Other Car Seats:
Convertible Car Seats
Evenflo
Evenflo Triumph Premier Convertible Car Seat

Evenflo Triumph Premier Convertible Car Seat

The easiest car seat to use, EVER !!!

I can't rave enough about this car seat.  When our youngest was on the way we needed a carseat for our older daughter (they're 15 months apart, whew).  The wonderful and I'm-totally-blessed-to-have inlaws told us to pick a car seat and they would bestow the gift of this wonderful carseat upon us.  I ran to to pick out our ubber expensive, top-of-the-line car seat but I just couldn't bring myself to have someone spend that kind of money on a carseat.  So I started doing some research and found that this carseat actually received higher ratings from parents and safety associations then some of the ubber expensive carseats.  I was sold.  Then I found out that everyone else must have been sold too because everytime the seat came into stock at the local Baby Mart they sold out online in a matter of a day.  What was I to do???  I stalked them of course.  Long story short, we finally received our car seat.  It was the easiest thing to install.  We have one newer vehicle with the latch system and one older one without.  The carseat is so easy to install into either vehicle.  Plus my daughters loved/love it.  My youngest is now using it for herself.  We have moved this carseat from vehicle to vehicle and have never had any problem doing so.  We have even had the unfortunate event of a full stomach of pancakes and orange juice performing a reappearing act into the carseat.  It was a little difficult getting the straps clean, but we managed.  The cloth cover came off completely and washed well in my washer and dryer.  It was also easy to put back on.  The absolutely best feature of this seat is the adjustable straps.  With the turn of a knob, you have a car seat that fits perfectly to your child.  It's as easy as pie!!!

Rear-Facing knobs are blocked on Evenflo Premier

I was some what limited in my car seat choices due to the fact that I drive a small car and not many seats would fit rear facing. This one seemed like it was going to fit the bill; it got a great crash test rating, looked like a big comfy chair, and actually fit in my car. My excitement didn't last long. The first time I tried putting my son in it was all it took to convince me to return it & buy the Britax Boulevard. The knob that tightens the shoulder harnesses is flush agains teh side of the car interior when installed rear-facing. Plus, you have to use ALL your weight to get the release button to click when installed this way. This is a VERY POOR design. I suggest you try putting your baby in the seat & latching and opening it a few times before you buy it... then try the Britax; it's a breeze to latch and adjust plus it has a far better safety rating.

Great Car Seat

from Pompano Beach, FL

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Premier Convertible Car Seat:

It is nice because you can use it from infant to up to 40 pound.  This way, you don’t have to get the infant car seat then switch up for toddler car seat.  And for the price of getting two separate car seats, this is actually more affordable.  And the cushion material is very soft. However, it is quite difficult to install it especially for the backward facing for the infant.  The colors and styles are great.  The seat belt is easy to use but you have to pull it pretty hard to get it tighten up especially for young infants.  Putting a young infant in the backward facing position is difficult too.  I think this is because the seat is so big, so when you put the baby in there, he/she is so small so the seat looks like there are a lot of rooms.  You have to keep adjusting until the baby is position correctly and the seat belts are put in correctly.  I do like that there are many cushion and padding for you to use and as the child gets older, you could remove the cushion and padding to adjust to the child’s comfort especially when the child gets older.

Ease of Installation
Easy to install

Not very fancy looking, but it does the job as a car seat.

• Ease of Installation:
  • Child's Comfort:
  • Support and Safety:

Evenflo Triumph Carseat

from Murfreesboro, TN

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Premier Convertible Car Seat:

I purchased this carseat for my son when he was 6 months old and he is now sixteen months. Overall I really like this carseat. The seat cover is really easy to get on and off, which is especially handy when putting the seat in the car. It is pretty simple to get your child buckled in. The fabrics are holding up well although my sister had one of these carseats for her daughter and the sun turned the brown padding a purple color.

My only complaint is that sometimes I have trouble getting the release handle to function properly. It gets "stuck" a bit. I'm not sure if this is because I'm doing something wrong or if there's a problem with the carseat itself. Usually it's not too big of a deal, but it can be frustrating when it's raining outside and I'm in a hurry!.

Despite my problem with the release handle, I like this carseat and I would recommend it.

Evenflo Triumph a good choice

from Crestview, FL

Pros

Cons

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Premier Convertible Car Seat:

Our son grew out of his infant car seat very early on, about four months old. Big baby. So we had to begin the very complicated and confusing search for a new convertible car seat. We went through a couple of different options that we thought we would like, before deciding on the Evenflo Triumph. The seats that we initially liked would not fit very well in our vehicle. We ended up having to go to the toy store to compare all the seats at once. That's where we decided on the Evenflo. The downside to it is that it is very large. A monster really, but our son seems very comfortable in it so we choose to overlook that drawback. We love that it is so easy to buckle him in. So much easier that it was with his infant seat.

