2.8
Fab
Fab Laundry Detergent

Fab Laundry Detergent

2.8

Pros

• Easy to use (4)

Cons

• Weak function (3)

With Fab, Expect the Unexpected

When I purchased a small, 32-load package of **Fab** laundry detergent, powdered, I will admit I was a bit skeptical - I had never seen it before until I had made a stop by Big Lots shopping with a friend, and I had never heard of it before. And, I had never seen it laying within the shadows of the local laundry detergent section at the store, so, whilst holding my breath and crossing my fingers, I decided to give this little box a polite 'go'.

I really want to comment, first, on the particular texture of the **Fab** powdered laundry detergent since it was extremely unusual for me to happen on. I have come across very soft, fine, almost floury laundry detergents, but this really did had the consistency of sifted white flour. Because of its fine texture, this detergent has a tendency to create soft clumps in humidity, so beware if you live in very humid, moist climates - you have to 'shovel' (or just work the detergent around with the scoop) the detergent to keep it from turning in a nasty, clumpy, thick mess. With it being so fine, its prone to spilling, even for careful people like myself, so if you or anyone who washes clothes is clumsy and/or messy, watch out.

I'm a fragrance lover, and the particular aroma of the **Spring Magic **laundry detergent isn't my favorite. At all. In fact, it's downright peculiar. When I think of spring, it's less sugary sweet but light, delicate, and refreshing - like dewy roses, powdery violets, sunwarmed lilies...even the scent of freshly chopped grass! But this... Well, the scent is more vegetal than refreshing, less spring but more 'garden herbal'. While I like herbal fragrances, depending on what I use them for, I don't think I want my laundry smelling like rhubard and geraniums (a flower which I like, actually). It takes some time getting used to, but next time, I'm buying another scent.

The actual cleaning power and performance of **Fab** impressed me. I was initially afraid it was just going to flop pathetically, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it cleaned my clothes, even if it didn't do a 'fab' job at it. The one good point I noticed ever since I tested my little box of **Fab **was that the color of my clothes had a distinct clarity and brightness I have never seen before with any detergent I have used. It was as if suddenly, the dyes in my clothing carried the light better than they had ever before. It was less a rich vibrancy of colors as more a clear, 'new' appearance, as if I had washed away ever sign of aging or dullness my clothes might have had prior. Even the overall texture of my clothes felt different - they were fluffy, light, and bouyant (my clothes aren't even this fluffy when I use fabric softener plus another brand...).

This is perfectly safe to use with colors, even darks, which is not common in cheaper detergents. While I don't consider this to be the perfect detergent, I was impressed with the results. The powder isn't as long lasting as I would have liked, and other than the clumping issue and the weird fragrance, this is a great little bargain detergent if you're in the mood for some savings but don't want to skimp on quality or care.

Fab Laundry Detergent is only semi-fabulous

When I'm in a penny-pinching mood I sometimes buy lesser-known brands of products. That was the case when I spotted **Fab Laundry Detergent** for a very low price.  Although this brand has been around a long time, I have not seen it much lately. It turns out that **Fab** is OK, but probably not a time-of-the-line product.

**Fab** is made by the Colgate-Palmolive Company and is sold in the following varieties:

- Ocean Breeze scent

- Rain Forest scent

- Caribbean Fresh scent

- Spring Magic scent

- Powdered and liquid versions

I bought Spring Magic scent Fab in liquid form.  It came in a 50-ounce bottle and touts that it's in a concentrated form (2X) equivalent to 100 ounces of other brands. The smaller bottle easily fits in my laundry cabinet which is a plus.

**Fab** does a fine job of cleaning my clothes. Dirt on my pants and scruffy-looking socks came clean without any problems.  However, it seems a bit harsh and unrefined. My clothes felt a little stiffer than usual. On the bright side Fab has no phosphates which can be harsh on the environment.

I thought the scent Spring Magic scent was pretty strong too - more than I like. It's like a mint smell. If I buy the product again I would try one of the other scents though or the powedered version.

Overall I think **Fab** is a 3-star product and will recommend it. It's quite inexpensive, does clean the clothes, and the concentrated form makes it easier to carry and store. However, it did leave my clothes stiff feeling so I'll probably only use it on my grubby dark clothes from now on.

Important facts about the product your reviewing

from Manahawkin NJ

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Causes Allergic Reactions

• Laundry Room

Comments about Fab Laundry Detergent:

Hello. I have read all of these bad reviews and thought some facts about the product your reviewing.
Firstly: this company was founded over 60 years ago before there was color tv.
Secondly: if you have gone back to your old brand name I can guarantee that it is the same company as Fab. This includes all brand name and the majority of off brands as well.
Thirdly: And one of the top reasons for bad reviews. Since this is from over 60 years their brand has adapted for all modern uses including HE and a lighter softer smell. I am not sure about allergies because no one in my house has any.

I won't ever buy again!!!

from Whitesboro tx

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Weak Function

• Dog wash

Comments about Fab Laundry Detergent:

My husband had ab egg yolk runny drop on shirt he took it off I soaked it used bout cup and half of your so called soap and ony put small load in and still didn't get out!!!im very disappointed in your product

I would never purchase this product or recommend to my enemy

from Brooklyn, NY

About Me Parent

Pros

Cons

• 50oz. For one large machine I never saw a bubble
    • I had to use the whole bottle of fab summer rain
    • The machine wasn't full I only wanted extra
    • Weak Function

Comments about Fab Laundry Detergent:

There wasn't anything great not even the price. I had to use a whole 50oz. Bottle for a large machine that had extra space to wash .. I've never written a review this is how horrible and frustrated I've became to take time out to ADVOCATE for other parents to not purchase this HORRIBLE LAUNDRY WHATEVER IT IS BECAUSE I WONT CALL IT A DETERGENT‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

I would never ever buy this product again

from PORT HURON Michigan'

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Hard to Clean
      • Heavy
      • Small Volume
      • Strong/Bad Scent
      • Weak Function

Comments about Fab Laundry Detergent:

My new yellow sweatshirts are ruined. Fam made it dingy dirty longing and I do not even get my clothes dirty and they were bright yellow first time washed and looks like there so old I used to use fab in blue bottle that was good what happen

A Great Laundry Detergent

from Pasadena, TX

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent

• Laundry Room

Comments about Fab Laundry Detergent:

This detergent was part of a promotion at a local grocery store for free. So, I tried it and was impressed. But I went back to my regular detergent after it was gone and noticed it did not clean as well or make my clothes smell very nice. This is my new go to detergent as it does every thing I want at a reasonable price.

Amazing

Comments about Fab Laundry Detergent:

I always use the top brand laundry soap. I read an article that said most all laundry detergents are made by the same company. So basically weather you buy tide or gain they are one in the same. I was shopping one day and decided to look at the manufacture info on the back of the jugs to see what company made the products I was actually using. That's when I saw the jug of Fab. I loved the way it smelled and the price was awesome. More than 50% less than what I usually spend. To make sure I wasn't getting a cheaper version of the brand I usually buy. I noticed it was made by a different company. The smell was awesome, it was thick (not watery), it was He compatible, so I bought it. When I did laundry next I used it and I WAS AMAZED at how clean my clothes were, it was like it washed away the old dullness of my dark clothes. they felt softer, and smelled wonderful. I couldn't believe it! I felt so ripped off by my old name brand laundry soap after using Fab that I will never go back. I have used other cheap detergent in the past, it was watery, had a funky smell, and didn't get my laundry clean at all. (I'm sure you know what I mean) This is NOTHING like that. Try it, you will be amazed!!!!! It literally removed grass stains out of jeans that had already been washed several times with other name brand detergent. It is made by the same company that produces Colgate, and Palmolive. I guess it has been on shelves for years and years. I had never heard if it before but by far it is THE BEST!!! It's better than Tide or Gain by far!

Amazing cleaning power! Brightens and removes old stains. Leaves clothes soft and fluffy.

A waste of your money

from Dallas,TX

Comments about Fab Laundry Detergent:

I do not recommend nor did I like this laundry detergent. I was low on money and purchased it, but was pretty disappointed. It does not get rid of stains. It does not smell that great. It does not leave your garments smelling fresh. You have to use so much per load just to get semi clean clothes. Don't waste your money on it.

I think it doesn't work at all. I washed my clothes and noticed it didn't get most of the stains out. It really disappointed me, but what can you expect from a cheap product? You get what you pay for. I even tried using double the amount on my loads and it still didn't help. My garments did not smell all that great either. I did not like that it hardly made any suds. I had to mix this detergent aling with another one just so I could get results and not let it go to waste. I will never biy this detergent again.

To mr, it has almost no scent. It does not take odors off your garments. It does not leave them smelling fresh.

Yuck, yuck, triple yuck

from Wisconsin

Comments about Fab Laundry Detergent:

Fab has to be the worst laundry detergent I've ever used. In fact, the last time I had a jug of this stuff, I gave it away I hated it so much. You may as well pour toilet water into your machine. I'm not talking just about how horrible a job it does at cleaning, but the feel of my clothes when they'd get done! I had a favorite towel set for a couple of years that ended up with some little white spots on it after using Fab; plus, they felt like sandpaper afterwards. I feel like it ruined or weakened many of my clothes. You have to be pretty desperate to want to buy this stuff, but what's the point? You'd be wasting your money anyways. I could never recommend this stuff, especially if you have children. Don't even buy it for washing diapers because no baby deserves to have something against their bottom washed in something like this. And don't get me started on the ingredients in Fab. It'd probably be healthier to smoke a carton of cigarettes every day!!

Leave it on the Shelf

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Fab Laundry Detergent:

A cheap detergent that performs according to the standards of a cheap product. I had to use more than what I would have to use of another detergent, and some of my clothes were not clean...and they smelled that way, too. With teenage boys in my home, I cannot have a detergent that can't handle everyday dirt and grime.
          There was a scent in the detergent, but it wasn't very fragrant and to me smelled like a produced smell rather than natural.
          Yes, this detergent is cheap. It costs a couple bucks for a big bottle. But, considering it doesn't clean your clothes, smell good and the fact that you will use twice as much, it isn't really a bargain in my book!

Do not use Fab and expect your clothes to get deep down clean, because it isn't going to happen. Failed to meet my expectations.

There is a smell but it is not a very pleasant one, and not one that lasts on the clothes after the wash is done.

I didn't like it

Comments about Fab Laundry Detergent:

I didn't care for the fab at all! The scent wasn't bad, which I part of why I bought it. The cost was better than most as well. But after trying I understood why. I just don't feel like it cleaned my clothes like I like them. Using it on stains is a major waste if time. I just don't feel, after using, that it was worth my money.