2.8

2.8

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Fingerhut is great place for one to start their credit history

Many years ago I started my credit history with Fingerhut and they were so easy to work with.  I think they are a great company to get started with not to mention you can acquire some really nice things by doing so.  Yes, you might pay a little more but to get established sometimes it's worth it.

Looks like a good idea but look closer. Prices are INSANE!

***Quick View:*** Use this as a last resort. Their prices are SO inflated and their interest rates on their "convenient payment plans" are incredible. Quality is...Read complete review

***Quick View:*** Use this as a last resort. Their prices are SO inflated and their interest rates on their "convenient payment plans" are incredible. Quality is questionable as well.

***About Fingerhut ***

Quite a while ago when things were tight in the Therre household, I felt I just HAD to have some new stuff for my home. I didn't have much left on my credit cards so I went to **Fingerhut**. I had been getting their catalogs for many years but never purchased from them. Online, everything looked better. At first glance, this is a great way to shop. You buy items and only pay a small payment monthly depending on the cost of the item. It's sort of like in store credit. The catch is the items are overpriced and the payments added up plus the amazingly high shipping costs will make you jump out of your chair. I realized that I paid about five times what I would have normally paid for a comforter and sheet set. Ridiculous!

The site has loads of things for the home, personal items, and electronics. Need a new computer but can't afford one? Fingerhut makes it look easy to get one and just pay a small amount per month. I was looking at the site and they have an Acer laptop selling for $749.99 or $46.99 a month (They fail to say how MANY months you will be paying!). Not bad, eh? I found the same laptop for $478.00 at a local store. For fun, I put the laptop into my cart and was prompted to pick a warranty (It is not covered unless you buy one.). I chose one and continued on. Had I used Fingerhut's "credit card", I would have paid $1439.39 IF I paid it off the soonest I could. If I extended the payments longer, I would have been nearing two grand for a not so good laptop. This didn't even include the shipping because you won't know what it is until you give them your credit card details. Nowhere do they give a hint as to what shipping will be until you pay. And then you can pass out from shock. No one should have to be a slave to high prices, crazy shipping costs, and high interest like that.

My son thought he wanted to get some bedding from **Fingerhut** a month ago and then he saw the prices. WOW! And if he had gotten a Fingerhut credit card, he would have paying forever on a sheet set and a bedspread. I stopped him IMMEDIATELY and loaned him the money to pick some stuff up from Domestications. He saved a ton of money.

***My Viewpoint***

Use **Fingerhut **as an absolute last resort. Their prices are SO high and their payments with interest are just killer. They are like a Rent A Center online. But you buy the stuff rather than rent it. And you pay and pay and pay... The site looks slick and easy but you pay dearly for your purchases. Avoid. ***1 star.***

Overpriced

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

Fingerhut is a good go to place for someone who is trying to build their credit, especially if you get one of their credit cards or buy something and do a payment plan rather than paying the full price at once. They are highly overpriced in my opinion and have always been for as long as I can remember. I haven't bought anything from them in years but I did recently apply for one of their credit cards just to see if I would get approved so I could better my credit but even having been approved, I have yet to buy anything from them because most of what I would buy that I see on their site I could most likely find much cheaper elsewhere.

Fingerhut Treats Customers Unfairly

from Boise, Idaho

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

Recently I purchase an item weighing less than a pound. When it came to shipping, it appeared that the charge of $14.99 was for 2-day shipping. I agreed to pay that amount since I needed the item. However, I since learned that the shipping for UPS Ground...not 2-day...is $14.99. Additionally, I have since seen this $59 FingerHut item in a store for $34.00! This company charges very high prices for mediocre products...and then really takes advantage of its customers by adding unnecessarily high costs for shipping!

Worst Service Ever!!

from Maplewood,MN

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

This place over charges for everything. You get charge $30 if you are one day late on a payment. They charge you $5 to just process your payments. I wouldn't recommend this place to my enemy!!

Packaging

from Racine Wis.

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

The worst packaging i ever seen. 1piece of tape over the box, no protection inside box smashed and wide open, no catalog just a receipt. The worst i ever seen,i was right there when the mail man delivered it. I would think twice about every order something fragile. I've order from Heartland com., the best packaging i ever seen. And dindnt pay nothing for shipping.The abousoulty worst i ever seen

Not the best way to start out a new customer!!!

