3.1

3.1

Pros

Cons

• Odor Control:

ExquisiCat Enviro-Friendly Pine Cat Litter a nice alternative.

from Canton, OH

Comments about ExquisiCat Enviro-Friendly Pine Cat Litter:

ExquisiCat Enviro-Friendly Pine Cat Litter is a nice alternative for people or cats that have issues with clay litter. I tried it when my cat was having respiratory issues. I actually preferred this litter to scoopable litter. Unfortunately my cat didn't feel the same way. He would only use this litter to urinate in so it didn't make it as our regular litter. I did however keep a box with this litter in it and he did eventually use it for it's intended purpose. I bought a sifting litter box for this litter which is a must in my opinion. Because all of the sawdust created from the wetness being absorbed goes through the sifter and keeps the rest of the pellets dry. I love the fresh sell of this litter. It smells like fresh pine. There's no perfume smell. Just natural pine.

Moisture Absorption
This litter is wonderful for absorbing moisture, but as I said I did have a sifting litter box. So I'm sure that makes a difference.

For me it couldn't have been easier to clean. I just had to lift the top part off of my sifting litter box and dump the sawdust from the bottom section and wipe it out with a disinfecting cleaner and paper towels.

Odor Control
The odor control as far as urine is concerned is unbeatable. But the odor from the feces is pretty bad. The pellets don't cover it very well and the smell is pretty strong right after it's used.

Very simple to use.

A bit disappointing

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about ExquisiCat Enviro-Friendly Pine Cat Litter:

I had tried another environmentally friendly litter without much success; but I still like the concept and so I wanted to give this litter a try. I have read some studies that indicate that clay may be a health problem for cats, so that also motivates me to find an alternative to the traditional clay. I've tried other pine, corn, and wheat alternatives.
My cat was not as turned off by the ExquisiCat pine litter as the other products, but; it still had some issues that were hard to overcome. Firstly, it doesn’t clump well with urine. In deference to the directions I read online I didn’t fill the box as full as I would with other products; and at first thought this might be the reason for the issue. I tried to rectify it by filling the box fuller but it still did not address the problem. Secondly, the litter's smell is somewhat of a deterrent for her to use her box and it does not seem to well mask the litter box odor from either liquid or solid waste.

• Odor Control:

Smells like a forest of urine.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about ExquisiCat Enviro-Friendly Pine Cat Litter:

I had a friend tell me that she used this cat litter for her cats and that it smelled like fresh pine trees and she just raved on and on again about how I had to try it. Upon opening it and pouring it, it does smell just like you are standing out in a forest of pine trees, it is very pleasant and has such a nice smell to begin with. My cats did not want to use this right away, they went to the litter box and then kept going to the back door to be let outside instead, I should have known right then that something was wrong. That night they had no choice and had to use this box. When I woke up I went into the room and it smelled completely disgusting. It still had the overpowering pine smell, but it also smelled like urine. I took out the clumps and noticed that it did absorb the urine really well, but the pine smell did nothing to neutralize the odor from the urine. It worked okay against the feces odors, but the urine was just awful and was something that I could not handle.

Not A Good Cat Litter!

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about ExquisiCat Enviro-Friendly Pine Cat Litter:

It's great to use all natural products whenever possible in my opinion. That's why I bought a bag of this ExquisiCat Enviro-Friendly Pine Cat Litter from PetSmart. I had actually read some good reviews for it on their website and decided to purchase it because of that. However, after only using it a few days I made the switch right back to my original litter. This cat litter isn't all that great. First, it definitely doesn't help with odors at all. It's doesn't absorb moisture as well as clumping cat litter, which means it doesn't help with the odor of urine. I tried to sift out the clumps and it only made a mess, so I completely changed the Pine litter. I will never buy this stuff again, I don't know what I was thinking.

Moisture Absorption
This litter isn't moisture absorbent.

It's too hard to clean and sift through so you have to change it all the time.

Odor Control
Horrible at controlling odors.

It's not easy to use, the cats track the little pellets throughout my whole house. I hate this cat litter.

great litter

Comments about ExquisiCat Enviro-Friendly Pine Cat Litter:

This is a great cat litter. I use it interchangeably with Feline Pine. In my opinion Kt is very skmiliar to feline pine and I cant really tell the difference between the two. I use either depending what store I am at and what coupons I have. This litter does a great joband absorbing urine and as long as I scoop the poop out every day as needed odor from the box is minimal. Only problem and I have this problem with Feline pine too is that once the pellets turn to powder the cats track it everywhere. Its not a huge problem for me as I have hardwood floors and can easily sweep it up it. It sweeps and vacuums up much easier than clay granuals. Pine litters are a great healthy and natural alternative to traditional pine litters. I have never had a problem with this litter caking to the litter pan once oversaturated with urine. Its easy to dump the litter out and the pan itself stays clean no need to scrub or scrape caked on litter off the bottom.

• Odor Control:

Best alternative to clay litters

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about ExquisiCat Enviro-Friendly Pine Cat Litter:

I foster cats for a local animal rescue, and am required by the rescue to use natural cat litter. Clay litters contain a component that can damage cat lungs, so we use the sawdust litters to keep the cats healthy for their future furever homes. I have tried three brands of natural cat litters now, and this one is my favorite.

Unlike World's Best and some varieties of Feline Pine, it cannot be scooped. I lift the poo out with toilet paper (and then flush it--pine litter is flushable!) and the urine causes the pellets to break down into sawdust, which can be left in the box until all of the pellets break down. I usually dispose of the brokendown litter once a week. Only an inch or two is needed in the litter box. But of all three (World's Best, Feline Pine, and ExquisiCat), ExquisiCat Enviro-Friendly Pine Cat Litter has the lowest cost and has the best odor protection, which are my top two priorities.

Pine cat litter - finally a litter that works and isn't messy!

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about ExquisiCat Enviro-Friendly Pine Cat Litter:

My cat had the nasty habit of tracking litter all over the house.  The older he gets, the worse the tracking.  We tried multiple litters with no luck.  Some tracked more than others or didn't control those pesky litter odors.  I came to the decision if the litter was too big it would not be able to stick between his toes and therefore would not track all over the house.  So I decided to try the pellet litter.  I read reviews that said their cat would not use the pellet litter so I crossed my fingers and started the 2 week transition the recommended.  I noticed right away I loved the pine smell.  And somehow it controlled the odor naturally.  And a few pellets do get out of the litter box from time to time, but it does not seem to make it out of the laundry room.  The hardest part is it can be a little challenging to scoop.  The pellets do not clump.  They swell with the liquid waste.  I had to get a new scoop with wider slots.  I do waste some of the "clean" litter when scooping, but overall it is worth it.