3.8

Febreze Fabric Refresher, Allergen Reducer

3.8

Pros

Cons

Febreze Allergen Reducer --- Another Improvement on the brand!

I have been a user of Febreze and all of their products for years, and in the past few months have been able to use one of their newer products. The Febreze Allergen Reducer is a new spin on their spray products that is intended to cut down on allergens on fabrics by nearly 75%. When you are allergic to cats yourself, it is often a struggle to air out the house and run the air filters all of the time. Even doing that, it can still leave some dander (an allergen) on clothing, upholstery, or carpeting. Now Febreze comes out with this product, claiming that it will reduce allergens created by cats, dogs, and dust mites by that 75%. It claims to safely eliminate odors from the fabrics, by surrounding the odor and sweeping it away as if it never existed. Now some products make claims that are just too good to be true, but I can tell you that from the first use this turned out to be a wonderful allergen reducer. As with the other Febreze products, this one comes in a nice squeeze bottle dispenser, but rather than the patented blue coloring, they use a yellow coloring for the bottle. The instructions for the product are to spray evenly in a sweeping motion over fabrics until damp. It is further suggested that this be assimilated into your regular cleaning routine. Well spraying it on the couches, the blankets we are always using on the couch, and the coats that are around cats, we put the Allergen reducer to what I would find to be the ultimate test. With three cats in the house, and cat hair often being a problem, I think I can present results that have validity in experience. Spraying the bottle, it had that easily recognizable Febreze aroma, and we were pleased that it wasn't different than the normal Febreze in that regard. The odor/smell/aroma is a very light one, so it won't hinder your breathing by being too strong, but it still makes itself known in the room. I really liked the odor, and tend to probably use it even when it isn't necessary just because it has that "clean" smell that makes everything seem better. Call me weird, but I love it when things smell clean. Spraying the Febreze really seemed to work right away, and I believe 100% that it was grabbing hold of those allergens and taking care of it. The air became easier to breath in a short amount of time, and has continued to work wonders for us in every room of the house. I think that for people who do have problems with allergies in the spring or summer, or simply cannot handle pets, that this is a great product to keep around the house. It can be used on basically any cloth item in the house, including blankets, pillows, and even sheets if you so with. It freshens up everything as the normal Febreze does so well, but with the added benefit being that it takes down those allergens with one quick sweep of the room. It is recommended to use products like these in ventilated areas, and I would agree with that, just adding that you should always fire the trigger on this bottle away from other people and their eyes. I have nothing but great things to say about the Febreze Allergen Reducer, and give it my full-hearted support as a great product on the market. **The Ingredients:** Water, Alcohol, Odor Eliminator (derived from corn), Organic Polymer, and Fragrance.

Try allergy inducer

This is one of the worst products that I have ever used. The scent gave me the worst migraine. At first I wasn't sure what was causing me to feel so sick feeling because I was not the one who was applying the product to the furniture. It wasn't until it was my turn to do some cleaning around the house and began applying this product to the couch that I began to feel nauseated and my head began to spin. I have had some issues with certain perfumes in the past but never with any cleaning products until using the febreze. I literally had to leave the house until it could be sufficiently aired out. This was not an allergy reducer but in my case and I am sure that there are others this was an allergy inducer. I have since been in other people's homes where this product has been used and become extremely ill. For anyone who has perfume sensitivities this is not the product you should be using around the house.

Didn't Work For Me

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher, Allergen Reducer:

I used this product for over a week and never seen a change in my symptoms or my daughters symptoms. Maybe it helps other people's allergies, but it never helped ours.

My daughter and I both have allergies. I have developed mild indoor allergies to dust and mold in the last few years and my daughter's allergies moderate. I used this for about a week and never noticed a change in our symptoms. I don't know how it's suppose to help with indoor allergies, as it seemed too heavily scented to really do any good. I've seen good reviews that it has helped others, so maybe there are some allergies it does help. It wasn't worth the expensive price because it didn't even have a good scent, so I couldn't even use this to make our house smell good. I finally trashed it after a week.

