4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Get Gorgeous Hair

Every since I tried the Finesse hair care line about 4 years ago, I have been a big fan. It is about the only shampoo that lives up exactly to what it says. Even though I dye my hair quite often, and have been for the last 8 years, since I've been using this shampoo, my hair has always been shiny and soft. I couldn't be happier with a shampoo's performance than I am with Finesse. It is affordable and great to use. It makes your hair feel wonderful and smell amazing too. I use the Moisturizing shampoo for color treated hair because my hair does get dry. You use it as you would a regular shampoo, wetting your hair first, then massaging into scalp, then rinsing, etc. The liquid is white and the smell is quite pleasant, kind of sweet, but not overwhelming. I love running my hands through my hair after using Finesse, there is nothing nicer than having soft hair. I think this product is great for everyone and is something you will not be unsatisfied with.

Finesse made my scalp itch

I orignially bought Finesse Moisturizing shampoo on a sale and with coupons which made my out of pocket paid minimal so I wasn't too upset when I was disappointed with the product and ended up giving it away along with 2 other bottles I had purchased.  I used the shampoo every day for a couple weeks and found that my scalp had become very itchy, not necessarily dry but just itched all the time.  I would switch between Finesse moisturizing shampoo and a dandruff shampoo thinking that would help.  It didn't.  But once I decided to try using a different shampoo daily did my problem resolve itself.  All in all, Finesse moisturizing shampoo is not for me!  However, I did give my shampoo to my mom.  She had never tried it before.  I told her why I disliked it but she was willing to give it a whirl.  It works great for her and heck, she made out with 2 1/2 bottles of free shampoo.  That should last her a while!

A Great Buy

Comments about Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo:

I recently ran out of shampoo and needed to grab something to hold me over until my order came in. I was at the grocery store and this Finesse was on sale. I grabbed it and decided to give it a try. I'm very glad I did!
I needed something to moisturize my dry winter hair. This shampoo, along with the conditioner got the job done! In just a few washes, I felt my dry hair regain life and volume! My hair continued to suck up the moisturizing components in this shampoo. In addition, it smells fantastic!

Definitively gets the job done and moisture back into dry hair. My hair gets exceptionally dry during the cold New England winters. I have not had luck with many moisturizing shampoos and conditioner until now. I always had to spend extra money on a moisture mask. The Finesse moisturizing shampoo and conditioner do such a good job, I can eliminate that moisture mask and save some money!

Smells fantastic! Clean scent that lasts!

Not great, not bad

Comments about Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo:

I had used Finesse shampoo/conditioner when I was a teenager and was pretty pleased with the product. My parents bought it because it was a good value (and still is). However, I had moved away and tried other products over the last ten years or so. When I saw it at the store, I decided to try it again. I was disappointed in the product now that I have tried other brands. I did seem to moisturize, but maybe too much so for my hair. After my shower, I would find that my hair felt somewhat filmy, particularly after using for several days. This may have been more the conditioner than the shampoo, however. It also made my scalp somewhat itchy, oddly. Now, I am using up the bottle my alternating with my regular brand. When I use it only every few days, it works well for my hair.

I did not walk away with that clean feeling after multiple uses...more like a filmy residue on my hair.

Not a bad scent by any means, but nothing fancy.

Not a good shampoo at all

Comments about Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo:

I thought about trying this finesse moisturizing shampoo and I didn't like it at all. It didn't do anything for my hair but made it worse. It made my hair really oily and it made my hair very frizzy. My hair felt like I had a bunch of porduct in it and I didn't. It doesn't really smell all that good either. It smells kinda like rubbing alcohol. I wasn't happy with it at all with this shampoo. I thought it deep cleaned my scalp and hair but it didn't. It gets really soapy and it lathers up well but it didn't do anything for my hair. My hair looked really dry at the ends and my scalp looked oily. I wouldn't use this for color treated hair because of the smell it might strip out your color faster. I think it was a little too harsh for my hair and scalp. It had little tiny pieces of shimmer to it I seen when I used it. Its supposed to be moisturizing I think it was a little moisturizing for the scalp maybe it was just too much for my hair. I wouldn't buy this shampoo again.

Bad chemical smell

Comments about Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo:

I'm a shampooaholic and in my quest to find the perfect shampoo, I have bought almost every major brand on the market. I really love perfect hair and the cost to maintain that is quite high.

This is a shampoo that is great at reducing the dryness in my hair. It's a great shampoo that smells decent. It leaves my hair very shiny. It feels really clean and it is very soft.

The scent is a bit too strong though, but I am unable to describe the scent because it seems to be quite artificial and chemical in nature, so it's nothing natural that I can compare it too. It is a strong scent, so please smell it before hand before you purchase this.

This is something that I use on an as needed basis.

