2.9
Other Travel Websites:
Expedia.com

THE FLIGHT INSURANCE WITH AIG IS A SCAM!!!

If you know that you may need to change flight dates. Do yourself a favour and book directly with the airline and pay the extra money for cancellations or to change flight dates. Only family death, severe sickness or major work related item will get you considered for a partial refund or credit. Even then it will be a hassle and you will get low balled. Its a waste of your money!

California

Expedia is a nightmare. DON'T USE THEM EVER

If there was a way to give Expedia negative stars I would I just had a terrible experience with them when I was recently booking flights for my daughters to come home for Christmas. They were flying from different destinations and I was able to find them flights that got them to the airport near me at more or less the same time. But a few days later Expedia claimed that both the tickets were booked for ME and that they couldn't have me flying at the same time, which is poppycock, because when I filled out the line asking who was flying I specifically remember filling in my daughters' names with both reservation. Expedia refunded one of my tickets because we caught the error within 24 hours, but I lost my good reservation because of some glitch in Expedia's system. About the other flight I am going to call the airline and beg. Needless to say, I will not ever ever use Expedia again. I would not recommend Expedia to a friend or my worst enemy.

Charlottesville, Virginia

Expediaaaa

I recently booked a bundle trip to Rome and I love how I was able to 've my own travel agent by using expedia. With the suggestions of the site, I was able to not only book my trip, but also make sure that we have roundtrip transportation to our hotel. I didn't have to do any further research and at any time I wanted to add an activity I just logged back into my account and make plans through my already booked trip. It was very helpful.

Kansas City MO

true

RUN!!! DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANY REASON.

I there was a way to give a negative number of stars I would! The agents do not understand what you are saying and they lie or just say yes when they have no idea what you are asking. One of the agents when I asked him if he understood my question, he say no, let me google that?! And our flights were canceled and even with insurance it is call after call after contradictory emails. EXPEDIA SUCKS!!!! STAY AWAY!

USA

Not worth it

Booked a cruise through Expedia rather than direct, because of the cash back offered via a rewards program. Lots of issues so far. It's just not worth it-next time I will book direct!

New England

Suckered by Expedia

Guess I had been lucky, had used Expedia many times but since there were no glitches I did not realize their track record of no customer service. Booked a Boston Sunset Cruise for two. When we got to the pier 2 hr. prior to departure, as directed, were told "Expedia sold you tickets for a tour that was already full". Expedia refused to refund.

Duvall, WA

false

Dishonest! Horrible customer service! Rip-off!

My wife and I booked an "all-inclusive" vacation to Mexico and paid Expedia the double-occupancy rate they advertised. We arrived in Mexico but did not have our own room??? I had to pay the hotel an extra $1000 so we could have a room, and assumed it would be easy to sort out when we return. NOPE! Expedia's MO is to take money then refuse any responsibility... They ignore you and hope you will give up. I can't believe they are still in business?

Toronto

false

Book directly with the end company

My husband often uses Expedia to book trips. Generally things go smoothly, but one trip he had to miss the first leg. This resulted in them cancelling his return trip home. We identified the issue before the flight and spoke to customer service, prior to the first leg of the trip. They were well mannered, but the end result was we were out of a whole return plane ticket. The customer service representative told me these things can be easier to resolve it you don't book through a third party.

Morristown, NJ

Lies, and more lies

When i booked I understood I could select seats, but could not, after calling Expedia,was told to call back after credit card charge cleared back, when I called back was told cannot select seats! There price match is a lie, the price of my tickets has dropped $120. Called them, you must purchase extra insurance for price match! Never ever use them.

Show Low Az

Shady booking practices

This was my first time using Expedia. I reserved a room for a fall trip about 6 months in advance. The website said nothing about having to pay now for the room. I reserved the room and found out the next day that the money had been taken out of my account. This drained my bank account because I was just reserving the room and not intending to pay till check in. I cancelled the room so I could get my money back and they said it will take 7 days to get back the money they took overnight. If they had put on the website that I had to pay when booking I would have booked a different room. When I call customer service it was like an automated response from people you could barely understand. They wouldn't listen to my complaint they just tried to feed me some lies to justify what they did.

Vardaman, MS