This is a really heavy scent. I wouldn't use it if heavy your easily irritating perfumes and fragrances. I love some of Fabreeze's scents, but this one smelled nasty. It didn't make our house smell any better after using it, in fact it probably made it smell worse after mixed with cooking odors and the cat box odors.

Smells great, probably doesn't reduce allergens.

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher, Allergen Reducer:

I generally really like Febreze products. They smell fantastic and last for a while. I've used them on almost all soft surfaces in my home from curtains to mattresses, to the insides of shoes. This Febreze Allergen Reducer smell very nice as well, and I was hoping it would make a difference with my husband's spring allergies, but I was disappointed. There seemed to be no difference whatsoever. And this allergen reducing Febreze is more expensive than the regular scents, so that is something to take into consideration as well.

As an odor eliminator, it worked great, as usual. However, I sprayed it on carpets, furniture, and curtains hoping to help with allergy symptoms and saw no difference from previous years when I had not done anything.

The scent is great. If you like the scent and don't even care about reducing allergens, then by all means go for it. However, keep in mind that this version is a bit more pricey.

OK product, but very very over priced

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher, Allergen Reducer:

I bought this product to prepare my home for a house guest with particularly bad allergies and asthma. We have cats and occasionally allow smoking indoors in the winter, so the product was up against a significant challenge. It is not your usual Febreeze product, which usually comes in strong sweet smells. This product has almost no noticeable odor. Though the product had some noticeable effect, it was not any better than a similar product I make myself out of all natural ingredients usually already in my cupboard. And my home made version is about one percent the cost of this product, which is very expensive. I used a coupon while the product was already on sale, and I still felt like I was paying too much. And this product is difficult to find. We had to go to three different store before we found it. I think the regular febreeze is just as good, easier to find, and usually cheaper.

Does not reduce my allergies at all!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher, Allergen Reducer:

Febreze's Allergen Reducer does not work in my home at all. I have mild seasonal allergies and my husband has pet dander allergies (we have a cat). He gets attacks a couple times a week, so I bought this spray to try and help reduce the allergens in our home. It does not work. Febreze has always worked for us as a freshener, but this does not work at all as an allergen reducer. My husband still experiences just as many attacks as before and I still have a few issues with my own allergies. Also, the scent for this Febreze is not very good. I do not like how it makes my furniture and fabrics smell. It does not last a long time, thank goodness. If you are looking for something to help your allergies, this is not the product to use.

I was very disappointed in Febreze's allergen reducer spray. I expected to see a difference in both my husband's and my allergy issues. Unfortunately, I saw no difference and I will not purchase the product again.

I think Febreze's allergen reducer is terrible. It is not the nice and fresh scent that I have come to expect from Febreze.

Febreze and Allergens for Control!

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher, Allergen Reducer:

Beware: I am a Virgo, and we are notorious for cleanliness and organization. When Febreze first came out, I was intrigued by the whole concept--something that supposedly disguises smells while "refreshing fabric"? Hmm...I should also state that I love vintage clothing, so mustiness is most definitely high on my list of ever-growing pet peeves. {Virgo, remember?} Naturally I needed to find this "Febreze" thing. One super-charged word:LOVE!!!! I LOVE Febreze and am always looking forward to their new products. Now, scenario: I'm sitting by the window and flipping through a magazine. I noticed these dots on my arm---and they're moving! WT_?! Chirp. Chirp. Tweet. Lightbulb moment: oh my God! These must be what bird mites are---and they've infiltrated from the nest above my window! Ugh! Gross! I grabbed the first thing at hand---Febreze Allergen Reducer---and quickly, kind of hysterically began to spray. All over. Seriously, it WORKED! Obviously it also worked quickly or else I would not have known what to attribute the disappearance to! Now I always stock up,  and use this wherever I think any type of mite might collect. Use this preventatively for bird mites, dust mites, whatever. Keep this around for "just-in-case". You can always thank me later.

