Other General Household Cleaners:
Febreze

Pros

Cons

"Does Wonders For His Work Boots"!

I've purchased SO many products by "Febreze", I couldn't tell ya which I liked the best. If ya ask me, I like them all! This 27.0oz bottle of "Febreze Extra Strength" was bought to combat the nasty cigarette smoke in my home. The other half here, likes to smoke in the bedroom and that's not good. (That's one reason I gave him the closet all to himself) I'm constantly spraying this extra strength fabric refresher, in his closet. I even spray his clothes, which doesn't hurt a bit. It eliminates the odors like it's supposed to. I've even sprayed his shoes and work boots. (Shhh, I didn't say that) But yea, it won't and it hasn't hurt him because of the light scent. As with all Febreze sprays, this also has many uses. Can be used on Upholstery, Curtains, Carpets, Clothing, Cars, Pet Areas, Bedding, Gym Bags, etc. I would definitly recommend this to a friend!

Smell does not last long

This product is an ok buy. I would not buy this product if I did not have a coupon for it. It is costly and does cost quite a bit. I have had several problems with the bottles because it has a new locking mechanisim that is weird. I have been spraying it and the bottle fall off the trigger spilling it all over the floor. The smell alone does not last very long. It smells fresh as you are smelling it but as it dries you cant smell it anmore. I can not tell that it takes the odor away either. I have used this product on my bed, curtains, couch, and sheets. I email Febreze about the problem with the top not staying locked on and they sent me a new bottle. After retrying this prodcut I would not spend the money that it costs again unless it was on sale and I had a coupon to get it cheap. To me it just is not worth it. If the smell lasted longer and it was not as costly it would probably worth the money.

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher:

Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher is my go to product when I need to add a fresh smell to my sofa and chair. I own 2 cats and they love to lay down and relax on my sofa and chair. After a while my furniture always start to have lingering pet odor. When I spray my furniture with Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher I no longer have smelly furniture.

Whenever I bake fish, shrimp, tuna or even cook with onions I always make sure to spray my sofa and chair with Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher. It literally takes away all of those nasty odors. Everything smells so fresh and clean.

This product also works well with adding a fresh scent to coats, sneakers, blankets and so much more. I even use this product to add a fresh scent inside my car. My car has fabric seating so it works very well with removing food and pet odors there as well.

This is a fantastic product to use if you would like to eliminate unwanted odors.

Great fabric scent

Comments about Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher:

I love to use Febreeze fabric refresher. It works so wonderfully to keep my home smelling fresh on cloth items we use most such as our couch, recliner, and chairs. After I use Lysol disinfecting spray to kill the germs, my couches always smell really bad like chemicals. Then I follow it up with Febreeze and once again they smell wonderful and inviting; perfect for guests or just to feel comfortable. I also like to use it on my pillows so when I choose to lay down to watch a movie or TV show, I feel like I am on a nice new pillow rather than an old dusty one. The smell will last for a really long time so you do not have to use the spray every day or even very often. I also like that it seems to keep the whole house smelling fresh, not just the item you spray. It comes in a variety of scents, but I like the extra strength original best. I do not really use this product to clean per say, but it keeps my house smelling fresh so I recommend it.

Smells good for a minute

Comments about Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher:

I am honestly not a fan on Febreze Fabric Refresher. I see the commercials and really thought it would take the funky smell away. It actually did the opposite. We had an unfortunate spill in our car that we tried to clean and wash but the smell remained. I tried Febreze as a second attempt to rid the smell and was very disappointed. It smelled quite lovely the first 5 minutes. Then we came back later that day to go to the store and the smell was now mixed and it smelled weird. We live in the South and this was summertime. Maybe that affected it's performance. According to the advertisement it's supposed to eliminate smells. In our case the smell was not eliminated. I tried using more and after a half of a bottle and a week later, the weird smell was still there. In other words, the sour musty smell was now mixed with the Febreze and it just smelled stale and chemically. It was a waste of money. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Febreze is fantastic!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher:

I have been a fan of Febreze for years now. There is always a bottle in our house. The extra strength one works well also. The bottle is easy to use and spray. It can be used on many items around the house. We even like to spray Febreze in the car. If you have strong odors that are harder to deal with then this is a great spray for you. This is also good if you have pets or kids that have accidents. Whether sprayed in the air, on the ground, on an object or anything else this will do the trick. I have tried knockoff brands of this product and nothing seems to do as well as this one. I really like this product and I would use it again! The extra strength works even better than the regular Febreze. I was happy with it.

Febreze does a good job of getting rid of odors and not just hiding them. It works well on so many different areas in the house, car or at work. This works well.

Febreze has a good scent to it. It smells really good when sprayed around and covers up the bad odors that can come up.

