2.6

• Product Selection:
    • Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

I did the Fandango so we could go Dirty Dancing!

**Quick View

**Quick View
**Fandango.com sells movie tickets and other even tickets fast and reliably. No more lines or worries of being turned away. Buy online and pick up the tickets at the box office. There is a fee but it's worth it if an event may be sold out.

**The Full View
**I am a huge fan of the movie *Dirty Dancing *and, when I heard that it was being shown in theaters for two nights only in celebration of it's 20th anniversary, I knew I had to go. Even though it is showing on American Idol nights, my dedication is that strong! (Thank heaven for my DVR!)

We have a mall with a zillion theater screens upstairs and it is always crazily crowded. Add to that that the movie is only on at 7:30 p.m., right when people are shopping in the mall, and I knew I wasn't going to even try to navigate through the crowds of people and stand in line. And what if the show was sold out? No, I HAD to be sure I had those tickets.

I saw a commercial for **Fandango.com **in conjunction with the screening of Dirty Dancing and clicked on it. I hold in my hand two tickets to Dirty Dancing gotten hassle free. But costing two bucks more than the theater charges.

**What is Fandango.com?
**Good question. I didn't even know it existed until I needed it. Basically, the site sells tickets to certain upcoming events across the country. This is not like TicketMaster where there are a billion events to choose from but there are a good number of movies, concerts, and sporting events to choose from.

In addition, there are videos, trailers, fan reviews, photos, and other related things to do and read on the site.

**Buying Your Tickets
**Once you choose the tickets that you want, you enter the quantity and date and you are off to the checkout.

You need to pick a password for later access to the site and supply your email address, zip code, and credit card number. Once you do that, you will receive a confirmation that you have purchased the tickets and then you can pick them up at the box office or kiosk near the theater or other event.

You need the credit card that you paid with and, ideally, your confirmation number. If all goes well, and my one experience did, your tickets are set aside for you and you need only to pick them up and, come show time, avoid the lines and take a seat.

There is one thing that unnerves me and that is **there are no refunds or exchanges** so, if something happens and you can't make it to the event you purchased tickets for, you are out of luck. But that is the way it is with most ticket vendors and, after all, for movies, it isn't exactly a disaster if you lose $20.00. I mean, $22.00.

**Fandango charges a fee,** which I saw nothing about until I paid it. I was charged $1.00 per ticket. Sheesh, that is a bit steep. Then again, for the convenience of not standing in line and for knowing I have the tickets I want, it's worth a couple of bucks. The fee should be more clearly stated though because I totally missed any mention of it until I had already made my purchase.

**My Viewpoint**

Normally, I wouldn't buy tickets ahead of time for a movie. However, THIS movie, I wanted to be sure to have seats for since there are just two showings and it will be gone for another who knows how many years.

I would use the site again in a case like this. I may use it for other things now that I know it exists. However, I rarely go to movie so huge that they may sell out. That is what Fandango promises. That you WILL have a seat.

Perhaps if a concert or sporting event comes along that I just GOTTA go to, I will buy tickets from Fandango again. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to.

***I give the site 4 stars.*** It serves its purpose and does so without unnecessary hassles.

HORRIBLE customer service

I used a promotion through Living Social to purchase 2 movie tickets. To purchase my tickets, I used the promotion code given by Living Social to order the movie tickets through Fandango. I received my confirmation from Fandango so I thought everything was good to go. Long story short, after ordering my tickets online, I go to the theater to pick up my tickets but Fandango does not recognize my order. In order to not disappoint my small child, I of course go ahead and purchase new tickets at full price assuming I can get a refund once I go home and call Fandango. At the time I was unaware of Fandango's horrible business practice and customer service. I was told no refund would be allowed. The customer service representative refused to let me speak to the manager she supposedly talked to. So now I paid a total of $28 dollars for my child and I to watch one movie. Needless to say, in the future I would rather pay full price to the theater than to give anymore of my money to Fandango.

Worse experience ever

from Naples,FL

Comments about Fandango.com:

I used the mobile site to book tickets. Once I chose my location, I had changed the date to choose a movie for the following day. I waited for the new day to load and then proceed to choose my movie, time, and seats (as it was reserved seating). Once I receive the confirmation it came through with a reservation for same day. I IMMEDIATELY contacted them and they told me they couldn't do anything for me. I requested a supervisor and after holding for 10 minutes they transferred me into a voicemail system. I never requested money back, simply an opportunity to see the movie I already paid or on the date a day time I originally selected. I don't know what glitch in there system messed up the date but the fact that they wouldn't make right on it is disgusting. They basically stole my money. It's a horrible system!

Terrible customer service

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about Fandango.com:

My daughter ordered 3 tickets using my debit card. She never received the email confirmation, so she thought she did something wrong when she placed the order. She assumed it wasn't processed. She then bought tickets at the window. Well, my card was charged. I called and explained what happened - sorry! They said I should have called before the movie. Very frustrating! They can easily see the tickets weren't used.

DO NOT USE FANDANGO!!!!

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Fandango.com:

Wish I could give 0 stars.

