2.9
First Premier Bank - Platinum Mastercard

First Premier Bank - Platinum Mastercard

2.9

A Good Way To Establish Or Rebuild Your Credit

If you are looking to get started on the road to building your credit, or if you need to rebuild your credit, this credit card can help you do that. First Premier Bank offers Visa and Mastercard credit cards to people with very little credit history and to people who have less than perfect credit. Usually if you fall into one of these two catagories and want a credit card you have to pay high fees and outragous interest rates. Not so with First Premier Bank. A few years ago my credit was horrible, the low 500's and I had only been at my job a short time. First Premier Bank gave me a Platinum Visa Card with a $250 limit. They also increased my credit limit by $50 for making my first payment on time. My interest rate was 10%, but most other companies I applied with charged twice as much in fees and the interest rate was much higher. First Premier Bank does charge your credit card up front for the annual fees and such. My card had about a $75 balance on it when I recieved it. They have a low monthly minimum payment of $20-$25 but the best part is that they report to the credit bureau every month instead of every three months like most financial institutions. This means your credit score will rise quicker. This is just one of the things I did to rebuild my credit. Remember to always reasearch for the best card for you.

Fees are outrageous!

I am a twenty one year old with no credit history.  I thought signing up for a credit card would be a great way to raise my credit score.  As I was searching through Google I came across First Premier Bank.  They offered credit cards to people with little credit, no credit, or bad credit.  I applied and got approved.  I was excited to get approved for a card and was happy that I would be able to establish credit.

Once I received my card I also received a bill due for $25.00.  My card had a balance of $179.00.  This balance was due to fees.  Annual fees, internet access fees, set up fees, any fee you could think of.  My credit line was only set at $250.  This left me with an actual credit line of $71.00 but I was still stuck paying for the other $179.00 in fees.

Personally, I do not recommend this card to anyone.  It is an absolute rip off that someone should have to pay to receive a credit card.  They are going to get your money one way or another.

Good card to re-establish credit

Comments about First Premier Bank - Platinum Mastercard:

I would not recommend this card to anyone with a perfect or good credit score. I initially applied for and received the First Premier Platinum Mastercard several years ago because I needed more disposable income to pay my bills. I have a low credit score, and this was the only card available to me. I still have the card and make faithful payments on it to improve my credit rating.

Customer Service
The customer service for this card is not bad. They are serious about collecting their money but they worked to make the payments more affordable once they got a picture of my financial situation. If a payment is due they make every attempt to collect, including daily phone calls to prevent default. In the time that I have had the card I have scheduled payments from my checking account well after the due date had passed, and the customer service department is usually willing to waive late fees by adding additional credit back once the payment has been processed. Because of the willingness of the customer service department to work with me in that regard I have never fallen so far behind that I would be in default or be reported to the credit bureaus, that would result in further damage to my credit rating. In this way I have found a way to essentially rebuild my credit, even with the monthly service fee of $6.25 and the initial $300 line of credit that was significantly reduced by processing fees.

Available Rates
The interest rate for this card is 19.9%, a bit higher than other cards that I could apply for but would not be approved. I have found that I am usually able to make the minimum monthly payment of $30 without difficulty and my credit picture has improved somewhat in the time since I was approved. I may be paying more than I usually would for a credit card, but then it also goes toward restoring my score.

• Customer Service:
  • Available Rates:

Customer Service Dept Sucks!

Comments about First Premier Bank - Platinum Mastercard:

I was told they have no complaint dept. After being hung up on by the girl who said my call was being recorded. There customer service dept is horrible, When you have these issues from the gate turn and run!!!!!

Customer Service
Attitudes. Before I could give my name my ss# was asked. I just recieve the letter I was requested to call and inquire if interrested no give my bio. Haven't you heard of fraud? I didn't feel preotected it really was uncomfortable. then after I was asked to give my ss# for the 2nd time. I was boiling. when yet the young lady asked for my confirm # and ask was my address the same as the letter. I replied yes, so why do you need my ss# again? I just want to ask about the offer. WOW. Then she hung up on me when I requested to speak to a supervisor or another co-worker. She asked me why I replied be cause I don't feel comfortable talking to you. she went on to tell me how she hadn't done anything etc etc. I want to speak with someone else. thank you very much. dail tone....

Available Rates
Never got the info I wanted to know

• Customer Service:
  • Available Rates:

Snake in the Grass!!!!

from Stokesdale, NC

Comments about First Premier Bank - Platinum Mastercard:

I dont have the best of credit, which is who this card is marketed for. I received it just before X-Mas with a balance of $190 for "Processing" fees. My limit was $350, so I figured I had $160 to use, well I used $90 of it and today my available limit is $3...within 3 days my available credit went from $70, $40, $30, $4 and now $3...without ever using it?? Where is the money going?? at this rate ill be in the hole by about $-350 within a week?? Im speechless. I guess they set out to just ruin peoples credit even more, because I can get better rates with the mafia, so who do they think is going to pay these fees. Im not, they can just staple an extra page to my already bad credit file.

Great company

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about First Premier Bank - Platinum Mastercard:

This is a great company, that does care about the consumer. I know i have it rough in life and one day decided to apply, not only was the customer dept very nice but it was everything they said it would be. I gave them 10 plus stars this company is great and a trusty company as that.

worst credit card!

