3.9
Finish All in 1 Gelpacs Fresh Scent, 20 Count

Finish All in 1 Gelpacs Fresh Scent, 20 Count

3.9

Hooray! Clean dishes.

After my [Cascade with Dawn][1] fiasco that left my beautiful [blue and white dishes][2] covered with a rough, white coating I was afraid to try another dishwasher detergent, however, after some coaxing from a good friend I purchased a box of **Finish All in 1 Gelpacs**.

After inserting a Gelpac into the detergent cup, I loaded the dishwasher, taking special care to get the dishes just right (still being a bit uneasy) so that the warm water could circulate and rinse without obstruction. When the cycle was over I opened the door to the dishwasher, took out the first dish and felt how smooth it was. The dish had its' shine back, too! Wondering if the dish was a fluke I took each subsequent dish out, feeling how smooth it was; ecstatic with how good they looked.

There is no need to measure powder gel into the dishwasher with these Gelpacs. **Finish All in 1 Gelpacs **are like little, puffy pillows filled with cleanser and JET-DRY rinse agent that fit into the detergent cup of the dishwasher. The plastic dissolves as the cleansers and drying agents automatically do their thing. I'm not sure how they do what they do, I only know I am happy with the results

It is important to store the **Finish All in 1 Gelpacs **in a dry container and not to handle them with wet or damp hands. The moisture will begin to break down the plastic covering and cause it to stick to other Gelpacs or fingers.

**Bottom Line:**

I can't be happier to finally find a non-phosphorous dishwashing detergent that doesn't leave a film on my dishes and gets them shiny clean.** **Hooray! Clean dishes.

FYI: Finish is the new name for the old Electrosol brand.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Cascade-with-Dawn-Dishwasher-Powder-review-bcf96
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Wedgwood-Asiatic-Pheasants-Blue-amp-White-Dinnerware-review-27ae4

Gel pacs stuck together in the box and burst when pulled apart

**Finish All in 1 Gelpacs** do clean well. I can't deny that. I use only one in my aging dishwasher, and the dishes come out (mostly) sparkling clean.
Read complete review

However, there is a major problem I've experienced with my first and only box of **Finish All in 1 Gelpacs. **I used about 1/3 of the box, which I kept under my kitchen sink. Then I reached in for one and came up with several. Somehow, over the month or two that the box had been in my kitchen, two-thirds of the gelpacs had become glued together.

I emptied the box and tried to gently pull the gelpacs apart. There were two or three stuck together in various blobs, and even with the gentlest pull, they were firmly stuck. I managed to get a few apart, but others burst when I pulled them away from each other.

I'm not sure what design flaw led to this stickiness, but I am going to write to Finish to complain. I won't be buying gelpacs again.

As for cleaning, my most recent load had three butter knives that came out almost as dirty as they went in, with food residue still on the upturned ends. In fact, at least one was on its second trip through the dishwasher. I had to clean those knives by hand.

Otherwise, Finish All in 1 Gelpacs seem to do a fine job of cleaning. But because of the sticking problem, I can't recommend them.

Finish Quantum Gelpacs lived up to their ads!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Finish All in 1 Gelpacs Fresh Scent, 20 Count:

I used the Finish Quantum Gelpacs for the first time because I had a coupon for them. I've always been satisfied with the other brand I use, but not particularly awed by any that I've tried. We live in an area where there is particularly hard water, and the dishes often have a residue on them. To solve this we generally just add vinegar to the dishwasher every time we run it, but with the old brand the dishes still came out with the occasional film/buildup. With Finish Quantum we have not had that problem- the dishes come out SHINY and CLEAR! I am impressed by the performance, and I think they are a totally reasonable value for their price, especially with coupons.

Gel pacs stuck together in the box and burst when pulled apart

from Phoenix, AZ

I love Finish Gelpacs!

from Auburn, WA

Comments about Finish All in 1 Gelpacs Fresh Scent, 20 Count:

I really love the Finish Gelpacs. They work wonderfully well at making my dishes clean and they are also incredibly easy to use. They dissolve so well in the dish washer and never leave anything on my dishes. I genereally like to buy the products I can get for the cheapest price matching coupons and store sales and that's how I came across the Gelpacs. By trying to always get the lowest priced items I have also been able to try several other dishwasher detergents. Finish Gelpacs are my favorite. Other products I have used will sometimes leave a residue on the dishes, but the Gelpacs don't. I also recently used Cascade Liquid detergent and it worked horribly. My dishes wouldn't get clean after the cycle was done and I was starting to think my dishwasher was breaking. Then I started using Finish again and my dishes were clean again. I have also used the Finish Powerball Tabs and they also clean my dishes really well. But I prefer the Gelpacs because they are easier to use because you don't have to take them out of any packaging, other than the box. You have to make sure your hands are dry when you grab a Gelpac out, but then you just plop it in the dishwasher. So easy!

