3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• In-Flight Accommodations:

ExpressJet makes flying FUN again!

If you're lucky enough to live in one of the mid-size American cities served by ExpressJet, you can experience a very rare thing among U.S. airlines: a pleasant, hassle-free flying experience. I find a lot to like about ExpressJet: I like their "can do" attitude. I like their modern fleet of very comfortably appointed Embraer regional jets. I like their focus on DIRECT flights between non-major airports. I like their focus on on-time performance. I like that they can give me better airfares than Southwest WITHOUT having to sacrifice a simple snack in coach class or something as fundamental as an assigned seat (and of course, there's no cattle-call of a chaotic boarding process, which you're always guaranteed when you put up with Southwest).

In short, you can SAVE money on ExpressJet and STILL feel like a human being and not a lowly animal.

ExpressJet won't be for everybody. They don't fly big airliners: just regional jets. They also don't serve the big hub airports and they're not a viable option for complicated itineraries, nor for most major markets. They do serve Los Angeles, but not LAX --- they fly into the smaller, saner Ontario airport. Here in Texas, they avoid both Houston and Dallas, but they're great for folks who live in San Antonio or Austin! They're also great for cities like Albuquerque, Sacramento, Raleigh-Durham, Spokane, or Colorado Springs.

I'm a huge proponent of **good service**, and I give ExpressJet high marks for FAST check-in and fast boarding. Of course, part of this is that they're flying smaller planes to begin with (it takes a lot less time to board a 50-passenger jet than it does a 150-passenger jet). The airline might prefer the numbers to be higher, but I also appreciate that their load factor (average number of passengers per flight) is lower than it is for major airlines. Not only is the plane smaller, it's less crowded too. For the passenger, that means: better service, faster loading, faster check-in, no bumping, flexible seat assignments, etc. --- all of which team up to make the flying experience EXCELLENT.

I just love Embraer regional jets anyway. There's no middle seats on the plane, and every seat is a comfy leather seat (love all the single seats too --- you can get BOTH a window and an aisle seat at the same time!)

And while some CRUMMY U.S. airlines charge you for aisle seats, charge you for even a SINGLE piece of baggage, and charge you for snacks and drinks in the air, it's REFRESHING to fly ExpressJet where nickel and diming is an annoyance of the past. I could just HUG the guy who decided to charge a reasonable $1 for a can of beer in the air. What's with all the HIGH priced nickel and diming of "$5 for beer, wine, or margarita, exact cash is greatly appreciated" that you hear on airlines like American?? You can say "Bye Bye" to that nonsense by simply booking your next flight on ExpressJet. They're an airline that knows how to fly!

bad customer service

we arrived at the airport about an hour before boarding time with my brother in law who was going home. 3 people in front of him. by the time he had the boarding pass he had 10 minutes to get to the gate and the clerk would neither take his luggage or call down to make sure the flight didn't take off. when he got to the gate they hadn't even unloaded the other flight and he had to wait and we had to ship his luggage to him. worst of all when i contacted express jet they were condescending and told me to allow more than 30 minutes. even though we had and i don't feel it is my fault they have only one clerk working who takes 50 minutes to deal with 3 travelers. i have never had these problems with bigger airlines and now that we have moved out of state noone of the family will be using them again. next time the least they could appologize and not make it my fault.

Late Again!

from Green Bay, Wisconsin

Comments about Express Jet:

This is the second time I've had the last flight out of DTW to GRB or ATW delayed with no explanation. Last night, it got bumped from 9:45 to 10:30 to 11:30 to 1:30...and no one at Delta counters had a clue...no information...no help. The help desk people vacated the place...apparently to avoid confrontation with a crowd of angry travelers. On top of the three hour wait, the Detroit Airport basically closed...no food, no drink, nothing. And the final response: "We apologize." Come on really? A business associate said to me: "If I ran my business like these people, I'd be out of business." But not the airlines...they've trained their customers to expect terrible service and be grateful when something actually goes right. So now I can say,I travel Delta...the least painful option to fly...that's their true value proposition.

World's Most Pathetic

Comments about Express Jet:

Biggest collection of incompetent losers in one company on planet Earth. Simply don't know how to manage in the air or on the ground. Constant mechanical problems, lousy reaction time, and crews that really couldn't care less whether they delay the passengers. Missed my son's homecoming football game after a 4 hour delay due to a series of stupid mistakes by the crew on a recent flight. Happens constantly, as I am forced to fly them due to the fact that no one else flies the route I need. Do yourself a favor and avoid them if at all possible.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Never on time. Never substitute plane no matter how long delay

Comments about Express Jet:

I fly Chicago O'Hare to Roanoke. VA at least once a month. The afternoon flight is NEVER even close to being on time. Today the flight was delayed twice due to maintenance. The NEVER substitute aircraft no matter how long the delay. They don't have a clue. You would think at O'Hare the could come up with another plane if one is broke. I will avoid this regional carrier if at all possible in the future.

Don't work here

Comments about Express Jet:

Outside of being able to fly, this company sucks big time. Low pay, over worked, and annoying management. btw flying is overated, because its stand-by and you usually end up stuck somewhere having to sleep in airports til an available seat opens up on a plane. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this company.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Great company, great planes, great pilots, clean planes.

from Shreveport, LA

Comments about Express Jet:

I love this airline. My husband works for this airline. He is a Tech Maintance. So I know the planes are super safe. I love flying with this airline. The stewardess are always nice and always help me when I travel with all 3 of my girls. The pilots are nice and good at what they do. They always say hi to us as we board the plane and always give my kids a couple of show off time at the end of the flight. I have never had any problems on the flights. They have always gotten us to where we are going on time. If we happen to take off late, they speed a little safely get us there on time no matter what. This is a great airline. Yes they don't fly to enough places, but that is in the works. Plus seeing as they are branching off from Contiental, they have to fly to their own places.

Express Jet is great

from Long Beach, CA

Comments about Express Jet:

My son booked me on Express Jet from Ont Ca to Tulsa OK. I was alittle scared to fly on this airline as I had not heard much about it but I was very pleased. There was no hassle at check in and everything was great.They serve you food and snacks, no middle seats. Also I was traveling with my 1 year old granddaughter and they let her have the extra seat that was empty, She was so happy and it was a great for me to be comfortable. I will defineily fly with Express Jet on future travels they were so friendly and helpful

Just okay

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Express Jet:

I flew on express Jetthis summer with a group of teachers. I had heard a lot of bad things about express Jet and was hesistant to fly with them. The flight was booked through a trip coordinator so I had no day in the matter.

I was so pleased with the service, the plane and the flight in general I would love to fly express jet whenever possible. There was a wide variety of snacks to choose from and the flight attendants were very efficient.

I also loved the fact that there was a TV in every seat with satellite television. Also accessablility to XM radio. This made the flight extremely enjoyable.

ExpressJet...Excellent communication! Best prices and free meal!

from 871118007

Comments about Express Jet:

Pros:

Excellent communication, free meal and non-alcoholic beverage on board if the flight is over an hour, reasonably priced drinks (beer and wine), great service, plenty of leg room for economy

Cons:

No frequent flyer miles program anymore, limited flights

Summary: If you don't mind that you won't get frequent flyer miles and that there are limited times when you can fly, then I would highly recommend ExpressJet

bad customer service

from Baxley, GA

scarry fun

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Express Jet:

My company booked me on an Express Jet flight operated by Delta. I was scared when I only saw to seats on both sides and one flight attendant. I was pleasantly surprised! The flight attendant was probably the nicest and most attentive I've encountered. The flight offered a choice of yummy snacks, very nice job!