It took quite a bit of hunting on their website to find a way to contact their customer service. After that, although I was told that the average wait to chat with a representative was 4:02 minutes, I actually waited 20 minutes. When I actually got contact, it felt like I was talking to a robot that merely repeated stock phrases. Not a good experience. It is not worth the convenience fee that is attached to the ticket price.

I do not recommend using this service. It is incredibly difficult if not impossible to get a refund or a credit.

FANDANGO HATES YOU (the customer)

from Eugene, Or

Comments about Fandango.com:

Speaking as a former employee. There are many despicable practices and policies, the higher ups actually get a kick out of making you mad when you call for refunds, and like to share and listen in on angry customers who lost their hard earned money. The say policy is NO REFUNDS and they will never bend on it, but the truth is they have the power to, they just wont. Bad people, bad company. Hated working for them, never been at a place that actually lets employees get away with power tripping on their own customers.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Beware when trying to get refund from Fandago

from Southern Ms.

Comments about Fandango.com:

I purchased two tickets for a movie in Slidell, La. 3 days in advance of the showing. Within hrs of purchasing the ticket I cancelled it to get a ticket on a different day. I received a refund confirmation number. That was on 1/12/16. It is currently 2/2/16. I have had 4 conversations on line chat with their representatives. Each told me to check with paypal. I did 3 times and they have not received it. Each rep told me they were elevating the matter for resolution. Still nothing. I WOULD NOT deal with this organization again.

Over 23 mins on hold & finally just hung up

from Vernon Hills, IL

Comments about Fandango.com:

Website timed out while being rejected for having a Canadian zip code, resulting in locking the EIGHT seats out when re-attempting with a US credit card's zip code. Get this ... since I had a Canadian zip, called cust service & on hold for over TWENTY-THREE minutes w/out ever talking to someone! Since it'd been so long, the online system re-set itself & cleared the seats, so I hung up & it finally worked. But that's well over a half hour of my life I won't be able to get back just to make a simple group seat reservation! Never had to work so hard to have someone take my money. Not doing it again...

Terrible business practices

from long branch, NJ

Comments about Fandango.com:

bought tickets via fandango. Made a mistake (easy with the terrible user interface) and bought a day early. Realized the mistake the next day and tried to get the tickets exchanged ... kept being told by terrible bureaucratic customer service that it was not their policy

Interestingly, when I finally had it with fandango and actually called the theatre, they exchanged the tickets in seconds

Automatically redirects you to last theatre w/o telling you

from Centreville, VA

Comments about Fandango.com:

Site automatically redirects you to the theatre where you last purchased tickets without telling you. Customer service took 7 days to respond (site says they respond within 24 hours). Would not refund or transfer tickets. Letter to company owners, Mr. Yanover and Mr. Shiller, was never answered. Never using this site again.

easy to use

from IN

Comments about Fandango.com:

Fandango.com is very convenient to use when I want or need to purchase tickets in advance. I would have given a 5 star rating, except I feel the service charge is too high. For 5 tickets, the service charge becomes more than the cost of a ticket. The service charge goes up per ticket purchased, not a flat fee for the transaction. I do feel it is worth the charge when the movie is very popular and will sell out, I can buy my ticket in advance and save the hassle of driving to the theater just to be told they are sold out. I like the ability to search by zip code, if the movie I want is not in my town, I can enter a neighboring city and see what all movies they have showing. I also like the ability to watch trailers, this is something my movie theater's website doesn't offer, so even if I am not purchasing tickets, I can go to fandango.com and watch several movie trailers. Purchasing tickets is easy, but you will have to pay for this convenience, so using fandango.com is a great experience, but it will cost you.

It Costs for Convenience

from Virginia

Comments about Fandango.com:

My family and I will go to a movie t least once a month depending on what's playing just to get out of the house and spend time together. I had heard of Fandango.com and decided to check it out on one of our upcoming movie nights. The website is fairly easy to navigate, I was able to view what movies were playing for the following week, times are displayed, so I found this pretty simple. Then I was able to choose the number of tickets, adult ticket, child, and senior citizen are cheaper. I recommend signing up as a VIP member, it makes the checkout process that much easier. Now each ticket is a flat fee, same as the theatre price but there is an extra fee called a convenience fee that can get pricey if you are ordering for a large group. I was ordering 8 tickets and the fee was around ten dollars that I wouldn't have had to pay if I had bought them at the location where the movie was playing. I went ahead with my order, paid the convenience fee on top of the tickets and checked my email for confirmation. Depending on the location, I could either print out my tickets, pick up the tickets at the theatre, or have mobile tickets where you have them on your phone. My particular location required me to pick up at the location, I had to bring the same debit card I had placed the order with and show it to pick up my tickets. I picked the tickets up, and my family and I enjoyed our time together. I did find Fandango.com to be convenient but at what cost. I can see using Fandango.com again if there's a movie that I know will sell out quick on the first showing, but for the average movie I personally don't mind standing in line for a ticket. I am in between recommending this website because I would only use every once in awhile. But if you have the extra money to spend for the convenience then by all means this is a great place for movie tickets.