4.9
Fujifilm
Fujifilm - FinePix S2000hd Digital Camera

Fujifilm - FinePix S2000hd Digital Camera

4.9

A powerful point and shoot!

from Port Orchard, WA

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix S2000hd Digital Camera:

I had only been using small, pocket-sized point and shoot cameras, until my boyfriend gave me this one as a Christmas gift. And I have to say, even though it's much bigger, it has so many more features that I enjoy!
The Panorama mode for shooting, for example, is a lot of fun to use. Especially when you want to get a 360 shot of a skyline, a beach, or a mountain range. It's simple to use, but gives you some really great results to share with your friends and family!
The zoom on this camera is also phenomenal. I'm consistently amazed at how high-quality some of my shots turn out, even when I use the zoom at full capacity! Many point and shoot camera's quality seems to go way down when you zoom in as far as you can in a shot. This one doesn't seem to be the case at all!
The macro and super macro functions are also handy and work extremely well for getting all the little close-up details of small things.
The only complaint I have is that while the camera also takes pretty nice video, AND you can zoom in and out while taking video, the zoom lens makes a lot of noise, which gets recorded in the video. So if you're taking a video and there's people talking, be forewarned that you're also going to hear a lot of whirling if you try to zoom in or out on them.
Other than that, this is a wonderful camera that I would definitely recommend to point and shoot users who want to get the best out of their shots but don't want to spend a ton of money.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Perfect for the 'more than the weeken' photographer.

from Wills Point, TX

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix S2000hd Digital Camera:

I bought this camera a few months ago and have been nothing but thrilled with the pictures it takes.

It has a great macro setting along with a super macro setting that lets you get very close and personal with whatever item it is you are trying to take a picture of.

The automatic settings include the flash with red eye reduction, motion sensitivity, natural light setting and a setting where it will take two pictures in a row, one with and without flash to see which you like best. It will take 3 pictures in succession as well, and zoom in on the center of the frame and zoom closer each time.

It has a face detecting feature which is very handy when you're taking pictures of multiple things. I can't say it always read the faces 100% correctly but it doesn' 95% of the time.

I'm in love with this camera. It takes great pictures of my kids, my flowers, birds, scenery and people.

Works well for sunsets and other aspects of the day.

If you are moving up from a complete point and click camera, this is a great step up for you.

Wonderful

from Crozet, VA

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix S2000hd Digital Camera:

This is my second digital camera, I upgraded. Has the look of a digital slr, with point & shoot ease & price. The only negative I have is about the battery. Had to purchase a new one after 1 year. But, then I learned how to bring the old one back to life. So, now I actually have a back up battery, which everyone says one should have anyway. So, my negative turned out to be a positive.

I love this camera.

Fujifilm finepix s2000hd

from Elkmont, AL

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix S2000hd Digital Camera:

Fujifim finepix s2000hd digital camera is a great camera and very affordable. I have had this camera for  two years now  and I'm still not a pro with this camera but it is easy to use. It takes great pictures and the love the settings you can change such as  picture stablization the reduce camera shake and moving subject blur,it also has a movie mode  recording with sound, three images in one shot with a full frame and two type cropping,natural light,automatic mode with user settings,portrait with soft overall tone and beautiful skin tones, program ae automatic mode with programed settings,shutter priority ae automatic mode with user setting the shutter speed,natural light  retains natural light without flash, custom shotting mode with thr shutter speed and the aperture. I also love the face detiction button so it will center the picture. I would highly recommend that you purchase rechargeable batteries disposible batteries seem not to last very long.  Overall camera is great!

I love my Fuji S2000!!

from Cleveland, TN

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix S2000hd Digital Camera:

I have 3 children who I love to photograph! You rarely see me without my camera. I really love my Fuji S2000! It takes wonderful photos, whether they are posed photographs, or action sports shots. It is easy to use, and it isn't too big. The camera is pretty simple to use and the settings are easy to get to. It comes with an on-line owners manuel and photo software so that you can edit your photos on your computer. I have taken several pictures of my kids playing baseball and they look just as good as some of the professional pictures I have seen. I also took some "posed" pictures of them at the beach and they were wonderful as well. Another good thing about this camera is that you can print the pictures or order prints and not lose any quality. I have ordered up to a size 8 x 10 and they all look really good. It has a great zoom, so close up pictures are a snap, too. I would definitely buy this camera again!!

Awesome Camera, Everything you want and so much more

from Raymore, MO

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix S2000hd Digital Camera:

This is by far the best camera i have ever owned. Whether you want a close up or long distance shot this is the camera. moving, still, light, dark, doesn't matter. Take great pictures no matter what the event.

I've had this camera for about a year now and still don't know all of the settings. Some might call that a pro some might call that a con. if you want a simple easy to use camera, this can do it, just put the dial on "Auto", pop the flash up if needed and start shooting. The quickview is definitely handy. you can easily tell whether you got the shot you wanted or if you need to take it again.

The Video option is awesome. I have a 4 GB memory card and can shoot almost an hour of video that can easily be burned to a DVD with the right software. I captured my son's first steps on with this feature and an hour worth of recording is almost as good as having a dedicated Digital Recorder.

One thing to keep in mind is that this in not your small pocket size camera, and lugging it around can sometimes be an issue.

The Fujifilm S2000HD packs a lot of punch for a great price.

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix S2000hd Digital Camera:

I purchased the Fulifilm S2000HD camera several weeks ago and have been quite satisfied with the purchase. This is my first digital camera purchase and only bought one now because the affordable optical zooms finally exceeded that of my Canon EOS Rebel SLR. I also considered a Nikon, Canon, Kodak, Panasonic, and Olympus model that were comparable in resolution and optical zoom specifications, but the Fuji beat them all on price and offered the clincher, the ability to record 720p Hi-definition video. I'm still discovering features, but the S2000HD is also uncomplicated enough you can fire it up and snap away in no time. The video recordings look great in both standard and hi-resolution. So far the battery life has been better than expected. We invested in a AA battery charger and two sets of Li Mh AA batteries so we would never be left high and dry. The only unexpected downside so far is the need to purchase an additional AC to DC adapter so you're not running on battery when you hook it up to your television. Another nifty feature that is worth noting is the ability to record 30 second audio tags that will play with your pictures as you show them as a slide show! If you're looking for an affordable hi-resolution, hi-optical zoom digital camera for a variety of experience levels, you should definitely consider the S2000HD!