4.1
Fidelity Funds IRA

Fidelity Funds IRA

4.1

Fidelity provides easy, friendly service

When changing jobs, I needed to rollover my 401k into an IRA.  At first I checked with my bank, because that seemed logical and after discussing my 401k I was left with two options 1.  to start an IRA that required an annual fee 2. to rollover my 401k into a savings bond.  Neither seemed like great ideas.  After talking with my father, he told me about using Fidelity for his rollovers.  After crusing around their website I easily started an account; however, I was still confused about the procedure of rolling of my 401k so I called up the 1-800 number and the representative was highly informative, patient, and friendly.  After my rollover went smoothly Fidelity contacted me to make sure I was happy and if I needed any further assistance.  The best part is that there are no annual fees or confusing rules.  Based on my experience, I would highly recommend Fidelity.  To me friendly and helpful customer care are crucial and it seems that too few companies keep this policy.

Beware of the Website

I have an IRA and a Roth IRA with Fidelity.

I am very frustrated with their website.  It is - by far - the most difficult website to use, out of all of the financial institutions I have worked with.  Either their IT department is totally incompetent, or they make things confusing and slow because they think they can make more money that way.  Either way, I'm looking forward to yanking my money out of Fidelity.

More helpful than vanguard

from Clyde, OH

Comments about Fidelity Funds IRA:

I have both Vanguard and Fidelity 401k. Vanguard didn't want to take the time to walk me throught the setup of a rollover valued at $3000. Fidelity on the other hand walked me threw the process, step by step. I have had Vanguard for over 10 years and Fidelity for 1 year. Fidelity website if a bit difficult to navigate. The one thing I know the most about is Fidelity is the only one that has showed dividens for my account. Plus a 401k is nothing more than a savings acoount. You can prove this by taking the stock symbol and look up the history on another website. Most mutual funds price have traded in the same price range since it was developed. If you can save the money and put it into a IRA is better. Mutual funds are a group of stocks, I feel you want buy individual stocks.

not for small investors

from Portland, OR

Comments about Fidelity Funds IRA:

I had my IRA with them (years ago - so it could be very different now) and decided to transfer it somewhere else. Fidelity personnel was not very concerned with small accounts. Fees (various and somewhat rather "unexpected") were also excessive.. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Beware of the Website

from New Orleans, LA

I have an IRA and a Roth IRA with Fidelity.

Fidelity Funds IRA are the way to go.

from Victorville, CA

Comments about Fidelity Funds IRA:

I am a 20 something adult and when I started working full time that last thing on my mind was the 401K account. The company that I worked for at the time offered something similar to the Fidelity Funds IRA. It is a Fidelity 401K account and even in this rocky economy it is making me money$$$$. My only con with using it is that now that I am no longer employed with that company I am not able to add to this account and looking at the comparision where I am adding growth to this plan; my new funds at ING are seeing a decline. I know that every one says it doesn't matter becuase I am buying low to build more units in the future but the peice of mind that I receive from Fidelity Funds IRA is better. It feels great to sign into the account and see the green growth symbols instead of the red ones. Ulitmately I think just having an account to save for my future puts me at least 10 years ahead of the retirement game, until then I will just use Mypoints.com to get free rewards to live a frugal life.

Fidelity provides easy, friendly service

from Dunedin, FL

401k - KNOWLEDGEABLE & FRIENDLY SERVICE

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Fidelity Funds IRA:

Excellent online investment. I've been a customer for 7 years now. Rolling over my 401k was easy and fast. This company has saved me money and time due to their professionalism and expertise in the investment area.

I like my options within Fidelity 401k

from Cypress, TX

Comments about Fidelity Funds IRA:

My company has a generous 401k in which I invest the maximum to prepare for my future. I like that Fidelity has made it easy to research and invest in producers with average to fantastic ten year hostories. I am really excited since they opened up Fidelity Low Priced Stock again, whew!

Fidelity IRAs are very user-friendly

from Mokena, IL

Comments about Fidelity Funds IRA:

I have opened a Traditional IRA for myself and a ROTH IRA for my husband through Fidelity Investments.  I found the entire process to be simple and very user-friendly.  They walk you through the set-up process step by step.  If you are unsure of the type of account you want to open their website does a very good job of explaining the different brokerage and retirement accounts that are available to you.  I have called their customer service department several times to inquire about product offerings and fees, and have found them to be very helpful.  I also find their commissions to be very competitive.  If you want cheaper commissions you are going to need to go with a Charles Schwab type company.  Definitely be aware of the fee's you are paying for individual mutual funds that you purchase - but Fidelity offers a number of "no-load" funds that are very good.  If you are concerned about mutual fund fee's also consider looking into Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) which trade more like stocks and do not charge on-going fees.

good fund options

from Fargo, ND

Comments about Fidelity Funds IRA:

First thing that I would like to say is: you have got to purchase roth IRA when you still can. It saves you tax and trouble after you retire.

Second, Fidelity has lots of good funds. They have friendly advisor to help you as well when need one, and it is not hard to find one and fit into your time schedule.

I have invested in fidelity for over five years now. In general, their funds have good returns (above average).It also has very diversified choices for you to choose from. If you have never invested before, fidelity is the place to start

Fidelity is knowledgeable and helpful with 401K investing.

from Bell, FL

Comments about Fidelity Funds IRA:

My husband has a Fidelity 401K with his employer.  This is not the first investment services we've had but it is the first that takes an active interest in what you want for your money.

They educate you according to what you are planning to do with your money.  If you are a high risk investor they have suggestions for that.

If you prefer to have your money work in a different way then Fidelity is capable of finding the right fit for your needs.

When the recession hit and the market took the plunge, our investments with Fidelity lost less money per share than any other investments we had.  Because we were low risk investors some of our investments didn't lose money and some gained.