Other Vacuums:

Pros

Cons

Household helper?

Comments about Evolution Robotics Mint Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner:

I liked the idea that I wouldn't have to mop anymore. The Mint works fine on tile, not doing as good of a job as I would, but it works for me. It left really weird streaks on the wood floor in the hallway, so I never use it for that. It seems the mint has to be charged after every other use. That can get annoying, especially when I'm just ready for it to be DONE. Funny story. I went to bed one night after I'd left the Mint running. After I'd dozed off, I jolted awake. I could hear someone in the house. I grab my baseball bat and venture out into the hallway, only to discover that the noise I'd heard was my Mint, just cleaning away. I felt dumb.

Maneuverability
It mostly works fine in my U shaped kitchen. It often gets hung up on the berber carpet that's butted up against the tile, though.

Ease of Maintenance
That part's easy. Just wash the mopping rag out.

Suction Performance
It's not that kind of product

What?

It's cute.

I've had it over a year with no problems.

• Versatility:

I ate mopping, so Mint does it for me

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Evolution Robotics Mint Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner:

I was very skeptical when my husband bought a Mint floor cleaner. But this robot is worth every penny. I use it to sweep and mop the floors. We have a spray bottle with cleaner and I spray the kitchen floor, turn on Mint and walk away. I still have to get stubborn spills up myself but Mint does the rest. I use it almost daily to mop or sweep. It's amazing how much dirt it picks up on the clothes. We have used it with the clothes provided and additional microfiber clothes we already had.

Suction Performance
No suction on the mint. It's not a vacuum.

Mint is my "Rosie!"

from Quincy, MA

Comments about Evolution Robotics Mint Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner:

The Mint is a God Send! We just converted from carpeted to wood floors and the amount of dirt and hair and general crap that collects on the wood floors is shocking. Sweeping and vacuuming daily didn't cut it, and there were always missed spots along the walls and under tables and such. Hubby brings home this darling little robot, which , if Apple made home cleaning products, this is what it would look like. I was skeptical, having had a Roomba in the past, I thought it would do "OK" but not glorious. Well, the Mint is run by the same GPS that is in the Cadillac Northstars - which means that it maps your floors in your home carefully, and actually seems to learn where to go and not go. It does an amaing job picking up all the stray hairs I shed, all the errant bird food (we have four birds) and all the general dirt that gets tracked in from outside. And BONUS, it keeps our birds amused for the entire time it runs ( about 15-20min) so we get to enjoy a "scream free" household while the mint does it's job. Sure, you can do the same thing yourself with a swifter or on your hands and knees with a damp cloth, but why do it when you can have your robot do it for you? And, I sue wouldn't be able to get under the bookcases and low tables like the Mint.

Suction Performance
Gets the stuff that items lodged in the cracks of hardwood floors. No more using old toothbrushes to get at the grit in the cracks!

Versatility
Pretty good for hardwood, linoleum, tile, and concrete flooring.

Primo!!!!

So far...so good!

• Versatility:

The Mint is my new maid and I named her "Alice."

from Bentonville, AR

Comments about Evolution Robotics Mint Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner:

The Mint is slow but is easy to use and does what is expected. The Mint will go under couches, chairs, tables, etc. The Mint gets really close to your refrigerator and stove and picks up dust and dirt you cannot get with the normal broom, vacuum or mop. I could not believe my floor was so dirty.

Maneuverability
The Mint is very easy to use. You just charge and turn it on sweep or mop and let it go. Go and do something else and after a bit you can check and see if you need a new cleaning cloth.

Ease of Maintenance
Have not had any trouble. The cube takes two "C" batteries and the charge will last up to 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

Suction Performance
The Mint picks up things you did not know were on the floor. I love it!

Versatility
Just the function of going under my couches it a plus. My vacuum will not reach so dust really builds up. The Mint gets very close to your base boards also. I am very pleased and glad I purchased it.

Very modern design and low to the ground. Of course this is so it can go under furniture.

I do think this product will last a long time. The only improvement they could make would be to speed it up. But I am just happy I can turn it on and do something else while it is mopping or sweeping.

• Versatility:

Evolution Robotics Mint Vacuum works!

from Naples, FL

Comments about Evolution Robotics Mint Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner:

I purchased the Mint at Bed Bath and Beyond a few weeks ago, and I am just getting the process of using it down pat. In the beginning, I had a few issues and called customer service. I have to say that the customer service is fabulous. While I don't exactly know their hours, they were always there when I called, and they always talked me through. My home is mostly 16"x16" ceramic tile. I always thought I was keeping it pretty clean with my swiffer and vacuum until I started using the Mint. I couldn't believe how much dirt it picked up the first time I used it. It comes with cleaning cloths and a wet cloth, but I used swiffer pads at first. Because there are so many separate areas, I found that I was better off creating zones. The 2 bathrooms and laundry have doors which I now close. Customer service indicated that these small areas do not need the GPS cube that comes with the device. They were right. I just set it down, and the floors in those rooms are cleaned in a very short time. That leaves the kitchen, hall, and living room. I know it sounds silly, but I find it works best if I separate the 2 areas with a barrier. I had a 2"x4" in the garage, and boxing off the area into 2 separate areas, the cleaning goes much, much faster. It would clean the entire area by itself, but it takes twice the time without the barrier. I have allowed it to clean by itself, but I have also observed the process. It is quiet and thorough. It is amazing to watch how it navigates the edges of the furniture, cabinets and other obstacles. I confess, I do move the kitchen stools out of the way to expedite the process. I have only used the wet cloth once. It came up practically clean because most of the dirt had been swiffered up in the dry mode. I plan to keep the device.

Mint Floor Cleaner is a time saver

from Ozark, MO

Comments about Evolution Robotics Mint Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner:

I just received this robotic floor cleaner for Christmas.  After letting it charge all night, I  turned it loose the next day.  The first thing I noticed was how quiet it was.  The dogs slept as it worked all around them and never woke once.  Setup is very easy.  Place the navigation cube on the countertop pointed towards the middle of the room.  Choose the mop or sweep function.  Then sit back as it cleans your room.  It comes with reuseable cloths or is compatible with swiffer type wet or dry cloths.  I have a fairly open floor plan, but a lot of furniture and area rugs.  The cleaner worked for about 2 hours cleaning that area.  When I removed the cloth it was filthy!!  I regularly stick vac and hand sweep this area, but apparently not good enough.  Once it finished this, I set it to work mopping the bathroom.  Then I started to mop my living room area.  It worked about 3 hours total before the battery died.  I'm charging it now for the next go around tomorrow.  Hopefully the cloth will be less scary tomorrow.