Refreshing but doubt its effectiveness

from Endwell, NY

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher, Allergen Reducer:

Someone in my family has allergies and I thought allergen reducer might help. Therefore, I gave Febreze Allergen Reducer a try. The product claimed to reduce up to 95% of airborne allergens from fabrics (more specifically, it said allergens from cats, dogs, dust mites and pollen that can become airborne from fabrics). The product is lightly scented and it said it's dermatologist tested. My first impression with this product was that it smelled very good! Just spary once and the space will have a nice, refreshing smell that lingers a long time. I used it primarily in living room and bathroom not only because these two rooms need refreshen air but also because the spray makes things wet that it is not ideal for bedrooms. I didn't continue to purchase the product after the first bottle ran out mainly because I didn't see any significant improvement in helping the allergies. It's either because we had the wrong diagnose or the product just simply didn't work.

Try allergy inducer

from Pasco, WA

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher, Allergen Reducer:

Fabreeze smells great, but doesn't reduce allergies

from Oviedo, FL

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher, Allergen Reducer:

Fabreeze Fabric Refreshner smells great. It definitely does seem to refresh all rooms of the house. There is one problem with it however; it claims to be an allergin reducer, but I truly beg to differ. It is way too strong and overwhelming. Even if I only squirted two squirts of this product into the room, it completely takes over the room and obliterates all other odors. It may sound nice, but it is actually really rather annoying. The smell is so strong, it makes me sneeze constantly; over and over again all because of how strong it is. The only time I really use this product is when I have unannounced guests stopping by in order to get rid of any weird smells (like garbage). Other than that, I barely touch it because I'm afraid of the incredibly ridiculous way it makes me sneeze. I would not recommend this product to a friend. It costs way too much for how badly this product works.

Febreze Allergen Reducer - Can't Breathe Without It!!!

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher, Allergen Reducer:

Ten or twelve years ago, I developed severe allergies to dust mites--my nose ran, I sneezed constantly, my eyes itched and were painful even to look at, and I had difficulty breathing.  I went from doctor to doctor and tried every medication on the planet.  I cleaned endlessly.  I washed my clothes and bedding to death.  Nothing helped.

I used to think Febreze was only to freshen the air but discovered that it has other uses when I just happened to notice Febreze Allergen Reducer at the store.  I was surprised and wondered if it would help my allergies.  I took it home and tried it.  Thank the Lord Almighty, it worked!  I was able to breathe again!

I vacuum my carpets daily, then spray really good with Febreze.  I vacuum my sofas, then follow with Febreze.  I vacuum my mattress, then follow with Febreze.  As long as I do this on a regular basis, I can continue to breathe.  I know this sounds like a trite commercial but it really is true.

Then one day, I went to the store to renew my supply and discovered that my store had stopped carrying Febreze Allergen Reducer.  I never did find out why.  But they did have Febreze for fabrics, carpets and air.  At first, I was upset but I bought the Febreze they had and tried it anyway.  I was desperate!  I was delighted when it worked just as well.

I would highly recommend Febreze to anyone with allergies or to anyone who is interested in freshening the air or fabrics that are difficult to wash, such as carpets and sofas.  I can only think of one drawback to Febreze and that is that it sprays on wet and you have to wait a little bit for it to dry, but it is so-o-o-o worth it!  Febreze belongs on every shopping list!

actualy reduces allergines

from Hurricane, WV

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher, Allergen Reducer:

I really like the febrez allergies reducer it dose help a great deal,and the smell lasts for days, I have my whole extended family usinf it, we love it, I also clean for a gentleman who has alleries if I forget to use it he gets upset,I use it on beds bed cloths carpet couch rugs any where thing can lurk to cause a sneeze.It seems to help me as well. I even use it in the shower curtins,draps and other stuff. I would not clean without it. If you have any type of fured pet its great too. Chinchilas dogs cats anything that has dander.With three cats and two dogs it a must have. Even works with rabbits and gunnie pigs. I love the smell and so do my clients.My husband is a farmer so I use it on his coats and other work cloths, and he dose not mind at all, He says he likes the smell,and it makes him feel better, My daughter thinks dad smells better with it and can tell when I forget to spray them. Highley recomend this product