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about First Premier Bank - Platinum Mastercard:

this is one of the worst credit cards, this company ever made, it has a rediculous starting fee and the interest is up to the sky, please  be adviced this credit card are a no no no to any one even with bad credit. i will no recommend it to anyone at all.

The credit card vis good, but there are no points nor rewards.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about First Premier Bank - Platinum Mastercard:

**First Premier Bank - Platimun Master Card is a good card, but it has its down sides. One day I was looking for a credit card that I think would aprove me and I saw this one, so I gave it a try. My reason for getting it is, I had no credit. And it does help build up your credit, if you have none. My credit went to none then to good. And its availabe to  anyone, which is great about it. Having a credit card it great for emergenices. You can make big purchases and pay them off little at a time. If your short money and can not wait until your next pay day, then getting this card is good. The fee charges, are a little higher than other ones, but if you need then credit boost, you have no choice. But if your a bad spender, then credit cards might not be right for you. And this on is a Master Card, so it is availabe in many places and atm's. Next time your thinking about getting a credit card, think about ****First Premier Bank - Platimun Master Card, because you will know you'll get it. **

Not as great as it may seem

from Webster City, IA

Comments about First Premier Bank - Platinum Mastercard:

This credit card seemed like a really great idea when I first began looking into how to restore my credit.  They gave me a $300 limit that I could use as soon as I payed my first $25 towards the account.  It ended up costing me more than I had bargained for.  I did receive a card in the mail and i also started using it for a few small purchases here and there in the first month that i had the card.  When I received my bill there was a annual fee of 99.95 added to the card as well as a 7.00 finance charge and a couple of other really random charges.  They seemed like they were stupid charges that I shouldn't have to pay but I did anyways.  i also noted that there was no due date on the bill and apparently it seemed that you just payed whenever you felt like it.  I was very leary of this so I immediately payed some on the bill.  The next month I had recieved another bill and set it aside to pay it on my pay day.  I started receving phone calls from them a couple days later saying that i needed to pay my bill and then was charged a late fee.  How could i have been charged a late fee on something that has no due date?  I am not real pleased with this card. and dont recommend it.

First premier bank has a lot of fees!

from Bronx, NY

Comments about First Premier Bank - Platinum Mastercard:

First Premier Bank has an offer that you should refuse. Annual fee, monthly maintenance fee, set up fee's and I'm sure I have missed a fee. They even have a $5 fee to make a payment on their website. While the introductory interest rate was only 9.9% after the account set up fee and annual fee you don't feel like a favor was extended to you. Generally the opening line of credit will be below $500 and come with a balance as they charge you the set up fee and annual fee before you receive your card in the mail. While the card offers to help you rebuild your credit it compensates for taking a risk by charging astronomical fees.

If you pay on time and consistently First Premier will fatten you up even more for the kill by offering you additional credit. Not a credit line increase by any means but a additional card with a separate line of credit and separate account fee's. Be strong resist this ridiculous offer why should you have a separate credit card with another line under $500 to give them another $120 to set up when they can just increase you open line. It is because they are out to make money. They will continuously send you advertisements for the additional card. If you have absolutely no choice go for it, but you would be better off saving that $120 start up and annual fee.

Bad Credit Card and the interest rates are high.

from Valley Stream, NY

Comments about First Premier Bank - Platinum Mastercard:

I got this card four years ago when I needed a credit card to build credit at a young age. I was 25 years old. The credit limit at the time was 300 dollars but you can only use 123 dollars and had to pay the rest of the balance to active the card. That is a rip off because I feel I shouldn't have to pay a fee to active the card and should be able to use the whole thing. I mean if the card has 300 dollar  limit on it , then the card should have 300 dollar limit on it unless I use it. Also , you have to pay a $48 dollar year for having the card so even though you pay the whole amount but you have to pay the $ 48  which is lame.

You think this is bad? Try going on their website  which charges you a fee to  use the website. It charges 7 dollars to. The website is okay because you can setup payments, check out your statement history by month, day, or year. You can make payments through your checking account. The site is pretty good. You have to setup a username, password, and a security question and answer to access the site.  Also, its hard to raise your credit limit even if you pay on time.

**Bottom Line:**  Dont' get this card unless you like making them rich!!!!!

This card will kick you while you are down!

from Washington, DC

Comments about First Premier Bank - Platinum Mastercard:

The First Premier Bank Platinum credit card. I discovered this card one day while looking into ways of rebuilding my horrific credit history. This is a Master Card, and I have had no problems using it anywhere. The fees associated with this card are quite hefty. WIth an initial credit limit of $250, just by getting the card, you already owe the company $180 in "processing fees", leaving you with a big bill and only $70 in credit. Also, there is a monthly $7 fee just for having the card. Quick math  tells you that you will pay an annual fee of $84. If you want to pay your bill online - that's another 5$.

After the first year of paying religiously, on time, every month, my credit limit has increased $25. I also continue to receive offers for new cards now. They are offering a different credit card with different number. But guess what - it is another $180 in processing fees with a low credit limit.

After the initial bitterness of having to pay unnecessary fees to the company, it has turned out to be a handy little card when we need it. My suggestion if you need to use a card like this to help rebuild your credit - first research, research, research. There are similar cards out there that will hurt you more than this and some that are better than this bank.

My wife and I agreed that we would use the card only for gas purchases, and we still pay as soon as the bill comes. I imagine there are some hefty penalties for being late or going over the credit limit. Use it wisely! Also - I would not recommend getting more than one of these cards. The fees add up quickly.