Finish is the best so far!

from Lyle, MN

Comments about Finish All in 1 Gelpacs Fresh Scent, 20 Count:

I have always used cascade in my dishwasher. I tried the cascade packs and hated them because they stuck to the door and didn't completely disolve. So I stuck to gel cascade complete. Well, one day I got a coupon for these Finish all-in-one gel packs plus they were on sale at target, so I got them free! So, what would it hurt to try for free right! So I got them and tried them out, expecting the gel packs to do what cascade's did and not work, but to my suprise my dishes came out sparkly clean! The packs dissolved as suppose to, and I was very pleased. I have gone through the whole box now and not one stuck to the dishwasher! And my dishes are the best they have ever looked. You really have to make sure your hands are dry when loading these. If they get a little wet, they get tacky, and that what might be making them stick for other people? But for now, these are my favorite washing buddies:-)

Finish Glepacs work sometimes and smell always!

from Independence, MO

Comments about Finish All in 1 Gelpacs Fresh Scent, 20 Count:

I actually bought these on accident. I was excited about a great drugstore deal and didn't notice they were the gelpacs as opposed to the Finish (Electrosol) tablets which we usually use and love. I had some concerns right away with the plastic packaging and whether it would fully dissolve in our dishwasher. They did. Then they didn't. Nothing like finding a half-dissolved mess of goo and plastic in the base of the dishwasher. When they work, they do get the dishes clean enough. My issue with these is actually the fresh scent. It may just be me but I do NOT want to open up a dishwasher of clean dishes and be overpowered by a funky "clean" type scent. I feel as though I need to rinse my clean dishes before use after using this particular product. Too much work for me! I do not know that 20 Gelpacs in a package would be very cost-effective to purchase on a regular basis either. I just read on the exterior packaging that the interior bag must be folded after opening...so perhaps that was the problem with the ones that haven't dissolved but seriously, who has time to read all the fine print on their dishwasher tablet packaging? We'll stick to the tablets around here.

The Finish Gelpacs are a dream come true

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Finish All in 1 Gelpacs Fresh Scent, 20 Count:

I didn't have high hopes for this product because I live in a state that outawed phosphates (for environmental reasons, though whatever phosphates do in your detergent has to be good because some people here are actually crossing state lines to buy detergent) AND I haven't had a dishwashing detergent work for me in years (with the exception of lemishine, which is awesome but a little pricey for me. I was able to pair a high value coupon with a sale to get a great deal on the Finish All in 1 gelpacs, so I decided to give them a try. WOW! My glass dishes that have been collecting hard water spots for months are now not only clean but shiny too! And my flatware has never been shiny, but now it is. It's amazing! I thought I'd have to buy an expensive water softener and a special dishwasher that's NOT environmentally friendly (so I can get more water in there, like the good old days) to get these results. But no, here are my beautiful dishes. I'm sold!

Do not buy Electrasol All in 1 Gelpacs

from Hopkins, MN

Comments about Finish All in 1 Gelpacs Fresh Scent, 20 Count:

Maybe the tablets get your dishes clean, but the gelpacs only left a film on everything, including my dishwasher, even after I tried the sanitize mode.  I am going back to Cascade Complete - it does an excelent job, even when we don't have a water softener in a harder water area......

They dont seem to fully dissolve!

from Tewksbury, MA

Comments about Finish All in 1 Gelpacs Fresh Scent, 20 Count:

I've been using the Finish GelPacks and noticing that I could still smell them on some of my dishes when I put hot food in them or microwaved with them.Last night I ran my dishwasher,put evrything away,looked into the dishwasher and found a glob of undissolved Gelpack on the bottom.I put everything back into the washer and it took a very long time by recycling the machine to get the sudsing out.Eating dish soap cant be healthy!Keep an eye on your final rinse.My machine is a good running Maytag and the water is very hot!Good Luck,Alvan.

Hooray! Clean dishes.

from Northern, FL

**Bottom Line:**

FYI: Finish is the new name for the old Electrosol brand.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Cascade-with-Dawn-Dishwasher-Powder-review-bcf96

Electrasol gelpacs clean better than the other brands I've tried

from Dallas, GA

Comments about Finish All in 1 Gelpacs Fresh Scent, 20 Count:

I have previously been using Cascade tabs with part powder, part gel, but these Electrasol tabs rinse my dishes so much better!  The other brands seem to leave a bit of residue, but Electrasol gelpacs are amazing!  The only downfall is they can be a bit more pricey.  However, watch for the sales and use a coupon with a sale.