Other Toasters:

Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator, Black

Excellent!

from Florida

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Even Heating
  • Excellent Heating
  • Lots of Room
  • Precise Controls
  • Versatile

Cons

• Bulky

• Kitchen

Comments about Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator, Black:

Let me start out by saying that I have used many different dehydrator's over the years. None of them compare to this one by the Excalibur company.

My favorite things about this unit are- it is versatile, I use Mine for various kinds of fruit and meats, but I have started looking up more recipies and am planning to get a little more adventurous with it. It's easy to clean- I've had a couple dehydrators before I bought this one that were a pain to clean but this one is easy to clean. Its got a lot of surface stea- which was a big deal to me. I wanted to be able to do a large amount at one time.

The con, well the only one that really bugs me is how bulky this unit is. It is a little bit of a pain to Move.

But the good as you can see more than out weigh the bad. It's a powerful little unit that gives a lot of power with not so much noise.

I love mine- but I use it a lot. But I make a lot of dried fruit so it gets a lot of use. I don't know if this would make sense for casual users. It is a little bit of an investment.

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Great dehydrator, but one design flaw

from Westchester, IL

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Excellent Heating
  • Lots of Room

Cons

• Doesn't Heat Evenly

Comments about Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator, Black:

The Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator is the first food dehydrator I have ever purchased so I have nothing to judge it against, but so far it has performed all the duties I need. On first impression this dehydrator takes up a lot of
    counter space so when it's not in use I store it in my pantry. I use this dehydrator to make turkey jerky and an assortment of fruit/vegetable chips. When powered on I was very surprised that it didn't keep up too much noise. The fan volume is very close to a range hood. During my first couple of test runs I noticed that my jerky near the center of the trays were still damp so I decided to rotate the trays every couple of hours and that fixed the problem. Oddly I don't have to rotate the tray for fruits and vegetables. The only downside I have come across with this dehydrator is that the door rattles when in use because of the fan. It doesn't interfere with the drying process, but it can be a little irritating. I would definitely recommend the Excalibur 3926TB Food Dehydrator because it does an excellent job drying food and comes with plenty of space for large quantities.

• Primary use: