3.4

• Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

Give the Gift of Good Taste

I am a sucker for a polite and friendly salesperson.

I am a sucker for a polite and friendly salesperson.

I recently received a phone call from a customer service representative thanking me for my past holiday purchases.  He was so pleasant and polite, that when he asked if I would be interested in placing an order for a Figi's daily special, I was compelled to say *"yes."*

Now, this impulsivity goes against everything a bargain shopper believes in.  I almost never purchase anything on a whim, and since the holidays were over I really wasn't in the market for a gift basket.  Still, he was charming...

By the end of the conversation, I had agreed to be the owner of a gift box of specialty shortbread cookies.  With shipping charges, the cookie assortment cost a total of (*gulp!*) $25.49.  No matter that I could have easily purchased a couple of packages of Lorna Doones at the grocery store for a fraction of that price.  I had made the commitment to purchase so I went to the website to see what I was getting.

**Figis.com** is home to a wide selection of gift baskets featuring breakfast hams, fruit and nuts, meats and cheeses, as well as cakes and candies.  I generally purchase tins of cashews and mixed nuts to give away as stocking stuffer gifts to friends and family.  There is usually a "free gift" promotion with Figi's holiday catalog.  In my experience, the gift(s) generally consist of various mini cheese blocks and sausage logs that no one ever seems to eat. (I usually end up tossing them out).  Still, if you're in the market for cheese wedges and sausage chubs, Figis.com is the place for you.

As far as payment options go, Figi's offers a "Buy Now Pay Later" option that allows you to spread your payments into three monthly installments.  My first payment for the Christmas shipment was not due until Valentine's Day.  The payment window gives you plenty of time for your budget to recover from all of the out-of-control holiday spending.

Once I received my order, I have to say that the quality of the cookies was excellent.  The shortbread was flavorful, fresh and downright indulgent.  There's no question that this was one of my more extravagant cookie purchases, but I have no complaints.  I'll still return faithfully to purchase my annual tins of nuts.

Maybe I'll throw in a basket of cookies as a gift to myself for being so thrifty most of the time.

Awfull Awfull Awfull

I ordered a smoke turkey for Thanksgiving. It was 8 days getting to me. I called customer service to ask if it was packed in dry ice. Figis told me that it comes in peanuts and a refrigerated truck when shipped by UPS. Well it arrived and was dropped at my local post office where it sat overnight not refrigerated. UPS has a contract with USPS that if a USPS sticker on it, then they can drop it off at the local post office. The next day I go and get it and opened it up and it was room tempture at best. I called Figis and told them I was concerned that it came room temp. They told me to throw it out and I did. The ferrel cats outside would not even eat it. I told Figis that this would of made my guest sick had they ate it or could of died. I was smart enough to know not to feed it to them due to the condition it came in. Think if someone did not know that?? All they did was say sorry. Did not offer to send something else.I said I would only except maybe a ham, but guess what, they said nothing. BUYER BEWARE IF YOU GET SOMETHING LIKE THIS DO OT EAT IT!!!. They don't even deserve the one star I gave them, but had to because you can not write a review unless you do. SHAME ON YOU Figis

Grandma's Fruitcake

from Hayesville, IA

Comments about Figis.com:

We ordered your $55.00 grandma's fruitcake and we loved it. It is the best we've ever had after 50 yrs of buying them. It's even better than my late mother-in-laws.
Eugene Spicer

Sugar free.

from Littleton N.H.

Comments about Figis.com:

Sugar free walnut fudge,where is the walnuts? Not smooth and its like eating a peace of dry bread. Comes to you in a can in one big gob. Its like tough and have bought better fudge for a lot less money. awful.

Good, but overpriced

from Latham, NY

Comments about Figis.com:

My latest order from Figi's arrived promptly and the taffy and candy I ordered was tasty. The problem is the items are far too expensive for what you get. The very high prices for their items certainly prevent me from ordering more as gifts or for myself. The "free gift," which was a tin of 8 chocolate samplers was poor quality chocolate. I guess it's the thought that counts. Hmm.

Exceptional. Both taste and value. Highly reccommeded.

from Montgomery, Alabama

Comments about Figis.com:

My wife and I are eating it for pure enjoyment.

i would buy this product again.

from alpena michigan

Comments about Figis.com:

I love your cheese and sausage. but, I have to order the pounders, because a lot of it is very .small and, I would b embarrassed If I sent something so small as a Christmas gift and it is kind of expensive for the small pkg. so I just bite the bullet and go for the pounders cuz, I know I will b getting enough to go around on new years eve or Christmas

customer service

from Sunapee, N.H. 03782

Comments about Figis.com:

I have had good luck with whatever I have purchased from figis, everything is so tasty. I have always received in good conditions and a good timely matter. I was just getting ready to send another order in for my future entertaining with you special candies and hordeurs.Your t shirts are good quality also. Also the hats look real good for your hat collectors. I just receive peanut brittle that is very tasty and also cashew nut are very good also. I hope thie review covers your requirments to receive the special gift that is mention on the little leaflet.

Beverly

i did not care for these items i ordered

from cleveland,ga

Comments about Figis.com:

i have purchased various items and sent them for Christmas gifts over the years and this year i thought i would try what i was sending.. i was disappointed in three items,the divinity (was grainy), the rum cake (disappointed in it completely,I threw it away) the Merry Christmas petit fours were dry and tasteless.i will not buy these again....had a problem getting my order had to call multiple times to finally get it

Don't buy Walnut Old World Kolacky

from Blanchester Ohio

Comments about Figis.com:

I received this product ahich was dry, possibly out of date and fell apart when trying it.

poor customer service

Comments about Figis.com:

This past Christmas we ordered from Figis, after some time had past we had heard nothing and contacted them about shipping to which they replied that they needed a percentage down to proceed with order, after discussion they also informed us we could not pay this any other way than via a check, we over nighted it, after another week we had heard nothing. We called they said they had not had confirmation of payment, so we told them to cancel the order as nothing would get to the recipients in time, they said they cancelled order and we put stop payment on check. A few days later they send a message that order has shipped with changes, changes we were not asked about, nor informed about ahead of time dispite the fact they said order was canceled, we call, we explain it all again, tell them the reason we chose the items we did ( food allergies and all that ) they say they will cancel shipment and that there will be no charges and what do we see? thank yous for the gifts, and a bill in the mail. We will never do business with them again.

Terrible customer service

Comments about Figis.com:

I ordered gifts totally over $100 on 12/21/14 to be delivered by Christmas. I paid extra for this guaranteed shipping date. None of the recipients received their gifts. Upon contacting Figis customer service they informed me that I chose the three payment option and they sent a letter telling me I needed to provide a 50% down payment. They sent a letter to me on 12/22/14 telling me this. Obviously I would not receive that letter till after Christmas, so they did not ship any of the items. They had my phone number and email address but they send a letter?? What a joke.

• Product Selection: