Other Snacks & Cookies:
Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars

Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars

Pros

Cons

Yummy high fiber, but the by-product could light a candle

***Bottom-Line***: General Mill Fiber One snack bars have found a place in the pantry.  I like the whole grain goodness, the great taste and high fiber.  Read complete review

I am modifying my diet; I want to lose weight, but at a reasonable pace; i.e. 1 or 2 pounds a week.  But I spend a lot of time on the road, so finding foods to snack on through my long days has been a huge challenge, one that all too often lead me to *McDonalds, Wendy's Burger King*, or some other fast food joint.

So as much as I love fast food for the convenience and its ability to fill me up, in order to lose the weight, I have to give them up.  So what to replace them with: fresh fruits, lots of fresh fruits, and *General Mills ***Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bars.**

**Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bars** are made with whole grains; that means they are high in fiber, in fact *General Mills* claims that each **Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bar** contains 35% of the daily value of fiber, is a good source of calcium, and a good source of whole grains.

But the most important part is the taste; **Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bars** are yummy.  The bars are chewy and moist, but not chalky and dry like some bars that I have tried in the past have been.  And for a chocolate lover there is no better combination.  **Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bars** are now apart on my new fit for life food program.

The bars do have one minor-or major depending on your perspective-by-product: gas!  So beware.

**Nutritional Information:**

One serving (40 grams) of *General Mills* **Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bars** contains 140 Calories, 4.0 grams of fat (including 1.5 grams of saturated fat, and 0 grams of Trans Fat), 0 mg of Cholesterol, 90 mg of Sodium, 29 grams of carbohydrates, 9 grams of dietary fiber, 10 grams of sugar, and 2.0 grams of protein.

Expected Fiber One Chewy Bars To Taste Better

After watching the countless television commercials and reading the magazine ads, I thought that I would give the General Mills Fiber One Chewy Bars a chance. I'm constantly watching my weight and looking for delicious snacks that are 90 or 100 calories. Plus I was excited about getting my daily 20% of fiber intake. Of course I had to buy the bars with chocolate in them to satisfy my sweet tooth. The picture on the front of the box looked delicious enough when I saw them in person. Quite to my own surprise, I was sorely disappointed. It tasted just like a diet food and the chocolate did not taste like the real thing. Others may disagree with me, that is their choice but my honest opinion is that I will never buy them again. I think they are expensive for the few bars that come in the box. Actually price would not have mattered if I really enjoyed them. Ordinarily I hide my snacks from the family, this time I gladly gave them away and nobody in the house thought that they were that fabulous. I'm always saddened when I don't have a favorable review but that is why everyone has their own taste. You really won't know until you try them out now, will you?

My favorite granola bar!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars:

Let me just start off with the fact that these granola bars are absolutely delicious! I love the large dark chocolate chunks that are scattered all throughout this bar. The sweetness of the oats and the richness of the chocolate go together perfectly.

Another aspect of these bars that I enjoy is how portable they are. I can keep a bar in my purse so I have something to snack on at any time throughout my day. They're also great to put in kids' school lunches. I enjoy snacking on these between meals to keep me from getting hungry throughout the day.

Lastly, I really like how Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars have nine grams of fiber. These bars contain twenty-nine carbohydrates, so this means there are only twenty net carbohydrates per bar. This isn't bad at all. Most of the leading granola bars have more carbohydrates and less fiber. This bar is by far the healthiest and most tasty choice.

Amazing

Comments about Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars:

This is a great tasting, nutrient rich granola bar that is perfect for a snack or replacement for breakfast if you're on the go. This bar is low in calories compared to most other granola bars which instantly sets it apart from others. Another thing that really makes it amazing is it has a whooping nine grams of fiber and only ten grams of sugar, which is really mind boggling to me, because this bar is so sweet. I love this granola bar because it reminds me of eating a candy bar, only it has only a fraction of the calories of a candy bar and loads of nutrition. Another winning aspect of this product is it has 10% of a daily value of calcium, which is very important to me because I'm a women, and that's an essential nutrient for bone growth and prevention in bone diseases. The only thing that I wish was different about this granola bar is it has unnatural ingredients, some of which I don't completely understand. However, I know what 95% of the ingredients are, and because this is a low calorie, nutrient rich granola bar, I stick with it. It really is delicious, and I am sticking with it.

Okay snack

Comments about Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars:

These aren't bad, but I don't think they're that good either. They're sweet so they're not a bad snack if you are on a diet or want extra fiber. I do think there are better tasting similar granola bar type snacks. These are very chewy and they do taste like chocolate but I find the flavor to be a little bland.

Very good bar, a little expensive

Comments about Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars:

This product is delicious and pretty healthy for a little snack. The combination of chocolate and oats makes for a sweet and chewy snacking option. The cost of this product makes me not buy them unless I can find them on sale or I can find a coupon for them. There are many other options in this category that are just as healthy and just as delicious.

amazing

Comments about Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars:

these bars are great. I always have some in my car and work bag. they do not have many unnatural ingredients, they have a lot of fiber, and, what I think is best of all - they do not get hard. they are really soft and delicious, exactly what I want in a granola snack bar

you don't get much for the price

Comments about Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars:

These bars tastes great, and are more like eating a candy bar than a granola bar. There's no noticable difference in the taste or experience between this and other brands, so however they're sneaking in the fiber they're doing a great job. My kids love them (when I have a coupon! I'd never pay full price for these). The bars are really small though, and there's only five in a box which seems like an odd number and a skimpy supply for the high price of this item.

A delicious, and healthy bar, but with a weird texture.

Comments about Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars:

This is basically a healthy bar, that was made to taste nice. Sadly, I personally don't like the texture too much, and I don't think many people do, so I didn't give this any higher than a 8.

Since there are no more rating box thingy's I'll make up my own, and you should know by now how 1 is worst and 10 is best, so hopefully, you guys like my criteria!!!

Taste! 9
It tastes great, but its one of "those" foods, where if you eat too much, it doesn't not just taste good, but it starts to taste bad. Its really the same with all foods with oats in them. The chocolate is added in perfectly to not be overwhelming, but add a nice background flavor, to the mostly bland bar. That also is why it tastes bad if you eat too much, you start to notice the blandness of it. Have one every day or two. That should make sure you get your daily fiber but not hate the taste!

Texture 6 Ugh!
I really don't like the texture. It's grainy'ish and doesn't feel nice in my mouth. It really just doesn't I don't like most granola bars and such but this one is especially weird to me. My opinion though, so don't let this affect your decision too much.

Nutrition. 9. Fantastic
Its nutrition is amazing. Great amounts of fiber, but there is still some sugar in it. Not too much, not nearly enough to even classify this as not healthy, but not unhealthy, It is definitely in the healthy range, with alot of wiggle room to spare.

Hope this helped!!!!!!!
:D <3

A lot of Fiber with Great taste!

Comments about Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars:

I first got the Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars after receiving a coupon. They are really healthy and have 35% fiber. I figured for it to contain that much fiber that I would sacrifice taste but I was wrong. This chocolate bar is really good and the chocolate just tops it off!

Fiber-licious

Comments about Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars:

These are a great way to get fiber into your diet and make a good low calorie snack. They have a bit more carbs than I would like, but it's not bad. It doesn't taste like a candy bar, so don't go into it expecting a treat, and it's a bit stickier than I'd like, but it tastes pretty good for a granola bar.

A Good Tasting Fiber Bar

Comments about Fiber One - Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars:

When you think of a fiber bar, you immediately associate it with sub-par taste. Well this bar has a full, delicious flavor with plenty of chocolate and a smooth oat filled texture. Not too chewy, not rough in texture. As a college student, I would actually eat these just for fun (THAT is saying something). Regardless, all fiber bars are a bit expensive, and you only get 5 bars to the box. So as a borderline broke college student, I wouldn't buy these on the regular. But anyone else who wants to get their fiber in a delicious and chocolate filled treat, I highly recommend this product!!!