Other Cookwares:
Farberware

Pros

Cons

really easy to clean

I burn a lot of stuff - my husband is always joking that he knows dinner is ready when the smoke alarm goes off!  (I'm not really that bad - but almost)  The other night I had a pot of blackeyed peas on the stove just boiling away ... I boil these for about an hour before they are ready to eat.  Well, I got distracted and all the water boiled out of the pot ... something started smelling like popcorn ... I realized it was the peas ... I grabbed the pot and put it outside the front door (by this time it was smoking!) ... I added some water to the pot and let it sit while we ate what was left of our dinner ... My husband was very upset - he knew that I had ruined the pot and wasn't very happy (we bought this set of Farberware last Christmas - it replaced a set of teflon coated T-fal)

After dinner I brought the pot in and dumped the peas ... there was a lot of charred peas stuck to the bottom ... I scraped the pot and added some detergent ... scrubbed a little ... added some baking soda - scrubbed a little more ... pulled out the stainless chore boy pad and scrubbed a little more!  Well, the pot came clean and it looks great!  No black stuff on the bottom and no worries about scratching the teflon (since it was not teflon coated) ... I LOVE these pots!!  Usually a little soaking and a little scrubbing and they come 'clean and shiney'!

Farberware now is not what it used to be.

I have been using the same Farberware cookware for 46 years. It was given to me as shower and wedding gifts. The aluminum clad bottoms on these items is superior for spreading the heat and giving an even heat cooking surface. It is easy to clean and mine still looks like new although with scratches and dulled surface. I keep the bottoms shiny with a Brillo pad and there is no build up of grease anywhere on any of the pans. It is easy to do with this product if you just take the time to keep up with it. I do not like the non stick surfaces of many pans and that is really not necessary with Farberware. If proper heat is used, there is no sticking with Farberware. This week I had to throw away the first lid in all these years. The metal which attached the knob to the pan simply gave way and there seems to be no way to fix it. I think that is a very good track record. One word of warning, however:  I recently purchased a size pan I didn't have. The quality now is far less than when I received mine. The pan is not nearly as heavy gauge metal throughout. The aluminum clad bottom is thinner as well as the stainless steel sides. This is disappointing.

Farberware 15 piece cookware was a great gift!

Comments about Farberware Stainless Steel Cookware:

Farberware is high quality for a great price. Polished stainless steel is durable and has oven safe handles to 350 degrees. The clear glass lids lock in moisture which keeps in the nutrients. The frying pans have drip free pouring. They are coated with a non stick surface.

Doesn't Stick
The frying pans are coated and cooking things like eggs is a breeze. They do not stick and they cook evenly.

Heat Distribution
I have found the heat to heat evenly.

Ease of Handling
The shape of the handles fits my hand nicely and the cleanup is easy too.

I usually hand wash all my pots and pans anyway, but you can put these in the dishwasher, except for the skillets which they recommend you only hand wash.

This cookware is attractive and shiny. This set came with one quart, two quart and 3 quart saucepans with covers. There is also a four quart saucepan and an eight quart stockpot with a cover. There is an eight inch skillet and a ten inch skillet.

I just received this set of pots and pans recently as a gift but I have heard from friends that these last a long time.

Comments about Farberware Stainless Steel Cookware:

This was an early Christmas present to myself this year that I got for an excellent sale at Kohls, and I am so pleased with the performance of this set. I do not have a problem with higher heat settings burning the set, and the ease of cleaning is superb. I do let the pot cool a little and then immediately run some water and a bit of Dawn so nothing gets set in there before running through dishwasher.

Doesn't Stick
This does no stick if you take the correct preparations and precautions. I use olive oil when frying or stir a lot with other recipes. You have to watch it to ensure that food does not stick which is usual with stainless steel cookware.

Heat Distribution
I have had no problems with heat distribution during cooking with this set.

Ease of Handling
This set is not too heavy but is of good quality material. The handles are sturdy.

After cooking and letting the pot sit for a few minutes to cool down, I fill the pot with warm water and some Dawn to ensure that nothing sticks to the pot while running through dishwasher later.

I like the classic design. It almost has a look of a stainless steel set that my mother used when I was a child.

If you take care of the set, it should last a long time. These are made of high quality materials, and are very durable.

Farberware Stainless Steel was not for me

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Farberware Stainless Steel Cookware:

I tried the Farberware stainless steel set a couple of years ago but ended up returning it and going for the hard adonized surface instead. I had never had stainless stel before, so I was anxious to try it and see if it would do a better job of cooking for me. I particularly liked that there were not harsh chemicals used in the stainless steel like there were on some of the other nonstick surfaces out there. But I just could not get the hang of cooking with the stainless steel. Everthing stuck to the pans. Everything. I used sprays and oils, and nothing helped. It just made a huge mess of dinner and left a lot of gunk to clean up. I was glad that the store took the set back and let me exchange it for something else. If you are good at cooking with stainless steel, this might work for you. But if not, then I wouldn't try it.

It was hard for me to clean these pans. I probably wasn't using them correctly, but even with cooking sprays things stuck and it made a big mess.

