways to shorten this, but this requires knowing the controls well and being willing to accept somewhat more damp clothes for the dryer. Some other owners have reported finding lint on clothes, but I've only seen this once myself. The price is reasonable for what it does. I would definitely buy this machine again!

I thought it would be great.

from Lamar, MO

Comments about Fisher & Paykel Intuitive Eco Top Load Washer:

I decided I wanted a new washing machine, one that would make it through the spin cycle without getting off balance.  So my husband and I loaded up and headed out to shop for the perfect washing machine.  I wanted something that was large capacity, conservative on water use and most importantly able to stay in balance while spinning.  I thought I had found it in Fisher Paykal.  I am so disappointed in my machine.

The demonstration at the store was great.  It really wrung the water out of the clothes for decreasing drying time.  It was based with magnets and other stuff I didn't understand, but the sales guy could literally take it apart in front of my eyes.  The most important feature of all - a self balancing feature.  If the load was off balance it was supposed to add water to balance the load.  This does not work.

I have had the service man at my home on multiple occassions, he says it's fine, nothing wrong with it.  They fill it full of water only and run the load and say it works.  Maybe if they tried it with a load of jeans they would see the problem.  They said it had to be perfectly level to work, they leveled it, it still didn't work.

I would not recommend this machine to anyone.

Eco Top Washer Won't Let You Forget You Are Doing Laundry

from Eland, WI

Comments about Fisher & Paykel Intuitive Eco Top Load Washer:

November 14th, 2010. Would have never purchased the Fisher/Paykel Eco Top Washer had I heard it run during the WASH cycle. Salesperson was quick to show me how "dry" the cloths felt after the spinning cycle, but when I asked to have it go thru the whole cycle, there were no water hookups on the showroom floor.  How convienent.  After using my washer for the first time,  I thought something was very wrong with my washer due to the extreme noise coming from it during the WASH cycle.  I had a service tech come out right after purchasing it and tell me that this is normal noise. In the manual, it does state that the cycle sounds are different from what you are used to however, it should state they can be loud, annoying and you need to install on a lower or upper level, away from the main floor in your home. Very embarrasing when company comes over and asks what that loud noise is. I tell them its my washer and they say I must need a new one.  Never do I forget I am doing laundry. The NOISE won't let me.

Fisher Paykel makes the best washing machine ever

from Santee, CA

Comments about Fisher & Paykel Intuitive Eco Top Load Washer:

When my husband recently decided to treat me to a washing machine to replace our twenty year old Maytag I decided to do a lot of online research prior to making that purchase. We have had several disappointing experiences with American made appliances over thepast ten year or so, and I wanted to avoid another repair hog! We were familiar woth the Fisher Paykel brand because of our travels to Europe, where that particular brand is very well know for innovation and durability. The F P inntuitive clothes washer is a perfect fit for my easy going laundray day style. With a push of the selection button It makes all of the fabric care decisions for me. And it uses a rain shower wash technology that requires extremely low amounts of water, which is very important  in drought prone Southern California. My clothes come out very clean, even large items like heavy blankets and comforters. Now I just hope it lasts for 20 years or so.

This is a great washer!

from Saint Charles, MO

Comments about Fisher & Paykel Intuitive Eco Top Load Washer:

I paid more for this washer because it was so energy effecient.  I haven't been disappointed.  It took a bit getting used to the "jet engine" sound while spinning, but it has greatly reduced my drying time.  I have no complaints about this washer.

wonderful machine,wouldn't want to be without it

from Springboro, PA

Pros

Cons

Comments about Fisher & Paykel Intuitive Eco Top Load Washer:

I love the fisher paykel top loadf washing machine I have. I've had mine for about 5 years now w/no trouble.Washing great,saves water,rings out wonderfully.Great at getting clothes really clean.Very easy to use,has a delay button so you can pre program for when you want washing to start...