I don't know if they changed the formula of the scent, but it did smell better before, so I need to ask them about what changes have happened in the meanwhile.

Very strong chemical smell, not natural smelling at all.

Not A Fan Of The Scent

from New York, NY

Comments about Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo:

I purchased the Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo for my husband to try. He has fine, medium length hair and suffers from a dry, itchy scalp. He has tried a number of different shampoo's all with varying degrees of results. Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo did a good job at leaving his hair feeling soft, perhaps even a little too good, as it left his hair feeling too soft with no texture or volume. Finesse claims that their shampoo contains silk and soy proteins that protect the hair with a coat of conditioning and shine. I think this is the reason why it left my husband's hair looking flat and dull.

Another somewhat negative of this shampoo is the scent. Neither of us liked the smell of the shampoo. It has a distinct green/woodsy/earthy scent to it and it was quite strong too.

I would not recommend Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo for those with fine hair. By contrast I think Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo would work great if you have thick or dry hair and looking to add moisture to your hair. It is a strong shampoo that will leave your hair super soft which I think works better for those with medium or thick hair.

Taking the strength of the shampoo and its smell (not very appealing), I would rate Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo 3 out of 5 stars.

Neither my husband or I were a fan of the smell of Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo. It has a distinct woodsy/green smell that was not appealing.

Best Ever

Comments about Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo:

That shampoo combined with the conditioner is crazy amazing. I've tried many other shampoos and conditioners but the one is the absolute best. My hair would get dry, frizzy, and tangled from using other shampoos but two uses of this completely fixed it. In a couple weeks, my hair was so smooth, soft, and tangle free. Then, everyone wanted to touch my hair and kept complimenting me about it. They also kept asking what shampoo I use. I'm so happy I found this shampoo and conditioner. However, i have just a slight amount of dandruff, but i couldn't care less. Also, this shampoo smells really good. It's not fruity or floral. It's just a really nice smelling scent. I can't describe it because nothing smells like it. And after my hair drys for couple hours, it smells amazingly good. The smell is so much more enhance. I don't know if this is weird, but people kept sniffing my hair and saying i smell nice. This is the only brand of shampoo I will ever use!!!

Great Shampoo!

from Shermans Dale, PA

Comments about Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo:

I just recently started using Finesse shampoo. We got an awesome deal on it at Rite-Aid and so I figured we really had nothing to lose. I am now hooked! This shampoo creates a million bubbles in your hair, so you don't have to use much at all. I always used Pert shampoo before this and I think I have to use about half the amount of finesse shampoo. It smells super good too..... not too strong, but it leaves a good scent in your hair all day long!

I'm sure this shampoo isn't as good as those super expensive ones.... I wouldn't know since I'm too poor to buy those! But I think this shampoo defenitly gets the job done! It cleans your hair with lots of little bubbles, smells good, and isn't super expensive. I think I will continue to use it as long as I can get good sales on it. Plus you can take into account that since you are using less then some other brands, you can afford to pay a little more for it!

finesse shampoo is the best out there!

from Henderson, NV

Dear consumers...

The product that I reviewed is finesse shampoo. It was one of those shampoo's from back when I was a teenager and it was the kind my mom bought for the house. I remember how it would help my hair shine and feel so soft. Well I was in the store the other day and felt like I needed to change my hair products, when I came across finesse again. I opened the bottle and the smell just brought back memories of the good hair days. The bottle still looks the same but the texture is so much thicker. Alittle shampoo goes along way, specially for the long hair ladys.

I bought the shampoo and conditioner. After I used it, my hair just felt so much cleaner. My boyfriend commented on the smell of my hair and how much softer it was. My favorite part is, it took about a week but my hair looks so much healthier. I have been using it for about two months now and I get compliments on it all the time. Looks better, Feels better, More Healthier, What more can you ask for? Try it and see for yourself what Im talking about.

Finesse make your hair soft and shinny!

from Jonesville, MI

Comments about Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo:

Finesse is a great product. It makes your hair soft and shinny. Finesse strengthens, condition and moisturized my hair just like they claim on their label. I wish you could find this product in all stores.

Tried it once and definitely wouldn't use it again

from Saint Joseph, MI

Comments about Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo:

I recently tried Finesse shampoo for the first time and definitely would not use it again. I received a free travel size sample and decided to give it a shot. I have been a long time Aveda user but have recently experimented with different shampoos and conditioners - Finesse was definitely not one that worked for me. The shampoo was pretty runny and the smell reminded me of bar soap!! It didn't lather well for me and I honestly felt like it left a film behind on my hair (which is NOT a good feeling)! After rinsing it out, I really felt the need to wash my hair again because it was NOT clean. I followed up with the Finesse conditioner and spent the entire day regretting the experiment. My hair was dry and frizzy and smelled like cheap bar soap. I would definitely not recommend this to anyone.