Febreeze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher:

I love Febreeze products, so when I found this extra strength one, I was excited to use it. I had some places that could use a little extra freshening. The bottle is a little awkward to hold on to due to the wide base and narrow neck of the design and the lever being a far reach for someone with small hands. the spray nozzle worked alright and didn't clog while I used it. The one drawback I found when spraying the solution was that sometimes the spray would come out in big droplets which would cause a blob of solution to drop on the object I was spraying. If it was a light colored material, I would notice a stain after the solution had dried. I did find the extra strength scent to be a little overpowering and too strong for most of the things I wanted to freshen up. The extra strength did work well for areas like the car interior, the trunk of the car and patio furniture cushions.

Wonderful disinfecting spray that smells great

from north augusta sc

Comments about Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher:

I love every disinfecting product that is made by this company. This particular fabric freshener is amazing is so many ways. This makes my furniture smell new and fresh every time I spray it. I have a few cats and a dog and I spray this when they have the occasional accident. I was surprised with how effective the spray is, and I love the scent that it leaves behind. The scent does fade away quickly, which is unfortunate because it smells so amazing. This product does cost a little more money than I am used to paying for cleaning products. I am willing to pay more for this because it makes the furniture in my house smell like it was just purchased. People do not know that I have animals in the house because my house smells so nice when I use this product to freshen my furniture. The spray is also not toxic to animals and it is not dangerous to use around children. This puts my mind at ease when I use this product. I highly recommend this to use on fabrics to freshen up the house.

I love this smell!

Good product, but I wish it would last longer

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher:

I have been using Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher for about the last 5 years and it's been good. I use this product on a number items to give them a boost in freshness. What I like most about this product compared to similar products is that the scent isn't overpowering. I can spray this scent in the air and not gag or have to leave the room because my eyes are watering. I routinely use this product on dog pillows, furniture, clothes, and even in the air. My only complaint with this product is that it doesn't last long in two respects. The scent of this product doesn't stay around long enough for my liking. If I spray a pillow in the morning it will lose its scent by the next day. I do understand that this is a long time compared to most fresheners I have used in the past, but I wish it would last a little bit longer. Since the scent doesn't last for a long period of time I have to use more spray. Because I have to spray more often I find myself purchasing a new bottle sooner. Despite these small issues I would definitely recommend Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher.

A stink anywhere and Febreze is the cure!

Comments about Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher:

Ever since Febreze came out, our household has been a huge fan. The summer months it can feel like we are using a bottle every couple of weeks. And that is when I bring out the extra strength bottle. My husband delivers bread from a local bakery, and it is a lot of time spent on his feet, and during the summer months his truck is like an oven itself. When he comes home and takes off his shoes, even the dog won't go near him.
I keep a bottle of this right by the door, so he comes home, takes off the shoes and immediately spritzes his shoes to help neutralize the stank.
I admit I also use it on our couch often, fabric does have an uncany ability to absorbs scents, and my family can produce many less than desirable ones. This is a great product to have on hand for refreshing everything from stinky shoes, furniture that gets all sorts of traffic, the dog's bed, and anything else that might pick up various odors around the house. Luckily we are a non-smoking home so I do not know how it handles that strong of a scent.

Great for Home and Car

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher:

We have a two year old daughter and a large dog so having some sort of fabric freshener is very important in my household. Over time I noticed the carpets had a funny smell to them and noticed it was due to to my daughter constantly dropping her toddler cup on the floor, most of the time containing milk, and leaving small drops of milk everywhere. I bought some floor cleaner and this extra strength Febreeze. What a difference it made. My carpet smells amazing now.I use the Febreeze on my carpet once a week after vacuuming. I also use it on our couch since our dog likes to rub up against it after playing outside and getting sweaty. We also take road trips with him often so he tends to make my car smell like dog. I use this extra strength Febreeze in my car regularly to keep the dog smell away. I have never had a problem with any staining from using this on any of my furniture, vehicle upholstery, or carpet.

Great smell remover

Comments about Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher:

I love this febreeze product because it reliably removes odors from my family's clothes, jackets, stuffed animals, soft furniture, pillows, blankets and bedding. I use this product to remove cigarette smell stuck on clothes and jackets from a night out. I even febreeze my hair with great results! The spray is easy and fast to use and sprays evenly. I like that it is a fine mist. The product quickly removes my unwanted odor and replaces it with a fresh clean scent as if you just washed and dried the item in the laundry. I also use it to remove food smells on my furniture from cooking or burning food in my kitchen as well as from going out to dinner to a pungent cuisine. My favorite use is for spraying my diaper trashcan after putting a dirty diaper in so my children's bedroom doesn't smell bad.

Great fresh scent that makes you think you just washed or cleaned. Not too strong. It's a fresh laundry smell.