2.8

• Product Selection:
    • Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

Fingerhut is great place for one to start their credit history

Many years ago I started my credit history with Fingerhut and they were so easy to work with.  I think they are a great company to get started with not to mention you can acquire some really nice things by doing so.  Yes, you might pay a little more but to get established sometimes it's worth it.

Looks like a good idea but look closer. Prices are INSANE!

***Quick View:*** Use this as a last resort. Their prices are SO inflated and their interest rates on their "convenient payment plans" are incredible. Quality is...Read complete review

***Quick View:*** Use this as a last resort. Their prices are SO inflated and their interest rates on their "convenient payment plans" are incredible. Quality is questionable as well.

***About Fingerhut ***

Quite a while ago when things were tight in the Therre household, I felt I just HAD to have some new stuff for my home. I didn't have much left on my credit cards so I went to **Fingerhut**. I had been getting their catalogs for many years but never purchased from them. Online, everything looked better. At first glance, this is a great way to shop. You buy items and only pay a small payment monthly depending on the cost of the item. It's sort of like in store credit. The catch is the items are overpriced and the payments added up plus the amazingly high shipping costs will make you jump out of your chair. I realized that I paid about five times what I would have normally paid for a comforter and sheet set. Ridiculous!

The site has loads of things for the home, personal items, and electronics. Need a new computer but can't afford one? Fingerhut makes it look easy to get one and just pay a small amount per month. I was looking at the site and they have an Acer laptop selling for $749.99 or $46.99 a month (They fail to say how MANY months you will be paying!). Not bad, eh? I found the same laptop for $478.00 at a local store. For fun, I put the laptop into my cart and was prompted to pick a warranty (It is not covered unless you buy one.). I chose one and continued on. Had I used Fingerhut's "credit card", I would have paid $1439.39 IF I paid it off the soonest I could. If I extended the payments longer, I would have been nearing two grand for a not so good laptop. This didn't even include the shipping because you won't know what it is until you give them your credit card details. Nowhere do they give a hint as to what shipping will be until you pay. And then you can pass out from shock. No one should have to be a slave to high prices, crazy shipping costs, and high interest like that.

My son thought he wanted to get some bedding from **Fingerhut** a month ago and then he saw the prices. WOW! And if he had gotten a Fingerhut credit card, he would have paying forever on a sheet set and a bedspread. I stopped him IMMEDIATELY and loaned him the money to pick some stuff up from Domestications. He saved a ton of money.

***My Viewpoint***

Use **Fingerhut **as an absolute last resort. Their prices are SO high and their payments with interest are just killer. They are like a Rent A Center online. But you buy the stuff rather than rent it. And you pay and pay and pay... The site looks slick and easy but you pay dearly for your purchases. Avoid. ***1 star.***

Biggest Ripoff Ever

from Wrightsville PA

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

I joined Fingerhut to help with repairing my credit. My first purchase was a set of sheets and comforter. I put them in washer and when I got them out the sheets and pillow cases had fallen to pieces. The comforter all the stuffing was in one corner blobbed up and you could see through what was left (this was for winter). So I wrote to Fingerhut and they said they sent a return label to my email. When I read the instructions the cost of returning the stuff was more than I paid for the set. These people sell junk and when the product seems like a good price the shipping is more than the item? They have horrible customer service and just don't want to see anyone else get ripped off like I did. They don't help with credit, they steal from their customers. Oh and I'm still paying for the sheet set that I threw away.

They screwed me over...

from Michigan

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

I'm going to start by saying, this was not completely fingerhut's fault...but it was certainly wrong. Last time I had purchased items with fingerhut wa close to a hear ago (June 2016). I had thought I had finished paying off my balance, my fault...I should of double checked. Fast forward to a few days ago, I'm checking on my credit report...making sure everything was still looking good...when I noticed I had a delinquent account. Did some digging to find out fingerhut called it in. No phone call, no letter by mail, no email. No, I find out through my credit report. I'm sorry, yes I should of checked and made sure I was in good standing. But it is also wrong for a creditor to allow an account to go on for so long, without calling or sending a letter. At least something before just selling my account to a collection agency. As soon as I found out I got the info I need to pay it off. If fingerhut would have at least tried to contact me, I would have paid! And now, because of fingerhut' disorderly system...I'm going to hav a delinquent mark for seven years. Thank you for ruining my credit. Real great company you are.

I Am A Frequent Shopper

from tx

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

I love logging onto Fingerhut.com and shopping. They have a variety of products that range from housewares, bedding, decor, kitchen appliance, electronics, unlocked cell phones, and much more.I bought a digital camera through this company, I only have to pay $24 a month for it. The chromebook that I am buying from FIngerhut is only $24 a month. Where else will you get payments that cheap? Fingerhut also has great quality products and name brands. I bought a Dyson vacuum through Fingerhut. I paid it off in less than six months. They have a option to get a credit line through Fingerhut. If your credit score isn't the greatest they still have a credit line option for you. I can't keep myself from ordering from Fingerhut because the payments are cheap and I know the brands they sell.

Good for establishing or rebuilding credit only......

from Denver CO

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

Only reason I use this account is rebuilding my credit would rate high APR high priced and customer service lacks information and very hard to understand other than that I would rate 5 stars I don't understand why everyone is so unhappy I researched and knew what I was getting myself into and I expected exactly what it is a place to establish or rebuild credit no more no less I recommend this for that purpose....

return

from reseda

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

I ordered 2 items and cancelled one and returned the other one since September and they continue charging for the same item, I called every week and they do not do anything, I will not recomended fingerhut to anyone.

Overpriced

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

Fingerhut is a good go to place for someone who is trying to build their credit, especially if you get one of their credit cards or buy something and do a payment plan rather than paying the full price at once. They are highly overpriced in my opinion and have always been for as long as I can remember. I haven't bought anything from them in years but I did recently apply for one of their credit cards just to see if I would get approved so I could better my credit but even having been approved, I have yet to buy anything from them because most of what I would buy that I see on their site I could most likely find much cheaper elsewhere.

Fingerhut Treats Customers Unfairly

from Boise, Idaho

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

Recently I purchase an item weighing less than a pound. When it came to shipping, it appeared that the charge of $14.99 was for 2-day shipping. I agreed to pay that amount since I needed the item. However, I since learned that the shipping for UPS Ground...not 2-day...is $14.99. Additionally, I have since seen this $59 FingerHut item in a store for $34.00! This company charges very high prices for mediocre products...and then really takes advantage of its customers by adding unnecessarily high costs for shipping!

Worst Service Ever!!

from Maplewood,MN

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

This place over charges for everything. You get charge $30 if you are one day late on a payment. They charge you $5 to just process your payments. I wouldn't recommend this place to my enemy!!

Packaging

from Racine Wis.

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

The worst packaging i ever seen. 1piece of tape over the box, no protection inside box smashed and wide open, no catalog just a receipt. The worst i ever seen,i was right there when the mail man delivered it. I would think twice about every order something fragile. I've order from Heartland com., the best packaging i ever seen. And dindnt pay nothing for shipping.The abousoulty worst i ever seen

Not the best way to start out a new customer!!!

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

I received a mail order request to obtain credit from Fingerhut.. So, I signed up and was awarded $400 credit line.. Perfect amount to get my new Sony RR678 Stereo Receiver. So I placed the order on Oct 22, 2015, and was immediately notified that this receiver was on backorder until Nov 2. So I wait until Nov 4th to call and find out status.. My order is now backordered until Dec 2nd. Okay.. I will wait.. On Dec 4th, I call, find out my original order has been cancelled, and that they now have the Receiver in stock.. I will have to reorder, but cannot use the same promo code. So, now my blood pressure has spiked.. What kind of customer service is this? I reorder the receiver Friday night Dec 4. I receive email notification that my order has processed and shipped and was given a tracking number with UPS tracking that it shipped Dec 7th. Not that it matters that I work in the logistics industry and know how UPS shipping and warehouse procedures work.. But, It is not 7 PM on Wednesday Dec 9th, and my receiver STILL HAS NOT LEFT THEIR WAREHOUSE. Why give a customer a tracking number that hasn't shipped yet? This is the worst experience I have had with an online retailer.. If this is their mode of normal operations.. I won't be with them very long.