Rear-Facing knobs are blocked on Evenflo Premier

from Rochester, NY

Pros

Cons

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Premier Convertible Car Seat:

good carseat for everyday use

from Lawrenceville, NJ

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Premier Convertible Car Seat:

We bought this one for our child when he outgrow his infant carseat. We use it first facing back in a reclined position. It is very steady and hold well. The reclined position allows the baby to nap in the car. Around 1 year of age, we put it facing forward. Adjusing itself is very easy to do. Installing instruction coming with the carseat is very straightforwad and the procedure is easy. The carsaet cover can be taken off and washed, which makes cleaning a really easy job to do. This carseat is very roomy and comfortable. It is quite heavy though, but we don't feel it a huge issue coz we don't carry it around or swich it between cars a lot. The price is very reasonable and the quality is as good as those expensive ones. We plan to buy another one for our second baby after she outgrow her infant carseat. And we definitely recommend this carseat to other parents who have limited budget for baby gear but still look for one with good quality.

Evenflo Triumph Advance Premier is amazing

from Wilmington, NC

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Premier Convertible Car Seat:

This is the best carseat I have ever owned! After four kids that is saying alot. I researched for a long time before I decided to buy the Evenflo Triumph Advance Premier for my daughter. I wanted a safe seat that I could use for extended rear facing. The Evenflo Triumph Advance Premier was all of that and more. The straps are so easy to adjust that I am always sure that my daughter is safely strapped in. It is easy to install using either the seatbelt or the three anchors. The shoulder straps are also easy to adjust making this car seat very easy to use safely.The cover is very plush and confortable and easy to remove for washing. I love this car seat so much that when we were in a minor car accident and I had to replace my daughter's car seat I went out and bout another Evenflo Triumph Advance Premier. I even bought an extra one to use as a spare car seat. My only complaint is that the little drink holder on the side does not stay one very well.

Great car seat

from Spring, TX

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Premier Convertible Car Seat:

I absolutely love the Evenflo Triumph. I am the mother of a 2 year-old and a 4 year-old so while I was waiting for the four year old to become big enough for a booster seat, we had to have two convertibles. Our other carseat was an evenflo and we had been pretty happy with it so we started looking for another one. This carseat is GREAT. My very favorite feature is how easy it is to adjust the fit. The shoulder straps slide up and down along a track and the tightness is adjusted with a knob on the side. With my four year old's carseat, it was very difficult to adjust strap height and you had to yank on a belt while pushing a button to tighten it. Needless to say, the fit wasn't always perfect for him. The seat is big. It's not fun to lug through airports. So if you are a frequent traveller I would advise looking for another seat. It seems very comfortable and is easy to install. On top of all that, it is rated very highly for safety.

good things and bad things

from Aiken, SC

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Premier Convertible Car Seat:

This seat is super comf, very attractive, good for a newborn yet also for a toddler.  The straps never have ti be adjusted because they just slide up and down.  This is its most redeeming quality.  That said - the straps are the worst part of this entire seat.  I have owned 3 separate carseats and this is the only one whose straps twist inside the buckle almost everytime I use it.  It drives me absolutely crazy!

Evenflo's Triumph Advance Premier is my favorite car seat !

from Cookeville, TN

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Premier Convertible Car Seat:

My children's safety is of utmost importance to me.  And I did my research for weeks before making a carseat purchase for my youngest.  She was tiny when she was born and never outgrew the weight of her infant carrier, but we decided on a convertible seat because we knew we would need one.

After a long search we purchased one and it would not fit the seats of our Honda CRV, so back to the store & we purchased the Evenflo Triumph Advance Premier.  It was HUGE and swallowed our 18 lb almost 2 year old!  But it look so comfortable that I wanted to ride in it. (My child's comfort also played a role in our purchase because if they are going to spend so much time in it (we take a lot of road trips to visit family) then she needed to be comfortable!)

The best thing about this carseat, and what caused my mother-in-law to purchase one for her car, is how easy it is to adjust the harness.  I always hated taking a carseat out to adjust the height of the shoulder straps, but it's a breeze with the front adjustable straps.  It is also simple to adjust how tight you want the straps.  This comes in handy if your child wears a coat or if you have multiple children using the seat like my mother-in-law.

Overall I LOVE this seat and would purchase it again for another child if I had one.  Evenflo had some GREAT ideas with this seat!

Great car seat!

from Saint Johns, AZ

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Premier Convertible Car Seat:

We own two of these car seats and I love them. The straps are very easy to adjust and the car seats are fairly comfortable. The only con is the size. The are huge and take up a ton of room in our car. Other then that it is a great car seat,