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

I received a mail order request to obtain credit from Fingerhut.. So, I signed up and was awarded $400 credit line.. Perfect amount to get my new Sony RR678 Stereo Receiver. So I placed the order on Oct 22, 2015, and was immediately notified that this receiver was on backorder until Nov 2. So I wait until Nov 4th to call and find out status.. My order is now backordered until Dec 2nd. Okay.. I will wait.. On Dec 4th, I call, find out my original order has been cancelled, and that they now have the Receiver in stock.. I will have to reorder, but cannot use the same promo code. So, now my blood pressure has spiked.. What kind of customer service is this? I reorder the receiver Friday night Dec 4. I receive email notification that my order has processed and shipped and was given a tracking number with UPS tracking that it shipped Dec 7th. Not that it matters that I work in the logistics industry and know how UPS shipping and warehouse procedures work.. But, It is not 7 PM on Wednesday Dec 9th, and my receiver STILL HAS NOT LEFT THEIR WAREHOUSE. Why give a customer a tracking number that hasn't shipped yet? This is the worst experience I have had with an online retailer.. If this is their mode of normal operations.. I won't be with them very long.

Completely Satisfied

from Caribou, Maine

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

I have been a customer for three years and found that the service is excellent, time frames are honored, customer service very involved when needed..{ the one time I utilized customer service was to change my e-mail address, and they were very prompt} and the products are top rate. If you utilize their credit option then be prepared to pay more than the minimum payments if you are a serious customer....gee...how novel an idea...as Fingerhuts credit is based in the same realm of reality as every other institution..It is very easy to pay down your bill. And yes it is true...Fingerhut is an excellent opportunity to build your credit IF you take responsibility for your purchases and stay on top of them. Anybody telling you different is prb. incapable of maintaining credit of ANY kind. Again, I am very happy.

Fingerhut customer service is horrible

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

I chose Fingierhut because it is a great credit builder, yes the interest and shipping is extremely high but I know it helps to build your credit score quickly. I was just recently married and when I signed up for an account they wanted me to call the 800 number because of my last name change. First of all I didn't like that fact that I did this on the weekend and had to wait til Monday because they don't answer the phone on the weekend. When I did make my phone call on Monday, the representative told me she would send me a e-mail with the docs I need to send to verify my last name change. I never received the e-mail, so when I called them back 20 minutes to 6 PM, they kept disconnecting the call and I tried several times. Then I went online to chat and the chat kicks me out, with no message stating to try back at regular business hours or any message at all. Even though the prices were high, I was willing to deal with this company, but I will not tolerate rude customer service, there is enough unprofessional people in the world I have to deal with and if I can avoid them I will. Fingerhut lost a customer in me!

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

Fingerhut.com is a good site for people if you have bad credit and want to build up your credit. The overall site has most products you would get if any major store. The prices are much higher though, so if you are looking to build your credit this would be a nice start, but do not expect deals and great product pricing.

Product Selection
They have a variety of products from Apple products, gaming systems, household appliances, toys, and more.

Product Pricing
The products on the site are much higher than they would be in store or even online in most stores.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is normally from within a week and the return process is fairly easy. They provide you with a free return label and credit your account once the return is received. I did have one issue with shipping. In purchasing a weight bench the item was damaged during shipping and I was never notified by Fingerhut.com. It had been three weeks and I had still not received the item. In contacting FedEx I learned the item was damaged and returned to Fingerhut.com. Fingerhut had received the returned and credited back to my account. The customer service agent said there was a misunderstanding and they had thought I returned the product, but I had never received the item.

• Shipping and Returns:

Sell many products, but hard to find what you are looking for.

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

This site carries many items. I was looking to buy a handbag, but only found certain brands and styles. I wanted to buy a chess table for the game room, but they only sold smaller pieces, and didn't suit my needs. You can really find nearly anything on this site, the problem is the items are extremely specified, so you may not find the style, color, size, or price you want.

I also found the prices to be quite inflated. In comparison to amazon.com or ebay.com, their prices were much higher, for similar if not the same exact items that I wanted to buy. And, yes, they do offer you the option to finance, but the interest charges are so high it really isn't worth it, unless the item is one you can't live without, and would otherwise never be able to avoid it.

I found many items, and that they sell nearly anything. Issues I had were: extremely high prices, lack of selection (within each product category), and even with financing, you end up paying way too much for items you can find for far less on other sites.

Shipping and Returns
I never placed an order, but the site claims to offer same day shipping, as well as two day shipping on certain items, as well as free shipping for certain order totals.

Great site

from TN

Comments about Fingerhut.com:

I really enjoy browsing the fingerhut.com website. There is so much to look at that I do not think it is possible to see everything. They have a huge variety of products to offer. They have things like garden statues, electronics, clothing, and even decorations. Personally, my favorite section on the website is the seasonal sections. I absolutely love when the website has Halloween and Christmas decorations. They have some of the most unique and affordable holiday decorations. I also like the odd and end things I have seen on the website like pot holders and bathroom towels. The products I have ordered from this website have always been high quality and very durable. Along with being well made they are very affordable. I pay in full when I order things but if you want to you can try to get a payment plan arranged according to your credit.

This website is really easy to use. It has everything sectioned off into different categories so it is pretty easy to find what you may be interested in.