Other Microwave Ovens:
Ewave Microwave

Ewave Microwave

Ewave microwave is not long lasting

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Ewave Microwave:

It appears Magic Chef now carries Ewave products and microwaves seem to be a thing of the past.

I'm not sure how long ago we bought this microwave. I'm guessing we've had it at least five years. It's made of black plastic. I kind of would have preferred the stainless steel version, but it cost more so the husband said no. This is a built-in model, so I would have liked it to last longer and demonstrate more durability.

It was probably little more than a year old when the handle broke. I don't think this was the result of someone having done something stupid. If it was, it was probably minor-stupid. I don't remember who fixed it with duct tape, but someone did. Maybe it was a case of several different people tried and failed. Finally, someone came up with a tape configuration that held together.

We used it for several years in that condition. I often wondered if nasty rays were leaking out and zapping us, harming us in stages. I'll never know.

One morning, I appeared in the kitchen to discover that the microwave's clock was not working. I tried other buttons and found that they were dead. I tried the fan and the light (it's also a range hood thing) and found everything to be dead.

This was a few months ago. It's still hanging above the stove, still dead. We don't actually have need of a huge microwave; it's just that it replaced a former built-in of the same size. So, now we have a little microwave on the counter -- definitely not the same brand.

As for functionality, I guess it was okay. We didn't cook with it; we just heated stuff up. That's not very demanding of a microwave.