3.4
Everstar
Everstar Portable Heater/Fan

Everstar Portable Heater/Fan

3.4

Great for heating a small bathroom!

Comments about Everstar Portable Heater/Fan:

I love our little Everstar Portable Heater for quickly heating up our small bathroom on cold winter days! Our bathroom gets a little chilly since it is further away from the heat source (wood stove) than all the other rooms. Typically I plug this in about 15-20 minutes before planning on taking a shower and it takes the chill off the room, making it much more enjoyable to take a shower. We did notice a slight increase in our electric bill, but for the convenience and niceness of having a warm bathroom vs. taking a shower in a cold refrigerator like room, we feel the cost is worth it.

We have been running this heater for about a year now with no complaints.

Simple and easy to use, no complicated electronic buttons, not a vast amount of choices for settings, sometimes simple is better!

Safety
I don't notice that the exterior of this heater gets super hot, but of course it is always best to keep away from any flammable items.

• Safety:

Very basic.

Comments about Everstar Portable Heater/Fan:

I gave the Everstar Portable Heater/Fan a 7 because it is average. It all depends on what you are looking for, and how much you want to spend. I needed a very basic fan to keep near my desk at work during the winter since my classroom gets cold. I didn't want to spend much, and just needed something to keep my legs warm. This little heater does the trick, but don't expect any bells or whistles. You get what you pay for--just the basics. It has three settings--fan, low and high. The heat itself you adjust by turning the dial to the heat level you prefer. The fan will stop on its own once that heat has been reached, and turn back on when the temperature gets cooler.
This heater works best in a pretty confined space. In a full room you would have to be relatively close to it to feel its effects.

Works in small spaces.

Could be designed better but easy to use.

Okay.

Compact. Very basic.

Safety
Fine.

• Safety:

The two we bought worked great, until they melted

from Evanston, IL

Comments about Everstar Portable Heater/Fan:

We bought two of these for our drafty 1920s apartment in Chicago and they worked great for a little while.  The first one failed after about six weeks when the plug melted to the outlet.  In retrospect we should have immediately known the second one was a safety risk and removed it but we didn't until it failed about two weeks later.  The switch welded itself open and we couldn't get it to turn off.  There's 80 bucks down the drain.  We bought a third space heater at the same time which is an oil filled electric radiator and it works great.  Go with that and don't buy crappy made in china space heaters with purchased etl approvals.  We'll be buying space heaters that are made in America and are UL approved from now on.

Everstar heater puts off a lot of heat for its size

from Brunswick, MD

Comments about Everstar Portable Heater/Fan:

The Everstar portable ceramic heater with thermostat is 1500 watts of power.  It comes with an extended-reach six foot cord, has an instant-off tip-over switch and overheat protection device for added safety.  The Quick-Set thermostat controls room temperature with three comfort settings.

At only 5.91 inches wide, 9.45 inches high and 7.48 inches deep, this heater can be placed on most small surfaces or even the narrowest of shelves.

It is ideal for adding heat to a drafty room or cold corners or adding extra heat to a child's bedroom or bathroom.  Of course, if it is used in the bathroom, be sure to use common sense and safety precautions around water.

Although it is advertised as being ideal for small spaces, I found it worked well for heating a medium sized room.  Having both a thermostat control and instant-off tip-over switch are both extras for any one with small children.

The heater comes with a one year warranty.

Tiny heater packs a powerful punch!

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Everstar Portable Heater/Fan:

The Everstar Portable Heater/Fan Model # 732906 is small, quiet and yet quite powerful.  I have it in my very drafty sunroom with old single pane windows and it still manages to keep the room at a decent tempertaure without running constantly.

This model has several safety features which is why I originally selected it.  It has tip-over protection meaning that if the heater is accidently knocked over (by say kids or pets), it automatically shuts off instead of burning a hole in your carpet.  It also has a cool-exterior so that if a person accidently brushes up against it, they don't get burned.  Finally it has an automatic shut off if the internal tempature of the heater gets too high, preventing those horror stories of a heater melting when left unattended.

It has an adjustable thermostat that allows you to set the tempature and then leave the heater to automatically turn itself on and off.  I was a bit disappointed that all you have is a warmer / cooler setting and not an actual temp but I quickly found a setting that I liked.  It also has two power settings, 1500 for when you need a quick burst of high heat and a lower setting for just leaving it on.