Other Fever & Pain Medicines:
Headache, Pain

to much could eat your stomach away

My review of excedrin starts by saying the product works extremely well. I can honestly say i have used excedrin for many years for chronic headaches. It would take my headaches away in as little as 10 minutes. They could never find what caused my headaches over the years. I found out on my own i was addicted to asprin. That is something they don't tell you on the warning label. It took me many years to come to this conclusion. I wound up because of asprin usage with bleeding ulcers. The worst part was that my ulcers didn't respond to medicine. So finially, because they were worried the ulcers would perforate, i had to have surgery and two thirds of my stomach was removed. The bottom line was that the excedrin worked to good. It definately holds up to be true on what they advertise on thier commercials. But i feel they they should tell you, that just because it's asprin, an over the countr drug, it can still become addictive. That is a very important bit of information. I haven't taken excedrin in over 4 months now and what i found was thast my headaches went away. The first week was very hard, it was like a drug addict coming off drugs i guess. But i later found out the more asprin you take, the more you need to get rid of the headache. It was a constant cycle.

It helped with the pain, but left me feeling jittery & medicated

I suffer from occasional kidney stones.  When they get large, or break up and pass, only a strong, prescription strength pain killer will ease my suffering.  However, when they are just starting to come on, and I am feeling a mild throbbing in my lower back, I need something that I am able to take and continue working at my job and other daily activities.  I normally take some sort of Ibuprophen, and that gets me through.

While working one night, my kidneys started to bother me, so I ran to a nearby grocery store and grabbed Excedrine from the check-out line display.  The Acetaminophem and Aspirin seemed to work well by easing my pain enough that I was not bothered by it for the rest of the evening.  It also seemed to work almost immediately.

The caffeine, while also kicking right in, had an unusual effect.  I am not normally sensetive to caffeine, and orginally felt comfortable taking this product knowing that was an active ingredient.  In fact, I looked forward to the benefit of feeling alert, unlike my prescriptions which make me feel to drowsy to work.  Just a few moments after taking the two pills, as per the direction, I started to feel light headed and dizzy.  I also felt jittery for the rest of the night, although I was able to fall right asleep a few hours later at home.

I have heard that a lot of people truly benefit from Excedrin, and I agree that the pian-relieving effects are excellent.  I do believe, though, that people who are sensetive to caffeine should consider a different product.  Also, since I do not usually have the aforementioned reaction, and I have taken all these ingredients in other medications with no problems, I belive that the combination of these medicines with caffeine may cause some to become unoordinarily sensitive.  I would suggest trying a individual packet dose on a trial run, before you decide whether this is the right pain reliever for you.

to much could eat your stomach away

from Hewitt, NJ

Comments about Excedrin:

The Excedrin commercials say it works fast--it really does!

from Ithaca, NY

Comments about Excedrin:

Excedrin is my migraine survival drug of choice. I am generally healthy, but when a migraine hits me, it wipes me out--unless I take an Excedrin during my aura phase. The commercials say that it works fast--in 15 minutes--it usually does! I can ward off a major migraine and continue working where I would otherwise want to crawl into a dark, quiet room and not return for several hours.

fantastic

from Midlothian, VA

Comments about Excedrin:

Excedrin has been around for so long its like a friend whos always there and never leaves. If you've ever taken aspirin or if you can excedrin comes in a variety of uses like for regular, tension headaches, migraines and body aches. i would always stand by excedrin because it truly works and it never ,\lets me down the price is fair for the results I get. I am glad to say that this is one product that has stood the test of time with me I hope there are others who find as much comfort in this product as I have so if you want relief its there it will be worth your while. Excedrin exceeds most aspirins that I know I wouldn't change a thing about it.

;It is a product that always works it always gives me the relief i need so i don't need to take more then two and usually that does the trick

very easy to use easy to swallow no problem

Immediacy
it takes about a less then a half hour to get rid of my headache so it starts easing the pain in no time.

• Immediacy:

It always works

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Excedrin:

I have a migraine background in our family and when it comes to stopping the pain, a few Excedrin Migraine or Headache with tension pills do the trick. No matter what the pain, I have tried various Excedrin products and find that all of Excedrins products work well. Would recommend to all of my friends

Excedrin works!

from San Pablo, CA

Comments about Excedrin:

I have always used motrin for my headaches, but my fiancee and I decided to try excedrin for our caffiene headaches from coffee withdrawl.  Usually within 15 mins this stuff kicks in.  I have to say, when I have a headache, I like to reach for my excedrin.

Excedrin is a very good product

from Detroit, MI

Comments about Excedrin:

This medicine makes it  possible to  keep going when  i'm  suffering one of my  special headaches. I have suffered from migraine headaches  since the age of  Ten years old.I am now  mother of three, and at the fantastic age of fifty-two. So when I'm asked what kind of medicine do I use for pain?  I simply answer  take  Excedrin. I use  all  of their products.

takes it away

from Reading, PA

Comments about Excedrin:

I really  liked  the  excederin  headache  medacine.  It is  very  fast  and  effective.  Like  mostly  all  medecin  i  think  it  is  really  expensive  so  we  mostly  buy  the  store  brand  but  some times  they  do  have  it  on  sale  for  a  price  that  i  am  comforatable  paying   so  then  i  will  pick  some  up.  i  think  it  is  so  effective  i  only  ever  have  to  take  one  for  it  to  relieve  my  head ache  or  any  other  kind  of  pain.  i  do  think  that  it  is  much  more  effective  than  the  other  brand  that  are  out there.  i  love  that  they  all  come  in  the  different  sizes  now  so  that  you  can  buy  little  ones  for  in the  car  and  suitcases  and  then  you  can  buy  the  jumbo  size  so  that  you  do  not  need  to  keep  buying  them  at  the  store  if  you  get  frequent  headaches  or have  cronic  pain.  i love  the  excedrine  headache  relief  because  it  is  fast  and  effective

WoW! Caffeine pill!!

from Lovely, NJ

Comments about Excedrin:

I recently took "1" Excedrin over my usual "1" Extra Strength Tylenol for a minor headache. WoW!! I couldn't sit still and when the Excedrin wore off my headache was a Fully Infused Migraine! Be careful when switching it can be... "a headache" hahaha ;)

Any Excedrin product does what it says!

from Goose Creek, SC

Comments about Excedrin:

Im a Mother of two teenagers and let me tell you...They give me a headache! Sometimes even a migraine! I always use Excedrin Migraine and it works great for me. You dont have to wait long for it to kick in (about 15 minutes for me) and it lasts all day. It doesnt upset my stomach for those of you who have trouble with that, and I would recommend it to anyone! (psst...little secret..its great for back pain too)

I understand why my doctor recommended I try it first.

from West Newton, PA

Comments about Excedrin:

I have suffered for years from chronic progressive migraines. I have lost of a lot of time and, consequently, missed a lot of important events because of this. Prescription medicines make me drowsy and that no help, either. If I take Execedrin Migraine at the very first start of one, it makes the biggest difference for me. I wouldn't want to face a migraine without it.