Not so great

from Columbus GA

Comments about Farberware Stainless Steel Cookware:

I have previously owned a set of the Farberware Stainless Steel Cookware and was not very happy with it. I must say that it looks really nice and shiny and really looks good but that does not mean it works good. I have come to the conclusion that the Farberware Stainless Steel Cookware and most all of the stainless steel cookware out there is good for nothing more than boiling water. No matter what I have tried to cook on it everything stocks. Even if you spray the bottom of the pan with nonstick Pam stuff still sticks. Do not even attempt to fry an egg in the frying pan or you will be completely disappointed. Now being that everything sticks to these pots and pans imagine how hard it will be to clean them. You really have to use some elbow grease to wash them. The price is pretty good but the problem is they are not really useable. I would suggest to my friends and family to go with something else and do not waste your money on this Farberware Stainless Steel Cookware set.

• Ease of Handling:

One of my favorite brands!

Comments about Farberware Stainless Steel Cookware:

I currently am on my second set of Farberware Stainless Steel cookware. Not due the first set being ruined, I actually gave them to someone in need when I wanted to buy a newer model set around the time of my wedding. The first set got me hooked on stainless steel. I use to think it was hard to cook with, then I learned the most important thing was to remember to use PLASTIC utensils when cooking so as not to scrape the bottoms or sides. This rings true for all cookware unless grilling it seems. A lot of people fear that stainless steel does not cook through all the way but I have never had an issue with that. Some of the lids in sets are interchangeable with other pieces and if you invest in a 10-15pc set you are really getting some bang for your buck. Another quip friends of mine had about stainless steel was cleaning but you can use wool pads and if you soak the residue immediately it will not cause much to stick. If for one reason alone you switch to stainless steel let it be known that non stick cookware truly is non stick..not even the coating will remain on the pan and pots and those flakes and chemicals end up in your food! Worth the investment and will last many years to come!

Best set Ive owned

from Brookfield, IL

Comments about Farberware Stainless Steel Cookware:

I bought this set as an early birthday gift to myself. I never really spent money on pans but decided quality over quantity this time around. I got my set at Kohls on a super sale weekend and with rebate they only cost 69.00 Best investment yet. Pots are very sturdy with a real safe handle. They wash up extremely well and retain their like new shine. The variety of pots in this set is perfect for a weekend cook or a mom who cooks family meals 7 days a week. The lids are very well made and will not warp with the heat as my last set did. Pots are dishwasher safe, but I prefer the hand method of washing and drying them.

Doesn't Stick
The teflon coating on fry pans holds up to all sorts of abuse.

Heat Distribution
All the food cooks evenly.

Ease of Handling
Can seem heavy at times when moving full pots around on stove.

Dishwasher or by hand

I like the sturdiness of the lids...wish they had glass tops so I could see food cooking

Time will tell, but they seem well built.

Not a fan of these pans

Comments about Farberware Stainless Steel Cookware:

I gave these Farberware pans a 3 star review, because I don't think they a great buy. I first got them because I liked the look of the stainless steel and thought that they would be good for cooking on high, where you cant really leave your non stick pans on high. One things I noticed right away was that the food was sticking big time. No matter what I put in there, even a bunch of oil or butter, I still had things sticking. Boiling pasta I had the same issue, I had to constantly keep stirring the pasta or they were sticking to the bottom. When I drained it out, I noticed all these little elbow macaroni shapes on the bottom and they stained it. I have also noticed some discoloring on them when washing them, almost like they need to be polished. I would recommend buying non stick pots and pans and staying away from these Farberware pans as they aren't worth it.

Heat Distribution
They seem to do ok while cooking as far an evenness and doneness

Very chic design

from Sullivan, MO

Comments about Farberware Stainless Steel Cookware:

The Farberware company has never really popped into my mind first when I think of cookware but recently I needed to get a new set and decided to give them a try, for the price it was worth the risk. I love the sizes of the pots, especially the large spaghetti pot. The skillets are very nice and easy to clean, nothing sticks to those things! All in all it is a wonderful set that I would recommend to pretty much anyone.

old faithful

from Salem, VA

Comments about Farberware Stainless Steel Cookware:

This is really good cookware and I highly recommend it

no sticking problems

everything cooks very well

very easy to use

very easy to clean, even after it's been sitting it's easy to clean

very functional and good looking

I got my first pan over 30 years ago and am still using it

Been using my farberware pans for 30 years

from Barkhamsted, CT

Comments about Farberware Stainless Steel Cookware:

I absolutely alcove them. Obviously, they stand up very well. Mine were given to me by my husband's grandmother. I think the best thing about these is that they are easy to use and clean, without the chemical laden nonstick coatings. I have tried a few new pans, including the newer farberware nonstick, and hated them. I don't trust them, they scratch easily. I want the food that I am eating to be safe, and not eat nonstick coatings . I also love the fact they are stainless steel rather than aluminum. I understand there is a connection to alzheimers and aluminum, so want to avoid that as well. All in all, I think that if you are looking for a product that cooks well and safely, these pans are the way to go.

Doesn't Stick
If you use olive oil or a thin coating of oil and know how to cook, sticking shouldn't be a problem.

Heat Distribution
I have even cooked with them on a wood stove and had wonderful results.

Ease of Handling
They are not too heavy or flimsy either

My pans look great after 30 years, so they must be rather easy or clean. I typically soak them for a few minutes or use Brillo.

They aren't the newest or fancy,but looks aren't important when it comes to pots and pans.

30 years and going strong.